Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878913 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Juwonesho(f): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Good day evry1 o and thank you to our docs for d selfless, great job u'r doing on here. May God continue to bless all that u do. Pls I urgently need ur help o, where can I get INSTEAD softcup(menstrual cup) in Abuja and if u have an idea of the price? I'd rily appreciate d info;its really urgent. Thanks vry much in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fifioluomo: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hi lucky G, good work. May God bless ur effort. Pls can u send me ur email add, I want to discuss something with you. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by everfaithfulGod(f): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Weldone doctors. Please I need interpretation to my results.

TSH - 1.2 mIU/L. ref range is 0.270 -4.20

Random blood sugar-74 mg/dl ref range is less than equal to 140

M/c/s - culture yielded heavy growth of streptococcus spp.

I've been having recurrent miscariages and all happened to be blighted ovum. My gynea just subjected me to this test and came out this way. I need interpretation to the results bcs he won't tell me .
Thank you so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pls she how much does homonal assay cosy n wen shld one go for it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 10, 2014
Bograd83: amen o tnx a million. Pls, wheneva l take drugs l feel it in my ears as if water enta dem it just started yestaday again as l take folic acid n even today. I do feel like these few month ago wheneva l take vitc,folate,n vit b but it stop when l stop taking d drugs. Pls wats ur advice.

Did you at first observe this with drugs? Or it started sometimes when you wake up from your sleep and when you drink water or swallow your saliva,inside your ear it hits as a drum-like sound: GBUM! GBUM!?

2)Are you sure this problem only comes up when you are with the use of the vitamins?

3)Any fluid running down the outlet of your ear?

4)when you talk,do you observe a background sound in your ear(s)?

There has been no serious medical condition with the use of vitamins except for their deficiency.May be you indulge in the use of the vitamins excessively.HYPERVITAMINOSIS as no cleared effect negatively on humans for almost all the vitamins except for RETINOL(vit A) and CALCITRIOL(vit D).But in medicine anything can happen,things are newer everyday with modern findings.While not ease yourself abit with these vitamins,stopping these vitamins for a time being does not mean their effect just stop immediately as well.May be you are taking too much for the sake of FOLLICULOGENESIS or a sure making of a DORMINANT OOCYTE.Don't worry,stopping the vitamins atleast for some 1 or 2weeks does not mean all will fail.

If this happens with normal swallowing or it follows with ache in the throat or scratching of the throat.The best i advice i think you need is to visit the clinical for a proper check.It may be needful to check the whole ear and a connection to the throat(PHARYNX).It is not a big problem and some with serious mindedness on your own delay activities,you may come to realise they are not there anymore.

It sunday.....please pray for ME.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2014
britnex: Pls she how much does homonal assay cosy n wen shld one go for it
Price differ with places and even with health centres.Good health centre charges alot.But there is a central tendency that atleast you can do most some profiling with the round of 14k-12k.

N.B-this is not a guaranttee that all the hormones will be done for you because the more the hormone you want them to profile for you the more the billings.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2014
fifioluomo: Hi lucky G, good work. May God bless ur effort. Pls can u send me ur email add, I want to discuss something with you. Thanks

You may use this email(ogedegbegabriel@gmail.com),i dn't check much on the mailbox.Anyway for your sake i will from now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2014
everfaithfulGod: Weldone doctors. Please I need interpretation to my results.

TSH - 1.2 mIU/L. ref range is 0.270 -4.20

Random blood sugar-74 mg/dl ref range is less than equal to 140

M/c/s - culture yielded heavy growth of streptococcus spp.

I've been having recurrent miscariages and all happened to be blighted ovum. My gynea just subjected me to this test and came out this way. I need interpretation to the results bcs he won't tell me .
Thank you so much

I cant tell or prognosticate any problem with either HYPERTHYROIDISM or HYPOTHYROIDISM just with only your TSH although the TSH is normal when assayed.Your blood sugar(GLUCOSE) is also normal as well.

Know this,STREPTOCOCCUS SPP has nothing related to BLIGHTED OVUM.BLIGHTED OVUM is known as being consequential with CHROMOSOME ANOMALLY.Streptococcal disease in pregnancy is involve as a VERTICAL TRANSMITTED DISEASE(VTD) may cause problems like PNEUMONIA for the baby but not blighted ovum or a serious problem.As for miscarriage,it is rare.

Blighted Ovum is all about a fault with the chromosome.It is not your fault,not your husband and nor of the doctor.Don't hurry into having a new pregnancy whenever you encounter blighted ovum.If it is a matter of chromosome,one may be quick to think,does this have route with the chromose of the egg and sperms? It is just a matter of thought,once you encounter this problem wait for the elapse of 5-6 cycle of your menstrual period before planning another one.This is to allow any defective egg(s) around to be use for your flow;during these time of your not seeking pregnancy,the seminal fluid of the man during ejaculation should always be spewed out.After the pass of the 5-6 cycles,you can start planning another.

If you think you can't do all this,you and your spouse are advised to do the KARYOTYPE of your EGG and his SPERMATOZOON.I think this will cost you a great fortune to do in that it is rare and the available trained agents are few.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
LuckyG1:

Did you at first observe this with drugs? Or it started sometimes when you wake up from your sleep and when you drink water or swallow your saliva,inside your ear it hits as a drum-like sound: GBUM! GBUM!?

2)Are you sure this problem only comes up when you are with the use of the vitamins?

3)Any fluid running down the outlet of your ear?

4)when you talk,do you observe a background sound in your ear(s)?

There has been no serious medical condition with the use of vitamins except for their deficiency.May be you indulge in the use of the vitamins excessively.HYPERVITAMINOSIS as no cleared effect negatively on humans for almost all the vitamins except for RETINOL(vit A) and CALCITRIOL(vit D).But in medicine anything can happen,things are newer everyday with modern findings.While not ease yourself abit with these vitamins,stopping these vitamins for a time being does not mean their effect just stop immediately as well.May be you are taking too much for the sake of FOLLICULOGENESIS or a sure making of a DORMINANT OOCYTE.Don't worry,stopping the vitamins atleast for some 1 or 2weeks does not mean all will fail.

If this happens with normal swallowing or it follows with ache in the throat or scratching of the throat.The best i advice i think you need is to visit the clinical for a proper check.It may be needful to check the whole ear and a connection to the throat(PHARYNX).It is not a big problem and some with serious mindedness on your own delay activities,you may come to realise they are not there anymore.

It sunday.....please pray for ME.
l really apriciate ur contributn to others success.may God richly bless u. Its only when l took drugs n it also av effect in my eyes den b4 l stop taking drugs. D rest questns is no. I startd taking folic again last mnth n l just observed it few days ago l have stop taking now, isnt sound gbam gbam no fluid running just dnt know ao to say it besides l started feeling stomach cramp since sat l dnt know if its normal since l'm nt sure of mysef yet but just hoping in God.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by everblossom: 6:36am On Aug 11, 2014
Good morning Drs in d hows. This is a great forum you have here. I want to be a part of you. I hope i am welcomed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Greenfriend: 8:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Sorry all, I have had a hectic time pursuing other goals since we doctors went on strike. U can always reach me FASTER on my Whatsapp: 08034053406 or my Facebook: EVERGREEN CHINEDUM UBOCHI. I will always try 2 be available
LuckyG1, U KNOW U ARE NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR. Pls try and stop all these 'copy and paste'. It's so evident that U lack CLINICAL PROFICIENCY & PRECISION. That's what U acquire with learning and time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Greenfriend,
All i know is that i know nothing.It is nothing of me to hold bones with you on your proficiency on clinical bases.I am a dullard before you,i will do myself a great favour if i stay flanked by you to learn amicably from the master.

If i make any wrong in any of my write up,do tell me and i shall learn from you and if you think i do COPY or PLAGIARISE anyman's work and softly PASTE it here,for the better of us all-do post the SOURCE or BLOG or whatever you feel i am using.

It long time and now you are back-

WELCOME.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Greenfriend: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
LuckyG1:
I am truly sorry Dear if I came hard on U. Wish I sent it as a private message. Trust me, it's nothing personal. I just wanna enforce standardization and ensure quality control.
everblossom:
U are always welcome, my Dear. Feel free 2 contact me 4 info or on any query
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Greenfield,i don't feel bothered about that.Hope everything is okay with you as with life and others.

I greet all the madams in here and the TTC'S thread.

It is well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kindy: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dear Doctors,
Greetings to you all! Please can you advice my relative(Man) on this fertility test below, I know its not Gynae related, he also did scrotal scan which came out normal. His Doctor says he cannot recomment any treatment, only option is IVF, they've been TTC for 2years.

LH 16.4miu/ml (1.2-9),FSH 14.9miu/ml (1.0-14.0),PROLACTIN 20.9ng/ml (3.0-14.7),TESTOSTERONE 2.9ng/ml (3.0-10).

Thank you!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowbabies: 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello doc, pls I need information on pre-seed?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2014
wowbabies: Hello doc, pls I need information on pre-seed?

Buying the PRE-SEED pack is also given the written instruction on what it is and how to use on what condition.

PRE-SEED is a VAGINAL LUBRICANT product.It is use on the indication of vaginal dryness or cases with infertility where the woman experience too dried or excess but thick vaginal exudations.

Often time,it is use by women due to it sperm-friendliness.This duely means such product may necessarily be able to cause the endocervical discharges to be less thick and allow easy movement of the sperm across the cervixes with less stress.

Before the use of this lubricant one is advice to see a doctor as well to read both indications and contraindications.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Kindy: Dear Doctors,
Greetings to you all! Please can you advice my relative(Man) on this fertility test below, I know its not Gynae related, he also did scrotal scan which came out normal. His Doctor says he cannot recomment any treatment, only option is IVF, they've been TTC for 2years.

LH 16.4miu/ml (1.2-9),FSH 14.9miu/ml (1.0-14.0),PROLACTIN 20.9ng/ml (3.0-14.7),TESTOSTERONE 2.9ng/ml (3.0-10).

Thank you!

Madam,one thing is very important here.......

We have to know the age or the age range of the man...

Or,if it may be good for you using ranges as written next to the average values.Then

1)LH is slightly high

2)FSH is normal

3)PROLACTIN is abit high

4)TESTOSTERONE is normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowbabies: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2014
@luckyG1 thanks for the info.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kindy: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
LuckyG1:

Madam,one thing is very important here.......

We have to know the age or the age range of the man...

Or,if it may be good for you using ranges as written next to the average values.Then

1)LH is slightly high

2)FSH is normal

3)PROLACTIN is abit high

4)TESTOSTERONE is normal.

Thank you Dr for responding, he is 39 years, his wife is 32years.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2014
Kindy:

Thank you Dr for responding, he is 39 years, his wife is 32years.

Okay,the above range for the TESTOSTERONE is for men <50.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamud3: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Hi doctor, my wife is having bilateral ovarian cyst and she is going to have a surgery by next week, my question is that what are the consequence and is she going to conceive after the surgery?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by neni83: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hi everyone,I am new here.
Have had 2 miscarriages in a space of bout 7-8 months...d first at bout 14wks,d second Jst last mnth.my obgyn says miscarriages happen and can't see anythng wrong with me,is dis normal and is anybody in d house goin thru dis.
Secondly,Jst finished my Mc,how soon can I start trying to conceive.
Thanks alot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by funkyreal: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Doc, am 27 weeks gone in my pregnancy, my PCV is killing me @ 25-26%, pls wat can i be taking to boost my blood level.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
mamud3: Hi doctor, my wife is having bilateral ovarian cyst and she is going to have a surgery by next week, my question is that what are the consequence and is she going to conceive after the surgery?

After an ovarian cyst removal(CYSTECTOMY) hopes are usually high,she can always be pregnant so long as the bilateral ovaries are not removed(OOPHORECTOMY).However,some medical doctors may comprehend the fact that her menstrual cycle should be regulated,this may require the prescription of HORMONAL CONTRACEPTIVE to delay her ovulation.This is meant to arrest follicles around the previous cyst to die off or possibly shrink.This delay is also good for her wellbeing.After that she should be advice to start planning pregnancy on a doctor advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
neni83: Hi everyone,I am new here.
Have had 2 miscarriages in a space of bout 7-8 months...d first at bout 14wks,d second Jst last mnth.my obgyn says miscarriages happen and can't see anythng wrong with me,is dis normal and is anybody in d house goin thru dis.
Secondly,Jst finished my Mc,how soon can I start trying to conceive.
Thanks alot

After some series of abortion,you not to jump into planning conception in a hurry.Allowing some months to pass before planning another one is a matter of experience that works.It is true that some miscarriage may have no cause(i.e. IDIOPATHIC) and it is also normal.

You should be reading enough of such complaints either in this thread or in any of the TTCs'.

As i always do,I don't usually advice women to start putting up for another pregnancy soon after its loss this is because the certainty that the one soon next to come may follow same form of loss.It is adviceable that after a preggy loss,conception should be planned after the elapse of 4-5 cycles.This will give room for balancing of the hormones and general wellbeing of the uterus and the body in whole.

While this is own,you should be following up with the sabi mothers and fathers in the TTCs' or any around you.Avoid any substance that could be fatal to the pregnancy-to-be.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
funkyreal: Doc, am 27 weeks gone in my pregnancy, my PCV is killing me @ 25-26%, pls wat can i be taking to boost my blood level.

This question should rather be answered by the OBS handling your pregnancy.Well,the haematocrit or pcv percentage is not rough,it only shows you may be apprehended by any anemic condition.What about RBC counts and your ESR?

Do you have vaginal bleeding? Do you think you have any of febrilitic(fever) conditions,may be malaria? Do you maintain your pregnancy with the assisted vitamins(Vitamin-B12 and Folic acid) as recommended by the doctor? Do you take in fruits or eat properly as you should? Before pregnancy,do you have bone marrow disorder?

DIET: You are advice to eat the following as they may help increase your PCV and reduce your ESR(if at all high): Beans,legumes,white bread,fish,eggs,cereals,apricots and others.

This does not undermine the fact your OBS should be visited.On your next appointment,ask him this very question,he may need to give you therapies of such as:

1)Oral iron
2)200mg or below Iron sulphate
3)Iron dextran
4)or any category-A blood tonic for pregnancy women.

N/B: Visit a doctor!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Helo Doc, is it true dat bitter leaf can cause miscary cos l ate it yestday and l ovulated last friday n want to believe l shd be preg dis cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 29, 2014
Bograd83: Helo Doc, is it true dat bitter leaf can cause miscary cos l ate it yestday and l ovulated last friday n want to believe l shd be preg dis cycle.

Not true.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by IJEOMA7512(f): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Greetings to all doctors in the house, ple i want explanation for this my E-Rey result. the uterine cavity opacified and appeared bulky but no filling defect seen. The right tube opacified and showed a lot of coiling and beading with possible scanty reflux of contrast into the pelvic cavity. The left tube did not opacify. Ozings of contrast from the isthmus of the left tube into the pelvic cavity noted.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello doctor,pls what is d side effects of xasten dexamethasone tablets.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by taiwolawal13: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
good post

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.