Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... (24058 Views)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
though at work, i think am gonna cry.

Just get close to God.
That's the only way you would come out of this!

And don't even think about it......................... ! Don't try it.

Just stay strong and stay with God!
It will be alrighty!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
gentlegg:

Well you guys are entitled to your opinion, but as far as am concerned, NO MARRIAGE IS IRREPARABLE. Believe it or not, Divorce is not a solution to any marital problem.

It is not an opinion. It is a fact. Divorce has it's advantages. Even though I am anti-Divorce, I concede that there are cases where it is better to be divorced than to subject oneself to a life of misery in the name of keeping a "family" together.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by r231(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It is not an opinion. It is a fact. Divorce has it's advantages. Even though I am anti-Divorce, I concede that there are cases where it is better to be divorced than to subject oneself to a life or misery in the name of keeping a "family" together.

True
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by heavensown: 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
So sorry to hear your story. I had to go back to the IVF thread to see what everyone was talking about and it is one of the most sincere and encouraging threads I have ever read and now to see divorce....

You have gone through so much pain and I can not imagine what you are going through. I pray that God gives you the grace and strength to overcome this. You will walk through fire and not be burned, you will walk through water and it will not overflow you. You will come out purified as gold as you go through the test of faith. His grace is more than sufficient. Accept my hugs....You will overcome

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by 2mch(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Can people stop derailing this woman's thread and focus on the topic? This is a serious issue, you can open a thread to determine who cheats more. This is not your stage, control yourself. SMH
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Sexxymom(f): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: You got over it the moment you signed the divorce papers.
i agree with u dear,its only a woman who doesnt knw her wot that will feel rejected when her man leaves. That is why no woman should subject herself to b a housewive. Sorry to say but life goes on. Ladies IT'S TIME WE ALL STOP MEN FROM PLAYING WITH OUR EMOTIONS.gudluck to her.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Beetle: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
This is painful, going through different treatment only to find out your man knew all the while he was on pills. Aye ma nika o( Some people can be very wicked).This is so sad because one treatment = 2/3 months set back. The numerous appointments to gear you up for treatment, the menopausal drugs, the injection every night, the numerous scans by the senior doctor with a junior doctor training by the side, the prodding by different doctors, the EC( the almighty anaesthetic), then the daily phone calls by the amazing embryologist ready to give the news of how many fertilised - the 2 cell, compact morula, blastocyst and all that news, the ET( the full bladder discomfort)and then the amazing two week wait and the tears and joy afterwards depending on the result of the test. The numerous BFNs before achieving a BFP and you're saying he knew he couldn't father a child because he was on the pills. Babes you're amazing!! I don't know what I'd do. I'll be shattered- in pieces and I'd be looking for a big shot lawyer because he'd be dead.

Infertility has made me stronger and I'm sure it's done the same to you babes. Look in the mirror and say to yourself that you're a strong woman and that this is your final BFN( set back). You've gone through the mills babes if you've gone through the above. What did you start doing after your last BFN? I'm sure you did the following, I usually do this anyways: start planning another treatment, looking at options available to you. Thinking about possibly changing doctors. Babes now start thinking about how you can achieve that eluded BFP(moving on)

YOU CAN DO IT!! YES YOU CAN!

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by vanitty: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
It is well with your soul.
Surround yourself with people that love you. Take each day as it comes. Ignore negativity and put me downs.
If you are a christian, just take it all to God. There is peace guaranteed with God.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
gentlegg: Sorry dear, it's unfortunate you've already missed the best advice i have for you; DO NOT DIVORCE.

People think that divorce is solution to marital problems, but i swear, Divorce is a greater problem itself than your marital problem. If you can't endure your 1st love, honestly I doubt if you can endure your 2nd love.

I beg to disagree. I have followed Sister Pslm's other thread, and read between the lines. Her decision to get a divorce wouldn't have been made lightly. Staying married in the circumstances she found herself in would be unhealthy. Your attitude here is one of the reasons there are lots of unhappy marriages. Staying in such a relationship is damaging, and no less a failed marriage than if you upped and left.

I'm not a woman, but I've been there, my decision to get a divorce was one of the sanest choices I ever made. Sister Pslm, just like there's no parenting manual, manual telling you how to handle grief and hurt, there's no manual that tells you how to cope with divorce. You take each day as it comes, and in time, you'll heal. You'll learn to love yourself, and the hurt and recriminations will fade. I followed your other thread, and you're a truly remarkable woman, many would have buckled under the strain, but not you, the sterner stuff you're made of will see you through.

Take heart, I know deep down you'll be fine. Think of this as the beginning of the rest of your life. smiley
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sexxymom: i agree with u dear,its only a woman who doesnt knw her wot that will feel rejected when her man leaves. That is why no woman should subject herself to b a housewive. Sorry to say but life goes on. Ladies IT'S TIME WE ALL STOP MEN FROM PLAYING WITH OUR EMOTIONS.gudluck to her.

The above is insensitive and not grounded in reality.

No matter how pompous, filled-with-self, confident you are, as long as you are human, REJECTION hits you about the same way it hits others. Only we all deal with it in different ways. Rejection knows no gender.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
I will never understand why some people here think it's okay to be mean to people who are hurting simply because this is an anonymous forum ? Kicking a woman when she's down is funny to you ?
Shame on you. You are bloody weakling.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Metalgoong(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
naijababe:

I will never understand why some people here think it's okay to be mean to people who are hurting simply because this is an anonymous forum ? Kicking a woman when she's down is funny to you ?
Shame on you. You are bloody weakling.

A Weakling?? lol grin grin grin . . Is that the only noun you can use to describe me. I can suggest more for you if you need help with that. Bozo!!

I have no iota of sympathy for wicked women like the poster!! . . . . She thought she will have a happy home after helping to destroy another man's home.
Both of you shld lick my azz!!!

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by PastorOla1: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
A CLOSER WALK WITH JESUS WILL DO.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by MrsChima1(f): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
gentlegg:

Well you guys are entitled to your opinion, but as far as am concerned, NO MARRIAGE IS IRREPARABLE. Believe it or not, Divorce is not a solution to any marital problem.

[size=33pt]The fucking statement of the century![/size]! grin grin grin grin grin

I guess it is easy for a woman to trust a motherfucca that gave her the deadly disease and live happily ever after! Wow! I feel sorry for ANY CHICK that settle for a mentality like that!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by MrsChima1(f): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
Metalgoong:

@Poster

Are you not the same woman who wants her friend to divorce her husband because her husband insisted to send their child to Nigeria? Based on what you wrote on that thread, I can remember the evil role you were playing in that family's marital problem . . . Are you not the same woman who wrote on the same thread how American men/husbands are better and more flexible than Nigerian men? . . Well, my advice for you is to go kiss a high voltage transformer, or better still hang on to your American husband. grin grin grin grin

Evil woman!

[size=44pt]Another statement of the century![/size] grin grin grin grin

What the Bleep does the nationality of the man have to do with filth and demonic If we are going to stereotype someone let say that she picked the lesser of two evils.....but I am not going to go there because it would surely set some shit off!

She would have been much better being alone if she had to two between bullshit one and bullshit two.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by MrsChima1(f): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
r231:

True

You stood me up. cry cry cry cry
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by chantebas(f): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
Its Simple,u r gonna get wats coming for @ metalgoong and I pray it hits you right in d face and not ur behind!how dare u judge some1 else are u perfect,are u without sin,u r so sick, jst get off dis thread already!

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by sigmundfreud(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sexxymom: i agree with u dear,its only a woman who doesnt knw her wot that will feel rejected when her man leaves. That is why no woman should subject herself to b a housewive. Sorry to say but life goes on. Ladies IT'S TIME WE ALL STOP MEN FROM PLAYING WITH OUR EMOTIONS.gudluck to her.
Are u really married or u are just playing a role?! There is an emotional investment/involvement...even with my dog!
U can feel all the worth you want but when u are emotionally involved...u feel it. And if u dont...u never had it!
Some will call it love...but losing that feeling/trust/closeness/bond/companionship is equivalent to a death. The least u can do is mourn.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Metalgoong(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
chante bas:

Its Simple,u r gonna get wats coming for @ metalgoong and I pray it hits you right in d face and not ur behind!how dare u judge some1 else are u perfect,are u without sin,u r so sick, jst get off dis thread already!

You better repent if you are as wicked and heartless as the poster, or else, you stand a chance of experiencing what she is going through now.

[size=18pt]Azonto Mode activated [/size]. . . . Evil that human wish for others now live with them, no more with their children. This woman was proud of playing a role in sending her friend's husband to jail. Instead of helping to put off a fire in her friend's home, she chose to add more gas to the fire.

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by mrrock: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
What did you do to your Ex?. You can't tell me you're a saint. If your Ex happen to be here and people get to hear his own side of the story people will change their views of you. Again, what did you do to your Ex?. You need to get to him and resolve your issues. My Mom and Dad divorced 3 times and each time they found a way to resolve their issues.

What did you do to your Ex?

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by ipio(f): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
@ poster, am really sorry 2 hear dis,I just pray dat God will help u get past dis & heal u, am really sad, cant even tink straight, its well wit u Dear.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Are u really married or u are just playing a role?! [size=14pt]There is an emotional investment/involvement...even with my dog![/size]
U can feel all the worth you want but when u are emotionally involved...u feel it. And if u dont...u never had it!
Some will call it love...but losing that feeling/trust/closeness/bond/companionship is equivalent to a death. The least u can do is mourn.

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
mrrock: What did you do to your Ex?. You can't tell me you're a saint. If your Ex happen to be here and people get to hear his own side of the story people will change their views of you. Again, what did you do to your Ex?. You need to get to him and resolve your issues. My Mom and Dad divorced 3 times and each time they found a way to resolve their issues.

What did you do to your Ex?

You mean what did she do to her ex for him to cheat on her? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by agiboma(f): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
@ op i have followed your IVF thread and have commented a few times on it. Was really hoping your bundle of joy would come soonest. Like db said take your time. Life will move on and all will be well in time. Take care ((hugs))

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? / Whose Name Should Be Put On documents of Properties Acquired By Married Couples? / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.