Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,174 members, 7,842,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (9990 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Simple Tips On How To Avoid Becoming Just A Friend & Get Her To Want You Sexualy / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by babymine(f): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2006
Anyways, that's my candid opinion.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by maki(f): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2006
well thanks dear

but i want a rich guy
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mzhavoc(f): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2006
no it aint, jus play it wel das al, stay wif him fo 2yrs, drain him n den leave his ass. n if u luv em iz anoda case, sorry cant help ya der.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by SweetnSour(f): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2006
mbaaaaa o it is not wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by dakmanzero(m): 1:04am On Apr 20, 2006
Guys. One of the perks of riches is getting to use and dump all the women you want.

Sad but true.

And if women didn't think like THIS (witness the girlies on this thread, especially the intelligent ones), this perk wouldnt exist!

As a rich man, you get to enjoy women of ALL types. The finest, most beautiful, cultured, educated, stupid, religious, illiterate, fat, thin, short, tall, black, white, yellow, igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc etc etc, simply BECAUSE they think like THIS!

AND you get to dump 'em and move to the next one as often as you like.

Watch a soap opera. Why are the main guys always rich (but not always handsome). Why are the main girls always hot (but seldom rich). Its the feminine fantasy. You can't fight it. If you're broke, the girls wont come running after you no matter how long ure **** is rumoured to be. Live with it.

They will delude themselves that the man whose money they are lusting over isnt after more than their tight round asses. They will scream and defend him with tears in their eyes when you tell them the plain truth, then they will cry and curse his family when he dumps them and moves on to their friend/sister/mother whoever. It is the way of the world.

Always has been, always will be.

When she looks in the mirror and sees that those boobs arent standing like they used to, that skin is losing its colour, and the rich boy she's currently dating seems to be going the way of the last 2,000, maybe she'll consider your broke ass. 'Cos then its either you or bust.

And guess what? if you become rich you'll probably ignore her and go chasing the tight-assed bimbos.

c'est la vie

Dat is life, my brodders. It is sad for all involved, except the rich guys.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Ama(f): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2006
dakmanzero:

Guys. One of the perks of riches is getting to use and dump all the women you want.

Sad but true.

And if women didn't think like THIS (witness the girlies on this thread, especially the intelligent ones), this perk wouldnt exist!

As a rich man, you get to enjoy women of ALL types. The finest, most beautiful, cultured, educated, stupid, religious, illiterate, fat, thin, short, tall, black, white, yellow, igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc etc etc, simply BECAUSE they think like THIS!

AND you get to dump 'em and move to the next one as often as you like.

Watch a soap opera. Why are the main guys always rich (but not always handsome). Why are the main girls always hot (but seldom rich). Its the feminine fantasy. You can't fight it. If you're broke, the girls wont come running after you no matter how long ure **** is rumoured to be. Live with it.

They will delude themselves that the man whose money they are lusting over isnt after more than their tight round asses. They will scream and defend him with tears in their eyes when you tell them the plain truth, then they will cry and curse his family when he dumps them and moves on to their friend/sister/mother whoever. It is the way of the world.

Always has been, always will be.

When she looks in the mirror and sees that those boobs arent standing like they used to, that skin is losing its colour, and the rich boy she's currently dating seems to be going the way of the last 2,000, maybe she'll consider your broke ass. 'Cos then its either you or bust.

And guess what? if you become rich you'll probably ignore her and go chasing the tight-assed bimbos.

c'est la vie

Dat is life, my brodders. It is sad for all involved, except the rich guys.

Well said. Any intelligent lady will take note of what you have said. Essentially, gold diggers come in different shades, shapes and sizes.

If a man goes out with a girl only because of her looks and the girl does the same because of his cash, then the relationship is doomed right from the start. Having said that, if the guy gets to show off his trophy and the girl gets wined and dined (presuming that's what she wants) in the most expensive restaurants in town, then it's a win win situation for all don't you think?

Apparently, selling your body to the highest bidder is the longest runing profession in history. No prizes for guessing the correct job title.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by lauryn(f): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2006
Nope. I don't believe its wrong to marry a rich man.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sexypets(f): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2006
There is nothing wrong in marrying a succesful man.Infact as a suceesful girl i should be looking out for a succesfull guy to get married to, because you can only predict a rich guy who has already known what it takes to be sucessful in life.not going for a poor guy thats still trying to find his root who will be behaving nice and tends to treat you right because he doesnt have a choice. maybe later things tends to change for him, he will now realise that he can make a choice,he can now go for any girl he wants.

Another question i wants to ask is "is it a crime for a man to be rich"or why did u think is wrong for women to love  rich men? or what  will you say to a girl that choose to marry an average guy and choose to be sleeping with one of his boss in the office to take care of the house? Is That Love.

This is to you 'BLADE' and DARKMANZERO Mr Money who thinks can sleep with any girl because of thier money, i wants to tell you that you can only get the girl of your type who knows nothing but to fool around not an ambitious girls who are very busy with their job and all they think of aside their job is to get a responsible man to start their life with.

This is my peace,
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2006
sexypets:

There is nothing wrong in marrying a succesful man.Infact as a suceesful girl i should be looking out for a succesfull guy to get married to, because you can only predict a rich guy who has already known what it takes to be sucessful in life.not going for a poor guy thats still trying to find his root who will be behaving nice and tends to treat you right because he doesnt have a choice. maybe later things tends to change for him, he will now realise that he can make a choice,he can now go for any girl he wants.

Another question i wants to ask is "is it a crime for a man to be rich"or why did u think is wrong for women to love  rich men? or what  will you say to a girl that choose to marry an average guy and choose to be sleeping with one of his boss in the office to take care of the house? Is That Love.

This is to you 'BLADE' and DARKMANZERO Mr Money who thinks can sleep with any girl because of their money, i wants to tell you that you can only get the girl of your type who knows nothing but to fool around not an ambitious girls who are very busy with their job and all they think of aside their job is to get a responsible man to start their life with.

This is my peace,

My dear, a most annoying piece here! And by what standards do you measure a successful woman? Going by the construction of your grammer i can already picture the type of woman you are. (sorry i had to say that!)
Your idea of a successful woman is "one who is busy with her job", does that yardstick also apply to your idea of a "successful" man too? What kind of job are we talking about here? Are guys also allowed to become responsible simply by "being busy with their jobs?
What do you mean by "rich" man? Methinks we are looking at a guy with a fat bank account, a car, nice apt, takes you to europe to have your kids kind of of guy here and not really one "who is busy with his job".
My dear, it is not a crime to be rich infact ALL guys wish they were rich, it is a crime to discriminate against them (as you so aptly did) based on their material possessions.

A girl who marries an "average" guy and sleeps with her boss to "take care of the house" = A prostitute! Why is she not satisfied with the little the "Average" guy can provide? What happened to the "Godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain?
You also failed to tell us what the role of the girl is. Is she "average" too or below or she has no role at all except look for someone to sink her gluttonous fangs on?

A responsible man is not equal to a rich man!

And you do not "start" your life with a man, marriage is a continuation of the life you are presently living,  a man is only there as a life partner not a life starter. Do something with YOUR OWN LIFE!

Besides, responsible men are now wiser. They are also looking for "responsible" women to marry. the likes of you do not fall into that category.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by dakmanzero(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2006
lol, well said @davidylan.

did u notice her feminine doublespeak? in one breath defending her choice NOT to go after guys that arent paid, and in the next, claiming that men who think they can get any girl cos of their money are doomed, I tell youm doomed,

please o, madam SEXYPETS, i am not mr money oooo, in fact I am still struggling to make a living. I am just saying things as they are.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ramono(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2006
@davidylan,

I agree with you.

A man who is into 419 and 'hits' $5 million is obviously successful at his job. He's rich. Do you marry him based on the fact that he's worth $5 million?

Then you abandon the young graduate without looking at his prospects, just because he's not rich?

I think our society has a serious problem in this regard.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by cgift(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2007
Marry a guy who is comfortable if God brings him oyour way but mind you, your definition of ricjs should be more of intllct, spiritual, and moral than financial.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by efuah(f): 12:39pm On May 16, 2007
davidylan:

My dear, a most annoying piece here! And by what standards do you measure a successful woman? Going by the construction of your grammer i can already picture the type of woman you are. (sorry i had to say that!)
Your idea of a successful woman is "one who is busy with her job", does that yardstick also apply to your idea of a "successful" man too? What kind of job are we talking about here? Are guys also allowed to become responsible simply by "being busy with their jobs?
What do you mean by "rich" man? Methinks we are looking at a guy with a fat bank account, a car, nice apt, takes you to europe to have your kids kind of of guy here and not really one "who is busy with his job".
My dear, it is not a crime to be rich infact ALL guys wish they were rich, it is a crime to discriminate against them (as you so aptly did) based on their material possessions.

A girl who marries an "average" guy and sleeps with her boss to "take care of the house" = A prostitute! Why is she not satisfied with the little the "Average" guy can provide? What happened to the "Godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain?
You also failed to tell us what the role of the girl is. Is she "average" too or below or she has no role at all except look for someone to sink her gluttonous fangs on?

A responsible man is not equal to a rich man!

And you do not "start" your life with a man, marriage is a continuation of the life you are presently living, a man is only there as a life partner not a life starter. Do something with YOUR OWN LIFE!

Besides, responsible men are now wiser. They are also looking for "responsible" women to marry. the likes of you do not fall into that category.

perfect!

bu let me ask, do u guys have a grudge?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by kike001(f): 12:47pm On May 16, 2007
No but dere ve 2 be luv in da relationship
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by laudate: 1:24pm On May 16, 2007
dakmanzero:

did u notice her feminine doublespeak? in one breath defending her choice NOT to go after guys that arent paid, and in the next, claiming that men who think they can get any girl because of their money are doomed, I tell youm doomed,

Go easy on the lady.

Haven't you noticed that when most men are still struggling to make ends meet, they are usually nice, respectful & content with the women in their lives? But once they hit money, they now discover that the lady who was with them when they had nothing, is no longer good enough for them, or is no longer up to their standard? Then they trade her in for a younger, flashier model. Some go as far as giving excuses like, "the babe doesn't come from my area, she isn't beautiful enough, her cooking is salty etc." Didn't they know all these things before they made money? Some of these men even start seeking for flimsy reasons to pick a fight with the babe, in the hope that she will get disgruntled & depart.

A lot of women have seen this happening times without number, maybe that is why most of them are now taking an active interest in building a life for themselves & becoming financially independent.

Now a woman who has worked hard enough to be financially comfortable (even if she is not rich), wouldn't want a gigolo or a male gold-digger, sneaking up on her with romantic tales, in a bid to feed off her & fleece her of the little she has managed to acquire. the same goes for the men, as well.

So such girls are on the look-out these days, for men who are responsible & slightly comfortable (not particularly rich), who would NOT target the girls' assets or live off the woman. How a man or a woman views, handles & manages money is important. Is the arrival of money likely to turn a man/woman into a monster, or an egocentric individual? Such questions need to be asked.

In my opinion, riches come & go, so basing your decision on the need to marry a rich woman or man, is futile. What happens if after the marriage, the man/woman loses his/her wealth? What next? Divorce??
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by temmyabby(f): 1:45pm On May 16, 2007
aahhh, so it is right to want to marry a poor man, no oh it is not wrong, u like live thats wat it means grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by worldismy(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2007
any marrage that is base on money will certainly fail though money is a factor but should not be the first to consider try LOVE
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by NaijaProf(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2007
Some guys have hit the point. These days we are all agressive in what we want and that's not bad. Somewhat I agree with hot-angel, marrying sb cos he is rich is not bad. Call it  materialism or whatever. Try hard to paint it in a bad light by comparing it with what some guy called "virtue" that does make it bad. However, if you marry one cos of riches be ready to give 100% genuine love just as u would if one is tall, handsome or a good singer. Any thing short of this, is "cheating". But, if I was stupendously rich, as a guy I wouldnt marry a nobody. You must have sth to offer. U gonna have to bring sth to the table or how many movie stars are marrying a no-body? 1 in a million I gues.  I aint gonna marry sb who is bringing only love to the table if I was that rich, that's how aggressive I am. If u love me that much and have nothing to offer aside "love" be ready to be my mistress. That's my point. Love has got 10 eyes these days.

Prof
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by worldismy(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2007
it is wrong if u base ur thought on his money, money should be the last thing to consider tthough we need it just try love
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by NaijaProf(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2007
Some guys have hit the point. These days we are all agressive in what we want and that's not bad. Somewhat I agree with hot-angel, marrying sb because he is rich is not bad. Call it  materialism or whatever. Try hard to paint it in a bad light by comparing it with what some guy called "virtue" that doesnt make it bad. However, if you marry one because of riches be ready to give 100% genuine love just as u would if one is tall, handsome or a good singer. Any thing short of this, is "cheating". But, if I was stupendously rich, as a guy I wouldnt marry a nobody. You must have sth to offer. U going to have to bring sth to the table or how many movie stars are marrying a no-body? 1 in a million I gues.  I aint going to marry sb who is bringing only love to the table if I was that rich, that's how aggressive I am. If u love me that much and have nothing to offer aside "love" be ready to be my mistress. That's my point. Love has got 10 eyes these days.

Prof
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by dkingsgirl(f): 2:08pm On May 16, 2007
Guys forget sentiment and face reality, if a package comes with an extra gift and this gift is good why shouldn't i take it.

I mean it is not right for a girl to love a man for his pocket because money is physical and may disappear and i also believe in a woman being financially independent in marriage. if she loves the man for his pocket and paradventure something happens then she may not be able to stay but if she loves the man for him/personality if something happens then the love will hold cos she loved him for him.

but it is also not wrong for a girl to wish her man is OK even pocket wise cos having money is good, the kids are going to come and will need the best in life and there is nothing wrong in a woman having the best of life also.

the fact is that if a girl wishes her man is rich means that she is wishing any man who will marry her well

the Bible says money is a defense/Shelter

ponder on this
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by silat(f): 2:17pm On May 16, 2007
Well its not a bad tin,but luv should come 1st,u have to luv d man, cos if u dont money wont be there 4eva,n wen money is gone u leave d man. that would be bad. So i think its better luv comes 1st b4 wealth.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by omoge(f): 2:54pm On May 16, 2007
Not wrong if you are in love with him and he with you. I don't like those hide and seek game some rich playa doles out. and the world, they will call you Trophy wife, grin don't worry what is important is you and where your heart is.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by GLOW4LUV(f): 2:58pm On May 16, 2007
Thanks Hot- Angel, you have said it all.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by v24m(f): 3:08pm On May 16, 2007
marry a richman people will talk, marry a poor man people will still talk at the end of the day one still has to marry my dear if the kind u intend to marry is rich go ahead afterall those getting married to them have just one head wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Gamine(f): 3:15pm On May 16, 2007
@topic
How is this wrong eh

Bad belle!!

its even ova wrong to marry a poor guy, na curse?!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by moondust(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2007
aint nothin wrong with wantin 2 marry a rich man,
but if u refuse 2 marry until u meet a rich man,
u're headed straight 4 disaster
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Eurphoria(f): 5:44pm On May 16, 2007
@topic
nothing wrong with wanting your future husband to be ric. If that is top on your list then who is anyone to say otherwise? please marry who you want. We all have our list of what we want, it's your bed!
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Amiga(f): 6:14pm On May 16, 2007
It's not wrong to want to marry a rich man
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mellow(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2007
Ever heard of Gold dogger? That's what you are if you only

want to marry a rich man. You are not confident of yourself

making money on your own so you want to reap where you did not sow.

@ Davidlyn. That was exactly what happened to us while we at school.

they woould not even looked at our face because we were in the same level

with them. So they were moving with OMATA's and some other rich men in town sad

that is how they operate. Now they are attending our marriages every other months

while only a handfull of them have really landed a Gold mines. Its really pathetic to hear women

say only the rich and nothing but the rich so help us,

[color=#990000][b]WHAT EVER HAPPENS TO WOMEN LIBERATION AND SOPHISTICATION[/[/b]color]?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by texazzpete(m): 7:19pm On May 16, 2007
I firmly believe that every girl should be on the look out for SECURITY! any guy that wants to marry a girl should be able to take care of her and her kids.

That said, note i said SECURITY and not RICHES. The truth is, when a girl consciously targets riches as a major pre-requisite for marriage, then she becomes something. . . terrible.

Truth is, those of y'all saying they'll only marry rich and successful men, i hope you know that your average banker can't be considered RICH for many years. Imagine a guy who's working for UBA and earning 200k monthly. That isn't rich. but it's a good job, and can easily put food on the table for his wife. But that kinda guy won't even register a blip on the radar of these gals that crave rich men. . .

SECURITY, not RICHES. That's the key.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Cashmoni: 10:29pm On May 16, 2007
Do smell GREEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!why do ladies always think this waywhy look for a rich man?does that mean you,yourself cant make it in life and help the man of your dreams become what you want him to beyou talk about been religious are you religious,cause if you were you would have read about the virtuous woman,Proverbs 31:10,thats what our women lack,you go after one who has all the riches and when he comes home late you sulk!Do you have a poverty mentality that says you can make it unless you marry some one rich!!!come off it baby girl,marriage is about a bond and not a binding force, baby girl build your home and your man into what you want and not what has been recreated to seem likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Will My Girl Refuse To Kiss? / Had Sex!with Ma Cousin / Ladies What's Your Turn Off In A Guy? Guys Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.