Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,804 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (884243 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2009
pls doctor or any other person, give me examples of prenatal vitamins to take.
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
[i]kathyekiti Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #822 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@marami

go to your gyn and get a day 3 FSH. It is a blood test done on the 3rd day of your period. If it is high, it shows that you have low ovarian reserve i.e. few eggs

@9hmo
You guys were just lucky. Andrews liver salt is not a form of birth control
[/i]

Dear Dr. Kathy,

I really want to testify to God's goodness in our lifes. Refer to the above. Actually went to see a Gyn as suggested on the 16th of Jan. since i was expecting my menses on the 22/23 of same month to book an appointment, but the Gyn was not on duty that day. Before then I had already beded on the 8th of Jan. Alas! came Jan 23 till date Menses no come, done test confirmed positive. I really thank almighty God for this precious gift and PRAY that ALL prayering for this precious gift, almighty God will surely grant your request, in Jesus name. Dr. going back to my case what actually happened? this is to help me understand my system in case i want to go for another one.

Once again I say thanks a million times.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:17am On Mar 06, 2009
@go4gold
She can but I would suggest she stay hydrated and if she starts to get puffy, she needs a check of her blood pressure. I think 2 weeks is ok. It just has to be stopped before 34 weeks.

@locoso
Your friend is wrong and ewedu has nothing to do with childbirth. The alternative to the pressing would be an abdominal binder
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:22am On Mar 06, 2009
@ant01
Sorry to hear about your friend but antibiotics would not have helped. The problem here is an incompetent cervix. Antibiotics will not help. The stitch @ 13weeks will hopefully stop her from dilating and getting infected. The problem with cervical incompetence is you are dilating without realizing it and then you can get an infection because there are bacteria in the vagina. It seems to me your friend was well managed although I would suggest her getting progesterone supplementation in the form of 17 hydroxy progesterone injections in her next pregnancy

@venuss
Pregnacare seems to be a good choice. If you can find a prenatal vitamin with DHA, even better
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2009
@ marami
Congrats!! I truly believe you were throwing a lot of drugs at yourself due to impatience. Make sure you take your prenatal vitamins and please keep me posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2009
kathyekiti:

@ marami
Congrats!! I truly believe you were throwing a lot of drugs at yourself due to impatience. Make sure you take your prenatal vitamins and please keep me posted

Thanks I will surely keep you posted.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hec: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hi Doc

just saw this site. You are really doing a great job. Please i got married last year. miscarried last october since then im looking up to God. I have been having cramping in my tommy since then and waiting to miss my period. I have done a test and the result was e.coli which has been treated. but the cramp is always serious during my period and it always stretches to the back. Please advice if this is a worm issue and the next step to follow.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2009
Dear Doc,

Thanks a mil for your response, Will let her know.
When she has the stitch in i guess the doctors will monitor her constantly. After having the stitch in place,is it precautionary or compulsory for her to be on bed rest from the 13th week, or perhaps from around 20th week when it progresses? Also will you advice on multiple vaginal scans ( weekly or fortnightly) for monitoring the cervix,

Thanks.
Have a blessed week ahead

Regards,

Ant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by arewa4(f): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2009
hello doc,

does aminocentesis really work to determine the genotype of an unborn baby, and what stage of pregnacy can u check. Also wld a heamatologist be in a better postion to carry out the tests?
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by locoso: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for your reply to my questions. Please, can I use my lumbar support in place of abdominal binder? Can it serve the same purpose?

And you missed my question on if consumption of capsules by pregnant women can result in coloration of their babies' teeth. Pls reply. thanks a bunch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chioma24: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2009
kathyekiti@how are u 2day,i wanna ask u something,i saw my period on 9 of march,i'm still in it,so when is my ovulation day? 2 question,i want to get pregnant when can i meet my partner?

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2009
Dear Doc,

Thanks for all the advice. I have noticed she is having swollen feet and she is currently 32 weeks pregnant. Is there a solution for it?

I intend to travel with her on a 1 hour 15 mins flight in the next 2 weeks (34 weeks since LMP). I want to know if the change of cabin pressure during ascent and descent will be good for her and the baby which is surrounded by aminiotic fluid?

She is still however taking the indocimetacin 25mg, 3 times daily given to her by her doc, although she is scheduled to visit the doctor in the next 2 days (Thursday).

How I wish you were our family doc. May God continue to increase you wisdom and wishes.

Thx again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sparta(f): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hello doc,

What can be used to treat a tear/cut on the vaginal lip? its just not healing.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by forme22(m): 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hi Doctors in the House,
Pls my wife has been having this resistance outward veginal scratching. What drugs or cream can she use. Gone for test but no infection, it scratch her, some times she feels like touching it with very coled water to relax. SHe always scrap with clean rezor, can the be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:15am On Mar 13, 2009
@hec

I think you need a pelvic ultrasound as for the ecoli, where was the culture taken?

@ant
She doesn't have to be on bed rest and she should get cervical length u/s every two weeks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:17am On Mar 13, 2009
@arewa
Amniocentesis is done in the second trimester and should be done by a perinatalogist. Unfortunately, a hematologist doesn't play a role here.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:21am On Mar 13, 2009
@ locoso
yes you may. A capsule doesn't cause teeth discoloration however certain antibiotics may cause this condition

@chioma 24
What are the number of days from the first day of your last period until the first day of this period?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:23am On Mar 13, 2009
@go4gold
It is normal for there to be some feet and ankle swelling but swelling of the face is dangerous. Make sure she stays well hydrated on the flight and walks around a bit to help her circulation. Thanks for the complimentssmiley

@sparta
more info please. How did you get the injury? Are you diabetic? Are you on any medication? How big is the laceration?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:25am On Mar 13, 2009
@forme
Yes, her shaving could be the cause. Tell her to trim instead of shave. Also, is she using regular shaving cream? This can be very irritating.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by forme22(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2009
@ Kathyekiti,
U are a wonderful doctor, remain blessed.
Please I have one more question for you. Advice me, should my wife go for IUI or IVF? do you know a good one in Nigeria, we have been married for 8yrs and done all routine test in Lagos island hospitals and nothing seems to show as the problem. she was once pregnant when we got married and it was complicated so it was flushed out about two months .She has been on clomid and her menstrual flow is normall. doctor why cant she be pregnant? though she is of age. but I love her alot and I want her to be mother of my kids. I really need your help. pelvic scan shows normal, HSCG was demonstated but tubes not seen due to swollen bladder as of time of xray,Hormonal essay level is OK. Are they other test?
My sperm count is OK. cry cry[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sparta(f): 8:46am On Mar 13, 2009
I am not diabetic and am not on medication except for the antibiotics (amoxycillin) and supplements a nurse prescribed for me for the same tear, all my other wound heal very fast i guess because of my dry skin type. My boo and i were getting down and he was a bit rough with me and cut me with his zipper absurd as it may sound. Hope you can help.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obijack: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2009
DOCTORS,

Thank you for all the help you have offered pple here  and I believe you can do thesame for me.

I just turned 35 yrs. Jan. 4 and my wife is about thesame age my daughter will be 5 yrs. by March 28.

The thing is this, In 2006  around August, my wife got pregnant but lost it around November thesame year. She went to a hospital and the thing was evacuated.  However, since the incident  for like 8 months she has always had painful menses. Later we went  for the first scan where she was told she had fibroid and an Appointment was booked for Feb 2008.  Later, we went for another scan in Nov. 2007 but she was told by thesame doctor that she is OK and to confirm it another scan was done at another lab. where nothing was equally found.

Though she not very good at this mensural calendar thing, she has not been able to concieve since then. Are we wrong timing the ovulation  or what are we doing wrong?

my questions are:

1. When does a woman start to ovulate after  menses (days)

2. For how long does the ovulation last (days)

3. When and how frequent should be the right time for us  mate so that she can get pregnant

4. Do you thing the problem might be from me. (Don't get me wrong but I am open to any suggestion now) . What should I on my own do  and  should I advise my wife too to do.

Your opinions and advise will highly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obijack: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2009
DOCTORS,

Thank you for all the help you have offered pple here  and I believe you can do thesame for me.

I just turned 35 yrs. Jan. 4 and my wife is about thesame age my daughter will be 5 yrs. by March 28.

The thing is this, In 2006  around August, my wife got pregnant but lost it around November thesame year. She went to a hospital and the thing was evacuated.  However, since the incident  for like 8 months she has always had painful menses. Later we went  for the first scan where she was told she had fibroid and an Appointment was booked for Feb 2008.  Later, we went for another scan in Nov. 2007 but she was told by thesame doctor that she is OK and to confirm it another scan was done at another lab. where nothing was equally found.

Though she not very good at this mensural calendar thing, she has not been able to concieve since then. Are we wrong timing the ovulation  or what are we doing wrong?

my questions are:

1. When does a woman start to ovulate after  mensus (days)

2. For how long does the ovulation last (days)

3. When and how frequent should be the right time for us  mate so that she can get pregnant

4. Do you thing the problem might be from me. (Don't get me wrong but I am open to any suggestion now) . What should I on my own do  and  should I advise my wife too to do.

Your opinions and advise will highly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chioma24: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2009
kathyekiti@i menstruate only two 2days this month,i'm scaring pls help,although i have fabriod but i don't think it will cause it
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
Thx doc for the advice,

She has seen her doc and he says she should not travel by air since she is over 28 weeks.  He recommended travelling by road and that seems to be the only option. 

However, coming to the Polyhydramnious condition I told you earlier, he advised she continued with the indometacin capsules.  I am not comfortable with taking the tablets much longer because everything I read about the drug is not so encouraging.  Please what do you suggest? 

Many thanks again.

New development doc:

She just went for another scan and I will give you both results for a FULL analysis please:

Date: 13-02-2009

Biparietal diameter: 75mm
Head Circumference: 268mm
Abdominal Circumference: 245mm
Femur length: 58mm
USS Gestational Age: 29 weeks 3 days plus or minus 2 weeks
Expected date of delivery: 28-04-09 plus or minus 2 weeks
Fetal Presentation: Breech
Present Fetal Weight: 1.370kg
amniotic fluid: EXCESSIVE
Maximum Liquor depth: 92mm
Placental location: Posterior
Maturity: Grade II
Likely gender: XX
cervix closed

Scan Two: 20-03-2009

Biparietal diameter: 89mm
Head Circumference: 306mm
Abdominal Circumference: 306mm
Femur length: 70mm
USS Gestational Age: 35 weeks plus or minus 2 weeks
Expected date of delivery: 24-04-09 plus or minus 2 weeks
Fetal Presentation: lophalic (not so sure of what he wrote)
Present Fetal Weight: 2.601kg
amniotic fluid: EXCESSIVE
Maximum Liquor depth: 108mm
Placental location: Posteriofundal (not sure again what he wrote)
Maturity: Grade II
Likely gender: XX
cervix closed

Please doc, I will need you to give me a FULL analysis of this, This will help me take my decisions. I trust your judgement and I know you will be a wonderful help for this.

Many thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2009
please i have been trying to get pregnant for the past five months. there was a time i complained to my doctor that i had milklike thing coming out of my breast and had an irregular period for that particular month i was given injection and hormonal drug to correct this. after some time i went for medical check up, i did hormonal test and this is the result, Hfsh 2.2, h Prolactin 6.5, hLH 10.9 and T4 9.3. can you please tell me if this figures are ok , if they are not what can i do, mean well my doctor has recommend i check the lining of my tubes to make sure they are not blocked i just became scared becos i heard it is painfull and also recommend that i do another hormonal test since the last one i did was on the 28th Nov,2008 which i have done and am expecting result in two weeks time. thanks for your effort in helping people . God will bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by SmallBMighty: 6:59am On Mar 20, 2009
Hi Doc.
I have sex almost evryday. Am i expose to low sperm count?? I am still single (not married) and i also masturbate wen there is no chick to Bleep.
2. I have small dic.k, i want it big, pls help.
3. I have mouth odour which embarrasses me most times, pls help!
4. I have toe-growth, how do i deal with this and get it straightened. Pls help
5. My left ear cannot hear at all, pls help wht can do
Thank u ver much docs in d house.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
Dr. Kathy has not been on board 4 quiet some time, i hope all is well
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by forme22(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
Dr Katty Pls were are u? sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by carnal: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
All the doctors in the house including the herbal people, i need your assistance to bail out a friend's wife out,she put to bed almost 7yrs ago and thereafter no more issue,she has gone through all the test of recent and it was confirmed that one fallopian tube is block,pls your advise/suggestions on treatment is necessary including drugs she can take (including herbal,they are willing to take any solution)urgently pls.

a doctor advised she goes through hydrotubation while another doctor mentioned that ,hydrotubation might worsen the situation,pls advise urgently.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:17am On Mar 26, 2009
@ forme22

How old is your wife?

@ sparta

I think you should go back to your gyn and ask about the possibility of surgery to fix the tear.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:26am On Mar 26, 2009
@obijack
ovulation occurs 14 days before menses. The egg is around for 24 hours. I think you should have a semen analysis but the fact that your wife had a pregnancy before might mean that your sperm level is ok. Get checked and if it is low, I would suggest you go for IVF. Please keep me posted.

@ chioma24
2 days is short for a period but I wouldn't worry about the fibroid. Most women with fibroids will have longer, heavier periods not shorter ones

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.