Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,073 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations (4674 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: There was a problem,Then reaction it then follows that solution should follow logically.

So Muslims support the killing of innocent people over something they know nothing of. Is that supported by the Koran too or these are Muslims disobeying Allah?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: bro, you talk of backing actions with facts before reacting. Please kindly give us any proof of fact bout Iraqa's wmd before the Us invaded em.

US invaded Iraq wrongly. It's one of the reasons Reps lost and Obama came. What has that got to do with these attacks on US embassies, which are strictly over a religious issue?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

So Muslims support the killing of innocent people over something they know nothing of. Is that supported by the Koran too or these are Muslims disobeying Allah?
It then follows that....is Usa a christain nation justified in invading Iraq and killing innocents over wmd they are not sure bout? Is it surpported by the bible? Or did they disobey God?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
FSU:

One would think that with all this your cyber braggadocio you would at least get your facts right: he is not an Israeli Amerian, he is Egyptian American

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakoula_Basseley_Nakoula

Looking at that wikipedia profile, this guy seems like an even more massive loser than I had previously thought. I knew he had a criminal past involving fraud but I didn't know he was also involved with illegal drugs:

According to Associated Press, "Prior to his bank fraud conviction, Nakoula struggled with a series of financial problems," including a $106,000 lien filed against him in 1997 and a $191,000 tax lien in 2006.[11] Nakoula owned a gas station, against which the California State Board of Equalization put a lien, stating that he owed taxes, interest and penalties dating from 1989 to 1992.[12]

The Daily Beast reported that Nakoula was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in 1997 after being pulled over in possession of ephedrine, hydroiodic acid, and $45,000 in cash.[12] He was charged with intent to manufacture methamphetamine.[9] He pleaded guilty and was sentenced in 1997 to one year in Los Angeles County Jail and three years probation. He declared bankruptcy in 2000.[2] According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney he violated probation in 2002, and was re-sentenced to another year in county jail.[13]

In 2010, Nakoula pleaded no contest to federal charges of bank fraud in California and was ordered to pay $794,701 in restitution. According to Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Leigh Williams, Nakoula opened bank accounts using stolen identities and Social Security numbers, including one belonging to a 6-year-old child,[3] and deposited checks from those accounts to withdraw at ATMs.[14] He was also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison. Nakoula had requested an Arabic interpreter be used during his criminal proceedings.[2] Nakoula was released from prison in June 2011.[15] He was ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.[4] Nakoula was released from a halfway house a few weeks before he filmed Innocence of Muslims.[16]
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by taharqa: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti: Some people want to see 'I am sorry' before they can consider the true meaning of 'apology'?
Damn!
Damn!
Damn!
Yes. In diplomacy, there is no oda word that substitutes 'apology'; even d phrase 'expressing regret for an event' cannot stand in its place, talkless of just saying that d video does not represent American values or objectives...America did not apologize ova dis, they wud NEVER do so; this article is a LIE, period
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Looking at that wikipedia profile, this guy seems like an even more massive loser than I had previously thought. I knew he had a criminal past but I didn't know it even involved drug dealing:

The guy just played a part in the logistics of the video - he has absolutely nothing to do with video... Why are they troubling the guy, and not Pastor Terry Jones?? Leave the Egyptian guy alone!!
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lmao @ the thread...

So, Hilary Clinton can be apologetic, no? undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
taharqa: Yes. In diplomacy, there is no oda word that substitutes 'apology'; even d phrase 'expressing regret for an event' cannot stand for it, talkless of just saying that d video does not represent American values or objectives...America did not apologize, they cant; this article is a LIE, period

It is really not your fault. . .ENGLISH IS MOST-DEFINITELY YOUR 10TH Language.
MANY APOLOGIES. embarassed Like my co-workers would say. . . I CAN ONLY EXPLAIN IT TO YOU. . . BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU! kiss

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apology

Definition of APOLOGY

a: a formal justification : defense

b: excuse 2a

: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret <a public apology>

: a poor substitute : makeshift

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Apology

a·pol·o·gy
   [uh-pol-uh-jee] Show IPA

noun, plural a·pol·o·gies.
a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another: He demanded an apology from me for calling him a crook.

a defense, excuse, or justification in speech or writing, as for a cause or doctrine.

( initial capital letter, italics ) a dialogue by Plato, centering on Socrates' defense before the tribunal that condemned him to death.

an inferior specimen or substitute; makeshift: The tramp wore a sad apology for a hat.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

The guy just played a part in the logistics of the video - he has absolutely nothing to do with video... Why are they troubling the guy, and not Pastor Terry Jones?? Leave the Egyptian guy alone!!

Read the reports. He was using pseudonyms and fake identities. He orchestrated the whole thing:

https://www.nairaland.com/1047728/real-maker-controversial-film-innocence

Terry Jones is a minor player in all this and was just somebody he went to to see if he could promote the film for him.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

Well, in the same vein. . .can you say the equally-bigotted Libyans had the right to air heir own views by killing innocent Americans in Libya. . .since 'VIEWS CAN BE AIRED' differently by THE CRIMNALLY INSANE WHO USE RELIGION AS THE MAIN EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION RIGHT? angry

If I may educate you. . . .the film-makers indirectly ENDANGERED the lives tof AMERICANS all over the world.
The Nigerian Embassy has been shut down right?

BOKO HARAM ALSO AIRS VIEWS IN NIGERIA TOO RIGHT?

Airing your views is backed by law and is a fundamental right. Killing others, except in self-defense is murder. If you truly believe (based on your religion) in murdering innocents over comments or movies made by others, then ... It's known that Muslim lands don't grasp the concept of free speech.

The film makers are not the ones attacking Americans and non-muslims, people who reason like you are.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
This is the S.O.B, unrepentant bigot and sadistic old fart responsible for promoting the video. And he's also notorious for burning the Quran every year... This old fart needs to be locked up in the dungeon...

Pastor Terry Jones

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

US invaded Iraq wrongly. It's one of the reasons Reps lost and Obama came. What has that got to do with these attacks on US embassies, which are strictly over a religious issue?
and you think that as long as Republians lost the election the enemies they have made abroad will magically disappear? Facts are coming out now that the said killing of the Usa ambassador was pre planned and that clip served as the perfect cover to invade the embassy and also take very very sensitive docs out....even a so called safe house for Us citizens was attacked before reinforcment came to save them...please bear in mind that most Us safe house are top secrets.....my point is that america has made enemies that are waiting for the right moment to prey....kinda pay back time
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Airing your views is backed by law and is a fundamental right. Killing others, except in self-defense is murder. If you truly believe (based on your religion) in murdering innocents over comments or movies made by others, then ... It's known that Muslim lands don't grasp the concept of free speech.

The film makers are not the ones attacking Americans and non-muslims, people who reason like you are.

No, I do not believe taking innocent lives is a way of conveying the rights to freedom of expression.
However, a mad man can express the same rights when provoked. . . .!
Like the case of the killing of the Americans in Libya.
Too late. . .we can't bring them back.
My question is:"WHY THE PROVOCATION"?
What was the main purpose of the so-called 'film'?
TO PROVOKE MAD PEOPLE WITH AN OUTLET COMMIT MURDER. . .People like you make the 'guilty by reason of insanity' plea very LEGAL in the judicial system.

Please, deal with the consequences. kiss
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx: This is the S.O.B, unrepentant bigot and sadistic old fart responsible for promoting the video. And he's also notorious for burning the Quran every year... This old fart needs to be locked up in the dungeon...

Pastor Terry Jones

That guy (Jones) is a nuisance but it seems he genuinely had very little to do with initially promoting the video:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/world/middleeast/us-envoy-to-libya-is-reported-killed.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/philosophicalfragments/2012/09/12/the-innocence-of-muslims-and-the-guilt-of-terry-jones/ (this second link incorrectly states that the film was made by 'Sam Bacile', which is actually one of Nakoula's fake identities)
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2012

I rest my nut-case!

Look at the 'drunk', wey nefa baff for 7 years? grin
This lose-cannon should not be allowed to roam free I tellya.
The US should make an example of this geriatric ragamuffin. . .STRAIGHT TO JAIL FOR TREASONABLE FELONY!
Any cinema house that plays this video should be shut down for life!
What an UGLY CHIMPAZEE OF A BIGOT! angry
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Dede1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
Muslims who think they fight Allah’s war can simply go to hell fire if there is one. Film makers have every right to portray any character in their work. I honestly blame USA for treating these animals with kid’s clove.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:
That guy (Jones) is a nuisance but it seems he genuinely had very little to do with initially promoting the video:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/world/middleeast/us-envoy-to-libya-is-reported-killed.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/philosophicalfragments/2012/09/12/the-innocence-of-muslims-and-the-guilt-of-terry-jones/

And you think the Egyptian informant raised $3million for that video??

They're just using him and his Egyptian background to defuse the situation..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:
I rest my nut-case!

The US should make an example of this geriatric ragamuffin. . .STRAIGHT TO JAIL FOR TREASONABLE FELONY!

General Martin Dempsey had to call this guy lmao...

He should be locked up somewhere - he's lucky he isn't from the UK. He would be somewhere in max prison eating baked beans right now..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

And you think the Egyptian informant raised $3million for that video??

They're just using him and his Egyptian background to defuse the situation..

It's not a production with costs going into the millions - if the film was finished at all. The quality of the trailer has been described as amateurish and cheap by basically everybody.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chubhie: It then follows that....is Usa a christain nation justified in invading Iraq and killing innocents over wmd they are not sure bout? Is it surpported by the bible? Or did they disobey God?

US is a secular state with laws permitting freely practicing any religion of ones choice as long as it doesn't go against their secular laws. Their invasion of Iraq was not over a religious issue, but over WMD or perhaps more accurately oil. It's different from this case, where muslims are killing innocent non-Muslims over perceived insult on their prophet, who died centuries ago.

The US govt is not a religious body. The current protests and attacks are religious over a perceived religious wrong.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by NaMe4: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
Already, the crisis has spread to
Yemen and some few Muslim
ruling nations, including Nigeria.

Which kind mumu reporting be this?

1 Like

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:
It's not a production with costs going into the millions - if the film was finished at all. The quality of the trailer has been described as amateurish and cheap by basically everybody.

Yeah, but the producer allegedly raised $3million for the movie inconjuction with Pastor Terry Jones...

So, I doubt the Egyptian informant is that powerful... He's an ex-convict on parole, for crying out loud..

They're just using the guy..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Callotti: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

General Martin Dempsey had to call this guy lmao...

He should be locked up somewhere - he's lucky he isn't from the UK. He would be somewhere in max prison eating baked beans right now..

Glad you have come to your senses. . . Praise Osama Bin Ladin!
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

Glad you have come to your senses. . . Praise Osama Bin Ladin!

Come to my senses?

Praise to the God of my ancestors! grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

I rest my nut-case!

Never gonna happen. No US law was broken in making the movie, though distasteful. Sorry
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Yeah, but the producer allegedly raised $3million for the movie inconjuction with Pastor Terry Jones...

So, I doubt the Egyptian informant is that powerful... He's an ex-convict on parole, for crying out loud..

They're just using the guy..

Nakoula just likes to make up stuff - he has a history of this. The scenes shown in the trailer prove that whatever he was working on did not involve anywhere near $1 million, let alone 3 million dollars or "5 million dollars from 100 Jewish donors".
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

No, I do not believe taking innocent lives is a way of conveying the rights to freedom of expression.
However, a mad man can express the same rights when provoked. . . .!
Like the case of the killing of the Americans in Libya.
Too late. . .we can't bring them back.
My question is:"WHY THE PROVOCATION"?
What was the main purpose of the so-called 'film'?
TO PROVOKE MAD PEOPLE WITH AN OUTLET COMMIT MURDER. . .People like you make the 'guilty by reason of insanity' plea very LEGAL in the judicial system.

Please, deal with the consequences. kiss

I think I agree with you that the Muslim protesters are mad, brain-dead people. Sadly they are plenty.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Nakoula just likes to make up stuff - he has a history of this. The scenes shown in the trailer prove that whatever he was working on did not involve anywhere near $1 million, let alone 3 million dollars or "5 million dollars from 100 Jewish donors".

Check this out:

References to Islam in film were overdubbed: report
If you watch closely, you can see that when the actors are reading parts of the script that do not contain Islam-specific language, the audio from the sound stage is used (the audio that was recorded as the actors were simultaneously being filmed). But anytime the actors are referring to something specific to the religion (the Prophet Muhammed, the Quran, etc.) the audio recorded during filming is replaced with a poorly executed post-production dub. And if you look EVEN closer, you can see that the actors’ mouths are saying something other than what the dub is saying.

"The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose," the statement says. "We are shocked by the drastic re-writes of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred."

Gawker's Adrian Chen has spoken with an actress in the film. She had no idea the movie was a spoof of Islam, she tells him. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion," she said:

Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.

The script she was given was titled simplyDesert Warriors.

"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything.
"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2012/sep/12/libya-egypt-attacks-muhammad-film-live

^^^^^Everything points to Pastor Terry Jones - he was the guy who manipulated the movie, changed the voices on it, publicised it - and raised funds with the movie... So, why is he still a free man I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I know the Egyptian informant is just being used to defuse the situation because of his background... And I'm sure they have got a deal for him..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Check this out:

^^^^^Everything points to Pastor Terry Jones - he was the guy who manipulated the movie, changed the voices on it, publicised it - and raised funds with the movie... So, why is he still a free man I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I know Egyptian informant is just being used to defuse the situation because of his background... And I'm sure they have got a deal for him..

What exactly will they charge Jones with, if indeed he's behind the movie?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:
What exactly will they charge Jones with, if indeed he's behind the movie?

Slander, hate speech, and intentional manipulation..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Never gonna happen. No US law was broken in making the movie, though distasteful. Sorry

You maybe correct, however, there's an exclusion to freedom of speech. In as long as you exercising your freedom does not put others in harms way, then you're fine. Even the Supreme Court has upheld that when your exercising of freedom leads to hurting people, though not directly, you could be held liable.

While I do not support the violence, I have to agree with most, the producers of the this movie should be charged with some sought of crime involving the direct stirring of violence within U.S. soil.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Dondbuzor: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Which reader did u used in ur primary school cos its obvious u lack comprehension skill. Which place in d article did clinton apologised to d muslem world?

Chubhie: This is the right thing to do....oya hand over the person behind the movie to the islamic world and let him face the music so as to make an example of people who insults other peoples belief systems.... I commend the white house for taking the right step and urge my fellow muslims brothers to let the case rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools / Jonathan- I Built 9 Universities, 50 Almajiri Schools In 20 Months / Buhari The Yes-man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.