Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (43960 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption / Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

I feel if the Islamic groups felt disrespected over what was said about their Mohammed. All they needed to do was file a complaint and request a retraction and prosecution for of the film maker. Does that not make sense?? rather than the barbaric act of killing,burning down building and resort to this blog insults angry

Is this action displayed not a prove that violence is embedded in them a contradiction of a religion of peace. Imagine someone says obama should come and tender an apology to them shocked shocked My advice he should wait grin grin Drones are on the way grin grin

Funny enuff the movie wuznt produced in their land. I haven't watched the film and have not heard of it b4 now. They have helped in a way to make the film popular and that means too much money for the producers

US is a civilized country where u are free to produce wateva u like as long as u do not go against the laws of the land .

And wats this thing about "any critism melted against muslims was done by the xtians" wat if the guy(s) is(are) athiest(s) or mixed as in muslim ,xtian,atheist ,agnostic etc...

Most of the movie producers in US are not xtians .from the cartoons to the sci fi go check it out. Most of this guys do not biliv in god they only produce films that wuld enrich their pockets chikena!

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

I feel if the Islamic groups felt disrespected over what was said about their Mohammed. All they needed to do was file a complaint and request a retraction and prosecution for of the film maker. Does that not make sense?? rather than the barbaric act of killing,burning down building and resort to this blog insults angry

Is this action displayed not a prove that violence is embedded in them a contradiction of a religion of peace. Imagine someone says obama should come and tender an apology to them shocked shocked My advice he should wait grin grin Drones are on the way grin grin

Funny enuff the movie wuznt produced in their land. I haven't watched the film and have not heard of it b4 now. They have helped in a way to make the film popular and that means too much money for the producers

US is a civilized country where u are free to produce wateva u like as long as u do not go against the laws of the land .

And wats this thing about "any critism melted against muslims was done by the xtians" wat if the guy(s) is(are) athiest(s) or mixed as in muslim ,xtian,atheist ,agnostic etc...

Most of the movie producers in US are not xtians .from the cartoons to the sci fi go check it out. Most of this guys do not biliv in god they only produce films that wuld enrich their pockets chikena!

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by nextpart(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
It is no surprise to see muslim doing what they are doing. Even the Quran says ''ALL muslims are going to Hell'' (Sura 19:68-72, particularly verse 71). Then what do you expect from candidates of hell?
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Dipwater(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by noleen: 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
why the protest of the film in Jos, they should please live us alone.if they have monney for fight in Nigeria let them take flight to America to fight the producer of the film and let us have peace.Everytime something happen in another country is Nigeria (Jos) that will be their dustbin to pour their anger, i dnt know whether prophet mohammed is physically acted in the film that will make people to protest for him or does prophet asked them to fight for him. if prophet mohammed is the servant of Allah as the believe, then there is no need to fight for him as a peace lover.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Venchy: 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
hillsate:

Yes, Islam is a religion of peace. It just depends on what is really attributed to as peace.
One other funny observation is that you will never see the elitist and educated Muslims or their children partaking in all these demonstrations. it is usually the impoverished, uneducated illiterates and the jobless ghetto dwellers who have no understanding of issues.
Just wonder why they do not even see it. God does not need humans to fight His battle for Him. God is almighty. Well, am assuming we are talking about the same God.

On point Bro, it's only the FOOL & THE HORSE, Majority are Ignorant who have no idea of what they are doing but just follows the Bandwagon.

Even the prophet S.W.A....says "GO OUT AND SEEK FOR KNOWLEDGE" but I guess their teachers won't explain full details of that Phrase but preach things and twist words to suit their own desire.

They need to be exposed, come out of their dungeon to experience of other people's culture and way of life.

Ignorant is a complete disease.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Venchy: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
Again, what I can't understand is why are this people destroying their own countries and little facilities to be used for their daily life.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
This movie is a low budget movie that if the Mumuslims would hhave just kept quiet would have fizzled away no one would have heard about it talk less of seeing it. Now everybody wants to see it. This Movie was not produced by an American rather an Egyptian. I believe many of the mumuslims taking part in this protests/killings didn't know this. Now that they know, how will their conscience be judging them? Sorry I forgot. They don't have one.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
This movie is a low budget movie that if the Mumuslims would have just kept quiet would have fizzled away no one would have heard about it talk less of seeing it. Now everybody wants to see it. This Movie was not produced by an American rather an Egyptian. I believe many of the mumuslims taking part in this protests/killings didn't know this. Now that they know, how will their conscience be judging them? Sorry I forgot. They don't have one.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Homework for all muslims:
Instructions: answer all questions from the Quran and be truthful.

1. Was Jesus born divinely?(Without sin? Immaculate conception? Without intercourse?)

2. Did he ascend to heaven?

3. Is he coming again on judgement day?

4.According to d Quaran, who will blow the trumpet on judgement day?

Please only honest answers and from d Qua-ran.

NB: Prophet Isa(PBUH) = JESUS
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by omotayo51: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Itohen: A group of Muslims in the troubled tin city of Jos, Plateau State, yesterday evening held a demonstration over an America-produced film that purportedly blasphemed Prophet Muhammad.

The protesters, who defied security agents, said they would rather die than to watch their Prophet insulted, and will submit only to the laws of Allah which, to them, are supreme to any other law.

The mostly youth and children protesters, who numbered almost 100 were led by one Malam Mansur Sani Adamu in the demonstration, which took place on Bauchi Road.  They carried placards condemning the United States, Israel, Denmark and Holland, accusing them of plotting against Islam and Muslims.  Before they dispersed, they chanted, “Allahuakubar, Allahuakubar, they have touched our Prophet....”

Malam Adamu said, “We are doing this to express our anger against enemies of Allah and Islam led by America and her allies like Israel, Denmark and Holland because they are plotting against Islam. These days they have also produced another depicting film; this is what is troubling us.

This denigration of Prophet Muhammad is very sad and we are against it. With this it is better that it is death that consumed us for our Prophet to be denigrated. All Muslims in the world should come out and protest and those who cannot should pray.”

According to our source, security agencies urged the protesters to disperse since they had not secured permission, to which leader of the demonstration responded, “If our Prophet is blasphemed we will not wait for any law, Islam supersede any laws of the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/muslims-jos-protest-film-prophet-
mohammed
senseless milipedes
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
rbjimoh:
While it may not be out of proportion to blaspheme Jesus,albeit it is strongly frowned in islamic injunction, blaspheming prophet Muhammad is an intolerable act in islam. The weakest of faith among muslims would never ridicle other religions or what people of other faiths take to be their god. Why wont people understand that issues like this one is too sensational about islam than to make fun of it. Of course, the producer of that film new what reactions to expect before even writting the script. Thats not just fair!

But the strongest of faith amongst Islam would oppress and suppress other religions or what people of other faiths take to be their god?

Stop chatting righteous crap!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Gracious10: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Audukaya: If they have the right to blasphemed,muslims have the right to protest. Allah is a watch over every wrong doer.

You are really an Ode! If your Allah is really a watch over every wrong doer, why can't he FIGHT for himself? Is he armless, crippled or quadriplegic that he can't fight for himself? How can man fight for a god? Even our old accient traditions of Amadioha fought for themselves, how then can ur ever powerful Allah not get up from his slumber and fight for himself!?It's a crying shame that he uses people like u to do his dirty job. If he's really god, then let him fight for himself! WTH!!

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by samkoro: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
mmmustapha: Oh Allah illiteracy is a disease, wen will dis bloody bastards stop insultin islam, I pity u so called xtians

The Day your soul leaves your body in death is the day you will know that ablution does not wipe away sin.Sin entangles with spirit and cannot be washed away by water or clean sand.Have u asked yourself why Allah said he will send all moslems to hell first.Do u think u have a chance to come out from such hell.That is deciet of the highest order

.Sin is washed away by ur righteousness coupled by ur belief in the sacrifice of christ Jesus.The real thing that motivates terrorist is the promise of a direct entry to paradise if they die in battle rather than going thru the process of hell first and heaven later after indefinite stay in hell.The terrorist fear this a lot thus they look for the short cut via suicide.This is scam

Read Surah 19:71-72

In hadith mohamed said he was not sure of what heaven

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well,*cocking my cock,sorry gun.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by mynameisjade: 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
If the protest was peaceful,then i did say KUDO's to them..(THe role of the Media canot be underplayed here with the likes of BBC hausa,free to air tingys n Aljerzera bingo the news gathers strenght!!!!!!!
If you stay in Jos like i do the boTtom line is and would always be "TO be prepared and to be cautious cus therein lies ur safety"
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Tgirl4real(f): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
BinghiNya: muslims on nairaland need to step up counter attacks on these christian troglodytes an eye for an eye if the christian god is truly a living one he would protect them from harm but he is in dreamland islam will live on while you all will go down the abbys buncha dickheads

If it was in Islam such a post was made against muslims, Maclatunji would have banned the person. sad
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by SimplySEA(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: Homework for all muslims:
Instructions: answer all questions from the Quran and be truthful.

1. Was Jesus born divinely?(Without sin? Immaculate conception? Without intercourse?)

2. Did he ascend to heaven?

3. Is he coming again on judgement day?

4.According to d Quaran, who will blow the trumpet on judgement day?

Please only honest answers and from d Qua-ran.

NB: Prophet Isa(PBUH) = JESUS

wat are u expecting? An answer? Wake up man. U'll get nothin. I was very suprised once when my muslim fren mention d anti-christ and d comin of christ. We were discussing end time....! I probed further and he wouldn't say nothin again!
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by sleek29(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Muslims are insecure, that's all I can say, the video insults the Prophet, fine, killing an innocent man because of this even makes islam look worse, sam bacile is egyptian, a copt, islam has a certain fear, what it is, they themselves would expose. Every single sermon in a mosque is 80-90% anti- western, a complete mockery of christians, and yet no christian is bothered, a movie that 90% of these bozos haven't seen has caused absolute madness. Now the question is IS ISLAM A RELIGION OF PEACE?, how can a peaceful individual lack self control, stupidly and overly emotional, for me islam condones violence, my opinion won't change. I used to be a muslim, now I hate religion and believe the notion that its the opium of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nimshi: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
The theological debate is beside the point.

The recent protests underscore why it is always necessary to let Muslims know that:

- To non-Muslims, Mohammed, the Prophet is no more than an ordinary man
- This opens him to all sorts of insults, ridicule, and abuse
- And, being a religious type qualifies him for extreme ridicule

For those (including Muslims) who have chosen to live in countries where free speech is protected, Prophet Mohammed is as game for ridicule as anyone else.

In today's terms, we would term him as - at least - a one-off paedophile (we recognise that the standards of his day were different, yet, this doesn't remove the fact that he entertained himself with a girl not yet ten years old when he was in his 50s; any self-respecting man of any era ought to know that has an 'icky' factor to it)

Mohammed also had some f.oolish and ridiculous ideas, including the nonsense about flying carpets.

Does he deserve to be insulted? Perhaps yes.

Is it valid to insult him? Yes, of course; who's he? Having inspired a religion of thugs and low lifes who resort to throwing stones, engaging in armed attacks in defence of him, he deserves little respect.

Muslims need to get used to this, and especially those Muslims who flew over Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia etc etc to land in the West; you had a choice to stop and settle in those countries, but you didn't. In the United States, it is customary to condemn inciteful speech (like the video) and - and! - also to defend the rights of those who made it. They cannot be compelled not to insult Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by twilliamx(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

And the painful thing is that they do them selves more harm than good cos in the course of the protest they destroy their own amenities, when it has cleared from there eyes they will now start pleading for aid from this same westerner. I guess hunger just don start for them.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by twilliamx(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
tucker12:

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Gracious10: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
sleek29: Muslims are insecure, that's all I can say, the video insults the Prophet, fine, killing an innocent man because of this even makes islam look worse, sam bacile is egyptian, a copt, islam has a certain fear, what it is, they themselves would expose. Every single sermon in a mosque is 80-90% anti- western, a complete mockery of christians, and yet no christian is bothered, a movie that 90% of these bozos haven't seen has caused absolute madness. Now the question is IS ISLAM A RELIGION OF PEACE?, how can a peaceful individual lack self control, stupidly and overly emotional, for me islam condones violence, my opinion won't change. I used to be a muslim, now I hate religion and believe the notion that its the opium of the masses.

Spot on! I just can't get how clueless these Muslims are, I hate them and their annoying religion. Even if there is no other religion on earth, I will definitely never ever be a Muslim. Who associates relationship with their maker with violence? If your God chose not to save you, why do his work for him? You can't have proper conversation with these people without their blood getting hot! Everything is fight fight fight, dem no dey tire? Haba!!! Best thing is to wipe ALL of them out of existence. What kind of religion teaches wickedness?
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by daughterofzion(f): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
During olympics all these aboki them go hide instead of them 2 showcase their skills so that naija 4 win gold or anyoda medal,instead them prefer 2 show their talents 4 making noise and killing southerners all in d name of religion. Ndi apari

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Gracious10: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
twilliamx:

And the painful thing is that they do them selves more harm than good cos in the course of the protest they destroy their own amenities, when it has cleared from there eyes they will now start pleading for aid from this same westerner. I guess hunger just don start for them.

Let them beg! They have been begging since I was a child, they are still begging and will continue to beg till the world ends. And I pity people who gives alms to them. These people are not worth helping in any way. If they are killing themselves and their clerics, destroying their states and homes, I have no issues, infact I will dance as I don't care. If they are so blood thirsty, they should please start with their families and members of their mosque abi religion. Na only dem person dey offend? People can't go about their normal daily activities without bothering about what these insecured people will do.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by adconline(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
It's terrifying to see how Muslims think when it comes to their religion. Most of them on NL are in support of this destruction and killing of innocent people just because an Egyptian made a movie about Muhammed.
They way some of them talk here, it is possiblre that they have can join/sponsor Boko Haram to propagate their religion.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by twilliamx(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by TerryCarr(m): 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
fittty: A Movie is made to ridicule your prophet and you go about murdering an ambassador, 3americans and innocent people... Jeez!!!
I'm happy to serve a living God JESUS CHRIST. I don't fight for him he fights for me... I don't defend him, he defends me...... I don't die for him he died for me!!!
ISLAM check ur ways.. Smh
lol gods can't die(more or less)

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by ektbear: 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Gorrbachev: Winston Churchill on Islam (from his book The River War, 1899):

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.

qft
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by oradee: 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
from the CNN clips i watched in Fidelity bank,i cldnt help but laugh...
did anyone notice how they were reacting? and None of them have even watched the movie!
I swear i must lay my hands on this film... grin grin

But dont we all think that the insult the movie produced is equal if not less than the insult here on NairaLand?
If those goats had access to internet and Followed NL, i swear eh Naija Embassy (if at all we have one) round the world go hear am... grin grin

If u love fighting and truly wanna fight,dont use Mo/ur religion as a reason to cos i think ur the ones disrespecting and Insulting both him and ur faith..

I ask again,why didnt any of u muslims explode when Prophet isa(Jesus) was ridiculed? cos i read somewhere that Allah permits u to fight for an insult done to a prophet whether Mo or Isa...
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Donane(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
May our understanding be enlightened, that we may know the true way to relate with mortals and divinity.
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by oradee: 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nimshi: The theological debate is beside the point.

The recent protests underscore why it is always necessary to let Muslims know that:

- To non-Muslims, Mohammed, the Prophet is no more than an ordinary man
- This opens him to all sorts of insults, ridicule, and abuse
- And, being a religious type qualifies him for extreme ridicule

For those (including Muslims) who have chosen to live in countries where free speech is protected, Prophet Mohammed is as game for ridicule as anyone else.

In today's terms, we would term him as - at least - a one-off paedophile (we recognise that the standards of his day were different, yet, this doesn't remove the fact that he entertained himself with a girl not yet ten years old when he was in his 50s; any self-respecting man of any era ought to know that has an 'icky' factor to it)

Mohammed also had some f.oolish and ridiculous ideas, including the nonsense about flying carpets.

Does he deserve to be insulted? Perhaps yes.

Is it valid to insult him? Yes, of course; who's he? Having inspired a religion of thugs and low lifes who resort to throwing stones, engaging in armed attacks in defence of him, he deserves little respect.

Muslims need to get used to this, and especially those Muslims who flew over Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia etc etc to land in the West; you had a choice to stop and settle in those countries, but you didn't. In the United States, it is customary to condemn inciteful speech (like the video) and - and! - also to defend the rights of those who made it. They cannot be compelled not to insult Mohammed.

I remember a certain Northern Gov'nor marrying an under aged girl...i wonder where he got the impetus and guidance from?
Truth is,from all ive heard,read and witnessed,it seems Muslims dont permit Non-Muslims is saying (either in a movie,song,or Novel) some truth!
so If i decide to read up history books and from indication,i realise he truly was what was portrayed in the movie,are they saying i shldnt talk about it?
Your Mo isnt perfect...Get that already!!!!!!!! after all we all know most Northers are gay...so go figure!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Members Of The Presidential Task Force On COVID–19 / FG Hints On Revival Of Two Ministries Scrapped In 2015 (names) / Tinubu: 8 Things Buhari's Government Must Do For Nigerians. See List...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.