Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877553 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 4shizzle(f): 6:29am On Aug 14, 2012
Good day doctor,

Please what could be the explanation for waist and lower back ache and sometimes pelvic ache.
Also have a bloated stomach and been having cramps. Feels like I have a lot of gas in me and i feel relieved when i pass wind
I have seen my period twice since all this symptoms started.
Did a home pregnancy test that came out negative. All this started when I became sexually active 2 months ago. I was excited i could be pregnant but came out negative. Can it be an ovarian cyst? Awaiting your response. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2012
stephanieoghogh: Hello doctor,ℓ̊ was once treated for urinarytract infection i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my early teenage years,buh as times passed ℓ̊ noticed after my cycle ℓ̊ normally hv very thick discharges and its comes out without any control,pls would love to get Чя urgent response,thanks
I will have to ask some questions.For how long have you been going thru this form of discharge? And what are the symptoms that you are currently experiencing that are not normal?

darne: @InfoGenious
Doctor, please a lady was pregnant for 2weeks of which she had a miscarriage, three weeks later she was adviced to do Ultra sound cos she still felt like there is still pregnancy, and her Ultra sound result reads thus : Ultrasound findings: uterus contains single gestational sac no fetal pole seen !

So she's asking and wants to know what that really mean, Does it mean she's still pregnant or no pregnancy was found ??,...Please I need your response doctor !
Thank you

As it is after five weeks, no heartbeat detected and and no fetal pole seen.A miscarriage no doubt has occured.And as such she is no longer carrying a foetus.

4shizzle: Good day doctor,

Please what could be the explanation for waist and lower back ache and sometimes pelvic ache.
Also have a bloated stomach and been having cramps. Feels like I have a lot of gas in me and i feel relieved when i pass wind
I have seen my period twice since all this symptoms started.
Did a home pregnancy test that came out negative. All this started when I became sexually active 2 months ago. I was excited i could be pregnant but came out negative. Can it be an ovarian cyst? Awaiting your response. Thank you

Symptoms point to a cyst as you have said but I will advice you go for diagnosis from a doctor.

safeLove: Good day docs,thanks for this good job. Hubby and I are trying for a baby. I noticed that I had my flow twice last month (2nd and 5th week of july).I also noticed that right now,I am still having some bloody dischage/spotting. I am trying not to worry about it. Pls what could be the problem?
Thanks

Pls let me know the number of cycle days you had before last July.Was your cycle days regular before last July? May be you furnish me with some symptoms that you have seen since last month or anytime.And of course do not worry about it.You will be ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sashaa(f): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Gud evenin house docs, please i usually take felvin during my monthly period to subside d mentrual pains (they ar really painful) my concern is if d drug has any known side effect. I've been taking it for about 5years now..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Omadachi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good day ob/gyn any one who can help.I have a female friend who is 18 years of age but unfortunate she has not develop any bosom neither has she started mensurating(not seeing her period).This has been giving me a serious concern.What could be responsible for this?At 18 years for a lady not to have stated seeing her period and without a bosom.Is there any medical remedy for this?Thou she was taken to hospital and the Doctor has requested for some laboratory test to be carried iut but i want to be educated on this.Anyone with any information should pls help me out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stephanieoghogh: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
been having this discharge for close to 5months nw,(could also be very watery)and some abnormalities include some unusual pains around dat area when bathing,thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pheesayor(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2012
Good day Doc, a friend of mine's period is three weeks late. Earlier two urine pregnancy tests have been carried out one week apart, test was negative. Then blood pregnancy test was also carried out few days later and it's still negative. She's been having nauseating feelings every morning.
She had unprotected sex towards the end of her last cycle but took postinor2, the period was delayed by a week. There has been sex twice after then but protected. She's really worried what could be wrong? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by safeLove(f): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2012
[b][/b][b][/b]Pls let me know the number of cycle days you had before last July.Was your cycle days regular before last July? May be you furnish me with some symptoms that you have seen since last month or anytime.And of course do not worry about it.You will be ok.

Thanks doc.
Before july my it has been a fairly regular 28 days cycle i.e + or - 2days. I haven't had any symptoms at all except for some slight headache from time to time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by elainemia(f): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hello doc,exactly a year ago, I put in a contraceptive implant in my left upper arm, that was 2mths after I had my 3rd baby.2wks after I put the implant, I had a normal menstrual flow after which it didn't come again all through my breastfeeding period(1 year). I stopped breastfeeding in june and its about 2mths now without any menstrual flow. But recently, about 10 days ago I started spotting and its been going on till today as I write. Just spottings, not a normal flow for ten days now.I used to have my periods every 28 days for 4 days before I started having babies. I AM WORRIED! Could it be due to the implant? Is it normal? Is it going to stop? Waiting for your response. Thanks in anticipation.

NB: this is the first time I'm using family planning contraceptives in all my 3 pregnancies and 5+ years of marriage and even as a single lady. And I usually menstruate one month after delivery and through breastfeeding, usually 1 year(6mths exclusive & 6mths with added foods)in my 2 previous pregnancies though its usually irregular.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NaMe4: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
^^^ Yes, it is due to the implant.
The contraceptive you are using is a progesterone-only hormonal contraceptive and the commonest side effect is irregular bleeding.

Don't worry, it usually doesn't persist and is usually in little amounts or spottings as you mentioned.

You should not hesitate to see your doctor if you experience any additional symptoms.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nonylove: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2012
hi doc,
please am in my 30s had my 1st child abt 1yr nd half ago foe sevaral months nw my period is irregular nd wn it comes it last only for 2 days without rushing. what could be the problem and how can i control this? thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
nonylove: hi doc,
please am in my 30s had my 1st child abt 1yr nd half ago foe sevaral months nw my period is irregular nd wn it comes it last only for 2 days without rushing. what could be the problem and how can i control this? thank u

I would want you to describe the regularity of your cycle in details.

1. Prior to "your cycle irregularity", how many days cycle do u have? (I mean from the end of one menstruation to the beginning of another)

2. How many days cycle do u have now?

3. How many days does your menses last before?

4. How many pads do you use on the average everyday prior to your problem?

5. Is it well soaked with blood dripping from it on removal? Have u ever seen blood clot on it?

6. How many pads do you use now?

7. How old are u exactly?

8. What exactly is your problem? Is it that of infertility on menstrual irregularity?

If it is that of menstrual irregularity, then you don't have to be so worried about it because it can be caused by a lot of factors. The major cause in our environment is hormonal imbalance which can be due to a lot of things which includes stress, contaceptive pills/devices, etc.
It corrects on its own. When the specific cause has been identified like pelvic inflammatory disease, womb adhesion, etc, then it can be corrected medically or surgically. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nonylove: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
ACM10:

I would want you to describe the regularity of your cycle in details.

1. Prior to "your cycle irregularity", how many days cycle do u have? (I mean from the end of one menstruation to the beginning of another)

2. How many days cycle do u have now?

3. How many days does your menses last before?

4. How many pads do you use on the average everyday prior to your problem?

5. Is it well soaked with blood dripping from it on removal? Have u ever seen blood clot on it?

6. How many pads do you use now?

7. How old are u exactly?

8. What exactly is your problem? Is it that of infertility on menstrual irregularity?

If it is that of menstrual irregularity, then you don't have to be so worried about it because it can be caused by a lot of factors. The major cause in our environment is hormonal imbalance which can be due to a lot of things which includes stress, contaceptive pills/devices, etc.
It corrects on its own. When the specific cause has been identified like pelvic inflammatory disease, womb adhesion, etc, then it can be corrected medically or surgically. Cheers

30 days to be precise before the irregularity but now it is almost 36 days nd some times more than 36 days before i see my period. i have done the hormonal test b4 wn i didnt see my period for 3 mnths b4 i got married and the result came out fine with no issues with my hormones. normally i use 1 pad daily before which is usually full with blood and last f0r 5 days though last day is spotty nw i still use 1 pad but nt with so much flow which last 4 like 2 days with d 3rd day spotty. am 31yrs my problem is the irregularity. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
nonylove:

30 days to be precise before the irregularity but now it is almost 36 days nd some times more than 36 days before i see my period.
Normal menstrual cycle is 21 - 35 days. Almost 36 days can be interpreted as 35 days. So you are still within normal range. Though at the upper limit of normal. There is no cause for alarm. It do happen. The fact that you are worried about it is not helping matter. Relax your mind. Place yourself on a healthy diet. Exercise and spend more leisure time with your husband. It will correct within months.

I have done the hormonal test b4 wn i didnt see my period for 3 mnths b4 i got married and the result came out fine with no issues with my hormones.
I'm not surprised! Physiology of the female reproductive system is not perfect. It tends to change from time to time in response to certain external factors. You don't have to be worried about it. I don't know the hormones that were assayed. But I want to let u know that hormonal imbalance is mostly physiological alteration. You don't have to be worried about pathological process. But if you insist on hormone assay, I expect you to visit a Teaching hospital where a proper and reliable hormone assay will be done

normally i use 1 pad daily before which is usually full with blood and last f0r 5 days though last day is spotty nw i still use 1 pad but nt with so much flow which last 4 like 2 days with d 3rd day spotty.
Menses lasts between 2days to 7days. Once again, you are within normal limit. Though at the lower limit of normal. So you are normal

am 31yrs my problem is the irregularity.
There is no reason for me to suspect menopause or early menopause. Early menopause occurs from the age of 35. The age of menopause in our environment is between the age of 45yrs to 55yrs.
Finally, get the menstrual irregularity off your mind. Go about your normal activities as if nothing is amiss. Focus on other activities of life. It will correct when you focus your mind less on it.

thanks
You are welcome
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nonylove: 12:54am On Sep 03, 2012
Thank you so much doc, I really appreciate!
God bless you !
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Doctor good day sir,

Am 37yrs old now with a child born with CS. I have 26days circle. But I realize that my mensural period flow as follow
1st-2nd day -partial flow
3rd day- stain, 4th day disappear. I don't understand what really happen.Do i need to go for check up.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
jidebobo: Doctor good day sir,

Am 37yrs old now with a child born with CS. I have 26days circle. But I realize that my mensural period flow as follow
1st-2nd day -partial flow

3rd day- stain, 4th day disappear. I don't understand what really happen.Do i need to go for check up.

What do u mean by partial flow? Can u quantify it with the number of pads used in a day and how soaked are those pads?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Just one pad with little flow.
Dr. Please I will like to know how many years one can wait b/4 conceiving again after delivering with CS thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
jidebobo: Just one pad with little flow.
Dr. Please I will like to know how many years one can wait b/4 conceiving again after delivering with CS thanks.

Pls meet your gynaecologist. We might not have sufficient info about your condition to give you a sound medical advice. I believe that the gynaecologist will offer a superior advice based on the clinical scenario observed by him/her
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Just one pad with little flow.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
jidebobo: Just one pad with little flow.

Having a history of previous C/S delivery in a 37yrs old mother makes it more likely that you will need the services of a gynaecologist. Fertility tend to decrease from that age. So your case cannot be solved by correspondence. It requires careful examinations and investigations handled by a competent hand. No need to while your time here. Visit your nearest teaching hospital. It's cheaper than private hospitals. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2012
@doctor in house pls is there any way to unblock falopian tubes . Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
jidebobo: @doctor in house pls is there any way to unblock falopian tubes . Thanks

If I may ask, how do you know that the fallopian tube in question is blocked?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
After having the 1st child as @ 2006 till now no pregnancy, the couple have gone for test and it was discover that something fluid formed in falopian tubes of the woman.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
jidebobo: After having the 1st child as @ 2006 till now no pregnancy, the couple have gone for test and it was discover that something fluid formed in falopian tubes of the woman.

It may be possible that hysterosalpingography revealed that the fallopian tube(s) is not patent. The options for treatment should be discussed with your gynaecologist. Some of them includes microsurgery on the fallopian tube and in-vitro fertlization(IVF). Both options might circumvent infertility and enable you to conceive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:45am On Sep 07, 2012
jidebobo: @doctor in house pls is there any way to unblock falopian tubes . Thanks
Yes,depending on the type and cause of blockage but from what I read hear,Fertility massage and the castor oil therapy can help unblock them.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 5:38am On Sep 07, 2012
^pls ignore him
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
ACM10: ^pls ignore him
I beg your pardon,it will be very abnormal if you want to limit people
to the limited knowledge u have.The information I gave above is very correct
and I will like you to do proper research before making comments like this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gcue: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
Doctor, just want to know if there is a permanent cure for premature ejaculation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lanjum(f): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls Doctor hw can one solve vagina offensive odour,since yesterday I have been perceiving odour frm my womanhood which is very offensive. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACM10: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
lanjum: Pls Doctor hw can one solve vagina offensive odour,since yesterday I have been perceiving odour frm my womanhood which is very offensive. Thanks

Maintain your personal hygiene. Wash with lukewarm water from time to time. Don't wash with SOAPS, ANTISEPTICS or WARM WATER! Doing so will only worsen the odour. Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by santagelo25(m): 10:53am On Sep 13, 2012
Hi
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bisjosh(f): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
Please my dear people what could cause abnomal menstral cycle? This happened to my cousin today. She saw her period 2 weeks after the previous shocked She's in panic though she went to see a doctor and he ran a scan on her. The result showed that there is nothing wrong with her angry What could be the cause of this please sad embarassed cry

NB She is still a virgin

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.