Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879789 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeaify: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello all! Doc please I have an issue I was. Diagnosed with bilateral hydrosalphinx in my last hsg. Please what are my chances of conception? And what is the best procedure for the treatment?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by IJEOMA7512(f): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
greetins to all the doctors in the house, pls i need explanation of this my X-Ray result. the uterine cavity opacified and appeard bulky but no filling defect seen. The right tube opacified and showed a lot of coiling and beading with possible scanty reflux of contrast into the pelvic cavity. The left tube didnot opacify. Ozins of contrast from the isthmins of the left tube into the pelvic cavity noted.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Perpetual459: Hello doctor,pls what is d side effects of xasten dexamethasone tablets.

You may meet with a pharmacist to tell you all about it or get a pack of it,then read althrough the leaflet for indications/contraindications and effects.

It is not adviceable to use Dexamethasone for weight gain!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2014
ijeaify: Hello all! Doc please I have an issue I was. Diagnosed with bilateral hydrosalphinx in my last hsg. Please what are my chances of conception? And what is the best procedure for the treatment?

The chances of conception defends on the severity of the bilateral hydrosalpinges of the tubes.Chance may be extremely infinestimial for a case of tubal occlusion(blockage) render by the fluids.What kind of fluid to say? Could it be ordinary peritoneal fluids,pus or blood?

Was there any implication that your tubes are blocked although there is fluid on it? Were you also checked for P.I.D?

The fluid might result from pelvic inflammatory disease brought by assymptomatic Chlamydia Trachomatis or Neisseriae Gonorrhoea colonies or any form of polymicrobial infection which is also associated with SALPINGITIS(inflammation of the tubes)

So,do treat yourself for P.I.D before a final occlusion,and if occluded,you may write back to us for us to know what to advice you on.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debbie(f): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good day doc,please i have a question.while i was pregnant,i was diagnosed of ovarian cyst and was operated upon in June...which was roughly three months into the pregnancy.After which i went for another scan and it showed the baby is doing well.Now i will be due to deliver in November ending but my doctor said the only way i can do that is through CS,that i can not push the baby considering the surgery..I want to know why? because i dont wish to go through the knife again....so worried
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ciscaos(f): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
pls,i have a problem, for the past 4 months i have been seeing my period in 2 days instead of the normal 3 days i ought to see it. at first i thought it was stress because i was actually busy during this months, but now i am stress free i still saw it in two days a month. pls is this normal?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2014
debbie: Good day doc,please i have a question.while i was pregnant,i was diagnosed of ovarian cyst and was operated upon in June...which was roughly three months into the pregnancy.After which i went for another scan and it showed the baby is doing well.Now i will be due to deliver in November ending but my doctor said the only way i can do that is through CS,that i can not push the baby considering the surgery..I want to know why? because i dont wish to go through the knife again....so worried

He has already told you the reason.Read your post and you shall discover it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2014
ciscaos: pls,i have a problem, for the past 4 months i have been seeing my period in 2 days instead of the normal 3 days i ought to see it. at first i thought it was stress because i was actually busy during this months, but now i am stress free i still saw it in two days a month. pls is this normal?

Normal flow interval is 2-8days.Any below or above this range may show a reproductive problem.It is only a ideal female robot that should have a constant menstrual flow interval,not a procreative female being.Your flow interval can change because of so many factors,if it is not stress,it may be diet,if it is not diet,it could be medication,it is not medication,it could idiopathic challenges with the hormones causing the cycles and what have you.

Except you got other menstrual challenges a two-day menstrual flow is not enough to tell you got a reproductive problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeaify: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=LuckyG1]
The chances of conception defends on the severity of the bilateral hydrosalpinges of the tubes.Chance may be extremely infinestimial for a case of tubal occlusion(blockage) render by the fluids.What kind of fluid to say? Could it be ordinary peritoneal fluids,pus or blood?
Was there any implication that your tubes are blocked although there is fluid on it? Were you also checked for P.I.D?
The fluid might result from pelvic inflammatory disease brought by assymptomatic Chlamydia Trachomatis or Neisseriae Gonorrhoea colonies or any form of polymicrobial infection which is also associated with SALPINGITIS(inflammation of the tubes)
So,do treat yourself for P.I.D before a final occlusion,and if occluded,you may write back to us for us to know what to advice you on.[/quote.

Hello doc my tubes are patent my gynae feels dey may not be healthy enough for the fimbria to pick eggs cos of I have a history of
abdominal koch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Doc...am having a severe pain down my waist for some days now, I can't bend down and whenever I sit down it seems to be worst...i can't remember doing any hard labor.plz what could be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
LuckyG1:

You may meet with a pharmacist to tell you all about it or get a pack of it,then read althrough the leaflet for indications/contraindications and effects.

It is not adviceable to use Dexamethasone for weight gain!
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ijeaify,

Am sorry,i don't understand what an Abdominal Koch is......

Please explain better...

I know of...

1)Kocher's manoeuvre

2)Kocher's incision

3)Koch's bacillus

I need you to explain the quoted,''Abdominal koch'' or rather bring me to remembrance on it.

Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
enkay27: Doc...am having a severe pain down my waist for some days now, I can't bend down and whenever I sit down it seems to be worst...i can't remember doing any hard labor.plz what could be the cause?

Causes of waistpain formerly assumed in name as COXALGIA may varies with normal body function(physiologic) or abnormal(pathologic) and your lifestyle can add to it.

How old are you? Do you stand or sit all day?When has this problem being? Has it been more than 4-6months? Is the pain sharp,contrasting,pointing or mild? Does this pain relieve with exercise? Does it reduce after observing your menstruation? Have you done a check for P.I.D?
What about a check on your pelvic bodies?

You are advice to see doctor to check you properly for all cases with CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN(C.P.P) and PELVIC CONGESTION SYNDROME(PCS).

There are other minor cases too involving problems with your Vertebra column,muscles and nerves.These are for unusual case.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeaify: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
LuckyG1: Ijeaify,

Am sorry,i don't understand what an Abdominal Koch is......

Please explain better...

I know of...

1)Kocher's manoeuvre

2)Kocher's incision

3)Koch's bacillus

I need you to explain the quoted,''Abdominal koch'' or rather bring me to remembrance on it.

Thanks!

Abdominal Koch is also known as abdominal tuberculosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mocreations(f): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2014
Doc, I'm not married and haven't had sex before. I experienced discharge from both nipple and was diagnosed of high prolactin. Bromocryptine was prescribed. I used for about a month and stopped it 'cos It had a lot of side effect on me. After stopping the drug, the nipple discharge stopped. I have never experienced it after then. This is over a year now. Could my prolactin level be normal now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Greenfriend: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mocreations:
Would like 2 know the dosage U were on. Personally, I start my patients on 1.25mg twice a day and when they have tolerated it well (no side effects but the discharge persists), I step up to 2.5mg twice a day. Ewedu soup (without Potash) is famous for normalizing Prolactin levels. U can do a Prolactin assay (measurement) and if it is less than 29ng/ml, Congrats!!!
LuckyG1:
How U buddie? Long time. I am off-duty from the hospital this weekend. Let's relate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2014
Greenfriend:
Would like 2 know the dosage U were on. Personally, I start my patients on 1.25mg twice a day and when they have tolerated it well (no side effects but the discharge persists), I step up to 2.5mg twice a day. Ewedu soup (without Potash) is famous for normalizing Prolactin levels. U can do a Prolactin assay (measurement) and if it is less than 29ng/ml, Congrats!!!

How U buddie? Long time. I am off-duty from the hospital this weekend. Let's relate

Bro! Am doing great.Longtime,how clinic things?

And,how the family? I hope all is fine.I know it not easy,but by God's grace it is well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2014
ijeaify:

Abdominal Koch is also known as abdominal tuberculosis.

First of all,i would want you to overlook my play of ignorant,it is sometime required to act like that.

I would advice you ride on with your doc's discretion,because he knows your medical history which is least known by me.What has he said generally about returning patency to your tube(s)?

I hope you took headings to what i first wrote on your issue and the relevance to it to your health and planning of conception.But have you attended to the abdominal tuberculosis? Also,did you discus the abdominal tuberculosis and how it can affect your tubes with him,what was his reply?

I seem to be going after many questions because TUBAL TUBERCULOSIS is not rampant or common(as i see it) and there is a likelihood that your HYDROSALPINX may be provoke by the TUBAL TUBERCULOSIS arising from the PERITONEAL cavity and that is a concern from your doctor's sensuality and sensibility.

I still believe with some feelings that if the tubes are not occluded by now,there is still hope to treat yourself better and start pregnancy as soon as possible.It all depends on the discretion of the doctor.If it wearies him to talk on this may be for the severity or degree of blockage,you may ask him for any reliable means for conception.After some watching to see improvement on using antibiotics for this treatment,ofcourse there should be.What if there is nor? He may have you discussing how to plan a pregnancy with any of the reliable ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES(A.R.T) within the country.

It is monday,have a nice week.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dupe22: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Pls what does ovaries appear expansile means
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Emzzy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi doc,
am new here sha
DW did hvs and d result says growth of candida spp, pus cell H, yeast H. Can this stop conception? What should be done.
Regards.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
dupe22: Pls what does ovaries appear expansile means

It means,there is a tendency or chance of expansion or tumescense.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Emzzy: Hi doc,
am new here sha
DW did hvs and d result says growth of candida spp, pus cell H, yeast H. Can this stop conception? What should be done.
Regards.

It does not affect fertility in any good percent.Thus,it can't stop conception.

Treatment: Follow sensitive,notably a prescribed ANTIMYCOTIC or ANTIFUNGAL drugs.The likes of FLUCONAZOLE or CLOTRIMAZOLE can help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alima2(f): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
gud day Doc, apric8 ur effort in forum,
pls kindly help, a friend is diagonalized to hav grade 2 variscocele, pls what does it mean?how can it be cured without operation.
tnks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Alima2: gud day Doc, apric8 ur effort in forum,
pls kindly help, i friend is diagonalized to hav grade 2 variscocele, pls what does it mean?how can it be cured without operation.
tnks

It means the PAMPINIFORM VENUS PLEXUS has becomes abit huge tortous.The vein in collection drains the testicles.

Mainly,i would advice you visit a UROLOGIST or and ANDROLOGIST for all that should be done.Notwithstanding,i cannot tell of any treatment better than a surgical procedures,VARICOCELECTOMY.Seminal routines with VOLUME and Sperm COUNTS or CONES will improve after a good surgical work...

Other non-surgical procedures may requires EMBOLIZATION but most time,it is a provided managment,post-surgical treatment.Drug like L-CARNITINE can help too.

N/B: Surgical procedures may be needed for symptomatologic varicocele.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hi dr's in d house. Pls whatz d effect of having HSG done like 3x, I av done it twice but I can't access d result because its with my 'EX'. But all I cld remember is dat d dr said bilateral tubal blockage, & d laparascopy said d right tube is visible while d left is in doubt, all d results I can't access. Though I did IVF in may but had blighted ovum.
Pls I want to know maybe I can still repeat d HSG if it won't av any effect on my cells? Thank U̶̲̅ for ur quick response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alima2(f): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=LuckyG1]
It means the PAMPINIFORM VENUS PLEXUS has becomes abit huge tortous.The vein in collection drains the testicles.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Helo doc in d aos, pls l need advice am ttc 4 past 13months now thou l m/c my 1st preg in march, l dnt know if am preg or not cos l hav light menses 4days. My experience since/b4 ovulation aug period came a day early 15/08 l was feelg O pain seriously on d 22nd wc is 8 days after my period 21-27 off & on tingly boob + bloated + abdominal cramp wc neva hapun to me during My O period, back pain startd on 4th dis mnth, l saw brown spottg on 7th i.e 3 days early to my normal period it was light bleedg den, 2nd to 4th day also light n 5th day lastd 4 few minute in d morng l dnt know wats goin on wit me, my back is paing me wheneva l do little work or walk at times dunno what to do maybe am or nt cos l think is too early to test, pls any advice thinkg everyday. Tnx 4 ur response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Royal30: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2014
@luckyG1....just tested..my motility is 10 percent..count is 50million....Morphology is 40 percent. ..no bacterial seen...volume is 4ml

Please wot can I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by miraclebaby: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bograd83: Helo doc in d aos, pls l need advice am ttc 4 past 13months now thou l m/c my 1st preg in march, l dnt know if am preg or not cos l hav light menses 4days. My experience since/b4 ovulation aug period came a day early 15/08 l was feelg O pain seriously on d 22nd wc is 8 days after my period 21-27 off & on tingly boob + bloated + abdominal cramp wc neva hapun to me during My O period, back pain startd on 4th dis mnth, l saw brown spottg on 7th i.e 3 days early to my normal period it was light bleedg den, 2nd to 4th day also light n 5th day lastd 4 few minute in d morng l dnt know wats goin on wit me, my back is paing me wheneva l do little work or walk at times dunno what to do maybe am or nt cos l think is too early to test, pls any advice thinkg everyday. Tnx 4 ur response
It is well sis. I've been reading your posts, the truth is that you're stressing yourself so much. This adversely affects your health in general. I would advice you take a break from all these stress, forget about baby for now, did I say forget, yes. It won't be easy but the end justifies the means. Keep yourself busy with anything that gives you joy, games, reading, work, outing, anything relaxing. Eat right and have fun with dh. I assure you, before you know it, you'll already be entering sec trimester.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2014
Royal30: @luckyG1....just tested..my motility is 10 percent..count is 50million....Morphology is 40 percent. ..no bacterial seen...volume is 4ml

Please wot can I do?

Morphology should be >70%
Motility should be >60%
Volume should be 1.5-5.0ml
Total sperm cones should be atleast 40-150million/ml

From these you can match up with your result if anything could be wrong somewhere.Notwithstanding,it is very important another SEMINAL ROUTINES be done to affirm your state,this is because factors affecting methodology can twist result.

Perhaps this might be important,staying away from both smoking(either active or passive) and the use of alcohol can help boost your morphology and your motility.It is also adviceable that you maintain a good health generally with a sound mind;although,you might be stressed but live as if you got no worries.If you happen to be in any medication,you may have to visit a doctor to check if the drug(s) may be having effect on the seminal fluid characteristics.

It will improve.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2014
omedit: Hi dr's in d house. Pls whatz d effect of having HSG done like 3x, I av done it twice but I can't access d result because its with my 'EX'. But all I cld remember is dat d dr said bilateral tubal blockage, & d laparascopy said d right tube is visible while d left is in doubt, all d results I can't access. Though I did IVF in may but had blighted ovum.
Pls I want to know maybe I can still repeat d HSG if it won't av any effect on my cells? Thank U̶̲̅ for ur quick response.

Are we to analyse your result by what you recall?

Are you to access what you don't have knowledge of?

BILATERAL TUBAL BLOCKAGE,simply means,both tubes of the adnexal is blocked and may hinder the move of an ovum to the uterus.This does not tell in whole where the blockage lies.Could it be at the ISTHMUS or the AMPULLAE of the tubes?

LAPAROSCOPY can only show where it is visible and where it is in doubt,only means that tube was not brought to visibility by it.It does not mean,your tubes have obliterate or out of function.

You can always do another HSG,it does not cause any serious form of radiological ionisation as that of some X-RAYS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.