Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879311 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wunmi38: 6:53am On Mar 29, 2013
A friend of mine has been married for years and they have not been able to have child, the wife has done a fibrod operations and series of test and the hubby has also done sperm test twice both according to her the were both good to go but still no issue till date, she said the hubby is not finding it easy from family and friends. She also used climond and other drugs till date no response what can you adive they have spent lots of fund that she is now finding difficult asking for money from the hubby what can you advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Iyabeta: 1:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Dear Doctors in the House,

May the good Lord reward you all for the good work you are doing.

I have come to you in desperation for your medical advise.

I had a miscarraige in Dec 2012 and a scan taken about 2 weeks later showed that there were still tissues that I needed to pass out. I was given some tablets to enable me release the tissues on the 16th of January and I bled for almost two weeks.

I've been having regular intercouse with my hubby since mid february and after taken those drugs in January, I am yet to see my period.

I am very worried because my period has never been late. I have taken about 2 home pregnancy tests which were negative and I have also done a scan which didnt show any baby but only showed the fibroids in my womb. I have been told to come for a rescan in two weeks.

I spotted blood for a few hours around 1st week in March and also had slight cramps in between my legs and that was all. I am still having this severe backaches and high body temperature.

Could it be that I am pregnant again? If yes, why is it not showing in the scan? and If no, what could make my period seize for two months past?

Please Doctors, your response would be highly appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bhusawlar(f): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2013
nk you for your response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dpaveun(f): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2013
Nice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by amdman: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hello Doctor,

What is the best time to do a hormonal profile?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
waooo dis is great thread i luv dis,doctor thanks for being here
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2013
Abaniwol: tnx doc.4 ur reply.pls hw lng wil it tak 4d hormone 2 become balance agn.nd hw or where cn i get d drug.does it also means am nt ovulating.tnx
Check my answers to ur last post.Balancing your hormones could just take this cycle.

jidebobo: DR,help me attend to this questions. I had my 1st child 4yrs ago through cs. I & my hubby has been trying to have another baby no way. What can I do?

my menstrual flow last at most two days,not even up to 24hrs and its very light,it flows and stops and continues again during one period,for eg,i start my period yesterday,no flow today at al,tomorrow the light flow continues again,doctors in the house,is this normal?am 37 years,and it has always been like this.

Sorry I didn't attend to this question in my response.Relax urself,you will have another baby (twins)
I will say categorically that it is not normal.Permit me to ask for how long have you been having this experience?
Have you seen a dr with respect to this issue?
What kind of funny feelings have u been experiencing in ur body? example pains ,sweats I hope you get me now anything unusual.

wunmi38: A friend of mine has been married for years and they have not been able to have child, the wife has done a fibrod operations and series of test and the hubby has also done sperm test twice both according to her the were both good to go but still no issue till date, she said the hubby is not finding it easy from family and friends. She also used climond and other drugs till date no response what can you adive they have spent lots of fund that she is now finding difficult asking for money from the hubby what can you advice

I do not know how old ur friend is or her medical history.But if I were to advice in one sitting.She should stop worrying,this is one main cause of delayed conception.Reason is that anxiety and depression do not support conception.She should take good care of herself,minding what she eats of course more of veggies and fruits (pineapple not encouraged),have adequate and good sleep.And possibly stop taking drugs.
Tell to standstill and see the salvation of God.She is not the maker or giver of children so why should she worry.God is more than able to give more than just a child.
Finally what is her menstrual cycle like?

Iyabeta: Dear Doctors in the House,

May the good Lord reward you all for the good work you are doing.

I have come to you in desperation for your medical advise.

I had a miscarraige in Dec 2012 and a scan taken about 2 weeks later showed that there were still tissues that I needed to pass out. I was given some tablets to enable me release the tissues on the 16th of January and I bled for almost two weeks.

I've been having regular intercouse with my hubby since mid february and after taken those drugs in January, I am yet to see my period.

I am very worried because my period has never been late. I have taken about 2 home pregnancy tests which were negative and I have also done a scan which didnt show any baby but only showed the fibroids in my womb. I have been told to come for a rescan in two weeks.

I spotted blood for a few hours around 1st week in March and also had slight cramps in between my legs and that was all. I am still having this severe backaches and high body temperature.

Could it be that I am pregnant again? If yes, why is it not showing in the scan? and If no, what could make my period seize for two months past?

Please Doctors, your response would be highly appreciated.

Iyabeta,It is very possible that the evacuation is not complete since you felt pains between ur legs.It is unlikely you are pregnant.I will want you to see a dr for proper checkup/diagnosis.
As for ur period u have just gone thru a wonderful experience.It will take a while for ur body to regulate and then ur menstrual cycle will return.

bhusawlar: hello doctor,
my cousin is 10 weeks pregnant and she cant just keep anything in her tommy, she throws up so much that she has lost alot of weight.please what can stop the nausae, her doctor prescribed some drugs to manage the vommiting but it aint helping much, she has also tried ginger and honey and also smelling lemon but none has worked. please what do u suggest.
she recently went for a scan and the result reads
SCAN REVEALS:
Observed within the intra uterine cavity of the anteverted and gravid uterus is an actively pulsating fetal pole within the gestational sac.
also noted within the anterior uterine segmet is an intral mural fibroid mass measuring about 34*30 mm l*b in size
nil per cul-de-sac
urinary bladder is sonographically normal
viable early cyesis and myoma
please is the baby safe.
thank you for your response

Yes the baby is safe.But of course she should seek medical attention.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 7:39am On Apr 02, 2013
dpaveun: This page is really informative and has enlightened a great deal....kudos Doctor.
I saw my peRiod on the 14th & I tried as much as I could to notice the egg white stretchy discharge during my ovulation and I noticed it came on wed & thurs the 27th n 28th March,but to my surprise, I saw it this morning, 1st of April too as I was abt wiping so clear n stretchy though has some white spotting but it was stretchy, could it be that am still ovulating?

It is not surprising though.Your fertile periods starts about 4-5days before ovulation occurs proper.I may not be able to know if u're ovulating now as I do not know the length of ur cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dpaveun(f): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2013
infogenius:

It is not surprising though.Your fertile periods starts about 4-5days before ovulation occurs proper.I may not be able to know if u're ovulating now as I do not know the length of ur cycle.

The length of my cycle is 27days & I started 14th of March
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2013
Good morning Doc, pls Doc you didn't reply to my answer concerning the mucus that comes out from me that is not stretchy during ovulation. And right now am having slight pain,and my period will be due this week,but I pray is not pre-menstrual pain but pregnancy pain,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2013
Goldenbaby: Yes Doc,I see the creamy lotion mucus during my ovulation and through out my luteal phase,it even stain my undies..

To answer ur question please do this simple test to know whether it is cm or just secretion.Pls take a little/sample of the mucus into water.If it forms a blob and sink then it is cm but it is normal secretion it will just dissolve.
I hope it is not itchy or smelly?

dpaveun:

The length of my cycle is 27days & I started 14th of March
This does not concern u oh.But some PCOS women experience multiple patches of cm during their menstrual cycles.Is it a frequent occurrence in ur previous cycles or u just experienced it in this cycle only?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dpaveun(f): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2013
infogenius:

To answer ur question please do this simple test to know whether it is cm or just secretion.Pls take a little/sample of the mucus into water.If it forms a blob and sink then it is cm but it is normal secretion it will just dissolve.
I hope it is not itchy or smelly?

This does not concern u oh.But some PCOS women experience multiple patches of cm during their menstrual cycles.Is it a frequent occurrence in ur previous cycles or u just experienced it in this cycle only?

My cycle is very regular so I'm sure its not PCOS, just wanna know how long ovualtion last cos av read many different things abt ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2013
No Doc,is not itchy or smelly. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
dpaveun:

My cycle is very regular so I'm sure its not PCOS, just wanna know how long ovualtion last cos av read many different things abt ovulation
The ovulation period itself lasts 24 to 48 hours
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
Good afternoon Doc, I did the simple test u asked me to do, d stuff dissolves inside,so it is secretion not mc, pls hope d secretion is normal,is much whenever I wipe after peeing, and my period will be due dis week.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shithapuns: 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
sometimes when implantation occurs..i learnt a lil mucus n cramps flows for a couple of days..the good doc can clarify
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gbamar(f): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hello Doctor, I notice that while breathing my virginal also breath(expand and extract)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=

You are still young and good to go at 34.

Well fish, nuts, olive oil and avocados,oranges and vegetables,sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat bread,brown rice,pasta
foods rich in vitamin B-6, such as avocado, spinach, broccoli, beans and potatoes will help to improve normal mentrual cycles and helps your ovaries to release eggs.

We can provide you with supplements (delivered at your home) that can help balance your hormones and follicle quality also with sperm related issues.Just mail me @ myhealthchoices3@gmail.com

Nevertheless,beans,avocadoes,tigernuts,fresh vegetables such as ugwu is solid to boost sperm count.No red meat please fish like sardines is great.

[/quote]

Hello Doc, I sent you an email on myhealthchoices3@gmail.com and no response.
Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 10:39am On Apr 04, 2013
HELLO DOCTOR
May the lord bless you.Please i need an urgent advice.I was planing to conceive in February so i had intimate with my husband on 2nd February.I have a regular period of 28days and my last period started January 23rd and ended 27th January 2013.Since then i have been having pregnancy symptoms and I've missed my period.It now happened on 27th march,i took dansa juice,immediately i notice i started having pains like menstrual pain,the following morning i started bleeding then lumps started coming out.After about six days days that was on 1st April the bleeding stop.then yesterday 3rd April i took viju milk i started feeling pains again and starts bleeding.Thou i went for a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.
PLS DOCTOR I'm seriously afraid and confuse,is it that there are still some blood that needs to come out or i should stop taking sugary things for the mean time.Can you pls prescribe drug i can use to stop the bleeding.When is likely my next period.I also want to conceive when is likely the date to have intimate with my husband because he is really disturbing me to give him a baby.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
Goldenbaby: Good afternoon Doc, I did the simple test u asked me to do, d stuff dissolves inside,so it is secretion not mc, pls hope d secretion is normal,is much whenever I wipe after peeing, and my period will be due dis week.
I do not know when you started experiencing this secretions.I will just suggest that you chill and see if it repeats itself in your next cycle.But in interim i will advice you change ur undies.

Gbamar: Hello Doctor, I notice that while breathing my virginal also breath(expand and extract)
That is very good, your PC muscle is intact.

@Mar-July;I will check d mail later and answer any unanswered mail.Pls bear with me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hi doc,I'll be 29 in august. Got married last year dec. Being tryin to concieve since den. I went for a hormonal test and d result is as below.
LH-8.3miu/ml
FSH-7.1 miu/ml
Prolactin 26 ng/ml
Progesterone 5.8ng/ml
E2-71pg/ml.
My period runs between 29 to 32 days. But since I started taking folic acid, last month it was 28 days.
My period was on 11th of march, my husband and I were intimate on 21,22,23,24,25 and 28th march. On d 24th I had lower abdominal pain on my right side which lasted for 2days. On tue 2nd april,I started having cramps like my period is coming which has increased today 4th.and I've also noticed dt my husbands fluid licks out a lot after intercourse.my husband has also done sperm analysis and the result was ok. Pls can you tell me what might be wrong. Or is it that I haven't been timing my ovulation well.pls I need your advice.
‎​•·♥·♡ τнäиκs ♥·♡·•°.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by larayat(f): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Pls any doc in d house...I av a twin sis dah has virgina discharges....its yellowish in colour n thick like yorgurt..she says its smells afta awhile....n dis startd arnd Dec 2012...she was hopn it wil stop but it hasn't....n shez realy shy of goin 2 d clinic....pls if derz anytin she can take....n am stil d closest person she can confide in...pls...I'l b patiently waitn 4 your medical advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
chic ah!:
Hi doc,I'll be 29 in august. Got married last year dec. Being tryin to concieve since den. I went for a hormonal test and d result is as below.
LH-8.3miu/ml
FSH-7.1 miu/ml
Prolactin 26 ng/ml
Progesterone 5.8ng/ml
E2-71pg/ml.
My period runs between 29 to 32 days. But since I started taking folic acid, last month it was 28 days.
My period was on 11th of march, my husband and I were intimate on 21,22,23,24,25 and 28th march. On d 24th I had lower abdominal pain on my right side which lasted for 2days. On tue 2nd april,I started having cramps like my period is coming which has increased today 4th.and I've also noticed dt my husbands fluid licks out a lot after intercourse.my husband has also done sperm analysis and the result was ok. Pls can you tell me what might be wrong. Or is it that I haven't been timing my ovulation well.pls I need your advice.
‎​•·♥·♡ τнäиκs ♥·♡·•°.

My sister,the test reveals high levels of prolactin as normal levels falls between 3.8-23.2 and as such may interfere with ovulation.The resultant effect is decreased level of progesterone as seen in ur result.So you have high levels of prolactin and low level of progesterone as stated by the result.You will have to balance your hormones.

And as for leaking sperm,I will give you my two cents.Many of us go to work during the day and come back home stressed up and tired.The male fluid after all this hustle may not maintain its thickness as it should normally be.Now my two cents,bd in the wee hours of the morning when the body must have rested properly and his fluid fresh(in fact intimacy is sweeter at this time). After bd, place ur backside on a pillow and relax for about 30 minutes.No toilet visiting within this period.God will help you.

larayat: Pls any doc in d house...I av a twin sis dah has virgina discharges....its yellowish in colour n thick like yorgurt..she says its smells afta awhile....n dis startd arnd Dec 2012...she was hopn it wil stop but it hasn't....n shez realy shy of goin 2 d clinic....pls if derz anytin she can take....n am stil d closest person she can confide in...pls...I'l b patiently waitn 4 your medical advice.

Pls let her see a doctor.Being shy will only add to her problems.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 06, 2013
*bookmarked*
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 06, 2013
Pls how can i stop odour coming out of my vagina,i am menstrating now and can't go out because it smells alot,my urine smells and i have rashes and abdominal pains. Am hiv negative and have tried 2 get cure but nothing seems to work.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 06, 2013
^^does this only happen during your cycle?
(not to be all up in your business).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 6:33am On Apr 06, 2013
hi DR. I real appreciatte ur work here God bless u,pls i gave birth on 27 november ad ve not see my mestration.some times i wil be veing cramp on my lower abdomen.pls what could dis be pls help me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=infogenius]

My sister,the test reveals high levels of prolactin as normal levels falls between 3.8-23.2 and as such may interfere with ovulation.The resultant effect is decreased level of progesterone as seen in ur result.So you have high levels of prolactin and low level of progesterone as stated by the result.You will have to balance your hormones.

And as for leaking sperm,I will give you my two cents.Many of us go to work during the day and come back home stressed up and tired.The male fluid after all this hustle may not maintain its thickness as it should normally be.Now my two cents,bd in the wee hours of the morning when the body must have rested properly and his fluid fresh(in fact intimacy is sweeter at this time). After bd, place ur backside on a pillow and relax for about 30 minutes.No toilet visiting within this period.God will help you.

‎​•·♥·♡ τнäиκs ♥·♡·•° a lot doc. Pls can u advise me on d medication or suppliment to take for d hormonal balance. Ill really appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 6:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Hello Doc,
I am 31 yrs old, my monthly flow doesn't usually come with cramps, but last mnth it came wt painful but bearable cramps so also this mnth, I started feeling cramps like 3days ago then dis morning wen I wiped I saw blood.
I am trying for a baby and I met on my fertile & ovulation day (day 10 &14) of my mc.
What is wrong wt me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.