Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877603 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibinwaka: 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
hi doc, just been told my baby is transverse lying, am 30 wks 3rd baby. please what do I do, what are the complications. though scan told me my fluid are not much, how do I increase it. urgent.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
bibinwaka:
hi doc, just been told my baby is transverse lying, am 30 wks 3rd baby. please what do I do, what are the complications. though scan told me my fluid are not much, how do I increase it. urgent.

The breech position is due to "anhydramnios".

At week 30, the preterm still has time to adjust itself to 'head down' position. But with anhydramnios, the chances of the baby adjusting before due time is low. One of the functions of the amniotic fluid is to suspend the foetus and allow easy adjustment towards the right position. But with little amniotic fluid, the rate of adjustment will be low, leading to breech position.

I'm afraid if the foetus fails to adjust properly after week 37, caesarian section would be indicated.

What you can do now is pray that God intervenes. Also, you can seek the help of a midwife. Breech position can be adjusted when the tummy is carefully massaged and twisted in order to induce the foetus to turn properly.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibinwaka: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
@ doc. the baby is not breech but sideways my last scan says cephalic but I think the baby turn alot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Marc9:

Don't worry, you'll give birth to a bouncing baby .......(Fill in the gap).

You shall deliver like the hebrew women!

I say big amen to that
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by atoseg: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2015
pls doctor, what can I use to stop this itching in my groin n private part that comes and goes every time? Also my wife is pregnant Bt she saw strange blood recently what does this mean.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2015
atoseg:
pls doctor, what can I use to stop this itching in my groin n private part that comes and goes every time? Also my wife is pregnant Bt she saw strange blood recently what does this mean.

The itch in your groin could be due to dry skin. Perhaps, you sustained tiny bruises when you shaved your pubic hair, and the cuts were exposed to germs. Well, you can walk into any pharmacy(not a patent drug store) and ask the pharmacist for antibiotic to use.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Marc9:

You can check my profile, my pin is on it. Feel free to add, I'll refer you where you can get the best of help.

"To solve a problem, one has to understand the problem very well".

God is in control!

Amen.
thank you very much.
I pray I come here to share my testimony
Amen

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Marc9:

I'll strongly think it's a case of 'threatened abortion'. A threatened abortion is a vag*nal bleeding observed in pregnancies below the gestation age of 12weeks.[b][/b]

Were you diagnosed of any sexually transmitted or urinary tract infections?

Were you on any strong medication prior to the advent of the first miscarriage?
So sorry to draw u bk. Bt wasnt it rather a complete abortion? and nt threatened?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
tchiwinnie:
So sorry to draw u bk. Bt wasnt it rather a complete abortion? and nt threatened?

The condition in pregnancy characterised by consistent bleeding below week 20 is known as threatened abortion. The implication/complication of such condition leads to spontaneous abortion.

From her post, it wasn't a once occurrence. She experinced such twice, if I'm nt mistaken.

Read the subsequent posts on her case for better understanding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2015
Hello Dr, I was in d hospital on Monday and another Dr gave me Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium tablet with vitamin C. Pls is this sufficient? quote author=Marc9 post=29605021]

Whoever gave you the diclofenac after you complained of the pain and the coloured discharge probably didn't take you seriously. The discharge with its yellow coloration is likely indicating an infection. So I wonder how diclofenac would treat the infection.

A vag*nal examination, with HVS mcs, is quite necessary. I expected a midwife, or one of the nurses to have examined you, if the hospital had no ob/gynae [/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hibkay:
Hello Dr, I was in d hospital on Monday and another Dr gave me Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium tablet with vitamin C. Pls is this sufficient? quote author=Marc9 post=29605021]

Whoever gave you the diclofenac after you complained of the pain and the coloured discharge probably didn't take you seriously. The discharge with its yellow coloration is likely indicating an infection. So I wonder how diclofenac would treat the infection.

A vag*nal examination, with HVS mcs, is quite necessary. I expected a midwife, or one of the nurses to have examined you, if the hospital had no ob/gynae

Yes it is.

Don't worry, you'll be just fine in no time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
OK Doctor...Thanks so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ahmanim: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
plZ Doctor help me out. i had waist pain so much during my previous preg w was a still birth @ 33 wk(oct,14). Am now now 5wks gone n am having waist pain, what can i take n is it nt too early for d pain.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KingZYX(m): 1:49am On Jan 24, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Please what is bastian metabolism and what effects does it have inside the body?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mumsyfiyin: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2015
Hello Doctor,
Please let me narrate my experience to you maybe you can help me.

I have being married for 15months now being diagnosed of high prolactin I have being using broom riptide consistently but my prolactin will not reduce.

My progesterone levels are good the one I did recently 21dpo read 39.5 and I did one on day 3 reads 0.7 which should suggest I am ovulating please what can I do.

I am already considering IVF cos my colleagues have turned me to a laffing stock,can't your God give you a baby ni and it is just 15months o
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mumsyfiyin:
Hello Doctor,
Please let me narrate my experience to you maybe you can help me.

I have being married for 15months now being diagnosed of high prolactin I have being using broom riptide consistently but my prolactin will not reduce.

My progesterone levels are good the one I did recently 21dpo read 39.5 and I did one on day 3 reads 0.7 which should suggest I am ovulating please what can I do.

I am already considering IVF cos my colleagues have turned me to a laffing stock,can't your God give you a baby ni and it is just 15months o

Tell your immature colleagues that 'she that laughs last, laughs BEST!

Delay is not denial! Sarah knows best.

Well, 15months of TTC shouldn't get you that worried. All you need do is seek treatment, in order to get you prolactin level back to normal.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re hyperprolactinemia:

Bromocriptine or dopamine agonist drug class normally does a great job at reducing PRL. How long have you been on it?

Is your hi prolactin due to pituitary mass or ?

Should check your thyroid hormone tho as it could be exercebating it if low T4/T3. Or are you on psych meds?

Your other option is neurosurgery if it is an adenoma that is not shrinking with Drug tx.

Take care
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
ahmanim:
plZ Doctor help me out. i had waist pain so much during my previous preg w was a still birth @ 33 wk(oct,14). Am now now 5wks gone n am having waist pain, what can i take n is it nt too early for d pain.

5 weeks is a bit early for waist pain but i think it might not be because of the fetus that you are having pain. It is largely perhaps your own body mechanics.

Were you in normal health and average weight pre-pregnancy.

I would advice a trip to ob for vaginal or abdominal ultrasound to check fetus, beta HCG and confirm gestational age and such.

If you must, NSAIDs like ibuprofen are safe within reason at this stage. Try alternate cold/heat pack at low back and sides, practise good posture

Take care
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ahmanim: 9:56am On Jan 28, 2015
Xiadnat:

5 weeks is a bit early for waist pain but i think it might not be because of the fetus that you are having pain. It is largely perhaps your own body mechanics.

Were you in normal health and average weight pre-pregnancy.

I would advice a trip to ob for vaginal or abdominal ultrasound to check fetus, beta HCG and confirm gestational age and such.

If you must, NSAIDs like ibuprofen are safe within reason at this stage. Try alternate cold/heat pack at low back and sides, practise good posture

Take care

@xiadnat.
Am extremely gr8ful 4 ur advice. i had gone to see my doc d next day after d pain. was told to rest wc i did, i also changed my bed n am feeling better.
working on getting a good hosp. 4 proper monitoring
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
hi doctor, Please what are the importance of VITAMIN E for TTC woman? i ve been ttc for the past seven month now and i want to try the vitamin e. pls tell me if it is necessary and the Brand with the dosage. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mumsyfiyin: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re hyperprolactinemia:

Bromocriptine or dopamine agonist drug class normally does a great job at reducing PRL. How long have you been on it?

Is your hi prolactin due to pituitary mass or ?

Should check your thyroid hormone tho as it could be exercebating it if low T4/T3. Or are you on psych meds?

Your other option is neurosurgery if it is an adenoma that is not shrinking with Drug tx.

Take care

@xiadnat my doctor placed me on it for one month it reduced and it went up again and he placed me on it for another 1 month and reduced and up again there is being a break on it since
March 2014 that I was diagnosed with it I have only use 2months and it was not at a stretch , though considering a change of gynea he is never accessible,from the info I gathered I guess he didn't put me on it long enough
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
jesulolami:
hi doctor, Please what are the importance of VITAMIN E for TTC woman? i ve been ttc for the past seven month now and i want to try the vitamin e. pls tell me if it is necessary and the Brand with the dosage. Thanks.

Vitamin-E (Tocopherol) is an anti-oxidant. It enhances fertility.

7months TTC is not yet a cause for an alarm. Just keep trying.

You should eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Your attempts will eventually yield conception.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by milayo(f): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2015
Good morning Doctor, pls I'm 5wks pregnant but I noticed that I'm not having much symptoms, I feel very normal and energetic anytime I wake up in d morning dat I always ask if I'm really pregnant. my bossom is not painful like it suppose to be for a pregnant woman but my doctor said its normal for me becos my prolactin was abnormal before I got pregnant and also becos i do not have pms in previous cycle before this pregnancy. pls how true is this? I'm so scared becos have experienced a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy in d past. pls help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 29, 2015
milayo:
Good morning Doctor, pls I'm 5wks pregnant but I noticed that I'm not having much symptoms, I feel very normal and energetic anytime I wake up in d morning dat I always ask if I'm really pregnant. my bossom is not painful like it suppose to be for a pregnant woman but my doctor said its normal for me becos my prolactin was abnormal before I got pregnant and also becos i do not have pms in previous cycle before this pregnancy. pls how true is this? I'm so scared becos have experienced a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy in d past. pls help

Smile....

The discomforts associated with pregnancy are mostly experinced in primigravidae(first time pregnancies). This isn't your first pregnancy, so it's normal for you not experincing those discomforts first timers do experince.

Don't fret, your pregnancy is intact, and you'll give birth like a hebrew woman!

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by milayo(f): 10:37am On Jan 29, 2015
thanks for ur prompt response. I really appreciate. God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
@Marc9, thanks for a job weldone on the thread. I've read about the importance of Vit E as pertains to fertility, what about Omega 3 and 9 (fish Oil). How relevant is it for ttc?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
Thanks.
Marc9:

Vitamin-E (Tocopherol) is an anti-oxidant. It enhances fertility.

7months TTC is not yet a cause for an alarm. Just keep trying.

You should eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Your attempts will eventually yield conception.

All the best!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rozeeb: 11:52am On Jan 31, 2015
hi everyone pls am new here wanted to ask my younger sister had an ectopic pregnancy last april and was removed the doctor gave her three months break for not trying, but since last september till now she have been trying she went for hsg which shows one tube is okay while the left the frimbarie of the tube was no more and it was stitched up so the dye couldnt spill pls wanted to ask if there is anything she can do to try to conceive thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by picki(f): 1:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Hello Doc, for the past 4months have been having an itchy sore on my right aeriola(breast). It itches so bad and brings out lots of fluid that i rub aboniki on it and then cover with tissue and bra, else it stains my dress. It started when i was pregnant but still breastfeeding my 1year old son. i later lost the pregnancy at 9weeks and an evacuation was done. I continued breastfeeding my son on just the left breast but has to stop when the sore was not healing. The sore is still not healed and am pregnant again. Been to hospital and Canestan cream was recommended, have taken fluconazole and other creams too, yet no solution. Don't know what to do because i want to nurse my baby on the two breast when i put to bed. I am tired of wearing tissue in my bra every day to work.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 01, 2015
picki:
Hello Doc, for the past 4months have been having an itchy sore on my right aeriola(breast). It itches so bad and brings out lots of fluid that i rub aboniki on it and then cover with tissue and bra, else it stains my dress. It started when i was pregnant but still breastfeeding my 1year old son. i later lost the pregnancy at 9weeks and an evacuation was done. I continued breastfeeding my son on just the left breast but has to stop when the sore was not healing. The sore is still not healed and am pregnant again. Been to hospital and Canestan cream was recommended, have taken fluconazole and other creams too, yet no solution. Don't know what to do because i want to nurse my baby on the two breast when i put to bed. I am tired of wearing tissue in my bra every day to work.

You were likely treating wrongly. The sore in your left bre*st was most likely caused by bacteria(Staph aureus). Canestan and fluconazole are anti-fungal creams, so don't expect the soreness to heal up.

What u need is an effective anti-bacterial cream, plus oral antibiotics.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by picki(f): 6:54am On Feb 01, 2015
Marc9:

You were likely treating wrongly. The sore in your left bre*st was most likely caused by bacteria(Staph aureus). Canestan and fluconazole are anti-fungal creams, so don't expect the soreness to heal up.

What u need is an effective anti-bacterial cream, plus oral antibiotics.

Many thanks Doc! Please can you recommend any cream, as for the antibitics i was also prescribed Augmentin in the hospital which i took religiously. Now i can't take any cos am already 2 months pregnant. Would have to rely on cream alone i guess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.