Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895410 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kaycee676(f): 1:19am On Jun 20, 2015
omicron:
It is best to avoid avoidable drugs until at least the 10th week from your last period has passed. Only folic acid is completely safe before then.

You can commence others after your first trimester.

Tanks doc. So am on de right track by taking folic acid for now or should I stop it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Popsicle: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Hi Docs. I am 10weeks pregnant and saw blood when i peed yesterday evening but it was not much. It stopped but started slightly this morning
I know i have to go to the hospital but right now its raining heavily and i cant drive under such conditions. Pls what can i do before i go to the hospital? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2015
kaycee676:

Tanks doc. So am on de right track by taking folic acid for now or should I stop it?
Continue the folic acid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2015
Popsicle:
Hi Docs. I am 10weeks pregnant and saw blood when i peed yesterday evening but it was not much. It stopped but started slightly this morning
I know i have to go to the hospital but right now its raining heavily and i cant drive under such conditions. Pls what can i do before i go to the hospital? Thanks
Bed Rest. Complete rest. Then go to hospital asap. There, you get necessary tests and ultrasound, continue bedrest under mild sedation.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
omicron:
HSG is painful to some women and not for others. The degree of pain varies too. If you normally feel pain during pelvic exam, you are sure to feel pain during HSG. They may give you a painkiller injection before the procedure to reduce pain, and a sedative to reduce anxiety.

There is a possibility of infection, but it is uncommon. You may be given a broadspectrum antibioctic oncr, just before the procedure.
thanks a lot Dr,actually am supposed to go for theHSG is used to check for the patency of your tubes. If you are ttc or have had miscarriages, and the HSG has been advised, you have to do it.

Just try and be less anxious. In less than 10 minutes, you would have finished.

All the best
thanks a lot Dr,actually I am supposed to go for the Hsg today but I have been having signs of O since yesterday,I don't no if it may a bfp for me this cycle as I am ttc,can I still do it or wait till my next cycle.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by darisgod(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hello doctor!!!

Before I had my daughter I have always had liquid substance cuming out of my b**bs, now I have a child of 2yrs I still ve liquid whenever I press it ..what should I do

*i went to see a gyny b4 I got married ..he told me to buy one drug like dat.*cant remember d name, I bought it for 3k den ...d drug is in a very small continer n it makes one drowsy after use
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Popsicle: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
omicron:
Bed Rest. Complete rest. Then go to hospital asap. There, you get necessary tests and ultrasound, continue bedrest under mild sedation.

All the best.

Thanks for your response. Just back from the hospital where a scan was carried out and the report said i had a blighted ovum. Instead of a 10week old pregnancy scan showed 6weeks and no fetal activity. I was told to come back for an evacuation this evening but presently i m in so much pain cos the bleeding has intensified. Pls is it advisable to do the evacuation or wait for the foetus to expel itself? Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:13am On Jun 21, 2015
Kudibaby:
thanks a lot Dr,actually I am supposed to go for the Hsg today but I have been having signs of O since yesterday,I don't no if it may a bfp for me this cycle as I am ttc,can I still do it or wait till my next cycle.thanks
HSG is supposed to be done right after the menstruation before ovulation. Usually day 6 of the MC is good. If you are ovulating, you should wait till your next cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Popsicle:

Thanks for your response. Just back from the hospital where a scan was carried out and the report said i had a blighted ovum. Instead of a 10week old pregnancy scan showed 6weeks and no fetal activity. I was told to come back for an evacuation this evening but presently i m in so much pain cos the bleeding has intensified. Pls is it advisable to do the evacuation or wait for the foetus to expel itself? Thank you
Sorry about that.

If there is no viable fetus and you are bleeding, you should have the evacuation.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jennifer89(f): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2015
Hello Dr. I am 7 months pregnant and i have been have foul smelly discharge and itching. i went to see ma doc yesterday and he said I should take augmentin tab and clotrimazole carbine passeri. it is ok for me to use them?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udysweet(f): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Infact this is d reason I entered dis thread today and lo and behold someone has posted it already,lol! I had opened a thread on it back then sef. I hav d same issue,and wish d doc wld attend to it. It been on for years for me,I'm worried. Pls @omicron you're needed sir,God bless
darisgod:
Hello doctor!!!

Before I had my daughter I have always had liquid substance cuming out of my b**bs, now I have a child of 2yrs I still ve liquid whenever I press it ..what should I do

*i went to see a gyny b4 I got married ..he told me to buy one drug like dat.*cant remember d name, I bought it for 3k den ...d drug is in a very small continer n it makes one drowsy after use
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jennifer89:
Hello Dr. I am 7 months pregnant and i have been have foul smelly discharge and itching. i went to see ma doc yesterday and he said I should take augmentin tab and clotrimazole carbine passeri. it is ok for me to use them?
Augmentin tablet is relatively safe to use at 7 months pregnancy. No problem, so long as its use is indicated.

Clotrimazole persary is also safe for the treatment of candidiasis in pregnancy.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
darisgod:
Hello doctor!!!
udysweet:
Infact this is d reason I entered dis thread today and lo and behold someone has posted it already,lol! I had opened a thread on it back then sef. I hav d same issue,and wish d doc wld attend to it. It been on for years for me,I'm worried. Pls @omicron you're needed sir,God bless
Hi,

Commonest cause of discharge from the breast is abnormally high prolactin hormone (hyperprolactinaemia).

Apart from breast discharge, it can also cause menstrual disturbances and lack of ovulation.

You can comfirm by doing a bood test to measure your prolactin hormone. You should also have a breast exam to exclude the less likely causes of a breast discharge.

High prolactin is treatable, and curable when the cause is known.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udysweet(f): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Many thanks doc. I saw two doc last year ;one a gynae,and the oda was d one doin breast and cervical cancer screening. If der is a way I can get you in private I.e send u an email were I can explain more. I'm a bit bothered and don't want to pour out everytin here
omicron:
Hi,

Commonest cause of discharge from the breast is abnormally high prolactin hormone (hyperprolactinaemia).

Apart from breast discharge, it can also cause menstrual disturbances and lack of ovulation.

You can comfirm by doing a bood test to measure your prolactin hormone. You should also have a breast exam to exclude the less likely causes of a breast discharge.

High prolactin is treatable, and curable when the cause is known.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
udysweet:
Many thanks doc. I saw two doc last year ;one a gynae,and the oda was d one doin breast and cervical cancer screening. If der is a way I can get you in private I.e send u an email were I can explain more. I'm a bit bothered and don't want to pour out everytin here
Ok. You may PM me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udysweet(f): 6:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Done sir
omicron:
Ok. You may PM me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aim07(f): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
Doctor, please i will like to ask the following questions from u
1. during my first pregnancy i was told i am hepatatis B positive and was not treated. A nurse told me then that i could treat it later. The problem now is that i was not able to treat it and now am pregnant again, abt three months gone. What should i do? please advise.
2. Apart from pregnacare, what are other alternative multivitamins that can be taken during pregnancy in Nigeria?
3. During my first pregnancy i did not take any TT vaccine, can i still take it now and at what week of pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wealthysandy(f): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Tanks doc,we hav been having unprotected sex for 3 yrs b4 we got married 6 months ago and since den (marriage)we'v been trying to conceive,sperm comes out after we meet,and I dnt even kno if I ovulate or not because I have never seen a sign or noticed it,I even took chlomid, tenderness of breast b4 menstuation(two wks to mc)...-i hav done scan and treated pelvic inflamatory infection both wit injection and augumentin(last month)dnt kno wat else to do and am really worried
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cool83(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
please doc, i wnt to know if stature affect child bearing. i heard that ladies that are short and slim usually go through CS, due to their pelvic.please how true is this. tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
Aim07:
Doctor, please i will like to ask the following questions from u
1. during my first pregnancy i was told i am hepatatis B positive and was not treated. A nurse told me then that i could treat it later. The problem now is that i was not able to treat it and now am pregnant again, abt three months gone. What should i do? please advise.
2. Apart from pregnacare, what are other alternative multivitamins that can be taken during pregnancy in Nigeria?
3. During my first pregnancy i did not take any TT vaccine, can i still take it now and at what week of pregnancy?
1. You should repeat the test to see if you are still positive. If positive, your baby should receive hepatitis B immunoglobulin at birth to prevent mother-to-child transmission.

2. I don't know of any brand of multivitamins safe for use in pregnancy. The most important ones are iron, calcium, folic acid and vitamin c. They are available as individual tablets.

3.You can take it now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
wealthysandy:
Tanks doc,we hav been having unprotected sex for 3 yrs b4 we got married 6 months ago and since den (marriage)we'v been trying to conceive,sperm comes out after we meet,and I dnt even kno if I ovulate or not because I have never seen a sign or noticed it,I even took chlomid, tenderness of breast b4 menstuation(two wks to mc)...-i hav done scan and treated pelvic inflamatory infection both wit injection and augumentin(last month)dnt kno wat else to do and am really worried
Sperm coming out after sex is not abnormal.

Breast tenderness 2 weeks to menses could be a sign of ovulation.

Has ur dh done his semen analysis?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Cool83:
please doc, i wnt to know if stature affect child bearing. i heard that ladies that are short and slim usually go through CS, due to their pelvic.please how true is this. tnx
The most important thing is the pelvic bones.

Both short and tall ladies can have a problem of inadequate pelvis that would make vaginal birth difficult or impossible.

Unless the shortness you mean is pathological (dwarfism), height alone does not determine the success of vaginal delivery.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wealthysandy(f): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Tanks a lot doc.dat should b our next step eventhough he believes he is kk.can u pls suggest any gud gynacologist in benin cos am new here and dnt really kno much of dem
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
wealthysandy:
Tanks a lot doc.dat should b our next step eventhough he believes he is kk.can u pls suggest any gud gynacologist in benin cos am new here and dnt really kno much of dem

You really don't have to make an appointment with a gynaecologist before a Semen Analysis need be done.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aim07(f): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2015
omicron:
1. You should repeat the test to see if you are still positive. If positive, your baby should receive hepatitis B immunoglobulin at birth to prevent mother-to-child transmission.

2. I don't know of any brand of multivitamins safe for use in pregnancy. The most important ones are iron, calcium, folic acid and vitamin c. They are available as individual tablets.

3.You can take it now.
Tanks alot Dr, can you please recognize a good hospital in Lagos where i can treat myself. Does my husband need to be treated as well?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
Aim07:

Tanks alot Dr, can you please recognize a good hospital in Lagos where i can treat myself. Does my husband need to be treated as well?
You are welcome. Public tertiary hospitals in Lagos such as LUTH offer standard clinical care. Private hospitals such as Reddinton, Eko and Lagoon are also reputable.

There are many others too.

More importantly, you should register for your antenatal at a hospital where you can easily consult a consultant Obstetrician.

Your dh should be tested too. If he is positive, he will be managed according to the protocol for managing hepatitis B infection.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
omicron:
You are welcome. Public tertiary hospitals in Lagos such as LUTH offer standard clinical care. Private hospitals such as Reddinton, Eko and Lagoon are also reputable.

There are many others too.

More importantly, you should register for your antenatal at a hospital where you can easily consult a consultant Obstetrician.

Your dh should be tested too. If he is positive, he will be managed according to the protocol for managing hepatitis B infection.

you've got mail Sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Popsicle: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
omicron:
Sorry about that.

If there is no viable fetus and you are bleeding, you should have the evacuation.

All the best

Doc. hi. Thanks for replying me. Before i could go for the evacuation i had strong contractions and the foetus was expelled naturally. When i went back to the hospital(general) i was told to do a pelvic scan and was told there wasn't need for the evacuation. Pls my main concern now is this , am i meant to be on antibiotics to prevent any infection because at the hospital i was told its not necessary. Pls i need your advise. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2015
Popsicle:

Doc. hi. Thanks for replying me. Before i could go for the evacuation i had strong contractions and the foetus was expelled naturally. When i went back to the hospital(general) i was told to do a pelvic scan and was told there wasn't need for the evacuation. Pls my main concern now is this , am i meant to be on antibiotics to prevent any infection because at the hospital i was told its not necessary. Pls i need your advise. Thank you
Ok.

No retained products, no need for evacuation.

No need for antibiotics then.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Popsicle: 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
omicron:
Ok.

No retained products, no need for evacuation.

No need for antibiotics then.

Doc i appreciate all your prompt responses. I am most grateful. Thank you very much. I hope you have a pleasant day. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kudibaby(f): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
omicron:
HSG is supposed to be done right after the menstruation before ovulation. Usually day 6 of the MC is good. If you are ovulating, you should wait till your next cycle.
alright thanks a lot Dr

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by khadupsie(f): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.