Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878123 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Peacewealth(f): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2015
omicron:
First, why are you anxious? am anxious cos i dont know if am pregnant or the side effect of the drug

y not do a serum PT and take it from there? i ll do that today but am nervous about the outcome Do not worry yet smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yinkes(f): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pls Doc, I haven't seen my period since I delivered my baby 8 months ago and not pregnant either. I don't know if it is normal and am still breast feeding. What can I do. Thanks in anticipation of a reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ucmummy(f): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
DR pls am 11 weeks pregnant i noticed that when am sitting or laying on my back i see a pulse like jump on my tommy in rhythm with my breath ,i don't kn why
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
hello Dr,pls could I be having an irregular period,it used to be a 28days cycle,but last month it came CD 26,this month it's on CD 25,it 'll flow normal on the first and second day,but on the day 3 up till day 5 it 'll just be dark spotting,I don't if this is as a result of the cyst I have please,shed more light.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pls doc what does it mean when they say "Uterine cavity is deformed". Thanks n i appreciate d good work u r doing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
yinkes:
Pls Doc, I haven't seen my period since I delivered my baby 8 months ago and not pregnant either. I don't know if it is normal and am still breast feeding. What can I do. Thanks in anticipation of a reply.
Did you practise exclusive breastfeeding?

Eight months of not having seen your period while still breastfeeding is not alarming, especially if you did or are still doing exclusive breastfeeding.

But note that you could take in before your first period comes, so you should use some contraception if you do not want to risk that chance of pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
ucmummy:
DR pls am 11 weeks pregnant i noticed that when am sitting or laying on my back i see a pulse like jump on my tommy in rhythm with my breath ,i don't kn why
At 11 weeks, you cannot be feeling your baby's movements, so it couldn't be the baby's movement.

It's hard to imagine any such pulse that could coincide with your breathing.

You should check it up physically with your doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kudibaby:
hello Dr,pls could I be having an irregular period,it used to be a 28days cycle,but last month it came CD 26,this month it's on CD 25,it 'll flow normal on the first and second day,but on the day 3 up till day 5 it 'll just be dark spotting,I don't if this is as a result of the cyst I have please,shed more light.
Hi,

In theory, a cyst could cause irregular periods, but we do not know if it's the cyst that is responsible for your varying cycle length.

Moreso, the variations above are not so much, and could easily have been as a result of an error in calculation.

You should also note that the variation you noticed are still within the normal limits, so you should relax for now.

The advice is to watch it for another couple of cycles, and see what happens.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
rainyday:
Pls doc what does it mean when they say "Uterine cavity is deformed". Thanks n i appreciate d good work u r doing.
It could mean that the uterine cavity, the space inside the womb where the baby would grow in, is no longer as free as it should. It is as if something, such as a big fibroid, is pushing on the cavity from outside it, thereby limiting the cavity, or distorting it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

In theory, a cyst could cause irregular periods, but we do not know if it's the cyst that is responsible for your varying cycle length.

Moreso, the variations above are not so much, and could easily have been as a result of an error in calculation.

You should also note that the variation you noticed are still within the normal limits, so you should relax for now.

The advice is to watch it for another couple of cycles, and see what happens.
Alright thanks a lot I really appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 5:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Hello doc, kindly help out. For some days bn aving light headache, stomach ache n tiredness. The funniest thing is dt it starts at same time, though am fasting n actively ttc. Did urine hpt but came out neg. My nxt cycle is to occur nxt week. Did I test to early? Thank u in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2015
@omiron, Doc thanks so much 4 ur quick response. i was told i had fibriod wen i did d hsg in 2012(which i knw has gone by His Grace),i was goin thru d report n i saw dat portion again n it got me thinkin n worried cos no one explaind wat it meant,thanks to u i nw understand wat it means. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
mubzay:
Hello doc, kindly help out. For some days bn aving light headache, stomach ache n tiredness. The funniest thing is dt it starts at same time, though am fasting n actively ttc. Did urine hpt but came out neg. My nxt cycle is to occur nxt week. Did I test to early? Thank u in advance.
Hi,

If you next cycle is expected in a week, it may be just too early for a urine PT.

Fasting could result in headaches, due to lowered blood sugar, but stomach aches and tiredness point to a different thing altogether. It could also be Premenstrual Syndrome, if these symptoms are cyclical; ie, if they usually occur a couple of weeks or days to your next period. You should check this up with your doctor.

Do a serum PT a couple of days to your expected date of menstruation, and see.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 12:04am On Jul 12, 2015
@omicron: thank u so much. The stomach ache I have is diff fm d cramps I do av prior to AF. Thou sometimes I feel preggy signs just b4 AF shows. Bd n saw bld after wiping. Don't knw if AF is coming earlier dan expected or implantation bleeding. How do I differentiate btw d two? Also I noticed dat I didn't feel d signs I do feel when O is approaching (lower backache). Cud it be dat I didn't ovulate?
Ur reply will be appreciated. Thank u in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
mubzay:
@omicron: thank u so much. The stomach ache I have is diff fm d cramps I do av prior to AF. Thou sometimes I feel preggy signs just b4 AF shows. Bd n saw bld after wiping. Don't knw if AF is coming earlier dan expected or implantation bleeding. How do I differentiate btw d two? Also I noticed dat I didn't feel d signs I do feel when O is approaching (lower backache). Cud it be dat I didn't ovulate?
Ur reply will be appreciated. Thank u in advance.
ok.

Well, there is no way to really know which is it, except retrospectively.

Just wait it out and do a PT if need be.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 4:49am On Jul 13, 2015
omicron:
ok.

Well, there is no way to really know which is it, except restrospectively.

Just wait it out and do a PT if need be.
thank u. The flow became heavy. So its AF but will do a bld pt and uss just to knw d state of my insides. God bless u. Av a pleasant day ahead.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jennifer89(f): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2015
Dr. please what is the cause of Virginia paper cut. I'm 8 months pregnant and i experience it after intercourse
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onlynigeriangeh: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2015
Good morning doc, please am having a big challenge..I usually experience this excruciating pain after making love with my husb..its soo frustrating. I have used ky jelly but no way. I also tried petroleum jelly,that one worked but the pain came back after sometime..please help me..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hi Doc,pls i want u 2 xplain this to me. i ve noticed dat i ve a 30-31day cycle,bt on two occasions of previous cycles wen i use ovulation test kit esp wen am hving ovulation cramps i always have a positive smiley on cd14. I have read dat women wit a 28day cycle r d ones dat ovulate on cd14,while dose with 30-31days ovulate btw cd17-18. pls i need clarifications cos am actively ttc and i want to knw if my calculation is right. Thanks. NB: My flow runs 6-7days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Jennifer89:
Dr. please what is the cause of Virginia paper cut. I'm 8 months pregnant and i experience it after intercourse
Madam.

What do you mean by ''Vagina paper cut'' ?

I just can't catch the drift.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
onlynigeriangeh:
Good morning doc, please am having a big challenge..I usually experience this excruciating pain after making love with my husb..its soo frustrating. I have used ky jelly but no way. I also tried petroleum jelly,that one worked but the pain came back after sometime..please help me..

Madam.

Dyspareunia(Sexual discomfort during sex-making) can be as result of so many factors or causes.

Should we accept that you got all this pains everywhere since you weren't specific in what region of your body you have been experiencing this pain?

When has this challenge been? From when you started doing sex? Or,when,what time precisely?

Have you had any history of sexual transmitted infection(STI),Pelvic inflammatory disease(PID) or/and urinary tract infection?

Have you been this stressful?

What coita.l position often seems to ease this pain or perhaps worsened it?

Do you really observe a proper wetness before the penile penetration of your husband?

How old are you?

Do you smoke?

Are you into any medication,constantly observed by you?

How okay is your sexual life,perhaps your relationship with your husband?

How many hours or minutes do you expend on love-making before penile penetration?

You are advised to:

1)Stop using petroleum jelly.

2)do a High Vaginal Swab(HVS) or Endo-cervical Swab(ECS) to know if any causative agent such as those responsible for STI or PID or UTI may be involved.

3)See a doctor to examine you for any case with primary or situational vaginismus.

4)always be the agent causing the penile penetration i.e. don't allow your husband to penetrate into you,take the pen.is by your hand and penetrate the vag.ina slowly.

5)use sex made lubricant or surgical made lubricant.This fluid should be rubbed on the shaft of the peni.s and the floor of the vagin.al before you suffer vag.inal intromission.

6)give more time to love-making.

7)do a scan to rule out any case of endometriosis,polyps, fibroids etc.

8 )avoid using some medications if at all possible since it has been observed that few drugs contain pharmaceutical elements that causes vagina.l dryness in women.

9)Change coit.al positions as much as you can.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
rainyday:
Hi Doc,pls i want u 2 xplain this to me. i ve noticed dat i ve a 30-31day cycle,bt on two occasions of previous cycles wen i use ovulation test kit esp wen am hving ovulation cramps i always have a positive smiley on cd14. I have read dat women wit a 28day cycle r d ones dat ovulate on cd14,while dose with 30-31days ovulate btw cd17-18. pls i need clarifications cos am actively ttc and i want to knw if my calculation is right. Thanks. NB: My flow runs 6-7days
Madam.

Please,count very well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
rainyday:
@omicron can u pls attend to my question. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
rainyday:
Hi,

For those with a 30 - 31-day menstrual cycle, the ovulation is expected on the 16th to 17th day of the cycle.

The part of the cycle, from the ovulation to menstruation is thought to be constant at 14days. So, usually, if you want to get the ovulation day, all you do is take 14 away from the total number of days in the cycle (cycle length).

Accordingly, in your own case, your cycle length is 30 days. Taking 14 away from this is: 30 - 14 = 16. That is how your ovulation day is expected on the 16th day.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

For those with a 30 - 31-day menstrual cycle, the ovulation is expected on the 16th to 17th day of the cycle.

The part of the cycle, from the ovulation to menstruation is thought to be constant at 14days. So, usually, if you want to get the ovulation day, all you do is take 14 away from the total number of days in the cycle (cycle length).

Accordingly, in your own case, your cycle length is 30 days. Taking 14 away from this is: 30 - 14 = 16. That is how your ovulation day is expected on the 16th day.
Thanks Doc, but why does the ovulation test kit says positive on cd14 and I actually feel ovulation cramp dat same day. I ve never felt like dat on cd16 or 17
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
rainyday:
Thanks Doc, but why does the ovulation test kit says positive on cd14 and I actually feel ovulation cramp dat same day. I ve never felt like dat on cd16 or 17
smiley
Is your cycle regular?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
omicron:
smiley
Is your cycle regular?
embarassed not really, sometimes 29,28,and even 34 once, bt its more constant wit 30 and 31. Am just so confused. sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
rainyday:
embarassed not really, sometimes 29,28,and even 34 once, bt its more constant wit 30 and 31. Am just so confused. sad
Ok.

Well, the general rule I gave is valid.

The ovulate test kits predict an IMPENDING ovulation. It does this by detecting high levels of the leutnising hormone (LH). The level of the LH increases significantly close to the time of ovulation. It reaches its peak level about 36hours BEFORE ovulation. This event is what the test kits actually predict, which is why they are positive about 2 days to the actual ovulation day. So this explains one part of your observation.

The second part, where you seem to feel ovulation cramps on the 14th day rather than on the 16th day is rather subjective, and probably unreliable.

However, you should know that the most fertile day is not the day of the ovulation. The most fertile days are the 2 - 3 days BEFORE the day of ovulation, meaning that the test kits are still excellent predictors of your most fertile days.

So, your ovulation is still on the 16th day. The test kit is still correct. The test kit is not saying "your ovulation is today". Rather, it says: "your ovulation should occur about 36hours from now, but go meet dh now"

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Teal: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
@omicron: tnks for ur time. Want to knw if I shud be worried. AF days went from 6 days to 3 days like wise cycle length from 30-35 days to 28 days. Am actively ttc thus it affects my timing. Thou I use ovulation calculator to knw my fertile days. Am just concerned cuz bn observing bd rules frm cd 6 to cd 16. Ur response will be appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 14, 2015
omicron:
Ok.

Well, the general rule I gave is valid.

The ovulate test kits predict an IMPENDING ovulation. It does this by detecting high levels of the leutnising hormone (LH). The level of the LH increases significantly close to the time of ovulation. It reaches its peak level about 36hours BEFORE ovulation. This event is what the test kits actually predict, which is why they are positive about 2 days to the actual ovulation day. So this explains one part of your observation.

The second part, where you seem to feel ovulation cramps on the 14th day rather than on the 16th day is rather subjective, and probably unreliable.

However, you should know that the most fertile day is not the day of the ovulation. The most fertile days are the 2 - 3 days BEFORE the day of ovulation, meaning that the test kits are still excellent predictors of your most fertile days.

So, your ovulation is still on the 16th day. The test kit is still correct. The test kit is not saying "your ovulation is today". Rather, it says: "your ovulation should occur about 36hours from now, but go meet dh now"

All the best
Thanks a lot for breaking it down. May God bless u richly for taking out time to attend to us.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jennifer89(f): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.

What do you mean by ''Vagina paper cut'' ?

I just can't catch the drift.

it is a tear at the end of the Virginia . i usually experience it after intercourse even if it is well lubricated. I'm 8 months pregnant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.