Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... (23679 Views)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by pslm23(f): 2:57am On Sep 12, 2012
jennykadry: Pslm23 deariee, e ma binu, ewe ka la iwe. God is with you and it is well. Has he tried to contact you yet?

no.... just his attorneys. My house is going up for sale!as part of the division of property
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2012

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by ifyalways(f): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2012
Jenny Na Igbo Hausa ya sef.

Psalm 23,Joy comes in the morning. kiss
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Dyt(f): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You sure?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Dat wz y it came wit dis '?'
Had my doubts and wanted clarification
So sad
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2012
pslm23:

no.... just his attorneys. My house is going up for sale!as part of the division of property

You are processing a lot right now but please get good solicitors. A second at a time. NEVER allow pity parties they are time wasters and soul drainers. Sympathy is good but no pity parties. Loads of hugs and love. You will be fine.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2012
@pslm23

How can I forget your thread? I've been a faithful follower of health thread for ttc for over 6yrs
I'm in shock
I really dont know how I could trust anyone after that betrayal and he's unapologetic? What came over him?

Hmmm

May you find comfort from peoples words here
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by lastpage: 1:11am On Sep 13, 2012
Hmmmmm......there is so much "LESSON" in this episode!

If only we know "what the future will bring", l guess we will be more guarded in our actions and utterances!

The lesson is in-between that line!

Another "marriage" is broken beyond repair.
Love has died, hearts are torn apart, hatred is replacing love, "fight-over" is replacing "sharing together", Soul-mates have suddenly become Adversaries!

Is this what marriage is all about?
Why dont people "step back" and take a deep breath, (even when they have been wronged, and they are in the right, Yes, you deserve to get angry) ......to try and realize that there is a "bad way" of "claiming your right"?

People may pretend, but l am yet to see anyone who got "happier as a result of divorce"!
They make act out, pretend and experience some short-lived flash of relief (in case of abusive relationships) but at the end, in the long run, SORROW, REGRET, TEARS and EMPTINESS is all that is passed on, after the divorce.

Cant we just do everything possible, even beyond "possible", to create an understanding that would make marriage work?
Every broken marriage is a dream ruined! The dream of "two hearts that were beating as one"...as one before now!
It could have been worse, if children were involved!

This one broke down because they wanted children, another one where the @OP was deeply involved, broke down because of those same children!

Aaye'le! This world is agonizing, to put it mildly.

(shakes head and saunter-off unhappily)

Lastpage

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 13, 2012
lastpage: Hmmmmm......there is so much "LESSON" in this episode!
[b]
People may pretend, but l am yet to see anyone who got "happier as a result of divorce"!
They make act out, pretend and experience some short-lived flash of relief (in case of abusive relationships) but at the end, in the long run, SORROW, REGRET, TEARS and EMPTINESS is all that is passed on, after the divorce.[/color]
Lastpage

I can guarantee you the day I left my ex husband, was the day I smiled. For a person who was unaware of marital problems or someone without financial resources, it is probably difficult to move forward. For me, I felt like a rope had been released from neck and I was able to breathe again. There may be some unhappy divorcees, but there are also some who are quite happy in life. Of course my situation is going to be different due to where I'm located. wink

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Sep 13, 2012
^^^ Congratulations!

I know of a couple of people who have been liberated in divorce. Divorce is never a good thing in my book but when it is needed, I don't see any reason why people should forbid themselves that choice to live a better life and not a life of misery. I believe I am happier today as a result of divorce. I don't rejoice that it happened but I am glad that it did. It is like years of pain, depression etc lifted and life makes sense for the first time. grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 13, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^^ Congratulations!

I know of a couple of people who have been liberated in divorce. Divorce is never a good thing in my book but when it is needed, I don't see any reason why people should forbid themselves that choice to live a better life and not a life of misery. I believe I am happier today as a result of divorce. I don't rejoice that it happened but I am glad that it did. It is like years of pain, depression etc lifted and life makes sense for the first time. grin
AMEN!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Idowuogbo(f): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2012
slimyem: @jennykardy
jeez!
Is all of that necessary?
Stop fanning the fire abeg
there's really no point!
Haba!
Na Ivy dey invite d fawck up na!!

Kai! Psalms sad sad
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Na Ivy dey invite d fawck up na!!

Kai! Psalms sad sad

Aren't you all here supposed to be adults? What happened to IGNORE? All that reads like primary school level idiocy . . . When I consider that it was all posted by adults raising children who are supposed to be the next group of mothers and leaders . . . **shudders***

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Idowuogbo(f): 6:11am On Sep 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Aren't you all here supposed to be adults? What happened to IGNORE? All that reads like primary school level idiocy . . . When I consider that it was all posted by adults raising children who are supposed to be the next group of mothers and leaders . . . **shudders***
Hmmmm....
I guess ur ignore button faulty rite?
I get u tho! wink

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2012
lastpage - in most cases ur right but in some cases the opposite is the case.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by nggold: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2012

If only we know "what the future will bring", l guess we will be more guarded in our actions and utterances!

Love has died, hearts are torn apart, hatred is replacing love, "fight-over" is replacing "sharing together", Soul-mates have suddenly become Adversaries!

Why dont people "step back" and take a deep breath, (even when they have been wronged, and they are in the right, Yes, you deserve to get angry) ......to try and realize that there is a "bad way" of "claiming your right"?

They make act out, pretend and experience some short-lived flash of relief (in case of abusive relationships) but at the end, in the long run, SORROW, REGRET, TEARS and EMPTINESS is all that is passed on, after the divorce.

Cant we just do everything possible, even beyond "possible", to create an understanding that would make marriage work?
Every broken marriage is a dream ruined! The dream of "two hearts that were beating as one"...as one before now!

This one broke down because they wanted children, another one where the @OP was deeply involved, broke down because of those same children!

Lastpage

in your own opinion, married couple are more happier than divorcees irrepspective of their reason(s) for the divorce. You have no idea. iam sure they (divorcess)must have confessed to you about their feelings for you to arrive at this assumption. You are too intelligent for this.

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 13, 2012

Lastpage

I'm really dissapointed in you for thinking this way!

Think about how many lives that would have been spared in the women were bold enough to walk away . . . but in a bid to try and make it owrk, they ended up dead. I bet those men abr busy pgocking other women now!

Life is too short to waste it being unhappy!

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by pm05337(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2012
@OP As I was thinking about ur post this morning, this verse dropped in my spirit for you- When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. (Isaiah 43:2 KJV)

It is well with u in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2012
Just ignore the post if your eyes are hurting, how difficult is that? It won't stop me from posting same things even worse tomorrow. I am not saving a reputation for my kids on this gawd forsaking site so get over it abeg, or jump off a cliff cool

I am so happy that old witch edited her post. People just cannot seem to get my name off their lips and fingers even when I ignore them. Frustrated old and wrinkled menopausal cow cool
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2012
pslm23:

Have you decided on what you want to do? Do you want things to work out between you two or you want to walk? Don't sign nothing until you are sure of where you "wanno" stand
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Busybody2(f): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dang, this blighted phone, I just lost the post as I was about to click the send button dammit. Well thank God it was only 1000 lines long angry
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^^ have you used the "back button"? You might find it
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Busy_body:
Dang, this blighted phone, I just lost the post as I was about to click the send button dammit. Well thank God it was only 1000 lines long angry

LMAO . . it happens to me A LOT!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

LMAO . . it happens to me A LOT!

What I do is select all and copy when I know I have typed a long one. That way even if I lose it, I won't have much to type anyways
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry:

What I do is select all and copy when I know I have typed a long one. That way even if I lose it, I won't have much to type anyways

Can I do that with my Nokia 300? I doubt! undecided

Why don't you sow that you phone into my life and God will favourably reward you wink grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

Why don't you sow that you phone into my life and God will favourably reward you wink grin

E no go work cool grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry:

E no go work cool grin

May God deliver you from the spirit of aka gum. IJN . . Amen! angry grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

May God deliver you from the spirit of aka gum. IJN . . Amen! angry grin

Amin grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Busybody2(f): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
chaircover: Debrief dear, you know me, I rarely get angry,

Someone is going through a divorce. At this time we dont even know if people around them are trying to reconcile them. We haven't heard the full story and this silly woman is calling someone else's husband "worse than the devil" Is that to make the woman happy or sad. She was married to the man for 10 years for goodness sakes.

I pointed it out to her very nicely and she went into a strop. Is she crazy or something. Me I am not looking for husband or boyfriend on NL o! so I am free to speak my mind. What did i say that warranted all that nonsense from her. This is not the first time she has done it but I have ignored her up to now.

What happened here is glaringly obvious except person wan sin and deny God. . .

From her NL narrative, Psalm23 has been married to her Husband over 10 years and although every marriage has its challenges, he has been her rock for 9 years until he had this "human moment" last year hence reason he should not be demonised. . . Hence reason I legged it when I saw this thread and the OP's username cos it threw me offtrack and I didn't know the appropriate things to say without offending the OP such as "you have to forgive your Hubby to let go, and to do this you have to remember his good sides and all those times he was beside you with his unwaivering support". . .

All Chaircover did was gently tap Aunty Ivynwa on the shoulder because there might still be a chance at reconciliation, but instead Nairaland's own finest resident Pity-Party-Planner Aunty Ivynwa launches a petulant strop viciously lashing out at Aunty Chaircover that Jenny and co is this, this and that, and stupendously alledging that CC supports them cos they are married and she is not, and then rubs CC's marriage certificate in your face, and you say this ain't her first time, wow, just wow. Aunty CC, may God reward your meekness is all I can say.

And Aunty Chaircover, stop being modest, you "never" get angry and I should know because I have in the past pushed your buttons about 2/3 times and used to think your username should be "doormat" and not "Chaircover" because whilst I was always screaming for women to divorce, you always preached reconciliation and you used to support men more than women (how I hated that) embarassed Took me a while to get the bigger picture and start seeing things from your own angle that in our society unfortunately, it is the Naija woman that has to do most of the hardwork involved in keeping families together and that these hurting posters really don't want to divorce but are here to cry out for help. . .

And from what I have read about divorce, it is not a walk in the park, whilst one party (usually the woman) is feeling like a failure, feeling lost, adrift, crushed, lonely due to loss of companionship, hurt pride, regrets, grieving for broken plan and dreams, feeling vengeful etc, the other party would start feeling happy for escaping the sex-starved, attention-starved, unavailable, too busy, too fixated wifey and happy and relieved that he finally dodged the bullet.

The truth though is that regardless of the false front the couple put up, it can't be easy for both parties who were once part of a couple, what happens when their favourite songs comes on the radio, what happens when you see their favourite food, film, how do you navigate life as a single person when you thought you were in your marriage together forever till eternity, how does the woman handle the change of name, what does it feel like coming to an empty home, how would they feel not having the same familiar arms hugging them, how do they deal with the sweet memories of times past. . .

Psalm23 you are a rare breed and a good person because it takes a lot to be selfless to agree to date, let alone marry someone who already has kids, you were here sometimes this year on a thread asking about adopting a baby from Nigeria so he could have a better chance in life, that thread had me on the edge of my seat and in tenterhooks because for some strange reasons everyone I know and have heard about waiting on the Lord always gets a breakthrough months after taking in another person's child, even temporarily. . . You should continue alongst that line, surround and immerse yourself in things you love, get a new hobby, enrol on some evening courses, volunteer, write, join a choir, start watching football, go on quiz nights, jazz clubs, comedy clubs, have girls night in and girls night out, get more involved in Church, get in some feel good DVDs, listen to uplifting music, let the tears fall freely, God will see you through, God knows your name, He sees every tears, just keep waiting on Him for He knows your beginning from the end, He always comes through, and as long as you have life you have hope.

4 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry:

Amin grin

grin grin
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
Busy_body:

What happened here is glaringly obvious except person wan sin and deny God. . .

From her NL narrative, Psalm23 has been married to her Husband over 10 years and although every marriage has its challenges, he has been her rock for 9 years until he had this "human moment" last year. . . Hence reason this thread threw me offtrack and I didn't know the appropriate things to say without offending the OP such as "you have to forgive your Hubby to let go, and to do this you have to remember his good sides and all those times he was beside you with his unwaivering support". . .

All Chaircover did was gently tap Aunty Ivynwa on the shoulder because there might still be a chance at reconciliation, but instead Nairaland's own finest resident Pity-Party-Planner Aunty Ivynwa launches a petulant strop viciously lashing out at Aunty Chaircover that Jenny and co is this, this and that, and stupendously alledging that CC supports them cos they are married and she is not, and then rubs CC's marriage certificate in your face, and you say this ain't her first time, wow, just wow. Aunty CC, may God reward your meekness is all I can say.

And Aunty Chaircover, stop being modest, you "never" get angry and I should know because I have in the past pushed your buttons about 2/3 times and used to think your username should be "doormat" and not "Chaircover" because whilst I was always screaming for women to divorce, you always preached reconciliation and you used to support men more than women (how I hated that) embarassed Took me a while to get the bigger picture and start seeing things from your own angle that in our society unfortunately, it is the Naija woman that has to do most of the hardwork involved in keeping families together and that these hurting posters really don't want to divorce but are here to cry out for help. . .

And from what I have read about divorce, it is not a walk in the park, whilst one party (usually the woman) is feeling like a failure, feeling lost, adrift, crushed, lonely due to loss of companionship, hurt pride, regrets, grieving for broken plan and dreams, feeling vengeful etc, the other party would start feeling happy for escaping the sex-starved, attention-starved, unavailable, too busy, too fixated wifey and happy and relieved that he finally dodged the bullet.

The truth though is that regardless of the false front the couple put up, it can't be easy for both parties who were once part of a couple, what happens when their favourite songs comes on the radio, what happens when you see their favourite food, film, how do you navigate life as a single person when you thought you were in your marriage together forever till eternity, how does the woman handle the change of name, what does it feel like coming to an empty home, how would they feel not having the same familiar arms hugging them, how do they deal with the sweet memories of times past. . .

Psalm23 you are a rare breed and a good person because it takes a lot to be selfless to agree to date, let alone marry someone who already has kids, you were here sometimes this year on a thread asking about adopting a baby from Nigeria so he could have a better chance in life, that thread had me on the edge of my seat and in tenterhooks because for some strange reasons everyone I know and have heard about waiting on the Lord always gets a breakthrough months after taking in another person's child, even temporarily. . . You should continue alongst that line, surround and immerse yourself in things you love, get a new hobby, enrol on some evening courses, volunteer, write, join a choir, start watching football, go on quiz nights, jazz clubs, comedy clubs, have girls night in and girls night out, get more involved in Church, get in some feel good DVDs, listen to uplifting music, let the tears fall freely, God will see you through, God knows your name, He sees every tears, just keep waiting on Him for He knows your beginning from the end, He always comes through, and as long as you have life you have hope.

Like . . .
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Busybody2(f): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

For that prayer to work, you need to be on your knees whilst saying it, trust me just have faith and try it again.

Barawo banza grin

jennykadry:

I always want to, but can't explain this laziness that takes over when I want to use the copy and paste button, lol.

jennykadry:

Have you decided on what you want to do? Do you want things to work out between you two or you want to walk? Don't sign nothing until you are sure of where you "wanno" stand

I so much wanted to ask this but didn't know how to frame it cos this was exactly what Mr/Mrs lastpage was asking and he/she is being ripped to shreds.

Is this it, is there a chance of forgiveness flickering somewhere?
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
Busy_body:

For that prayer to work, you need to be on your knees whilst saying it, trust me just have faith and try it again.

Barawo banza grin

I was about to shift my request to you and then this shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry

O ye spirit of aka gum lose your hold on these NLd sisters, looooooooooose your hold!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / Abandoned Child Rescued With A Polythene Bag Containing Her Clothes / Man Seeks Help To Locate Family Of Elderly Woman Found Roaming In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.