Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878966 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sanrima(f): 6:16pm On May 11, 2015
Good evening doctor,
Pls I have been ttc for some years now, got pregnant 3 times but had miscarriages, doctors still can't ascertain the cause of mcgs.
Was diagnosed of hyperprolactinaemia and have been on bromocriptine drugs. My gynecologist decided to induce ovulation using menopor and hcg shots.
Pls I just want to know if I should have continuous bedding as suggested on some treads here or I should only bed on d days recommended by my doctor.
Sorry for the long post.
Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2015
Kudibaby:
Dr pls what vitamins 'll you recommend I start taking to increase my chance of conception.though have started taking 5mg of folic acid,what else do I need.I heard 400 mcg of folic acid is the Israel but the pharmacist I met said 5mg is ok I hope am not taking overdose.thanks
well 400mcg is the recommended dosage but I'm aware many people are given the 5mg tablet cos that is what is usually available. It is not overdosage.

You may also discuss with your doctor regarding omega 3 fatty acids, coenzyme Q and vitamin c and e.

But generally, intake of green leafy vegetables and fruits will provide you with your nutritional needs as well, along with a balanced diet.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:55pm On May 11, 2015
omowunminow:
Thanks doctor, really appreciate, i ran a scan test before the hsg which says my pouch is empty, or should i go for another scan, cos as i'm typing these i'm feeling heavy in my lower abdomen, my uterus precisely. Thanks we are working on the male factor.
Ok, but empty pouch of Douglas on scan is not a problem.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:56pm On May 11, 2015
sanrima:
Good evening doctor,
Pls I have been ttc for some years now, got pregnant 3 times but had miscarriages, doctors still can't ascertain the cause of mcgs.
Was diagnosed of hyperprolactinaemia and have been on bromocriptine drugs. My gynecologist decided to induce ovulation using menopor and hcg shots.
Pls I just want to know if I should have continuous bedding as suggested on some treads here or I should only bed on d days recommended by my doctor.
Sorry for the long post.
Thank you.
Goodevening,
What do you mean by bedding?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sanrima(f): 7:21pm On May 11, 2015
omicron:
Goodevening,
What do you mean by bedding?

Compulsory intercourse
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2015
sanrima:

Compulsory intercourse
My dear it is a matter of opinion, really.

For me, I would advise you live your life 'normally': Targeted intercourse, every other day, around and through the days of the expected ovulation.

It is always better to follow your own doctor's recommendation though, as long it isn't obviously wrong.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sanrima(f): 8:06pm On May 11, 2015
omicron:
My dear it is a matter of opinion, really.

For me, I would advise you live your life 'normally': Targeted intercourse, every other day, around and through the days of the expected ovulation.

It is always better to follow your own doctor's recommendation though, as long it isn't obviously wrong.

All the best

@Omicron
Ok thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moonert(f): 12:00pm On May 12, 2015
Good morning lovelies in d house. in January I had adhesiolysis to remove adhesion from my uterus n was advised not to ttc for 3months. After d 3months we tried last month n nothing. My gynae advised that my hubby should do sfa/mcs which d result came out n we broke down again. total count is 8 million. active motile 10% sluggish motile 25% dead 65% morphology normal 70% abnormal 30%. culture yielded heavy growth of Staphylococcus aureus. Please help a sister. what can we do to improve our situation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2015
moonert:
Good morning lovelies in d house. in January I had adhesiolysis to remove adhesion from my uterus n was advised not to ttc for 3months. After d 3months we tried last month n nothing. My gynae advised that my hubby should do sfa/mcs which d result came out n we broke down again. total count is 8 million. active motile 10% sluggish motile 25% dead 65% morphology normal 70% abnormal 30%. culture yielded heavy growth of Staphylococcus aureus. Please help a sister. what can we do to improve our situation?
Hi,

Sorry about that. Do not lose hope.

A similar case as your dh's has been taken care of like 2 pages ago.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moonert(f): 1:46pm On May 12, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

Sorry about that. Do not lose hope.

A similar case as your dh's has been taken care of like 2 pages ago.

All the best

Thank you very much. Please my worry is how to cure d staphylococcus aureus first den the sperm treatment follows. How do we treat Staph?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2015
moonert:

Thank you very much. Please my worry is how to cure d staphylococcus aureus first den the sperm treatment follows. How do we treat Staph?
Most commonly, those Staph are contaminants. 90% of those labs will return your results with growth of staph.

Why not use another lab?

Morever, did they not do Sensitivity test for the cultured organisms? If they did, you may simply use of the drugs that the organisms are sensitive to, though this may just be encouraging antibiotic resistance as I strongly feel that the Staph is just a hoax.

Let it not bother you too much

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 12, 2015
Hello doctors in d house.The veins on my hands are so prominent that I find it really very embarassing putting on a sleeveless top.Is there a remedy to it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:24am On May 13, 2015
Ivygold2:
Hello doctors in d house.The veins on my hands are so prominent that I find it really very embarassing putting on a sleeveless top.Is there a remedy to it?
you must be quite slim for it to be that much. Solution is to add a little flesh then, just enough to cover the superficial veins.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:53am On May 13, 2015
How do I add this flesh.Please I need to know.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:55am On May 13, 2015
Ivygold2:
How do I add this flesh.Please I need to know.
More calories and less work outs..that is if you are genetically favoured too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 13, 2015
Many thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Consy11(f): 6:35am On May 14, 2015
GOOD MORNING DOCS AND ODA GUD PPL IN D HOUZ. PLS I NEED A HELP. I M 3MNTHS PREGNANT.(MY 2ND ISSUE) BUT I NOTICED DAT MY TOMMY ISN'T BECOMING BIGGER AT ALL.STEADY AS IF I M STIL IN ONE MONTH. IS IT A PROBLEM? HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? TNX
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by abracadabraspec(f): 3:41pm On May 14, 2015
Doc, I gave birth to my son 22months ago tru CS, I stopped breastfeeding him at 9months begins my period last year December though not d regular flow as when I haven't givin birth n it only flow for 2 days. Now I want to get pregnant to have 2nd baby. My hubby n I sex at least 2wice in a week but still no pregnancy.
PlzzZzzzzzzz wat can I do or can d CS be d problem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2015
Consy11:
GOOD MORNING DOCS AND ODA GUD PPL IN D HOUZ. PLS I NEED A HELP. I M 3MNTHS PREGNANT.(MY 2ND ISSUE) BUT I NOTICED DAT MY TOMMY ISN'T BECOMING BIGGER AT ALL.STEADY AS IF I M STIL IN ONE MONTH. IS IT A PROBLEM? HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? TNX
Hi,

I know you are "experienced in being pregnant" cheesy, but three months pregnancy is supposed to be barely noticeable, except in some skinny ladies who wear tight-fitting gowns. The baby is barely out of the pelvis, so I do not think you should worry about that.

Having said that, do a scan. This should comfirm that all is well in terms of growth and development of the baby and placenta.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by faithinGod: 5:05pm On May 14, 2015
Good day dr., please i need help, i went for a test and was dagnonize with culture heavy growth of Staphylococcus aureus and drugs were prescribe can hb take this drugs along with me or he should go for his own test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by FavourEmma: 5:06pm On May 14, 2015
Hi,
Good evening Doctor,
I had cramping for a week before my period finally came on the normal date... I was expecting pregnancy cuz..I haven't experienced such cramping before...Please is it normal? Kindly help me.
Thank You.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 14, 2015
gud evening doc.pls i had an incomplete miscarriage in january and so d doctor had to perform a d and c on me and since den i have bin ttc.i am so desperate now and will really appreciate ur advice.i have been taking pregnacare conception and my period has been regular,i hope dia is no problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2015
faithinGod:
Good day dr., please i need help, i went for a test and was dagnonize with culture heavy growth of Staphylococcus aureus and drugs were prescribe can hb take this drugs along with me or he should go for his own test.
If I told you the Staph is a contaminant, you would not be satisfied.

Repeat the test at another lab and compare the results. You would see it will most likely bring a different result.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2015
FavourEmma:
Hi,
Good evening Doctor,
I had cramping for a week before my period finally came on the normal date... I was expecting pregnancy cuz..I haven't experienced such cramping before...Please is it normal? Kindly help me.
Thank You.
It could jusf be dysmenorrhea (menstrual pains) or part of PMS (pre menstrual syndrome). Both are common and not usually "serious".

A remote possibility is a pregnancy that has aborted just before the time of expected menses. A quick blood pregnancy test will comfirm or refute this.

If the test is negative, then just watch out for a similar symptom on your next cycle and report to a doctor then.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:51pm On May 14, 2015
chinma414:
gud evening doc.pls i had an incomplete miscarriage in january and so d doctor had to perform a d and c on me and since den i have bin ttc.i am so desperate now and will really appreciate ur advice.i have been taking pregnacare conception and my period has been regular,i hope dia is no problem.
Relax dear, it will come. Even in perfect conditions the chance of concieving per menstrual cycle is around 60%, part of the reason infertility is defined as a delay in conception of up to 1 year. Or how long have you been ttc?

Possible things that can adversely affect conception chances post D and C are Asherman Syndrome and a PID. The former cannot be the case, since your period is already back, while the latter could only have arisen following poor management during or post D n C, which I believe would not be the case in a proper hospital and personel.

So advice is to avoid stress and live your normal life; you would soon take in.

But you can always see your doctor for full examination and management.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 14, 2015
Gudevening doctor,pls kindly recommend any multivitamin tablets or liquid that will make me eat very well.I need to add some flesh.tanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yinkaorry(f): 11:34pm On May 14, 2015
Hi doc.I need your urgent advice.here is my hubby semen analysis result. We have been trying to get preg for almost a year now . before we got married we never used condom for almost ten years. We adopted withdrawal method which pple said its nt safe.I never got preg during that course.below is the result
First test: highly viscous,
sperm concentration: 1.2x10 6ml
total sperm count: 3.0x10 6
volume: 2.5ml
Motile: 40%
Active motile 10%
Immotile 60%
Morphology 83% abnormal form
Second test: viscosity normal
Volume: 2.5ml
Sperm count concentration:3.2 x10 6ml
Total sperm count: 8.0 x 10 6
Motile spermatozoa: 45%
Actively motile: 20%
Weakly Immotile: 25%
Immotile:55%
Morphology: 69% abnormal form

A lab attendant told him that cure to this is jus sugery and that d condition is so bad.. right now UCH doctors are on strike. No one to attend to us.myhubby has not be finding this easyooo..pls advise ifvthere r drugs to correct this. Or mayb we need to takethe test else where cos we had d test at uch.thanks n God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
Goodafternoon doctors in the house. I was diagnosed with pcos, please any idea of supplements that can help boost my hormones. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
yinkaorry:
Hi doc.I need your urgent advice.here is my hubby semen analysis result. We have been trying to get preg for almost a year now . before we got married we never used condom for almost ten years. We adopted withdrawal method which pple said its nt safe.I never got preg during that course.below is the result
First test: highly viscous,
sperm concentration: 1.2x10 6ml
total sperm count: 3.0x10 6
volume: 2.5ml
Motile: 40%
Active motile 10%
Immotile 60%
Morphology 83% abnormal form
Second test: viscosity normal
Volume: 2.5ml
Sperm count concentration:3.2 x10 6ml
Total sperm count: 8.0 x 10 6
Motile spermatozoa: 45%
Actively motile: 20%
Weakly Immotile: 25%
Immotile:55%
Morphology: 69% abnormal form

A lab attendant told him that cure to this is jus sugery and that d condition is so bad.. right now UCH doctors are on strike. No one to attend to us.myhubby has not be finding this easyooo..pls advise ifvthere r drugs to correct this. Or mayb we need to takethe test else where cos we had d test at uch.thanks n God bless u

The count and morphology are very poor, the motility is sub-optimal and the viscosity is suspicious.

Wait till they resume, and see your doctors then. He would require further tests to try to find a possible cause including genetic problems.

Scroll backwards and read steps earlier outlined to improve sperm count and quality.

At the back of your minds, enquire about IVF, esp if you are around your 30s or above.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 15, 2015
omicron:
Relax dear, it will come. Even in perfect conditions the chance of concieving per menstrual cycle is around 60%, part of the reason infertility is defined as a delay in conception of up to 1 year. Or how long have you been ttc?

Possible things that can adversely affect conception chances post D and C are Asherman Syndrome and a PID. The former cannot be the case, since your period is already back, while the latter could only have arisen following poor management during or post D n C, which I believe would not be the case in a proper hospital and personel.

So advice is to avoid stress and live your normal life; you would soon take in.

But you can always see your doctor for full examination and management.
thanks a lot.i feel relieved now.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Consy11(f): 9:47pm On May 15, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

I know you are "experienced in being pregnant" cheesy, but three months pregnancy is supposed to be barely noticeable, except in some skinny ladies who wear tight-fitting gowns. The baby is barely out of the pelvis, so I do not think you should worry about that.

Having said that, do a scan. This should comfirm that all is well in terms of growth and development of the baby and placenta.

All the best
TNX A MILLION! I LL GO FOR SCAN PROBABLY, NXT WEEK.
ANODA PROBLEM IS DAT I USUALLY XPERIENCE PAINS AROUND MY LOWER ABDONMEN, WAS NOT LIKE DAT DURING MY FIRST PREGNANCY. PLS WHAT COULD BE DE CAUSE? TNX

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2015
Consy11:

TNX A MILLION! I LL GO FOR SCAN PROBABLY, NXT WEEK.
ANODA PROBLEM IS DAT I USUALLY XPERIENCE PAINS AROUND MY LOWER ABDONMEN, WAS NOT LIKE DAT DURING MY FIRST PREGNANCY. PLS WHAT COULD BE DE CAUSE? TNX
That is also a common complaint in pregnancy, not a problem. This pain should however be bearable. When it becomes unbearable or unusual or associated with bleeding or drainage of baby water, please see your doctor as an emergency.

But minor lower abdominal pains only are not problems. The pains are thought to be related to stretching or expansion of the womb as baby grows.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.