Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879560 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 07, 2015
Hi doctors! I'm 16weeks pregnant, and d doctor prescribed lexotan tablets 1.5mg at night for me, because I complained of headaches, insomnia, and bp of 140/70mmhg. I've been reading in various places online that lexotan should not be used during pregnancy. Why would the doctor prescribe it then? Do I use it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daisyidaghe(f): 6:22am On Jan 07, 2015
Hi doc,compliments
Am 33yrd old hv being trying to get pregnant for over a year now I hv irregular menses,sumtimes I dt even get it for a month,even wen I hv sex almost every day in a month still no results. Hv noticed dat I might not b ovulating as I dt notice fat egg whitish discharge atall.pls help as am confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 07, 2015
haemi:
Hi doctors! I'm 16weeks pregnant, and d doctor prescribed lexotan tablets 1.5mg at night for me, because I complained of headaches, insomnia, and bp of 140/70mmhg. I've been reading in various places online that lexotan should not be used during pregnancy. Why would the doctor prescribe it then? Do I use it?

Between the devil and the deep sea, you just have to decide which is more dangerous, and opt for the other.

Most prescriptive drugs and some OTC drugs are contra-indicated in early pregnancy, but discretion can be applied by your physician in prescribing these drugs depending on trimester/pregnancy progression

You complained of constant headache and insomnia I supposed? And your physician had to use his discretion in prescribing sleep pills to relieve you of your insomnia and headache, in order to control your BP from rising. High blood pressure in pregnant women can actually lead to spontaneous abortion(miscarriage).

So, your physician did the right thing, so long you're on his regular watch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2015
daisyidaghe:
Hi doc,compliments
Am 33yrd old hv being trying to get pregnant for over a year now I hv irregular menses,sumtimes I dt even get it for a month,even wen I hv sex almost every day in a month still no results. Hv noticed dat I might not b ovulating as I dt notice fat egg whitish discharge atall.pls help as am confused.

First of all, having sex everyday in a month for the sake of TTC is so unnecessary. A lady can only get pregnant within her fertile period which normally spans for 5days.

If your menstruation is irregular, and you don't observe EWCM at your mid-cycle, then it means you're likely "anovulating(no egg was released)"

Impression: I think your hormones are imbalance, and you may just happen to have a cyst in your ovary, likely shrinks and regrows.

Indication: Run a hormonal profile for FSH, LH, Prolactin, E2, and Progesterone, at cd5 for the first three hormones, and cd21 for the last two hormones. Then run a pelvic UltraSound scan to observe the ovary, particularly the right ovary
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daisyidaghe(f): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2015
I actually did a hormonal test for prolactin, testosterone and Progesterone and d doc told me it was Ok, but I ll hv to do d pelvic scan today,will let u kno d result.
Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daisyidaghe(f): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi doc,gudeven
Took ur advice went for a pelvic scan but d Dr advice I do a transviginal scan to b able to c my ovaries clearly Wich I did,dese r d layout:
Uterus :4.3cm AP diameter,anteverted
Endometrium:1.0cm thick secretory pattern

Myometrium:normal

Cervix:closed and normal

Right & left ovary: numerous small sized follicles arranged peripherally with a central echo dense stroma

Right & left adnexia: no free fluid. No tumour nodules.

Cul-de-sac: no free fluid

Urinary bladder: normal no stone or tumour nodule seen.

Impression : bilateral polycystic ovaries.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hello Doctors in d house, Pls I gave birth 2 mths ago but had cervical tear but up till now one particular area in my vaginal towards d anus is still paining me. The place looks like fresh tear. Kindly help ( am concerned about it because wen my pregnancy was 5 months I didn't allow my husband to have sex wit me thinking I will make it up for him wen I put to bed but now I can't because dat particular area is really paining me)Also am still having discharge till now which is yellowish in colour and I use pantyliners for it everyday.Pls is this normal? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
daisyidaghe:
Hi doc,gudeven
Took ur advice went for a pelvic scan but d Dr advice I do a transvaginal scan to b able to c my ovaries clearly Which I did,dese r d layout:
Uterus :4.3cm AP diameter,anteverted
Endometrium:1.0cm thick secretory pattern

Myometrium:normal

Cervix:closed and normal

Right & left ovary: numerous small sized follicles arranged peripherally with a central echo dense stroma

Right & left adnexia: no free fluid. No tumour nodules.

Cul-de-sac: no free fluid

Urinary bladder: normal no stone or tumour nodule seen.

Impression : bilateral polycystic ovaries.

The scan report shows you have PCOS. That explains why you have irregular periods, amenorrhea(ceased periods), and likely other PCOS related symptoms like growing hair unusually, and weight gain.

I'll suggest you see a physician for treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hibkay:
Hello Doctors in d house, Pls I gave birth 2 mths ago but had vag*nal tear but up till now one particular area in my vaginal towards d anus is still paining me. The place looks like fresh tear. Kindly help ( I'm concerned about it because wen my pregnancy was 5 months I didn't allow my husband to have sex wit me thinking I will make it up for him wen I put to bed but now I can't because dat particular area is really paining me)Also am still having discharge till now which is yellowish in colour and I use pantyliners for it everyday.Pls is this normal? Thanks

What you had was episiotomy(vaginal tear). It's likely the midwife didn't stitch up the tear closer to your perinea, or she stitched it too tighly. The pain and the yellow discharge are indicating an inflammation and an infection(vaginitis).

I'll advise you go see the Ob/midwife, so she can have it examined.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by everfaithfulGod(f): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dr marc9 pls your response is needed to my question on the other tread. Kindly check and reply
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by daisyidaghe(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thanks doc I ll do dat.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 08, 2015
everfaithfulGod:
Dr marc9 pls your response is needed to my question on the other tread. Kindly check and reply
Thanks

Sorry for the delay in reply, my BIS was twitching last night. You can check now, I've replied you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Marc9:
Thanks Dr...I just left d hospital now to complain and was given stefnac diclofenac tablets to be taken 2 times daily but I wasn't examined...Is there need for me to go back and be examined or d tablet is enough? Thank you.

What you had was episiotomy(vaginal tear). It's likely the midwife didn't stitch up the tear closer to your perinea, or she stitched it too tighly. The pain and the yellow discharge are indicating an inflammation and an infection(vaginitis).

I'll advise you go see the Ob/midwife, so she can have it examined.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
hibkay:

Is there a need to go back and be examined, or the tablet is enough?

Whoever gave you the diclofenac after you complained of the pain and the coloured discharge probably didn't take you seriously. The discharge with its yellow coloration is likely indicating an infection. So I wonder how diclofenac would treat the infection.

A vag*nal examination, with HVS mcs, is quite necessary. I expected a midwife, or one of the nurses to have examined you, if the hospital had no ob/gynae
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Marc9:

Thank you very much Dr Marc9...I will go there tomorrow again and give u feed back... God bless. Whoever gave you the diclofenac after you complained of the pain and the coloured discharge probably didn't take you seriously. The discharge with its yellow coloration is likely indicating an infection. So I wonder how diclofenac would treat the infection.

A vag*nal examination, with HVS mcs, is quite necessary. I expected a midwife, or one of the nurses to have examined you, if the hospital had no ob/gynae
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hibkay:

Do you dab the stitched area with warm saline twice daily?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
Well I did it once daily for like 2 wks but I have stop since.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hibkay:
Well I did it once daily for like 2 wks but I have stop since.

I'll advise u continue dabbing till it's completely healed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by CoolOne1: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
@Marc9, I had preeclampsia at 23weeks and had to be induced for labour.The child didn't make it.Pls what can I do to prevent a reoccurence. Am stil on bp drugs 3months after.My bp readings are okay now with d drugs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
CoolOne1:
@Marc9, I had preeclampsia at 23weeks and had to be induced for labour.The child didn't make it.Pls what can I do to prevent a reoccurence. Am stil on bp drugs 3months after.My bp readings are okay now with d drugs.

I'm so sorry for your loss! Don't worry, you'll take in soonest, since your BP is now normal. But I'll suggest you try shedd some weight before taking in. I presumed you're a bit overweight right?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Marc pls I did a recent scan and result shows a bulky and non gravid uterus in an anterverted position with heterogeneous myometrial echotexture due to multiple fibroid masses measuring 1:74mm x 52mm is pedunculated
2:64mm x 50mm in anterior lower uterine
3-5: 53mm x 38mm,18mm x 30mm,and 31mm x 42mm in posterior region.
Endometrium is distorted in outline, Adnexae nothing remarkable, Cul-de-sac free. Impression : multiple uterine fibroids.
Pls can u explain wat dis means? Since I'm ttc what do u advice? Can I get pregnant and carry to term with it or I should go for a surgery?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessyz(f): 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
jessyz:
Hi marc9, you are doing a good job. God bless you real good. Am not pregnant now but hope to be soon. I just bought Feroglobin b12 capsules. Is it okay for me and does it contain the right amount of folic acid suitable for my body.

Yes it does! And I'll also encourage you to eat natural fruits and vegetables.

Stay blessed!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessyz(f): 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Marc9 post=29646111]

Yes it does! And I'll also encourage you to eat natural fruits and vegetables.

Stay blessed!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
mumjk:
Marc pls I did a recent scan and result shows a bulky and non gravid uterus in an anterverted position with heterogeneous myometrial echotexture due to multiple fibroid masses measuring 1:74mm x 52mm is pedunculated
2:64mm x 50mm in anterior lower uterine
3-5: 53mm x 38mm,18mm x 30mm,and 31mm x 42mm in posterior region.
Endometrium is distorted in outline, Adnexae nothing remarkable, Cul-de-sac free. Impression : multiple uterine fibroids.
Pls can u explain wat dis means? Since I'm ttc what do u advise? Can I get pregnant and carry to term with it or I should go for a surgery?

The size of the fibroids is quite large, but the location doesn't seem like it would affect conception. Submucosal and intramural fibroids tend to affect they chances of conceiving because the give the endometrium a distorted outline and disrupt implantation

You can opt for myomectomy in removing the multiple fibroids, though their position do not necessarily impede TTC.

Some medications like oral contraceptives can actually shrink the size of fibroids, since these benign growths are estrogen and progesterone dependent.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rubylady: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Good afternoon @marc9 you are doing a good job, God bless you. Please I need your help as I can place what's wrong and don't know what test or treatments to take.
Firstly, been ttc since Nov and I started taking folic acid immediately after my ovulation period I started feeling bloated, had pains in my right abdomen and also had constipation so I detox with lots orange and also was discharging heavily this period but I later saw my period Dec with some clots(heavy flow).

Then I tried for dec. I didn't take the folic acid.for Dec I couldn't tell when I ovulated cos no body changes, also after my assumed period for ovulation I started to discharge heavily with cramps n few days before my period I took orange and started having sharp pain on my left abdomen then continued till my period came with a huge clot flesh like on my pad. Pain was just on my left abdomen.

Please I don't understand what's going on and don't want another shocker so I want to start treatment early, please respond. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
rubylady:
Good afternoon @marc9 you are doing a good job, God bless you. Please I need your help as I can place what's wrong and don't know what test or treatments to take.
Firstly, been ttc since Nov and I started taking folic acid immediately after my ovulation period I started feeling bloated, had pains in my right abdomen and also had constipation so I detox with lots orange and also was discharging heavily this period but I later saw my period Dec with some clots(heavy flow).

Then I tried for dec. I didn't take the folic acid.for Dec I couldn't tell when I ovulated cos no body changes, also after my assumed period for ovulation I started to discharge heavily with cramps n few days before my period I took orange and started having sharp pain on my left abdomen then continued till my period came with a huge clot flesh like on my pad. Pain was just on my left abdomen.

Please I don't understand what's going on and don't want another shocker so I want to start treatment early, please respond. Thank you

Here are the differentials:

.Fibroids
.Adenomyosis
.Endometrosis

I'll advise you run a pelvic scan or a transvaginal probe. The result would give an idea what the actual cause is.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rubylady: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Okay thanks. Will get back after the scan
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kittana: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hi, doc Marc. Please any advice will be appreciated. I've always had irregular periods but they seemed to have been put under control after I got on BC pills for three months. Got on the pills when my once in 2-3 months cycle, went really crazy and started showing up once every 2 weeks. Towards the end of the 3rd month on BC pills, I read I definitely couldn't be ovulating and given that I'm married and also have to worry about ttc, I did a little self-medicating by taking clomid...during the final withdrawal bleed.

Waited and waited for my first natural cycle, did some reading again (crazy and not too wise, I know) and found that not seeing a period after clomid could as well indicate an annovulatory cycle which prolly could be because the dose wasn't enough....plus, I read clomid can be taken without a period. So I did something crazy. I took 100 ml of clomid on cd 42 and my ovaries got hyperstimulated. Confirmed by a pelvic scan (I had done one after coming off the pills which showed everything was normal). But I did get a period exactly 14 days later.

2 months later, a menstrual cycle in each and another pelvic scan report to show that I was again in the clear, I ran off to see an actual ob/gyn. He placed me on 50mg clomid and parlodel for that month and the next one, he performed a hydrotubation on me. This hydrotubation happened in october 2014. The procedure made me bleed (heavily) for 26 days. After that, went on to have a period in november 6th, had mere spotting that lasted five days though, on december 12th and bam! A very very very heavy period that started on christmas day and lasted for 5 days.

Wrote that off as nothing as the spotting in that cycle was actually just spotting...a drop or two for every five hours but yesterday, I started to bleed again and I'm really just confused and really upset. I don't know what to blame it on. Do I have some sort of infection, Cervical cancer or is it just hormones playing tricks on me? In as much as I am not comfortable with the too frequent periods, I wouldn't mind conceiving like right now. Please what do you think and what should I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bensky: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thank you for your response and sorry for the late response hmmmmm! well try to less meat, more of fish, fruits, although my vegetable intact is been really for a long time. so maybe you should recommend a good diet and will appreciate if you can help throw more light on what i can take to reduce my flow and also boast my blood because sometimes my heavy flow makes me really weak and i am not ready for an operation cause i am scared and i am also not prepared for it.
sssob:

Hi dear, your post got me ..What's your diet like?

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by babymama01: 11:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hi doctors I'm 13wks + preggy nd diagnosed of typhoid nd malaria a dr placed me on zinnat 500mg, artesunate and fansidar bt when I told another dr abt d prescription he said d drugs ar too strong 4 me that I shoud go 4 augumentin and coartal-forte instead nd also reduce d zinnat to 250mg. Pls wats ur thought on this tnx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NoQualms1(f): 12:54am On Jan 12, 2015
@marc9, my baby is 7 weeks old but I'm always scared anytime I want to b.reastfeed her. I've been having very sore and painful n.ipples since her first week. I'm tired of going through this pain several times everyday. What can I do/use to stop this pain?

She latches on well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.