Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya (43640 Views)

Innocence Of Muslims: The Controversial Movie Responsible For Recent Protests / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by princemol: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
espn: Attack islam..nd u expect us to be silent..u joke!
that's it, the spirit of violence speaking thruogh you.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, they need to feel good about themselves and their religion, I said it before.

grin grin grin grin

That's a bad trend! Islam isn't the devil - the manipulators are..

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

It wasn't meant for you. Get MEANING from a store near you if you need it.

#Hehehe

grin lol, as if you know I love shopping. Will do. Peace!!!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Ramtzy: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
The US will continue to get this much hatred from the muslims around the world as long as they continue to be remote-controlled by the Zionist Isreali government to destabilize the muslim world
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by kaeto(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

Sorry mate, I don't have time for you... I can't let you mess up my IQ with your medieval mentality.. Oh yeah, America is the big saviour of the world, simpleton... grin

Come back when you finally get a functioning brain, the one you've got right now seems to be dysfunctional...

Better yet, feed your brain to a scavenger and go buy a new one... undecided
shymexx? Mn, Mn, mchew, just a 9 year old transgendered...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:
Na you talk am. If Muslims didn't kill one that violated the sanctity of their place of worship whilst they had the power to do so, you had better learn from them how they managed that and seek to replicate it elsewhere where ignorance and poverty hold sway instead of seeking to bash Islam to make you feel good about yourself. Isn't that what anyone who wants to truly save lives should do?

Ignorance and poverty eh? Osama Bin Laden - was he ignorant and poor? Abdul Muttalab who attended UCL and had rich parents - was he ignorant and poor too? Libyan Muslims have a higher standard of living and education than Nigerians - by what measure are they 'poor and ignorant'?

The fact that some Muslims in the Southwest (who aren't regarded as true Muslims by those up North anyways) didn't kill someone is due more to their stronger cultural sense of reason (being Yorubas) than any Muslim restraint or sense of reason.

Come up with new excuses please - maybe it's the harsh desert sunlight making them go mad. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ramtzy: The US will continue to get this much hatred from the muslims around the world as long as they continue to be remote-controlled by the Zionist Isreali government to destabilize the muslim world

Another sensible dimension..

People forgot the anti-western sentiment in the Islamic world started after the creation of Israel.. undecided
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
kaeto: shymexx? Mn, Mn, mchew, just a 9 year old transgendered...

Thanks for being a fan!! wink grin
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Lovine: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by shy
You are right, evil things are easily joined and it is always very difficult for someone to join a good thing in a large number
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

i donno...pls tell us what religion Boko Haram is forcing upon Nigerians?

AMvanquish:

The religion the morons you claim are forcing upon Nigerians is not the religion I was
I was Brought up with.

Thats strange...cos it sounds like one and the same (Unless ur publicly denying ur religion?)
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by princeajuwon(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
If u claimed dat there is LAW and yet there is no respect for peoples' faith and believe,then how do u define d LAW u claimed it exist?what is happening in d WORLD 2day is as a result of lack of respect for the way of life some people chose.WHY always Islam and Muslim,you cant change us that's our way of life,we dont chose to be muslims but we are blessed and chosen by ALLAH to His religion.You cal Muslims terrorist when they stand to protect Islam and u cal it LAW wen people are terrorising them just because of their faith.Now a film is produced portraying our beloved prophet as such and you want us to keep silent.Ask ursef have u ever seen such produced by a muslim abt Jesus?u cant see it cos we luv him and we respect him.Please its high tym pple understand how we feel about our religion and our prophet.PLEASE REFLECT AND STOP SENTIMENTAL COMMENT.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by debosky(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't my point, my point is that we need to stop over overemphasizing every blowback that happens between two 'people' who used to have a cosy relationship - that later turned sour...

This statement is quite daft - was the movie a US Sponsored movie? What exactly is the souring of relationship between Libya and the US that you're talking about? The same Libya that is literally throwing open its doors to attract US investment?

Is Islam a bad religion? I don't think so because all the Muslims I know are decent people...

This is a poorly thought out way to come to a conclusion - knowing decent Muslims does not mean it is Islam that makes them decent. I would assume this to be elementary logic, but apparently it isn't.

Are the extremists in Islam bad?? Obviously, based on their antecedents... But why do we demonise a religion of about 1.5billion people because of the barbaric nature of the few extremists??

Define 'a few'.

If the religion of the other 5+ billion people doesn't generate as many 'extremists', why should we refrain from examining what it is about Islam that generates this excessive level of extremism?

Isolated people would always find solace in an isolated belief system - and it's not surprising that most of these black kids are finding solace in Islam...

Islam is not isolated - by your own admission it's a religion of over 1.5billion people - how is it isolated?

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:

Ignorance and poverty eh? Osama Bin Laden - was he ignorant and poor? Abdul Muttalab who attended UCL and had rich parents - was he ignorant and poor too? Libyan Muslims have a higher standard of living and education than Nigerians - by what measure are they 'poor and ignorant'?

The fact that some Muslims in the Southwest (who aren't regarded as true Muslims by those up North anyways) didn't kill someone is due more to their stronger cultural sense of reason (being Yorubas) than any Muslim restraint or sense of reason.

Come up with new excuses please - maybe it's the harsh desert sunlight making them go mad. undecided

wow...so untill u decide to kill for ur religion,ur not considered a true muslim?
Im still trying to understand where the "peaceful" part comes in.. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:

Stop jumping about, that post was in response to your reference to Northern Nigeria.

As for Osama and the likes- the issues have been overflogged on Nairaland. Was he not working for the CIA at first? Your style of argument is poor. Read the thread on the killing of the US Ambassador as well.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Classicalman(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx: Food for thought:

You guys keep demonising Islam by saying Islam is bad, but do you know Islam is the fastest growing religion among black youths in diaspora?? The more you isolate Islam, the more Islam becomes more appealing to isolated black kids in all the slums in black diaspora...

The trend is scary because these youths believe Islam is the religion that would save the world and anything white people don't like, is definitely for black people... And these youths are not even following moderate Islam but the extreme ideology... The future is scary!!

I'm not into religion but isolation has its consequences... I live in peace with my believe in God and not religion - but it's dangerous to isolate people and their faith/belief system.. This problematic trend has to stop..
Why don't you just admit that you are muslim and quit lying about it in all your posts. And yes, islam in the fastest growing religion. Only in your silly dreams and in your brethrens' almajiri infested north, somalia and sudan.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
princeajuwon: If u claimed dat there is LAW and yet there is no respect for peoples' faith and believe,then how do u define d LAW u claimed it exist?what is happening in d WORLD 2day is as a result of lack of respect for the way of life some people chose.WHY always Islam and Muslim,you cant change us that's our way of life,we dont chose to be muslims but we are blessed and chosen by ALLAH to His religion.You cal Muslims terrorist when they stand to protect Islam and u cal it LAW wen people are terrorising them just because of their faith.Now a film is produced portraying our beloved prophet as such and you want us to keep silent.Ask ursef have u ever seen such produced by a muslim abt Jesus?u cant see it cos we luv him and we respect him.Please its high tym pple understand how we feel about our religion and our prophet.PLEASE REFLECT AND STOP SENTIMENTAL COMMENT.

Did u quote all this when BH was doing their misdeeds?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by KayDee4: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

and wasnt the davincci code together with Angels and Demons shown in movie theaters? and isnt the book still sold on the streets till this day?

You lot are really justifying and supporting the killings...No wonder Boko Haram has the guts to do wht they do

[size=13pt] Oh pleaseeeee !!!! Justify what ? ? I don't support violence in any form and not all Muslims support it either even though the perpetrators claim to be acting on commands from the Koran.
You and I know the Christians will NEVER react in the same way with violent protests and killings; every 5-year old kid knows this so the comparison with "Angels and Demons" is baseless.
If you know for sure the volcano is going to erupt, don't go knocking on its cone and justify your actions by saying , "I knocked on the other one and nothing happened". My point remains, that they very well knew what the uproar would be and the level to which it would escalate so they should have left Moha' in peace especially when innocent people will be the ones to suffer the consequences.
[/size]
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by AMvanquish: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

Thats strange...cos it sounds like one and the same (Unless ur publicly denying ur religion?)

Proudly muslim! But the islam I was brought up with did not teach me to
Force religion on others! Just like some xtians would deny
Other sects in their religion.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Classicalman: Why don't you just admit that you are muslim and quit lying about it in all your posts. And yes, islam in the fastest growing religion. Only in your silly dreams and in your brethrens' almajiri infested north, somalia and sudan.

LOL. You're not very articulate and in denial.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:
This statement is quite daft - was the movie a US Sponsored movie? What exactly is the souring of relationship between Libya and the US that you're talking about? The same Libya that is literally throwing open its doors to attract US investment?

The movie was made in the US.. And nah, the same Libya, the USA helped in training the Islamists and weaponising them for regime change... Did you say throwing its doors open to attract US investments?? - you're a joker!! Why won't they throw it open after the same US and NATO bombed all the infrastructures in the country and installed a puppet there, huh $150 billion Libyan money is still in America lol...

I won't be surprised if the yanks end up losing out to the Chinese and the Russians in Libya, like they did in Iraq - bunch of re.tarded neo-liberals... Yanks act first and think later.. undecided undecided

This is a poorly thought out way to come to a conclusion - knowing decent Muslims does not mean it is Islam that makes them decent. I would assume this to be elementary logic, but apparently it isn't.

You're Yoruba and Yoruba Muslims are roughly 50% of Yoruba population - but have you ever seen a Yoruba terrorist?? How come Persians don't go about blowing up everything? - I don't need to remind you that Persians are Muslims.... How come the members of the Nation of Islam are not terrorists? These are all Muslim groups!!

Define 'a few'.

If the religion of the other 5+ billion people doesn't generate as many 'extremists', why should we refrain from examining what it is about Islam that generates this excessive level of extremism?

There are extremists in other religions and the extremism is well documented... The philosophy of the Aryan nation was lifted from the bible... The KKKs, IRA, Kony and LRA, Timothy McVeigh, Norway bomber, Christian extremists in India, Pastor Terry Jones and his annual burning of the Quran etc..

Zionists are the extremist faction of Judaism - and you and I know how they brutal and barbaric they're...

Islam is not isolated - by your own admission it's a religion of over 1.5billion people - how is it isolated?

The constant demonisation of Islam means isolation...

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Timobaty: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Useless religion called islam, wat de all knw is violent, whn de insult xtain religion, no xtain wil complain or fight, dat's were u wil knw who is servin a living... Am happy n prond to b a christain
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
The painful truth is that 90% of muslims are secretly happy about the killings over movie and that says a lot about the religion called Islam.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
AMvanquish:

Proudly muslim! But the islam I was brought up with did not teach me to
Force religion on others! Just like some xtians would deny
Other sects in their religion.

So before u say Christians hate ur religion,ask urself what makes them do so cos BH is still within our midst...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Classicalman: Why don't you just admit that you are muslim and quit lying about it in all your posts. And yes, islam in the fastest growing religion. Only in your silly dreams and in your brethrens' almajiri infested north, somalia and sudan.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Agree that I'm something I'm not, huh? - you're a joker!!! I speak the truth and nothing but the truth... The difference is that I'm not as indoctrinated as you're, I'm a free and critical thinker...

I'm from one of the slums in London and all these guys that I grew up with are now Muslims - that's the truth...

Personally, religion isn't my thing - I'm from a super religious Christian family but religion has never worked for me... I don't like anything that I can't question and that's what religion offers... I'm better off being the way I'm... I believe in God and I communicate with my maker through my consciousness...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by RuuDie(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
Isla Jenmi: I don't know why people don't want to understand that all these terrorist are wicked people doing their evil acts in the name of Islam, people should not commit sins by insulting our religion, these people are people without religion because what they are doing is forbidden by Islam and they are not acting according to Islam or any other religion, they are extremist, people like them are not Muslims because they are not acting according to the Quran or the ways of our holy Peophet Muhammed (S.A.W) and we are sincerely against them because they are bringing all sorts of insults on us, plus i cant critize christian or Christianity because of some people committing evil act under the name of the religion i.e pastors raping and the rest because nobody except God is in a position to judge..please it hurts to see my religion insulted because of extremist who we do not recognize as muslims ...please insult the people committing the act...not the religion...thanks

Very well spoken!

We should not all lose our heads. Anger should be directed instead at the heartless minority who clearly are hiding under the guise of religion to perpetrate this mindless evil!

Please let us desist to refer to such people as "Christian", "Muslim" or "Buddhist" etc. because clearly they are not - "terrorists" thats all they are!

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by blackmale(m): 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
2Mekus: I watched a film (on TV) produced by some Muslims depicting Jesus Christ as having not died but changed into Judas Iscariot and escaped his captors. Not many people knew about this movie because Christians did not run mad killing and maiming innocent souls as a result.

It is written. "Vengeance is mine," said the Lord. "I will recompense." Why can't they allow their god fight his battle?
embarassed embarassed
yea,,, i think this movie 'DAVINCI CODE' some years ago reaveled some stuff about jesus christ had a wife and some few things about xtian,, did the xtians go mad cos of tht and started killing people?,,,, i think ignorance and illeteracy is wht is making them fighting for their God..
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Oh pleaseeeee !!!! Justify what ? ? I don't support violence in any form and not all Muslims support it either even though the perpetrators claim to be acting on commands from the Koran.
You and I know the Christians will NEVER react in the same way with violent protests and killings; every 5-year old kid knows this so the comparison with "Angels and Demons" is baseless.
If you know for sure the volcano is going to erupt, don't go knocking on its cone and justify your actions by saying , "I knocked on the other one and nothing happened". My point remains, that they very well knew what the uproar would be and the level to which it would escalate so they should have Moha' in peace especially when innocent people will suffer the consequences.
[/size]

And I wld always ask why Yoruba Muslims dont get their blood boiling and react the same way Northern muslims do...(Pls someone shld answer this)
or is it only in NL and social media u can react?
If Yoruba's dont violently react,why do the rest do so? or is their Mohammed,Allah and faith any different?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Abumilla(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
This US always looking for a way to cause trouble.....
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Lovine: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
There was a film about Jesus Christ where He was depicted as a fornicator or a sex mate of Mary Magdalene, how many people were killed? How many people left their jobs, businesses to protests or to riots? How many embassies were burnt? Some of you sincere Muslims may never join these evil groups in the name of religion. Why can't they allow Allah to fight for them if the Allah has power? Even those who worship demons don't come our openly to revenge to anyone but they consult their idols with hot drinks, etc to go on a revenge mission some times it works, why not Muslims, if the Allah they worship or Prophet Mohammed they respect was powerful . I don't think Prophet Mohammed will be happy where ever he is when blood are been spilled on his name.

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by alkalinity: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
Allah told us in d holy Qur'an dat hu eva abuse Him,no 1 should fight 4 Him,bt if any1 abuse d prophet Muhammed P.B.U.H or endulge in any act 2 humiliate d prophet,den d muslim should fight back.So dear christian bros and sis d fight is nt 4 God.Am nt in sppt of attacking d embassies,bt y d prophet? Did any of d christian recal in d past where d muslim ulter a word, or involve in an act jst 2 critisized Jesus or d christian jst lik dat? 4 me i cnt rememba cos is 1 of d articles of faith in islam dat every muslim must hv faith or blive in ol d prophet snd by Allah S.W.A including Jesus(peace b upon Him).Christians brodas & sis,wat i wil lik u 2 understand is a muslim dont jok with his religion and he adhere strictly with d teachings of his religion.So if anytin similar 2 dis repeat it self again,d muslims would fight bak.Lets respect our self and religions.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Classicalman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Agree that I'm something I'm not, huh? - you're a joker!!! I speak the truth and nothing but the truth... The difference is that I'm not as indoctrinated as you're, I'm a free and critical thinker...

I'm from one of the slums in London and all these guys that I grew up with are now Muslims - that's the truth...

Personally, religion isn't my thing - I'm from a super religious Christian family but religion has never worked for me... I don't like anything that I can't question and that's what religion offers... I'm better off being the way I'm... I believe in God and I communicate with my maker through my consciousness...
Hmm.... Are u now saying you are an atheist? Cos that what i can infer from your post. Figures.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by gbadexy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
Stoopid christian talking trash as usual.
I can bet that 98% of the mumus flapping their lips here about Islam are ibos and yorubas.
They would unite to abuse Islam and still face themselves tomorrow with bigger insults.
Foolish people! Why don't you simply face your warrant and concentrate on your religion that would give you salvation instead of taking it upon yourselves to insult God, the prophet and the Quran, would God give you extra blessing for the insults? Or are you also fighting for your god and taking it personal like the fanatical muslims.
I wonder how some silly people would justify insult to Allah, do you abuse Olorun or Chineke when fighting yourselves, if you want to deceive yourselves that Allah does not mean God, what then is the arabic expression for God in arabic or hausa bible?
We respect prophet Isa and I won't take chance, I would rather face my Islam than risking offending God in abusing Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Palestinians Say Israeli Planes Dropped Flyers Warning Them To Evacuate / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.