Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879495 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by convivial: 6:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
infogenius:

Since she has not been confirmed pregnant I will advice she goes for a test again next week.Then I will tell u what to do.But then there is a possibility that she will still see her period but the odds is that the medications she has taken will affect her cycle.

@yogun

I just read your earlier post again.You are pregnant period.With lower back pain and those funny symptoms.Start preparing for a baby.

@a doctor in d house
Please how true is the this story, I heard if you use postinor2 it could spoil ur womb and prevent pregnancy ? Any help pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phylumsan: 1:08am On Mar 13, 2012
ufobabe:

DOCTOR, ME SELF I NO UNDERSTAND.

maybe, u can tell the type of bacteria from her symthoms.

1. she had crawling insects all over her body.worm like movement.

2. she is reducing everyday. she is negative 2 HIV, AA genotype, O+ blood group,xtra test NORMAL SIZE

3. at times stifeness in her legs just can't move the right leg.

4. irregular menstration.

5. lost of memory. she sometimes forget easily.

from all these, i guess u can tell the type of bacteria she had.
  please help her
  thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phylumsan: 1:11am On Mar 13, 2012
@ufobabe
advice to do skin snip 4 microfilaria, stool m.c.s,advice to deworm to do abdominopelvic uss to rull out uterine fibroid cos of d hx of irregular cycle
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phylumsan: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2012
@ ufobabe also watch out 4 depression, to see a psychiatrist
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phylumsan: 1:13am On Mar 13, 2012
@ ufobabe also watch out 4 depression, to see a psychiatrist
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kilingmun: 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2012
pls doc my friend had a miscarriage last year november and in dec saw her period but jan and feb she hasnt seen her period but she is having cramps and instead of her period she is having clots of blood pls wats ur advice on this
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jummy4real(f): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
Thanks Dr. for rendering this helpful service to your people. This is a great job, you are quite professional and helpful, You will wax stronger in health, wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2012
Hi Doc, i recently just had a cesarean section precisely on the 25th of dec 2011, and cut has healed pretty well but the problem is some white discharge have been coming out of d lower part of my stomach for a while now. Am i to be worried?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemisyy: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
Hello doctor.i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on friday night.i used postinor 1 on saturday.i threw up a couple of hours after.but i am not sure if i vomited the drug too.then,i saw my period on d following saturday.I'm still not comfortable with this.is there any chance i might be pregnant?please respond.thnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by naanmin(f): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2012
ADEBYTE@naanmin
From all indication, there could have been many things that could have cause lumps under her ampit, like acne or swollen glands but because of the pus, it most likely a cysta-subaceous cyst( infected subaceous gland, found anywhere hair grows) usually caused by plugged up glands
Which eventually cause infection.would have advise both oral and topical antibiotics in the first place b4 d operation.so I would advise that she seek medical help for further blood tests.

Tanks for ur response Doc. She has taken plenty antibiotics and is still taking more right now. At the moment, she has swellings the size of olives on her neck and inner arm arnd the elbow. They are both open and leaking pus. The incisions made during surgery under d armpit and arnd the shoulder are also still open and leaking pus. Wen dis whole thing started, she lost a lot of weight n had lotsa pimples but she has nw regained her weight n d pimples hav cleared. She has run TB, HIV and all oda tests and she was certified clean. All dis only started with pain arnd d shoulder o! Pls wat do u tink?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nabo147: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2012
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Coldfeet(f): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hi doc please I need your help! Today is the 35th! day of what I thought was my period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hehi58(f): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2012
Hi Doc,

Thank you for this forum, i've been married for about 9months and we have been trying for a baby. i just noticed over the last 3 months Jan-Mar 2012 that my periods have been either late or just occur for 2 -3day. I am a period addict so sometime i have my precise period dates for like a whole year and they are usually 26days in btw each other and last full 5days sometimes a little into the 6th day even. This year, In Jan it was 3days late and only lasted for 2days. Feb it was 5days late and lasted 3 days, this march its 3days late and has stopped yesterday which is just the 3rd day again. I am kinda confused and need to know whats going on and if i need to go to the hospital for a check up or something?

Thank you so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gbopemi: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hi House, I must commend the good works being done here.
However, I am a newly wed, got married in October and by the end of November, i found out I was 3 weeks pregnant.But by mid february, it was discovered that there was no heartbeat( was supposed to be 14 weeks then but the scan result showed 12weeks) so I had to go thru induced labour followed by an evacuation procedure.However, I bleeded for 2 weeks and some days then went for a repeat scan exactly a month after which came out fine(everything is ok with my womb).I had symtomps of my period on the 19th march and started my period on the 20th March which ended on the 27th.I then noticed slight bleeding on the 30th of March which is still on till today(3rd April).I called my Doc to tell him of my observation, he said the slight bleeding is normal as a result of the evacuation, that my system istrying to flush out the leftover.My QUESTION NOW IS, IS THIS NORMAL ANDWHEN SHOULD I EXPECT TO OVULATE.Before my pregnancy in November, my cycle ranges between 25 to 26days but I dont know of now.

Looking forward to a response ASAP.

Thank you(pls dont mind my long speech)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stevade(f): 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
Pls doctor in the house my daughter of 12yrs old started her menstruation for the first time jan 5 did it for 3days,she did feb own since then the menstruation refuse to come nd this is april. I want to knon if this is normal thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Silverb(f): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
Hi doctor kathy am really glad ur here.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rafynee(f): 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gudday doctor,
More greese to ur elbow. Keep d gud work up, God Almighty will reward you abundantly.
Plz doc. my circle is 26 days and my flow is just 3 days I would like to know if my period is regular n when am likely to ovulate.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
Gud day Dr. Ketty,
Just want to know if regular intake of Primolut N injection and oral causes stomach protruding as a side effect
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Deduke(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
ĜƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡Ď day doctor, realy kinda need Ɣ☺ΰя help. Am on a 45th day since ma last period and I haven't seen my period since. I had sex abt 2 weeks after ma last period...don't know if am pregnant, I haven't gone for any test. Ma breast is becoming and slightly painful. Am I pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by riac(f): 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hello doctor,i got pregnant early sept last yr bt by 2nd wk of feb dis yr i was filling very uncomfortable $ my tommy was very hard.wen i got 2 d hospital i undergone scan $ was told dere was excess water in my uterus $ i also has fibroid.precisely on d 25th of feb i expelled d babies(twins).i felt soo bad bt dere's notin 2 be done.d doctor gave me 6wks 2 come back 4 check up.my questn now is dat hw can i prevent future occurences of such case & hope d fibroid wnt b a treat 2 my gettin pregnant again & if pregnant hp it wnt afect my baby.i'm still seein blood bt it's nt much $ dere was a time it stoped 4 a wk b4 comin again.wen shld i expect 2 start mensturating back.tnks...

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infocarene: 12:58am On Apr 12, 2012
you never can tell those medical challenges like fibroid,infertility and what have you will surely obey and bow to FOOD SUPPLEMENTS .HOW DO I KNOW? FOOD SUPPLEMENT BEGIN THEIR WORK FROM THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR BODY WHICH ISYOUR CELL-TISSUE-ORGAN-SYSTEM-THEN BODY.ALTHOUGH not many people are aware of the power of food supplement the truth is that they WORKKS EFFECTIVELY i will suggest you take a look at www.dietnwellness.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sweetstjoy(f): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
Doctor....im 30yrs old with one child....
I saw my last period on 19th jan, prior to this time, it has been regular..done series of pregnancy tests home test, blood test and a scan all came out negative, from the scan everything seems okay....i was asked to do a hormonal profile..the result is yet to be out,
within this period ive gained excessive weight i ve consistent back ache and tiredness, im so confused and me and my husband have been ttc, im not on any prescription or contraceptives(never been). i usually have this pain on my breasts when im expecting my period or even wen im pregnant...but i dont have any of such now... pls what could the issue be and what are the steps to gettin better...
tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundesto(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2012
Doctor in the house I need your advice. My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant to no avail. She had two miscarriages last year the first(pregnancy was about 3months old)in January and the second (about 2months)in August. The second miscarriage led to ectopic and one fallopian tube was removed via operation in September. We have seen a doctor who gave us some fertility drugs with good result as follicles were developed but we still can't achieve conception. Test done in the past showed some uterine fibroid. What shall we do to get pregnant. Could it be that I am responsible because I can't release more than once a day?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omonikiba(f): 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello doctors, pls I need an interpretation on this hsg result, am scared of d defect mentioned but I know God's report is ok for me. Here:the demonstrated uterus shows fairly regular outlines, there is an oval filling defect noted within the lower segment. Pls somebody interprete for me, does this sense any abnormality if yes, what is d solution?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by PA1982(f): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2012
^^^What did your doctor say when they gave you those results, omonikiba?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omonikiba(f): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2012
@PA1982, I have not seen my doctor, was reffered to a lab for the test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by PA1982(f): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
omonikiba: @PA1982, I have not seen my doctor, was reffered to a lab for the test.
Wasn't it a doctor who refered you to the lab?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Elegant154(f): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
good day
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:08am On May 01, 2012
hi@kathy. Am a student in my mid 20's.i just got maried nd i do nt intend 2 get pregnant until after skul. The problem nw is i am 1 month pregnant nd i cant carry pregnancy tru skul, do u have an domestic way of abortion without using pills?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.