Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878106 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onlynigeriangeh: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2015
thanks dr luckyg1..i usually experience the pain inside my vjay and it worsens when i pee(during same time interval). This peppery sensation lasts for about 15-20mins and then stops. It started since i started hvn sex. am 25 and dont smoke, never had any case of STI,UTI or PID and am not stressed either.We have tried different position yet same story..please shed more light on the "well lubricating before penile penetration" and example of sex lubricants..tnx dr
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
mubzay:
@omicron: tnks for ur time. Want to knw if I shud be worried. AF days went from 6 days to 3 days like wise cycle length from 30-35 days to 28 days. Am actively ttc thus it affects my timing. Thou I use ovulation calculator to knw my fertile days. Am just concerned cuz bn observing bd rules frm cd 6 to cd 16. Ur response will be appreciated.
You should not be worried.

Since you already use an ovulation predictor, what should be worrying is if there are no signs of ovulation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Teal:
Hi Doctor, Am having excruciating pain at my lower right abdomen, it happens once in a while around my ovulation period so much that am always too weak to meet with my hubby hence am still TTC for 7months now. Seen a doctor and was given antibiotics then another month, was told to do pelvic scan which I did but they couldn't find anything. Then I have very scanty period flow as well (lasts 2days)...was told to do hormone analysis which I did and tho my progesterone was low, doctor said its still ok to conceive with. I also did home prediction test but negative for ovulation. I honestly don't know what next to do but this pain right now is too much... Please, what do you think could be wrong with me?

Hi,

Sorry about your pain.

Normally, ovulation is associated with cramps, but this should not be as severe as what you described of the pain.

There are many causes of right lower abdominal pain, but since your pain is cyclical and comes close to the time of your expected ovulation, it may be something about the ovary.

It is also worrying that your ovulation kit test was negative, and that your progesterone assay was low. This predicts anovulation (lack of ovulation).

The advice is to comfirm ovulation as well as investigate the ovaries well through a transvaginal scan. Discuss with your doctor. Also minimise all sources of physical and psychological stress.

In the meantime, minimise the pain with painkillers so that it does not affect copulation when it is most needed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2015
omicron:

Since you already use an ovulation predictor, what should be worrying is if there are no signs of ovulation.
thank u so much. I do av signs of ovulation cuz it coincides wit d ovulation calculator. It is ds cycle dt I didn't feel anything not even pimples dt come alongs wit AF. It just showed after bd. Will go for a uss after AF.

Have a pleasant day.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Doctor please I need help/suggestion. I did pelvic us scan and the scan reveals: No uterine myoma or ovarian cyst noted * Cul-de-sac is free of echo fluid collection. Pls I need your explanation because I'm ttc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dr. Omicron, i sent a private mail to your email on nairaland. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Teal: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lily19: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2015
omicron:

Hello Doc, I had a myomectomy 2011, n d fibroids has since grown back, d largest is 5cm, I've bn on some natural supplements, I went for scan ystday n I was told d fibroids are degenerating. What do u think will happen after degeneration? Will it affect conception? It's multiple intramural fibroid. Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2015
honeyjoy77:
Doctor please I need help/suggestion. I did pelvic us scan and the scan reveals: No uterine myoma or ovarian cyst noted * Cul-de-sac is free of echo fluid collection. Pls I need your explanation because I'm ttc.
Everything reported is normal. In particular, no fibroids, no cysts and no evidence of PID
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Teal:

Hello Doctor, Really appreciate your response. God bless you. So I went to the hospital and was told to do HVS/Urine M/c/s and pelvic USS. I got the result for my pelvic USS today, waiting on the HVS/Urine result before I see my doctor next...don't know why most of these their handwritings always almost unreadable tho but here is it, " non-gravid anteverted uterus with clear endometrial plate and uniform myometrial echoes. Both adnexae are free. POD contains very significant fluid. Conc: Chronic PID. I understand the PID aspect, please explain the result. Thanks
Every other thing reported is normal. In particular, no evidence of fibroids or cyst, and the lining of the womb is normal

POD containing significant fluid may support a clinical diagnosis of PID.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
lily19:

Hello Doc, I had a myomectomy 2011, n d fibroids has since grown back, d largest is 5cm, I've bn on some natural supplements, I went for scan ystday n I was told d fibroids are degenerating. What do u think will happen after degeneration? Will it affect conception? It's multiple intramural fibroid. Thank u
Fibroid degeneration will not affect chances of conception.

Is it the same place you get the supplements that also did the scan for you?

The 5cm, is it the former size of the fibroids or the present size?

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
omicron:
Everything reported is normal. In particular, no fibroids, no cysts and no evidence of PID

Thanks. What is the meaning of PID? My doctor told that I'm not ovulate very well. Please will this result affect conception.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lily19: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
omicron:
Fibroid degeneration will not affect chances of conception.

Is it the same place you get the supplements that also did the scan for you?

The 5cm, is it the former size of the fibroids or the present size?

All the best

Thank u so much for d reply. No, d present scan was done in a different diagnostic center. Before taking d supplement d largest was 5cm (that was April) while d present scan showed it's still 5cm with features of degeneration. Before I started d medication d size was increasing almost every other month. Now no more pains, no breakthrough bleeding n less blood loss during my MP. Given dis situation wit multiple fibroids, can implantation occur? Sorry for d many questions, thanks again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tmega: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello doc, Initial test done revealed azospermia, conclusion made by d gyn based on further tests was Bilateral varicocele, Epididymal cyst r/o spermatocoele. D only option gyn gave was surgery. Gyn in d house, pls what is your advice, any alternative therapy?? Been married for over 3yrs n never conceived. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nomzylicious(f): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello Doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Teal: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
omicron:

Appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
honeyjoy77:

Thanks. What is the meaning of PID? My doctor told that I'm not ovulate very well. Please will this result affect conception.
PID means pelvic inflammatory disease, which means an infection involving the inner reproductive organs.

Ovulation is the single most important determinant of female fertility.

Let your doctor explain to you more about the specific ovulatory problems you have.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
lily19:

Thank u so much for d reply. No, d present scan was done in a different diagnostic center. Before taking d supplement d largest was 5cm (that was April) while d present scan showed it's still 5cm with features of degeneration. Before I started d medication d size was increasing almost every other month. Now no more pains, no breakthrough bleeding n less blood loss during my MP. Given dis situation wit multiple fibroids, can implantation occur? Sorry for d many questions, thanks again.
Intramural fibroids seldom cause such problems.

But at 5cm the size is still significant enough to cause problems with implantation, due to distortion of the endometrial cavity

The point is that the size is still large. You should follow it up closely.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 1:00am On Jul 17, 2015
omicron:
PID means pelvic inflammatory disease, which means an infection involving the inner reproductive organs.

Ovulation is the single most important determinant of female fertility.

Let your doctor explain to you more about the specific ovulatory problems you have.
I really appreciate your prompt response. There is another thing that I want you to explain to me. The urinalysis result shows; Colour: yellow and clear, PH:5.5, Glucose:++. Is it normal?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lily19: 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
omicron:
Intramural fibroids seldom cause such problems.

But at 5cm the size is still significant enough to cause problems with implantation, due to distortion of the endometrial cavity

The point is that the size is still large. You should follow it up closely.

Ok, thank u very much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=omicron post=35946121][/quote]
Hello Doc. I took some contraceptive pills (sendinor) 4months ago, few days after I took it, I had my period (normal) but when it ws time for the next flow, it didn't come so I missed a whole month. The next month after, I saw it and it was also normal (5days). My cycle used to be 28 days, But now, it isn't stable any more cos somtimes its 28 somtimes 30 and now I counted 35 day (all my counts are accurate). though before taking the pill, iv never been bothered about my cycle but now...So please what could be the cause of the unstable/late period? and please do I need to go for some test cos I remembered my 'he' complained of boil on his p_nis few days after intimacy
Thanks for your quick response in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2015
Nomzylicious:
Hello Doc. I am having missed period which was supposed to start on d 7th of july. I did home pregnancy test and it showed negative. I was advised to do an infection test cos it do stop menses sometimes. And d result showed (CULTURE: Yeilded Growth of candida alblian) and other things I cudnt read. But my breast is bigger and fuller, and I urinate often I do have cramps like I want to menstruate. Is there a possibility of me being pregnant? Waiting for your reply in anticipation..
Hi,

If you are pregnant, the PT should have been positive.

Candidiasis will not cause that, and it is easy to treat.

Advice: Do a proper laboratory serum PT. If it remains negative, relax and watch it. If it fails to return after the 7th of August, you will need some investigations.

It may just be that you are too worried.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2015
honeyjoy77:

I really appreciate your prompt response. There is another thing that I want you to explain to me. The urinalysis result shows; Colour: yellow and clear, PH:5.5, Glucose:++. Is it normal?
Glucose ++ is an abnormal result, indicative of excess blood sugar.

Do a fasting blood sugar to rule out Diabetes.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:15am On Jul 18, 2015
Pepemi:

Hello Doc. I took some contraceptive pills (sendinor) 4months ago, few days after I took it, I had my period (normal) but when it ws time for the next flow, it didn't come so I missed a whole month. The next month after, I saw it and it was also normal (5days). My cycle used to be 28 days, But now, it isn't stable any more cos somtimes its 28 somtimes 30 and now I counted 35 day (all my counts are accurate). though before taking the pill, iv never been bothered about my cycle but now...So please what could be the cause of the unstable/late period? and please do I need to go for some test cos I remembered my 'he' complained of boil on his p_nis few days after intimacy
Thanks for your quick response in advance.
It is the Sendinor. All hormone-based contraceptives cause irregular menstruation as a side effect.

Your dh should investigate the boil and treat accordingly.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
[quote author=omicron post=35991682][/quote] Thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
@omicron: what can I do to increase my chances of conception? Do bd every other day. Tnk u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.