Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878970 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fumbaby: 12:40pm On May 26, 2015
omicron:
Many things, from folliculitis following shaving to an STI, such as chancroid and syphilis.

HE needs a dose of antibiotics.

If the boil is any big, he will need an I & D too. This implies cutting through the boil and draining away the pus. It is a hospital procedure.

It's best for him to see a doctor to avoid complications.

All the best

Thanks doc, it's a small 1 and the boil started after shaving, although it boosted over the night......
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
Fumbaby:

Thanks doc, it's a small 1 and the boil started after shaving, although it boosted over the night......
A dose of antibiotics will do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fumbaby: 1:03pm On May 26, 2015
omicron:
A those of antibiotics will do.

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2015
CharmyBliz:

Yes am till breeastfeedin
It is not unusual for period to delay up to 6 months following delivery, especially for someone who did EBF.

I do not see any reason for worry in your case.

Your period will return in time, the less and less you BF and certainly when you stop.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 1:55pm On May 26, 2015
Hello Dr have been having serious body pain for almost a month now,could it be related to the cyst I have I. my ovaries,what should I take to relief the pains.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 2:33pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moonert(f): 6:06pm On May 26, 2015
Pls I need ur advice on this. Hubby has Low count with staph. @omicron advised that we repeat d semen analysis in a different lab which we did n d result was almost d same as d previous. total count per mill. 18 million active motile 10% sluggish motile 25% dead 65% with moderate growth of Staphylococcus aureus. Our Dr. recommended 10days of cipro for us and fertile aid with motility boost for him. Should we treat d staph before commencing the fertile aid n motility boost? And pls is there any other supplements that can be taken in addition to those prescribed for us for better and faster results?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rejoice03: 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
Gudevenin doc! God bless u 4 d work here, kindly Interprete my dh result;
Isolated: staphylococus spp isolated Appearance- creamy opalescent Volume - 2ml Viscosity- normovisid PH- 8 Shape/size defects - normal 40% Small 20% Large 10% Tapering 20% Pyriform nil Amorphous nil Double head 10% Double tail nil
Vitality- alive 70% Dead 30% Motility rapid progressive 40% Slow/sluggish 30% Non progressive 30%
Count- 89.4 *10E6/ml Total count- 178.8 *10E6/ejaculation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2015
hotmomma:
hi doc, please what can we do, my period is very regular but i have been trying for over a year to conceive but to no avail. hubby's count is 45million with 20percent active, and 25percent motile. pls what is your recommendation?
Dh's sperm activity/motility is quite low.

Lifestyle changes to boost sperm health are recommended. Exercise, stopping alcohol and smoking, maintaining normal weight, and healthy eating. Avoiding habits that increase scrotal temperature such as use of laptops on the laps, tight underpants, frequent hot baths. Vitamin, mineral and anti-oxidant supplementation.

Some people use fertilaid, but I have no practical experience with it yet.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2015
Kudibaby:
Hello Dr have been having serious body pain for almost a month now,could it be related to the cyst I have I. my ovaries,what should I take to relief the pains.thanks
Cyst could cause pains in the lower abdominal regions, especially when they twist on themselves, bleed, or when they are so big.

General body pain is unlikely to be due to your cyst.

Do you have any other symptoms like fever, vommiting or headache?

Paracetamol may relieve the pain. If it does not, and you are not an ulcer patient or have any other reason not to take NSAIDS, you may take Diclofenac tablets 100mg 12hourly for 3 days.

Then see your doctor if the pains continue or get worse.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2015
rejoice03:
Gudevenin doc! God bless u 4 d work here, kindly Interprete my dh result;

Isolated: staphylococus spp isolated
Appearance- creamy opalescent
Volume - 2ml
Viscosity- normovisid
PH- 8
Shape/size defects - normal 40%
Small 20%
Large 10%
Tapering 20%
Pyriform nil
Amorphous nil
Double head 10%
Double tail nil

Vitality- alive 70%
Dead 30%
Motility rapid progressive 40%
Slow/sluggish 30%
Non progressive 30%

Count- 89.4 *10E6/ml
Total count- 178.8 *10E6/ejaculation.
The sperm count is within normal range.

The sperm motility is 40% where the normal is 50% and above. So his is slighlty short of the expected minimum. This parameter is the most important when it comes to male fertility.

40% have normal morphology, or formed well. This is just about the minimum expected of the normal

Generally, it is not a bad result, but if he has any lifestyle habits inimical to sperm health, this is the best time to adjust to avoid further damage and improve on the present, especially the motility.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rejoice03: 10:49pm On May 26, 2015
Thks doc he will work on it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by staggerlee: 5:25am On May 27, 2015
Hi guys,
Please am a bit worried about something. Since sunday have been trying to have sex but I can't with my wife. I get hard easily, but at the point of penetration, my penis weakens. Just recently, my wife was even teasing me that I have started lasting longer than normal, I attributed that to my usage of folic acid cos we are also TTC. What could be the issue? What can I use to correct this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 7:25am On May 27, 2015
thanks a lot omicron. God bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ify84(m): 7:28am On May 27, 2015
Similar problem as above... Just married, will have erection in my boxer, remove it to insert after some pre-intimacy, the penis will go ground zero... More romance to bring it up prove abortive.... I think I have suffered weak erection as a result of some mastubation few months before I married, never had real sex but mastubate once a while... Pls what drug can I go to the pharmacy to buy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by staggerlee: 7:31am On May 27, 2015
ify84:
Similar problem as above... Just married, will have erection in my boxer, remove it to insert after some pre-intimacy, the penis will go ground zero... More romance to bring it up prove abortive.... I think I have suffered weak erection as a result of some mastubation few months before I married, never had real sex but mastubate once a while... Pls what drug can I go to the pharmacy to buy
I have never mastubated before
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ify84(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2015
staggerlee:

I have never mastubated before

maybe i shd have had SEX all these while... this weak erection may have been caused by some mastubating
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ify84(m): 7:39am On May 27, 2015
omicron:
The sperm count is within normal range.

The sperm motility is 40% where the normal is 50% and above. So his is slighlty short of the expected minimum. This parameter is the most important when it comes to male fertility.

40% have normal morphology, or formed well. This is just about the minimum expected of the normal

Generally, it is not a bad result, but if he has any lifestyle habits inimical to sperm health, this is the best time to adjust to avoid further damage and improve on the present, especially the motility.

All the best

ur attention needed pls....to my question above...the drugs i can walk to ny phamacy to buy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2015
staggerlee:
Hi guys,
Please am a bit worried about something. Since sunday have been trying to have sex but I can't with my wife. I get hard easily, but at the point of penetration, my penis weakens. Just recently, my wife was even teasing me that I have started lasting longer than normal, I attributed that to my usage of folic acid cos we are also TTC. What could be the issue? What can I use to correct this?
Most erectile dysfunctions (ED) in otherwise healthy young men are thought to be mainly psychogenic (a thing of the mind); as such, long term solutions involve some counselling (psychotherapy) which your wife can even start.

Since your own started rather abrubtly (precisely since Sunday), it could also be something else, such as side effects of a drug you started recently.

Many drugs have ED as side effects especially drugs used in treating hypertension and recreational drugs.

Diabetes is also a common cause.

Drugs used in treating ED are effective, but are also prescription medicines and so I cannot prescribe them online.

All the best.
ify84:

Like his, your problem is mainly psychological especially considering your history of relative inexperience.

Calm down. Be natural with your wife. Do not see sex as a performance, but rather as a play. In time, it will all go away.

Masturbation is not a cause of ED, but may predispose to quick ejaculationn or pre-condition your system to getting sexual pleasure through masturbation alone. In that way, real sex may prove less enjoyable (less intense orgasm) than masturbation.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ify84(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2015
omicron:
Most erectile dysfunctions (ED) in otherwise healthy young men are thought to be mainly psychogenic (a thing of the mind); as such, long term solutions involve some counselling (psychotherapy) which your wife can even start.

Since your own started rather abrubtly (precisely since Sunday), it could also be something else, such as side effects of a drug you started recently.

Many drugs have ED as side effects especially drugs used in treating hypertension and recreational drugs.

Diabetes is also a common cause.

Drugs used in treating ED are effective, but are also prescription medicines and so I cannot prescribe them online.

All the best.

Like his, your problem is mainly psychological especially considering your history of relative inexperience.

Calm down. Be natural with your wife. Do not see sex as a performance, but rather as a play. In time, it will all go away.

Masturbation is not a cause of ED, but may predispose to quick ejaculationn or pre-condition your system to getting sexual pleasure through masturbation alone. In that way, real sex may prove less enjoyable (less intense orgasm) than masturbation.

All the best

Thank you... I have actually be thinking so much... From wedding period, thinking how to get money to do d wedding... And after d wedding, I started wondering how I can survive d marriage, especially now my work is not in season... At a point, I was nearing depression level...

Is there a drug for depression or anxiety... I think too much lately
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 9:04pm On May 27, 2015
omicron:
Cyst could cause pains in the lower abdominal regions, especially when they twist on themselves, bleed, or when they are so big.

General body pain is unlikely to be due to your cyst.

Do you have any other symptoms like fever, vommiting or headache?

Paracetamol may relieve the pain. If it does not, and you are not an ulcer patient or have any other reason not to take NSAIDS, you may take Diclofenac tablets 100mg 12hourly for 3 days.

Then see your doctor if the pains continue or get worse.
thank you Dr,yes I do have headache,feverish condition a times,no vomit.can I take the drugs as I am ttc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:23am On May 28, 2015
ify84:

Thank you... I have actually be thinking so much... From wedding period, thinking how to get money to do d wedding... And after d wedding, I started wondering how I can survive d marriage, especially now my work is not in season... At a point, I was nearing depression level...

Is there a drug for depression or anxiety... I think too much lately
There are but they are usually used as last resort and for major clinical depression.

You should be fine without drugs.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:25am On May 28, 2015
Kudibaby:
thank you Dr,yes I do have headache,feverish condition a times,no vomit.can I take the drugs as I am ttc
Yes, you can take it as a ttc, but not when already pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RashMe(f): 8:26am On May 28, 2015
Hello Doc Micron, pls am presently pregnant but 41wks counting, baby is 4.5kg and am yet to see any show or sign of contraction. Am getting worried cos my first pregnancy (4.5kg also) was 10 months and 2wks before my water broke with no sign of contraction or show but I later lost d baby 2days after delivery. Pls what can I take to reduce baby weight and start contraction Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MumZ(f): 8:39am On May 28, 2015
RashMe:
Hello Doc Micron, pls am presently pregnant but 41wks counting, baby is 4.5kg and am yet to see any show or sign of contraction. Am getting worried cos my first pregnancy (4.5kg also) was 10 months and 2wks before my water broke with no sign of contraction or show but I later lost d baby 2days after delivery. Pls what can I take to reduce baby weight and start contraction Thanks

Pls o, I'm not a doctor but I can tell u deer is noting u can take 2 reduce baby weight. Pls don't b deceived. If baby is2 big, d only option is a cs session. U know ur history, pls don't take chances. Hope u r using a qualified hospital o. Cos dey shld b teln u d options available 2 u now, not reducing baby weight. Pls n pls, b wise. U shall not cast ur young a second time. It is well wit u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2015
RashMe:
At 41+ weeks your pregnancy is already too prolonged to be left to continue to progress.

What did your doctors say? Are you diabetic? Have you had your blood sugar checked in this pregnancy?

It's one of two choices: allow vaginal delivery and risk recurrence of what happened before or do a Caeserean...

Only the doctors managing you can authoritatively say which is best for you as managing situations like this is usually individualised.

Personally, I would have favoured an elective CS for you though, considering your past obstetric history, the big baby and that you have no live baby yet (Hope this is correct).

Nothing reduces the weight of the baby. Instead, he grows more as the days pass.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RashMe(f): 12:32pm On May 28, 2015
omicron:
At 41+ weeks your pregnancy is already too prolonged to be left to continue to progress.

What did your doctors say? Are you diabetic? Have you had your blood sugar checked in this pregnancy?

It's one of two choices: allow vaginal delivery and risk recurrence of what happened before or do a Caeserean...

Only the doctors managing you can authoritatively say which is best for you as managing situations like this is usually individualised.

Personally, I would have favoured an elective CS for you though, considering your past obstetric history, the big baby and that you have no live baby yet (Hope this is correct).

Nothing reduces the weight of the baby. Instead, he grows more as the days pass.

All the best.

Thanks Doc, am not diabetic and my blood sugar is normal. Doc says i can have vaginal delivery. I actually saw 'show' dis morning and i went to d clinic, i was giving some oral drugs smashed in hot water and castor oil. Was told to come back by 7pm or as soon as contraction starts. I got home about 30mins ago and have gone to d toilet thrice and i feel lighter.

Dont have much experience about what contraction entails.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RashMe(f): 12:34pm On May 28, 2015
MumZ:

Pls o, I'm not a doctor but I can tell u deer is noting u can take 2 reduce baby weight. Pls don't b deceived. If baby is2 big, d only option is a cs session. U know ur history, pls don't take chances. Hope u r using a qualified hospital o. Cos dey shld b teln u d options available 2 u now, not reducing baby weight. Pls n pls, b wise. U shall not cast ur young a second time. It is well wit u.

Amen ma, thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 3:11pm On May 28, 2015
RashMe:

Thanks Doc, am not diabetic and my blood sugar is normal. Doc says i can have vaginal delivery. I actually saw 'show' dis morning and i went to d clinic, i was giving some oral drugs smashed in hot water and castor oil. Was told to come back by 7pm or as soon as contraction starts. I got home about 30mins ago and have gone to d toilet thrice and i feel lighter.

Dont have much experience about what contraction entails.
ok.

The castor oil is meant to stimulate some degree of bowel motion ("purging" ), which in turn should stimulate uterine contractions, so it's a form of induction of labour.

Contractions are pains that come and go. Last less than a minute when they come. The pains may start from the lower abdomen. But when it gets more serious it pains all over the abdomen, and finally the waist and back. They are what are called 'labour pains' in lay terms. When you have contractions, apart from the pains, you get the feeling that your tommy is becoming "hard" while it lasts. This is more obvious when the contraction is stronger.

Wishing you adequate contractions wink and safe delivery.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoomama(f): 3:44pm On May 28, 2015
Heloo Dr, pls I have a problem that has been bothering me for sometime now, I had a cs early 2013, and up till now, have not seen my period expect when induced, have seen diff Dr's, but none could tell me what the problem is, that from scans, am okay, is this normal?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2015
udoomama:
Heloo Dr, pls I have a problem that has been bothering me for sometime now, I had a cs early 2013, and up till now, have not seen my period expect when induced, have seen diff Dr's, but none could tell me what the problem is, that from scans, am okay, is this normal?
How do you mean, "when induced"?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 7:38pm On May 28, 2015
omicron:
Yes, you can take it as a ttc, but not when already pregnant.
thanks a lot dr

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.