Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours (25459 Views)

National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Gakin95: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
A̶̲̥̅♏ sure he would have bin regrettin it by now
Well God will honour him,his reward is in heaven
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
i wonder who made bishop onaga a philantropist. That bishop is a very wrong definition of the catholic clergy for accepting an ill concieved award from a disorganized government
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Racing(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
Will conferring them with this awards make them impact positively on the lives of the average Nigerian people if i may ask?I've not seen a country that loves titles and awards more than we Nigerians.Imagine if this kind of efforts and publicity is geared towards programmes and policies that will better the lives of the poor the country would have been going places by now.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by WinkWrld: 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
IF BOKO's blows these guys, and the other invited guests, then Nigeria will become good again. grin grin grin grin
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by sirp2007: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
l wonder y KABIR SOKOTO, IBORI AND CLIFFORD ORJI were nt on this list.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by cosmatika(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2012
don33310: You beat me to it,i was about saying the same thing,Uduaghan and Elechi are the WORST performing governors.
dey re 2nd worst. Nobody is contesting worst wit T.A Orji
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Cleverley(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Where is my name? I can't find it o o, perhaps it is in second list i guess.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by ashleybaker: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
I did not see Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola's name on the list.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by ariy(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
only 8% deserve it
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Ukeme453: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Wen wil Nigeria Leaders consider d masses on dey plan. Every tins FG embark on alway favour d rich n pples in power. God pls, Help Nigeria. dis is our only country we hv. Change our leaders idealogy n concept 2 favour man on d street, amen.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Una be fool: shocked What a co- incidence. shocked shocked shocked My dad is on the list tongue
Mr. Fool?
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Necsy: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
omicron: Uduaghan and Elechi shouldn't have been on that List, not when they are arguably the two worst performing governors down south.
mayb u've 4gottn d full meanin of PDP. P people, D deciev, P people.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by sweetgala(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why is Wale Adenuga receiving GCON rather high for a business man who's practises can be called to question, and who has been previously accused corruption and done nothing substantially greater than providing a few hundred to thousand jobs. We have former military general who have served this nation home and abroad and dedicated their lives. I might not like Ojukwu much but he could have been honoured with such Muritala Mohammed died while serving this country why can't legacy be honoured.
Is it rather odd that only wealth business men and benefactors of GEJ receiving such high honour reserved for the vice commander in chief of our nation.

I say without remorse GEJ IS A FOOL. beaf and co can come defend him vain.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Weirdone(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
Alhajis, Engineers, HRH, Hajias, Drs, Proffs, Senetors, Honorables... Guess no ordinary Nigerian deserves to be honored...
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by timilehing(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
Where did u get that list? My name is missin
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by JOSH0071: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin grin
afam4eva:
lmao cheesy
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Tidyman: 12:29am On Sep 12, 2012
Where is the name of the taxi man who returned 18 million to the owner
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by ubikings: 6:01am On Sep 12, 2012
Congratulations Sir!!! His Excellency, Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan, on your recent bestowed CON award.

Your developmental strides in terms of transportation, water, education, energy, agriculture, sports and also the height of all Peace and Security in the Niger Delta towards the smooth initiative of Amnesty to our freedom fighters in the creek which has brought numerous growth and development to our dear Nigerian State in terms of oil exploration and increase in power generation. Also as one of the leading governors that have taken the issue of climate change and the environment as one of his major priorities in governance.
We pray for the grace and strength to do more and move Delta State to a state of eldorado where the finger of God reigns.

Comrade Kingsley Ubiebi
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by chillbabe(f): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2012
Out of the 149 ppl on the list if I counted correct only 10 women? Nigeria has a long way to go or is it that the women in this country don't steal that much.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by secnelly: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2012
How come ma Name isnt there?
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by baslone: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2012
here is a belief that seems to be widely held by many Nigerians that the National Honours award has lost its desired dignity. Did you know that in 48 years, Nigeria has given out 3, 924 National Honours awards while the US has given just 105 in the past 100 years? The view that the National Honours award has lost its desired dignity was shared by Reuben Abati in a 2010 article before he joined the Jonathan government. In the article, he wrote: ‘If anyone is looking for a list of those who have damaged Nigeria in the last 50 years, the place to begin the search is the National Honours List.’ It is highly instructive to note that this same Abati was the one who doctored the Jonathan administration’s reaction to Achebe’s rejection of the award wherein the revered author was vilified simply because he didn’t want his name to be included in the list of ‘those who have damaged Nigeria in the last 50 years!’ Time, indeed, changes yesterday.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by wisestfool: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2012
Imeh Usuah, should also be included in list, He returned N18 million,
Who among these people can do such a wonderful job, instead dey go chop our nation's treasures
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Pgent1(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2012
I thought dem say dem go give uncle mikel obi national honour 4 winning champs lge with chelsea,am surprised by not seeing his name on the list abi him no get needed connection 2 make d list?
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Reptyle(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2012
omicron: Uduaghan and Elechi shouldn't have been on that List, not when they are arguably the two worst performing governors down south.

Yeah...especially when the likes of Fashola, Akpabio and Amaechi, arguably the best performing governors, are not on the list. Strange times we are in.. sad
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by Reptyle(m): 11:25am On Sep 12, 2012
Well, thank God Dame Jonathan's name isn't there. I must say it was a pleasant surprise seeing how the woman covets positions and awards... grin
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by DELTABOY1: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2012
Uduaghan deserve that award for bringing peace to delta. I was afraid for him when i heard he was going to creek to meet wt militant. He came back safely and there is peace in d land
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by mbulela: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
78)AVM. TOMBOIYI Joystick IRUENABERE NIG. AIR FORCE (AIR VICE MARSHAL) (OON)

Is this a joke or what? seems this filter no dey respect person o?
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by indmix: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
My grudge is: why are this people too greedy. Some of them ђά̲̣̣vέ already been bestowed with national honours. Why do you ђά̲̣̣vέ to upgrade? Why are we so obsessed with titles and prefixes? What really is the difference between OON and GCON? We cannot continue dishing out titles in the name of awards and the economy is comatose. How has the award translated to general improvement in the standard of life of Nigerians. Why is it that the award is only meant for those who ђά̲̣̣vέ been there? The govt really needs to get down to brass tacks and fix the looming problems plaguing the country and stop this charade that's geared towards placating a particular group.
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by debow: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why are they afraid of giving Governor Fashola of Lagos state?
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by kim77: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
No Surprise!!!!. Government with people of questionable charcters in his cabinet need not do better...
Re: List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours by HumbleServant(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why is FASHIOLA & OSHIOMOLE not on d award list? The award is party based.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga / Ask Atiku Any Question Using This App / Abiola Ajimobi and Wife, Florence (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.