Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879740 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Dazzle86:
hello Drs in the house. I want to ask a question I have been pondering about, I have researched online and have not found a satisfying answer. the question goes thus.

Does hydrotubation harm an unsuspected pregnancy. will it flush out an embryo that is just implanting in the womb.

Madam.

Hydrotubation is a diagnostic procedure and shouldn't be carried during pregnancy.Being pregnant is enough in some degree to show patency of the tubes.
Hydrotubation isn't being known to cause any harm to an unsuspected pregnancy.Inshort before this procedure,a check for pregnancy or anything of such similar descriptions should be well checked for.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Kflorencek:
pls, I need ur help, I had sex for the first time november last year and have never gotten wet and I always feel pains in my lower abdomen during intercourse. Pls is something wrong with me? thank you

There are lots of questions for you with respect to this question.
The matter of being wet is on oneside and that of abdominal pains relating to it on another side.

But if this complaint of your has been quite sometimes more than 2weeks,we advice you seek a medical advice from a physical doctor.She/He may see the need for HVS or ECS for vaginal infections,or may probably carry some pelvic exam and/or palpate around the lower abdomen.

Accessory fluid to ease penetration may be prescribed.However,one should not that vaginal infection may be responsible for having a pain sex experience being concurrent with having vaginal dryness.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.

Hydrotubation is a diagnostic procedure and shouldn't be carried during pregnancy.Being pregnant is enough in some degree to show patency of the tubes.
Hydrotubation isn't being known to cause any harm to an unsuspected pregnancy.Inshort before this procedure,a check for pregnancy or anything of such similar descriptions should be well checked for.

Thanks doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 3:50am On Oct 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Na wa o. This thread sef. @chaz007, I think it's obvious u re nt a registered nurse, internship ke! Haba na. Its very obvious.
@Ladies, pls b careful. U may come here for professional advice, but most times na just normal advice u get. Try crosscheck wt ur physical Dr or anoda Dr u re sure of. As sm1 also pointed out, LuckyG isn't a medical Dr, marc9(aka chaz007), isn't also a qualified medical Dr.
Some of d 'solutions' given here by dem re in order, no doubt. Bt pls ladies U re responsible for ur actions /decisions. In ur desperation do not let any1 deceive u.
May God help us all and grant our hearts' desires. (if no b ill health, we won't see most of us here).

And you're a qualified doctor right? Cos I saw somewhere along this threads where you responded to questions and complaints. Talk about hypocriticism! Also, your last phrase clearly shows your level of reasoning. Must you have to be sick to come to this thread? Can't healthy people come to ask how to maintain good health or share some personal secrets to good health?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 4:00am On Oct 29, 2015
LuckyG1:

Madam.

When has hydrotubation become diagnostic procedure? What are you diagnosing with hydrotubation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 4:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Dazzle86:
hello Drs in the house. I want to ask a question I have been pondering about, I have researched online and have not found a satisfying answer. the question goes thus.

Does hydrotubation harm an unsuspected pregnancy. will it flush out an embryo that is just implanting in the womb.

Before hydrotubation is carried out, a pelvic scan precedes. The scan will tell if there's cyesis(pregnancy) or not in the uterus before the hydrotubation is done. Hypothetically, if the hydrotubation is done where there's cyesis, it may harm the pregnancy(early cyesis) cos hydrotubation is the passing of liquid medication or saline solution thru the cervix into the uterus. Hydrotubation is a patency and therapeutic procedure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 4:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Kflorencek:
pls, I need ur help, I had sex for the first time november last year and have never gotten wet and I always feel pains in my lower abdomen during intercourse. Pls is something wrong with me? thank you

Dyspareunia(painful intercourse) may be experienced in vaginal dryness. The unease in penetration may be accompanied wih pain, which is what u experience during intercourse. It is believed that low estrogen and testosterone levels contribute to vaginal dryness. The use of lubricant during sex may ease the penetration and ease the the pain. So, nothing is wrong with you other than low estrogen level, or your state of mind.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 29, 2015
chaz007:

And you're a qualified doctor right? Cos I saw somewhere along this threads where you responded to questions and complaints. Talk about hypocriticism! Also, your last phrase clearly shows your level of reasoning. Must you have to be sick to come to this thread? Can't healthy people come to ask how to maintain good health or share some personal secrets to good health?
chaz007:

When has hydrotubation become diagnostic procedure? What are you diagnosing with hydrotubation?
chaz007:

Dyspareunia(painful intercourse) may be experienced in vaginal dryness. The unease in penetration may be accompanied wih pain, which is what u experience during intercourse. It is believed that low estrogen and testosterone levels contribute to vaginal dryness. The use of lubricant during sex may ease the penetration and ease the the pain. So, nothing is wrong with you other than low estrogen level, or your state of mind.

I have said it before and I will say it again ...

This die-hard scam is seriously roaming desperately looking for who to scam
The hunger of this period is horrible ...
Everyone should take cover..
It leaves me wondering what the moderators do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2015
favoured234:

I have said it before and I will say it again ...

This die-hard scam is seriously roaming desperately looking for who to scam
The hunger of this period is horrible ...
Everyone should take cover..
It leaves me wondering what the moderators do

You seriously need haloperidol.

Your episode is getting out of hand.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sisisioge: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2015
chaz007:

You seriously need haloperidol.

Your episode is getting out of hand.

Oga, you should really park well. If allegations keep coming at you while you are 'innocent' I suggest you take a long shower. You show a lot of zeal for a non qualified doctor. Why don't you just start from the scratch and get a medical certification? U will pass given your enthusiasm, I figure all these medical answers didn't come off your head.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jubrilla: 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello doctor. I just did an hormonal profile and this is d result

DAY 2
LH 6.50
FSH 5.08
PROLACTIN 12.27

DAY 22
PROGESTERONE 0.400

Hubby has low sperm count with strong growth of staph.
Pls I need someone to explain the test result and also recommend d kind of treatment we need. Thanx all
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
chaz007:

Don't mention me again!

If you don't know that a laparoscopic hydrotubation can be used to diagnose the patency of the tubes...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Jubrilla:
Hello doctor. I just did an hormonal profile and this is d result

DAY 2
LH 6.50
FSH 5.08
PROLACTIN 12.27

DAY 22
PROGESTERONE 0.400

Hubby has low sperm count with strong growth of staph.
Pls I need someone to explain the test result and also recommend d kind of treatment we need. Thanx all

You wrote concentrations without units.Units are important to throw meaning to what you posted.

You may also help us with their ranges if you can.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
chaz007:

EXCUSE ME??!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Peacewealth(f): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
pls dr in d house i need an advice. i took a shot of depo that expired june 5. Had bleeding that lasted 4 2wks. Stopd, saw menses 21 august, 1st october . Have been having unprotectd sex till dis date . i ve been having lower abdominal sharp pain on both ovary. Seems as if something is walking around my uterus. Nil bleeding, nil discharge. Feeling naesous did serum pt bt negetive. Just confused. Pls advice me am ttc seriously
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Peacewealth:

pls dr in d house i need
an advice. i took a shot of
depo that expired june 5.
Had bleeding that lasted 4
2wks. Stopd, saw menses 21
august, 1st october . Have been having
unprotectd sex till dis date . i
ve been having lower
abdominal sharp pain on
both ovary. Seems as if
something is walking
around my uterus. Nil
bleeding, nil discharge.
Feeling naesous did serum pt bt
negetive. Just confused. Pls advice me am ttc seriously
its well sis. Wud advice u go for blood pt and do a pelvic scan. Also, see ur doc ASAP
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dv4real(f): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
pls Dr in the house help a worried sister,i was diogonised of pre eclampsia,am 34wks gone am my Dr said the only remedy is to carry out cs at 35wks, pls cant i carried my baby to 37wks and induce labour.
Note : am having bp, my legs look swollen and is my first pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by azat: 6:55am On Nov 02, 2015
dv4real:
pls Dr in the house help a worried sister,i was diogonised of pre eclampsia,am 34wks gone am my Dr said the only remedy is to carry out cs at 35wks, pls cant i carried my baby to 37wks and induce labour.
Note : am having bp, my legs look swollen and is my first pregnant.
What is your blood pressure now? Pre-ecclampsia is not an absolute indication for CS. You have the option of being monitored closely till 37weeks and then be induced for a possible vaginal delivery, if your preecclampsia is mild. If severe, induction may be done earlier after 34wks. Before all this, you are supposed to have got shots of steriods to help your baby's lungs to mature. Unless your doctor knows of other factors in you or the baby that make outright CS at 35wks the choice intervention, you may still deliver vaginally.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
hello Doctor.
please what is a cyclic cyst.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
hello Dr, my last mentrual period is 21st, september. I have done three PT and it came out positive. My problem now is that im nt feeling any pregnancy symptoms and im worried. waiting for your reply sir. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Missymassy: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good evening Dr. I have two beautiful daughters and I tried to conceive the second on ovulation day but I guess I ovulated earlier or later in that cycle since I did not use any kits or such then. Meanwhile, my husband wanted just two kids. Now, I really want to have a boy. Someone told me I can work with a gynea to make this happen. Something about the gynea monitoring me and knowing when my egg is about to burst so I can meet with my husband that day. Is this possible? If yes, what tests was she referring to and which Doctor/GYnea can I meet to help in Lagos? This is will my last baby so I don't want to take chances at all.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Opejibola01:
hello Dr, my last mentrual period is 21st, september. I have done three PT and it came out positive. My problem now is that im nt feeling any pregnancy symptoms and im worried. waiting for your reply sir. Thanks

I am not a doctor. But I believe every woman is different. some have symptoms right away,others don't. I believe it will kick in soon. But if you are worried,do an ultrasound, you are 6weeks pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mitchyy(f): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2015
Hello Dr, my last period was October 12th and my cycle is usually 27 days. So my next period ought to be Nov 8. But i've been having consistent menstrual cramp since last week Friday. This morning i woke up with a slight change in my body temperature and feverish feeling.
My favourite meal, bread and oats had a bitter taste in my mouth. Had to eat cereal instead.
I'm just super worried. Still feeling the cramps.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
mitchyy:
Hello Dr, my last period was October 12th and my cycle is usually 27 days. So my next period ought to be Nov 8. But i've been having consistent menstrual cramp since last week Friday. This morning i woke up with a slight change in my body temperature and feverish feeling.
My favourite meal, bread and oats had a bitter taste in my mouth. Had to eat cereal instead.
I'm just super worried. Still feeling the cramps.

sounds like you are pregnant. why don't you do a blood pregnancy test to confirm,or you wait till you are due and take a home pregnancy test. That's if you know you have been sexually active. I am not a doctor,just sharing what I think.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by preciousoru(f): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
@Dazzle86 The only way to know for sure is by taking a pregnancy test. But there are early symptoms of pregnancy that may point to the possibility.All the best my dear smiley Blessings blessings
Dazzle86:

sounds like you are pregnant. why don't you do a blood pregnancy test to confirm,or you wait till you are due and take a home pregnancy test. That's if you know you have been sexually active. I am not a doctor,just sharing what I think.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mitchyy(f): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dazzle86:

Thanks for the response. Yes i've been sexually active for the past 5 months since i got married. But just started trying for a baby in August. I did a HPT this morning and its negative. Are the blood tests better? Or maybe i'll just wait till my period is due. I just felt the cramps were abnormal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mitchyy(f): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
preciousoru:
@Dazzle86 The only way to know for sure is by taking a pregnancy test. But there are early symptoms of pregnancy that may point to the possibility.All the best my dear smiley Blessings blessings

Thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by larryceous: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Gud day Doc, I have had myomectomy twice, the last one was 3months ago and I still experience heavy bleeding during my menstruation. Is it a normal occurence or should I be worried. I am also trying to conceive . Any advise ? I am 39 yrs old.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
mitchyy:

Thanks for the response. Yes i've been sexually active for the past 5 months since i got married. But just started trying for a baby in August. I did a HPT this morning and its negative. Are the blood tests better? Or maybe i'll just wait till my period is due. I just felt the cramps were abnormal.

you are welcome. blood undecided
mitchyy:

you are welcome. blood pregnancy tests detect hcg (pregnancy hormone) earlier than urine tests. if you are very curious just go and do a blood pregnancy test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dan147: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
good evening doctors, after the birthing of my child over a year ago, my monthly cycle became a little irregular, varied from 30 to 33days..because i didn't understand my body system i took fertilaid to correct this but instead of correcting it ,it made my period very scanty( apart from cramps i only noticed i was menstruating when i wiped). my hubby and i are trying to conceive for our second child. N.B..my first child was conceived without been planned for.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2015
Drs here have gone MIA.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kroosx: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
Plz can augmentin 625 cure PID

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.