Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878912 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by eolowu1(f): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
pls hw can I treat PID
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hambali1: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2015
eolowu1:
pls hw can I treat PID
Antibiotics
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rozeeb: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
hi doc i have yellow disclouration on the corner of my mouth and peeling lips.There is also rashes on my thumb and index finger that are itchy and is peeling my skin. I met a dermatologist she prescribed vit c,aqueous cream,nizoral shampoo,lasmil cream, drug for itching,hydrocortisone cream. I have been on this for 3weeks nw and no improvement pls help me to knw what exactly is the cause and the solution. thanks waitng for your reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stylesco: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hi Doc.

I think I have low sex drive.
I'm rarely in the mood for sex. I can stay without sex for 6 months, when I eventually get down to it, I rarely get wet. Doesn't matter the time spent on pre-intimacy.

The worst is I don't get any pleasure from it but the pleasure of seeing my partner reach orgasm.

I'm about to get married now that's why I'm bothered. My fiance loves sex a lot.
I always give the excuse that is because we ain't married that's why I don't indulge him as often as he wants, although we've had our intro.

Right now I'm worried.
He said I should go see a doctor but I rarely have that time.

Kindly assist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 5:42am On Dec 07, 2015
stylesco:
Hi Doc.

I think I have low sex drive.
I'm rarely in the mood for sex. I can stay without sex for 6 months, when I eventually get down to it, I rarely get wet. Doesn't matter the time spent on pre-intimacy.

The worst is I don't get any pleasure from it but the pleasure of seeing my partner reach orgasm.

I'm about to get married now that's why I'm bothered. My fiance loves sex a lot.
I always give the excuse that is because we ain't married that's why I don't indulge him as often as he wants, although we've had our intro.

Right now I'm worried.
He said I should go see a doctor but I rarely have that time.

Kindly assist.

It won't cost you more than an hour to see a doctor at a nearest private hospital. If you don't have time to spare on your health, then you don't know your priority. Many don't have time to spare on their health, but they have all the time to spare in a beauty salon fixing their hair.

Well, your low libido cld be due to any of the several factors responsible for low sex drive. Physical or mental stress is a common cause of low libido. You just pointed out your tight schedule. It tells you get stressed up at work, or with any other engagement. Hormonal change is another factor. Low estrogen level is a common cause of low libido. Others include factors like depression, anxiety, HBP, and certain medications.

I'll advise you carve out time to see a doctor at the nearest hospital. Like they say..... A stitch in time saves nine.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:02am On Dec 07, 2015
rozeeb:
hi doc i have yellow disclouration on the corner
of my mouth and peeling lips.There is also
rashes on my thumb and index finger that are
itchy and is peeling my skin. I met a
dermatologist she prescribed vit c,aqueous
cream,nizoral shampoo,lasmil cream, drug for
itching,hydrocortisone cream. I have been on
this for 3weeks nw and no improvement pls
help me to knw what exactly is the cause and
the solution. thanks waitng for your reply

If there's been no improvement, then attention should be drawn to what you eat or what you don't eat. It's likely you're reacting to a food substance. Or the symptoms may just be pointing to nutrient deficiency. Your condition may improve if you discontinue ingesting the food substance, or if you make up for the nutrient deficiency.

You should go back to the dermatologist and let her know about the unimprovement.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Odunma:
please is day 21 progesterone test at 16.59 OK? the reference is(0.035-50) thank you

It's okay enough.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rozeeb: 6:17am On Dec 07, 2015
matrix199:

If there's been no improvement, then attention should be drawn to what you eat or what you don't eat. It's likely you're reacting to a food substance. Or the symptoms may just be pointing to nutrient deficiency. Your condition may improve if you discontinue ingesting the food substance, or if you make up for the nutrient deficiency.

You should go back to the dermatologist and let her know about the unimprovement.

thank you and remain blessed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jochebed7(f): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2015
hi docs,
I gave birth in sept 2014( first birth, baby didn't survive) and its resulted in what I think is a vaginal prolapse, I can see part of my vag. kind of sticking out. never got it checked out at a hospital though. now am trying to get pregnant again and am a bit worried about what effect another preg and childbirth could have on it and what I can do to get it back in place. thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jochebed7:
hi docs,
I gave birth in sept 2014( first birth, baby didn't survive) and its resulted in what I think is a vaginal prolapse, I can see part of my vag. kind of sticking out. never got it checked out at a hospital though. now am trying to get pregnant again and am a bit worried about what effect another preg and childbirth could have on it and what I can do to get it back in place. thanks.

Colpoptosis.

The baby may have been heavier than normal. Thus, leading to an outward surge of the vagina* during delivery due to intense pressure. The PC muscles must have slackened. CS ought to have been opted for.

What you should do is go to the hospital to see a gynae for VE. He'll clerk to get information on what cld have led to the infant death, and what caused your vagina* to prolapse. He may then recommend a colpopexy to correct the prolapse.

In subsequent deliveries, I'll advise you consider CS. Many women in the United States increasingly opt for CS over VB for reasons like this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jochebed7(f): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
matrix199:

Colpoptosis.

The baby may have been heavier than normal. Thus, leading to an outward surge of the vagina* during delivery due to intense pressure. The PC muscles must have slackened. CS ought to have been opted for.

What you should do is go to the hospital to see a gynae for VE. He'll clerk to get information on what cld have led to the infant death, and what caused your vagina* to prolapse. He may then recommend a colpopexy to correct the prolapse.

In subsequent deliveries, I'll advise you consider CS. Many women in the United States increasingly opt for CS over VB for reasons like this.

thanks. will try to get to the Hosp before taking in.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yesgold: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dr can you help out with this...
I went for sperm test and here is the result

PH - 8.0 (7.2 - 8.0)
Viscosity. - Moderate

MORPHOLOGY
Normal. - 40%
Abnormal - 60%
(Curve tail and bulged head)
Agglutination. - Present (+)

MOTILITY
Vigorously active - 15%
Sluggish. - 35%
Immotile. - 50%

Sperm concentration (Sperm cell per ml) - 61million/ml

NORMAL COUNT - (15 - 200million)
Puss cells. - (6 - 7)
Red cells. - Nil
Yeast cells - Nil
Epith Cells. - (Few)

CULTURE; No significant bacteria growth obtained after 24hrs of incubation

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello doc,pls I saw my period on the 9th of nov,though was scanty,then saw it again on the 23rd of Nov was scanty it stoped after four days,was taking an herbal antibiotic then
But am through for like 3wks noW
Startd spoting yday and today
Pls help am soo confused
Am presently taking dostinex for high prolactin
Is it my hormone regulatin or wat?
Am am ttc mom,sOoo confusd
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Janix2:
Hello doc,pls I saw my period on the 9th of nov,though was scanty,then saw it again on the 23rd of Nov was scanty it stoped after four days,was taking an herbal antibiotic then
But am through for like 3wks noW
Startd spoting yday and today
Pls help am soo confused
Am presently taking dostinex for high prolactin
Is it my hormone regulatin or wat?
Am am ttc mom,sOoo confusd

The herbal medication you were on was perhaps responsible for the menstrual inconsistency. Since you've discontinued taking the herbal, you may have to give it more time to re-adjust. Certain medications(synthetic or herbal) disrupt menstruation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yesgold:
Dr can you help out with this...
I went for sperm test and here is the result

PH - 8.0 (7.2 - 8.0)
Viscosity. - Moderate

MORPHOLOGY
Normal. - 40%
Abnormal - 60%
(Curve tail and bulged head)
Agglutination. - Present (+)

MOTILITY
Vigorously active - 15%
Sluggish. - 35%
Immotile. - 50%

Sperm concentration (Sperm cell per ml) - 61million/ml

NORMAL COUNT - (15 - 200million)
Puss cells. - (6 - 7)
Red cells. - Nil
Yeast cells - Nil
Epith Cells. - (Few)

CULTURE; No significant bacteria growth obtained after 24hrs of incubation

Thanks

Well, your count is high enough, though half of your count is immotile(lack the propensity to swim upwards).

What you need is a good fertility supplement. With it, your sperm quality will improve.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yesgold: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
matrix199:

Well, your count is high enough, though half of your count is immotile(lack the propensity to swim upwards).

What you need is a good fertility supplement. With it, your sperm quality will improve.

Many thanks sir
Can you recommend any supplement?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
Good afternoon sir, please is fsh(12.5),lh(15.6),estrogen (380), day21 progesterone (0.1) associated with diminished ovarian reserve or pcos. I'm 24 years old with very irregular menstrual cycle. My doctor says my testosterone and dhea is slightly high.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Good afternoon sir, please is fsh(12.5),lh(15.6),estrogen (380), day21 progesterone (0.1) associated with diminished ovarian reserve or pcos. I'm 24 years old with very irregular menstrual cycle. My doctor says my testosterone and dhea is slightly high. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbie2872: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
Dear Doctor,

These were my gynecology results,

1.Female Hormone -5.133
2.Gonadotropin-7.668
3.Prolactin-4.284
4.Progesterone-7.11
5.Vaginitis Coefficient-2.677
6.PID coefficient-3.634
7.Appendagitis Coefficient-5.205
8.Cervicitis Coefficient-3.604
9.Ovariab Cyst coefficient-2.928

Dr.please look into my results above and advice me if I can conceive now? Or if I can now use clomid?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
Good afternoon, I need help pleaaaaaaaasssssseeee, I took clomid last month due to tackle, I noticed that I don't get the egg white cm again, what drugs can i take to correct my cm
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
99billiondollar:
Good afternoon, I need help pleaaaaaaaasssssseeee, I took clomid last month due to tackle, I noticed that I don't get the egg white cm again, what drugs can i take to correct my cm

Well, that you don't observe the cervical discharge doesn't imply it's not secreted. Most times, the cm may just be too small to ooze out.

Well, you can try rehydration. Drink lots of water regularly to aid cm fluidity. If you're TTC, you can try using fertility supplements like the E.P.O.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
iamhistreasure:
Good afternoon sir, please is fsh(12.5),lh(15.6),estrogen (380), day21 progesterone (0.1) associated with diminished ovarian reserve or pcos. I'm 24 years old with very irregular menstrual cycle. My doctor says my testosterone and dhea is slightly high. Thanks

You left out the normal range of each assay.

For ovarian reserve, AMH test is what you should run.

If your doctor says your testosterone level is high, coupled with the profiling result and menstrual irregularity, then it's suggestive of PCOS. I expect him to place you on medications to manage the condition.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Debbie2872:
Dear Doctor,

These were my gynecology results,

1.Female Hormone -5.133
2.Gonadotropin-7.668
3.Prolactin-4.284
4.Progesterone-7.11
5.Vaginitis Coefficient-2.677
6.PID coefficient-3.634
7.Appendagitis Coefficient-5.205
8.Cervicitis Coefficient-3.604
9.Ovariab Cyst coefficient-2.928

Dr.please look into my results above and advice me if I can conceive now? Or if I can now use clomid?

You're clear to try. But how about your partner, has he gone for fertility check? Is his sperm quality ok?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Debbie2872: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
He has never gone for any fertility check.
matrix199:

You're clear to try. But how about your partner, has he gone for fertility check? Is his sperm quality ok?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 2:15am On Dec 12, 2015
iamhistreasure:
Thank you doctor, please can a woman be diagnosed of pcos and low ovarian reserve at same time

Yes of course. Hormonal profiling and AMH assay are the diagnostic tests carried out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 2:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Debbie2872:
He has never gone for any fertility check.

I'll advise he runs a seminal analysis test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2015
iamhistreasure:
please for pcos I will advise you start metformin and vitex early, if you can get m2tone too. That's the little I know for treatment of pcos and irregular periods.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by almacherish(f): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
matrix199:

I'll advise he runs a seminal analysis test.

goodevening doc, pls i saw my period on 12-15th nov; i had unprotected sex on 17th, took postinor2 on 18th and d last pill on 19th by 3:30am. Saw my period again on 23-26th nov. A friend said dat only happens when youre pregnant. So i went for two blood pregnancy tests. One on 2nd dec, the other on 11th dec, both came out negative. Is there a chance dat i myt still be pregnant? Do i have to go for a scan? When do u tink i should expect my period PS: my periods are irregular, last menstrual cycle was 41days. Dont know what to do... Im so freaked out ...... Thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by meetmal03(f): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
Increase your chances of taking in by creating a conducive environment in your womb for the baby to thrive in.
Are you pregnant already and need a complete supply of all the nutrients including folic acid for your unborn child?

Then you need Naturemade parental Multi + Dha softgel.

Nature Made Prenatal plus DHA Liquid SoftGel combines all of the key nutrients from a prenatal multivitamin with 200 mg DHA into ONE SINGLE SOFTGEL

Helps to support a healthy pregnancy and the baby’s development

Only one softgel a day has all the nutrients that you need.

You dont need to take any other thing till you give birth .
It is made in USA.

5 months supply is for 8000 naira saving you money that you would have used for pregnacare for 5 months.

To get one, go to the Nigerian supplier site www.mifant.com and get a bottle.
Text: 08104323941
Whatsapp: +447423097893

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:31am On Dec 15, 2015
almacherish:

goodevening doc, pls i saw my period on 12-15th nov; i had unprotected sex on 17th, took postinor2 on 18th and d last pill on 19th by 3:30am. Saw my period again on 23-26th nov. A friend said dat only happens when youre pregnant. So i went for two blood pregnancy tests. One on 2nd dec, the other on 11th dec, both came out negative. Is there a chance dat i myt still be pregnant? Do i have to go for a scan? When do u tink i should expect my period PS: my periods are irregular, last menstrual cycle was 41days. Dont know what to do... Im so freaked out ...... Thanks doc

Do you know what postinor is? I can sense you don't. Postinor is an emergency oral contraceptive pill. You don't take it like you take your antimalarial drug for prophylaxis. Postinor is an emergency pill. You're meant to take it when the situation you find urslf in having sex is beyond ur control. But from the complaint, I can tell you take this pill regularly after sex. I may be wrong tho. But you just have to be careful how you take this pill. It has some short and long terms adverse effects. Postinor works by inhibiting the secretion of progestational hormones, thus preventing implantation. It ends up imbalancing the hormones, leading to menstrual irregularities.

You had sex on the 17th of nov, 5days after the start of your period. Pregnancy was unlikely cos you were in ur safe period, except in a Short Menstrual Cycle of 21days, or as you mentioned, irregular periods where spotting or vaginal bleeding may be misconstrued for menstrual periods and you lose chart of the actual safe and unsafe periods.

You're not pregnant. You may run the scan if you wish to, though it's not necessary. I'll also advise you visit a gynae at the nearest hospital for review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.