Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (884323 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:35am On Mar 26, 2009
@ go4gold
Everything looks good. I would stop the indomethacin at this point. She is 35 + weeks. She might go into labor early. I don't mean to alarm you but she is at a little higher risk of bleeding after delivery. The doctors should be on stand by for that.

@jody
Did they do a tsh?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:41am On Mar 26, 2009
@ carnal
I would suggest your friend have IVF to bypass the tubes

@ venuss
ovulation occurs between 5-10days after the medication has been taken
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by carnal: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2009
@ carnal
I would suggest your friend have IVF to bypass the tubes

@kathyekiti,my friend just confirmed to me last night that the wife already went through hydrotubation.my question now is what are her chances of conceiving again or do i still advise him to for IVF straight away?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2009
@kathyekiti

happy new year Dr,its been long i came on nairaland. remember i told u in october that i was pregnant and everthing was going smoothly until last month when i saw what the doctor refered to as liquor and said it was an inevitable abortion, to me it seems that was the end of the world for me, i didn't want to accept but i had to when he enlightened me concerning it. i want to ask you when exactly i can try for another one. it happened on 21st of february precisely and i haven't seen my period since then. how soon do u think i should start seeing my normal menstrual period? actually the Gyn i saw said i should wait for 1 cycle so he will be able to date the pregnancy, but does that really matter? my husband and i have been having sex since 2 weeks back, do u think i might get pregnant again as a friend of mine said she got preg 2 wks after miscarriage.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loretta(f): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2009
Dr. Kathy,
Pls I want to know whether am Pregnant again. I did evacuation on the 11th of February 2009 uptill now I have not seen my Period. Pls help because i dont understand.

Loretta
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
Dear Doctor,

I need your help on this please. I have been married for 2yrs and 3months now but yet no single pregnant has been recorded or even miscarriage. Thoug my husband's sperm count is low but after taking medication, it has improved to 60m/l and motility 70%, On my side, i am having an irregular period; sometimes, 21 days, 19day, at times it will miss up to one week, 5days, and once 2 weeks yet no pregnancy. Does it mean am not ovulating cos i sometimes feel some cramp like menstrual cramps on my west and back. I had a fibroid but very small in size at about 9.8.

Please tell me what to do to achieve pregnancy or any ovulation drugs that i can take to increase my chances of getting pregnant.

Doc, please help me cos am desperate to become a mother, i have tried some medication from hospital (gyn) but no result yet.

Please i need your help especially drugs to take to induce my ovulation.

Thanks for your urgent respnse.

Evy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
Dear Doctor,

I need your help on this please. I have been married for 2yrs and 3months now but yet no single pregnant has been recorded or even miscarriage. Thoug my husband's sperm count is low but after taking medication, it has improved to 60m/l and motility 70%, On my side, i am having an irregular period; sometimes, 21 days, 19day, at times it will miss up to one week, 5days, and once 2 weeks yet no pregnancy.  Does it mean am not ovulating cos i sometimes feel some cramp like menstrual cramps on my west and back.  I had a fibroid but very small in size at about 9.8.

Please tell me what to do to achieve pregnancy or any ovulation drugs that i can take to increase my chances of getting pregnant.

Doc, please help me cos am desperate to become a mother, i have tried some medication from hospital (gyn) but no result yet.

Doc, i saw my period on February 2, 2009 and saw another one on March 9, 2009.  Please doc, tell me my fertility period to conceive and my ovulation day based on this.

Evy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by forme22(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
Dr Katiekiti,

She is 30yrs old,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2009
[color=#006600] [b]Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #998 on: Today at 01:39:40 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Doctor,

I need your help on this please. I have been married for 2yrs and 3months now but yet no single pregnant has been recorded or even miscarriage. Thoug my husband's sperm count is low but after taking medication, it has improved to 60m/l and motility 70%, On my side, i am having an irregular period; sometimes, 21 days, 19day, at times it will miss up to one week, 5days, and once 2 weeks yet no pregnancy. Does it mean am not ovulating cos i sometimes feel some cramp like menstrual cramps on my west and back. I had a fibroid but very small in size at about 9.8.

Doc, i saw my period on February 2, 2009 and saw another one on March 9, 2009. Please doc, tell me my fertility period to conceive and my ovulation day based on this.

Evy

DOc, please am still waiting for your advice on the above matter, pls help and respond to me.

Evy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teetee2(f): 11:37am On Mar 27, 2009
Dear Doc.

Sometime last year a post was sent in respect of my irregular menses that was not flowing every month but after dat it was regulated naturally. It has started again, i av only mensurated once since beginning of this year instead of blood what comes is like sperm. Im scared because im still single (though 40) believing God for marriage. Please what can i do to have regular menses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 11:55am On Mar 27, 2009
@jody
Did they do a tsh?

Katty , i don't know what is TSH but i was just told it is a hormone test . i will be doing HSG test next week Friday. can you help check if the values are OK in my last post.

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chioma24: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ chioma24
2 days is short for a period but I wouldn't worry about the fibroid. Most women with fibroids will have longer, heavier periods not shorter ones

dear doctor@what should i do for short period and what cause it it?
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
Dr. Kethy,

Hope you still remember me?

I have been doing insemination every month since after the miscarrage which was also through insemination last year October and none seems to click. Right now, i am on a crossroad, my LMP was 10th Feb. 2009 and upto now, it has not surfaced. I have done PT twice and the 2nd one was yesterday and result was negative. Also, i have done scan but was told that it is not very clear, there is a kind of thickened substance which looks like mense and pregnance and my Gyn said it is pregnancy because, if it is mense, the thickness would have scattered while pregnancy is always together. But my fear was that there was no cramps and my breast is normal apart from pains on my nipple. But since today 29/3/09, i have been feeling some cramps just below my abdomen.

I have not been meeting my hubby after the procedure.

Pls advise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:30am On Mar 31, 2009
@carnal
I think it is ok for them to try but if there is no conception after 6 months to a year, they should still go for ivf

@olabola
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It takes a while for ovulation to resume after a miscarriage. I would say wait until your next period after which you can start to try again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:38am On Mar 31, 2009
@ loretta
It is not unusual to see a lack of menses for up to 6weeks after the procedure. If you are concerned, you can take a pregancy test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aura2(f): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2009
please doc do u know a pill that can take out like a month, two weeks foetus
the guy is not really worth it.
safe without side effects and easily available in Naija
a good prescription is still welcomed thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2009
Many thanks doc,

Please can you give the reason for the increased risk of bleeding? Big baby size? Polyhrdramnious? Placenta? or what plz? And what CAN be humanly done to prevent or mitigate the bleeding? What do I possibily tell the doctor to prepare for. She is O+, AA Genotype. How do we start preparing for the early delivery and will the baby be ok?

I know I have asked many questions but I know I asked the right person to help me. Many thanks doc. God will definitely open many more doors of success for you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2009
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #997 on: March 26, 2009, 01:34 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Doctor,

Is like you dont like me. posted this below mail for a week nowbut no response from you. Please i need your help.
Below is my mail:

I saw my period on
2 Jan 2009,
Feb 2, 2009,
March 9, 2009 which stopped on March 13th. I met my husband on the 14th and 15th March, then on the 18th March i saw some spotting though i did not pad and it lasted for 3days and stopped. Please i want to if am ovulating cos i not so such and possibly the durgs to use in order to induce my ovulation.

Evy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
Evy, you have to be patient. Us doctors on this site do this in our precious spare time. I am sure Dr Kathy will get to answer your query soon. We read your problems and sometimes need thinking time to give you best advice. I am sure she will answer your query soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2009
By the way Dr Kathy, I just spent a long weekend in your fair city there. Stayed on one of the hotels on 8th Avenue. Did all the tourist stuff. Totally jet lagged now. Was great fun though. Even went to Staten Island using the ferry from Battery Park. Next time probably stay a full week or two
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:34am On Apr 01, 2009
@ evangelin
I am quite frankly put out by your repeated posts. I understand the urgency but this is a forum that is done free of charge, at the expense of my family time for the benefit, I hope, of the people who post their questions on here hoping for an opinion or sometimes a second opinion. I don't know you so I have no reason not to like you

This being said, ovulation occurs two weeks before the onset of menses and a gyn could prescribe clomid to help with ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:39am On Apr 01, 2009
@teetee
you can go on contraceptive pills until you meet someone and want to get pregnant. This will regulate your periods

@ jody
Good luck with the hsg but I think your thyroid needs to be tested as well. As for the lab values you provided, it is hard to read without knowing which day of your cycle the blood work was done
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:41am On Apr 01, 2009
@chioma
You can consider going on contraceptive pill

@meridian
Have you taken a pregnancy test?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:45am On Apr 01, 2009
@ go 4 gold
The polyhydramnios and the big baby size are the major risk factors for the post delivery bleeding. I am sure that the doctors will be prepared for such an event. Just letting you know so you don't panic if it does happen

@ aura2
unfortunately, I can't think of any drug to abort an 8 week fetus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:46am On Apr 01, 2009
@ balogun
You are absolutely forbidden from returning to NY without contacting me. I would love to have you out for dinnersmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DeReloaded: 1:46am On Apr 01, 2009
Aura2:

please doc do u  know a pill that can take out like a month, two weeks foetus
the guy is not really worth it.
safe without side effects and easily available in Naija
a good prescription is still welcomed thanks

Is it a month or 2 weeks??

Kathy, what's the time limit for which this person can use RU-486? I was gonna tell her 2 weeks but Im not sure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #1012 on: Today at 01:34:59 AM »

@ evangelin
I am quite frankly put out by your repeated posts. I understand the urgency but this is a forum that is done free of charge, at the expense of my family time for the benefit, I hope, of the people who post their questions on here hoping for an opinion or sometimes a second opinion. I don't know you so I have no reason not to like you

This being said, ovulation occurs two weeks before the onset of menses and a gyn could prescribe clomid to help with ovulation

Dear Dr. katty,

Your above response to my questions refers.

I am very sorry for the word "is like u dont like me" please i dont mean any hurt is just that am desperate to read from you. Once again, thanks for your precious time u devoted to save people from their problems free of charge. I appreciate that and may the goog Lord reward u and ur family abundantly in JESUS NAME, Amen.

Please forgive me for asking too much question, based on my calendar does it mean i dont ovulate:

I saw my period on 2 Jan 2009, Feb 2, 2009 and March 9th and it stopped on March 13th and i met my husband on the 14h and 15th March but to my greatest surprise i noticed spotting on 19th March, 09 and it stopped on 23rd March 09. Please does it mean i dont ovulate or what is the problem, please educate me. Am very sorry for the inconvenience i am causing u.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation and response.

EVY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ katty
Good luck with the hsg but I think your thyroid needs to be tested as well. As for the lab values you provided, it is hard to read without knowing which day of your cycle the blood work was done.

thanks alot, i saw my period on the 27th October 2008, the test was done on the 28th Nov. 2008 and i saw my period for that month on the 24th NOV.2008. I dont know if the above can help in interpreting the values of my test. you talked about thyroid . is thyroid a hormone, i taught they have tested for this before in the hormone test. please help me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2009
Dear doc,

We went for another scan today and we saw what looked like 2 bubbles in the stomach area of the baby. The doctor suggested it was due to "mild duodenal blockage" and said nothing canbe done till the baby is born. She is beginning to feel a little amount of fluid leaving her body although the water has not yet broken, so the doctor suggested she has bed rest.

Also, the radiologist put her amniotic fluid index at 16. Doc, I dont know what these complications are all about. Are the bubbles seen in the tummy the "gastric bubbles" you asked me to confirm the other time? Will the baby be ok? And do you suspect the baby has any form of physical or any other type of anomaly.

Many thanks for the free advice doc. God will continue to reward you for me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:23am On Apr 02, 2009
@ dereloaded

Ru 486 (mifeprostone) can be used up to 79 days from the last menstrual period so approximately a 65day fetus.

@ evangelin

No offense taken, truly. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable and I apologize if I did so. It looks like you are ovulating. Remember there is only a 20% chance of pregnancy even when you have sex on the exact date of ovulation. Your cycle is also on the longer side so this means you have less opportunities for fertilization. Be patient and please let me know how it goes
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:26am On Apr 02, 2009
@jody
You lab work looks normal as far as the ovaries and brain. I am still concerned about your thyroid. If we are using the same units
, the number for the t4 seems high which is why I think you need a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) check.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DeReloaded: 12:26am On Apr 02, 2009
kathyekiti:

@ dereloaded

russian 486 (mifeprostone) can be used up to 79 days from the last menstrual period so approximately a 65day fetus

so Aura2 vcan use it then right?

Not sure if they sell it in Naija though

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.