Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations (4676 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life: Your problem is you post so many articles without even reading NONE.

In as long as you find an excerpt that supports your view, you quickly absorb it - post it hook line and sinker.

Let me refresh your memory on the bailout, let me know when you're ready

I already showed you that GM paid back the bailout it received with another bailout money - what else do you need?

And I gave you two excerpts from the head of GM and head of the bailout funds from two different articles - what else do you want?? grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

What do you expect from them, after all the threats Israel continues to send their way - despite Israel having more than 100 nukes?

So they are a threat to Israel and Israel has the backing of the West to keep their unofficial nukes. It's just that America is a bit war weary, so they are hoping for a diplomatic solution. But when push comes to shove, Russia won't stand in the way of a US or US-backed Israeli attack against Iranian nuclear sites. Russia definitely won't go into a proxy war gainst US. China even more so.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life: Oh I forgot, you will soon post an article.

Nonetheless, the topic wasn't whether GM has paid back or not

YOU SAID, OBAMA NEVER RESCUED THE DETROIT THREE

I told you that was incorrect, he rescued them using the TARP loans... In fact, that's even part of his own campaign achievements- how he save 1.1million workers in the auto industry

Don't derail the thread - but how's GM and Detroit doing??

When will GM catch up with Volkswagen?? grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

I already showed you that GM paid back the bailout it received with another bailout money - what else do you need?

And I gave you two excerpts from the head of GM and head of the bailout funds from two different articles - what else do you want?? grin

You see, therein lies your problem,

LOL, Shymexx you sure have a problem. They paid back their loan with another bailout money?

Bailout from the govt or bailout from who exactly?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by ektbear: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
naija journalism....na wa o
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Don't derail the thread - but how's GM and Detroit doing??

When will GM catch up with Volkswagen?? grin

Oh they're doing great.

They don't need to play catch up with any other company, every restructuring process doesn't come easy and it takes years to rebuild what was lost. In case you have forgotten, the U.S. doesn't have the well booming economy it had 10 years ago. Growth is pretty much as low single digit, so it will affect their restructuring process, growth and expansion. When the economy bounce back, they will bounce back 20x stronger

You're the one who brought up the topic not I, so get a grip
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

You see, therein lies your problem,

LOL, Shymexx you sure have a problem. They paid back their loan with another bailout money?

Bailout from the govt or bailout from who exactly?

GM paid back with govt money..

Take this:

But when Whitacre says GM has paid back the bailout money in full, he means not the entire $49.5 billion—the loan and the equity. In fact, he avoids all mention of that figure in his column. He means only the $6.7 billion loan amount.

As it turns out, the Obama administration put $13.4 billion of the aid money as "working capital" in an escrow account when the company was in bankruptcy. The company is using this escrow money—government money—to pay back the government loan.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/04/27/gms-phony-bailout-payback

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Bwahahahahahahaha
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:
So they are a threat to Israel and Israel has the backing of the West to keep their unofficial nukes. It's just that America is a bit war weary, so they are hoping for a diplomatic solution. But when push comes to shove, Russia won't stand in the way of a US or US-backed Israeli attack against Iranian nuclear sites. Russia definitely won't go into a proxy war gainst US. China even more so.

Can Israel go to war with Iran by itself?? grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
Give up now, brudda.. cool
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

GM paid back with govt money..

Take this:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Bwahahahahahahaha

Whose fault is it you did not go to school?

I mentioned to you a few post before, the govt has stake(aka equity) in GM which GM is yet to buy out. The govt is NOT in the business to own shares of a company BUT rescue large companies in the business. Again here it is again,
manny4life:

GM has paid back the actual funds (money), however, the govt stake in GM hasn't be bought out completely.

Perhaps, you did not know when I meant stake, I meant (Equity), oops, my bad. Even if I used small English, you still can't understand, not my fault
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
I have told you, quit arguing blindly sometimes, listen to real news from the financial times, Bloomberg, or some trusted source NOT some faked opinions. grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Whose fault is it you did not go to school?

I mentioned to you a few post before, the govt has stake(aka equity) in GM which GM is yet to buy out. The govt is NOT in the business to own shares of a company BUT rescue large companies in the business. Again here it is again,

Perhaps, you did not know when I meant stake, I meant (Equity), oops, my bad. Even if I used small English, you still can't understand, not my fault

Fam, stop feigning ignorance - and looking for a way out...

In conclusion, the bailout to GM flopped, period... undecided undecided

Why would the GM need to pay back with escrow money, if the company was actually growing?

That's just simple economics, mate..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
Again

[size=16pt]GM HAS PAID BACK IT'S LOAN (ACTUAL MONEY)IN FULL[/size]
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by alaoeri: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

Here you come again with your own theories... You honestly think that the Arab nations will boycott U.S., who needs who? America needing them or them needing America? LOL, this just shows you don't understand the scheme of things. You think when U.S. built a base in Saudi, you think it was for free? It's because most Arab nations have threats from nations like Iran and their cohorts who have serious nuclear activity. Let any U.S. - Arab ally stand on their own, there's no telling what will happen next.

China and Russia, they may look like they're partnering, China is greedy, Russia wants to control, their partnership is more or less futile. Even if both combined together as allies, it will take more than just partnership to defeat U.S.. Russia is living on old glory (Nuclear weapons), China is pretty much copy, America can NEVER loose ground in Middle East, not to talk of Israel, a major strong ally of the U.S., you better look around you. Arab nations needs the U.S. more than U.S needs them.
Tell me what Arab nations need from American, rather America is the one exploiting them & any Arab nation that America invaded is of self benefit, Iraq - oil, Libya - oil, Afghanistan & Pakistan drugs such as cocaine, heroine & opium, American isn't fighting Saudi, Qatar, Oman etc because their leaders are dancing to American's tune anyday, anytime they stop to dance to their tune American 'll find one way or the Other to invade them. Let American pull out from middle east & see whether they 'll still retain that no1 as the world super powers. So American needs middle east cooperation more than any nation that's why they keep building base & monitoring the activities of these nations. Why did they α̅lways shows interest in their system of government simply because they don't want them to be treat. American needs middle east cooporation than any other nation for them to still be no1 to reckon with that's why they are issue apology.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Fam, stop feigning ignorance - and looking for a way out...

In conclusion, the bailout to GM flopped, period... undecided undecided

Ignorance? LOL, coming from you? I can't laugh enough.

How did it flop exactly? Mr analyst, I'm waiting to hear you own opinion because you sound so objective on the subject matter?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
Don't worry, if you can't answer, I will tutor you on basic finance (loans and equity) which is what the govt did. Taxpayers own some part of GM as equity, stake or whatever u choose to call it. However, the main money has been paid....LOL grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life: Again

GM HAS PAID BACK IT'S LOAN (ACTUAL MONEY)IN FULL

Take this:

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

Right now, the government’s GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.

It’s doubtful that the Obama administration would attempt to sell off the government’s massive position in GM while the stock price is falling. It would be too embarrassing politically. Accordingly, if GM shares continue to decline, it is likely that Obama would ride the stock down to zero.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/15/general-motors-is-headed-for-bankruptcy-again/

Let's stop derailing the topic now, ok? tongue
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Take this:

Let's stop derailing the topic now, ok? tongue

WOW... From a contributor?

Headed for bankruptcy when they made $7.6billion in PROFITS this year?... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm glad that you're getting it, what the govt paid for isn't up to what it's being traded for resulting to loss, but hey, I wouldn't have to teach you simple finance. grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life: Don't worry, if you can't answer, I will tutor you on basic finance (loans and equity) which is what the govt did. Taxpayers own some part of GM as equity, stake or whatever u choose to call it. However, the main money has been paid....LOL grin grin

That wasn't what the argument was about, though...

You said the bailout saved the Detroit Three - and I told you it didn't..

Detroit is still a downtrodden city and GM is about to go bankrupt again.. undecided undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

WOW... From a contributor?

Headed for bankruptcy when they made $7.6billion in PROFITS this year?... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Back to the topic, since you know more than the economists at forbes, CNN, ABC, Financial Times etc.. undecided undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations

Please forgive us? Is this a joke or a figment of somebody's imagination?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Back to the topic, since you know more than the economists at forbes, CNN, ABC, Financial Times etc.. undecided undecided

LOL

Directly from GM's website, second quater, posted about $2billion for 2012, in profits

AND THEY STILL NEED A BAILOUT?

http://www.gm.com/content/gmcom/home/company/investors/earning-releases.content_pages_news_emergency_news_0802_q2_earnings.~content~gmcom~home~company~investors~earning-releases.html
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Did you read on what yu saw on Forbes?

That's a contributor, and does not express the pinion of Forbes...lol

I forgot, you always post excerpts and don't even read the damn article, at least find out info from it.

Ok post the one from CNN and ABC and Financial times I want to see this grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
LOL

Directly from GM's website, second quater, posted about $2billion for 2012, in profits

AND THEY STILL NEED A BAILOUT?

http://www.gm.com/content/gmcom/home/company/investors/earning-releases.content_pages_news_emergency_news_0802_q2_earnings.~content~gmcom~home~company~investors~earning-releases.html

Bwahahahahaha

Keep stating 'profit' bubble - and I'll keep giving you FACTS!!

Take this:

So why does the Treasury say that it's still out over $25 billion?

Several reasons, but here's a big one: GM's stock price hasn't played along.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/08/15/taxpayers-gm-investment-down-25-billion/
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't what the argument was about, though...

You said the bailout saved the Detroit Three - and I told you it didn't..

Detroit is still a downtrodden city and GM is about to go bankrupt again.. undecided undecided

Yes it saved them and still is because again the govt own a large chunk (equity) in GM. In as long as the tax payers own shares at GM, it saved them.

I don't care about Detroit, I was talking about the companies not the city... The economy is in bad shape which will definitely reflect on sales, but again in 2012, yu can see their numbers. grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

Did you read on what yu saw on Forbes?

That's a contributor, and does not express the pinion of Forbes...lol

I forgot, you always post excerpts and don't even read the damn article, at least find out info from it.

Ok post the one from CNN and ABC and Financial times I want to see this grin grin grin

This is from CNN Feb. 2012:

But while the automakers are all posting strong results, taxpayers are still on the hook for billions of dollars. Taxpayers fell $1.3 billion short on the Chrysler bailout and are still waiting for $25.5 billion back on the GM deal. In total, the companies received about $60 billion between them.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/16/news/companies/gm_bailout/index.htm

I'm done with this topic... undecided undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha

Keep stating 'profit' bubble - and I'll keep giving you FACTS!!

Take this:

So why does the Treasury say that it's still out over $25 billion?

Several reasons, but here's a big one: GM's stock price hasn't played along.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/08/15/taxpayers-gm-investment-down-25-billion/

Facts about what?

Where u not the one who said GM is doing bad? How bad can you be when you make enormous profits that rattling the auto industry and still moving strong? grin grin grin

Yes, it is because duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's common sense, the govt bailed out GM in both cash and stock (equity). The cash was paid back, but stock is dependent on market variation (who is willing to buy/sell). If the government were to dump it's stock, they will loose money, they hang onto it and wait till economy booms back, when they liquidate it, they make the money they spent... Take that for a finance tip.

So YES, the U.S. Treasury is stating that it lost money or perhaps yu may hear that they haven't paid back, they are referring to the stock purchase (time of purchase in comparison to now), there's a difference in prices. When the U.S. government bought their stocks, they bought on the books not what the market was asking so as t shore up their capital.... grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

This is from CNN Feb. 2012:

But while the automakers are all posting strong results, taxpayers are still on the hook for billions of dollars. Taxpayers fell $1.3 billion short on the Chrysler bailout and are still waiting for $25.5 billion back on the GM deal. In total, the companies received about $60 billion between them.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/16/news/companies/gm_bailout/index.htm

I'm done with this topic... undecided undecided

Whose fault is it you did not go to school? grin grin grin

Like I said, stocks are dependent on market price movement and being that the U.S. is yet to come out of recession, the stock move up and down in prices daily. I have explained to you, the stock purchase price was too high as opposed to it's selling price, nonetheless, it's just stock and nothing else. The main money has been paid. It's like someone who has stock assets, 401k or whatever, you receive your quarterly statement , it tells you whether you lost or gained in the market.... same scenario ONLY THAT now it involves tax payers and the govt wants to liquidate when the price is right.

Don't worry, I'm just trying to educate you a lil...
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Facts about what?

Where u not the one who said GM is doing bad? How bad can you be when you make enormous profits that rattling the auto industry and still moving strong? grin grin grin

Yes, it is because duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's common sense, the govt bailed out GM in both cash and stock (equity). The cash was paid back, but stock is dependent on market variation (who is willing to buy/sell). If the government were to dump it's stock, they will loose money, they hang onto it and wait till economy booms back, when they liquidate it, they make the money they spent... Take that for a finance tip.

So YES, the U.S. Treasury is stating that it lost money or perhaps yu may hear that they haven't paid back, they are referring to the stock purchase (time of purchase in comparison to now), there's a difference in prices. When the U.S. government bought their stocks, they bought on the books not what the market was asking so as t shore up their capital.... grin grin grin

Wait till the economy 'booms back' in 'neverland', no?? You mean the same economy that's already in the toilet??

Damn!! You're a terrible economist, mate... sad

Back to the topic:

manny4life:
Wouldn't that determine how you define "THREAT"?

What do you call battle of supremacy? How is someone supreme without direct challenge? Yes, they're intelligent, no doubt, you said it yourself, I guess the Arabs aren't so you see why they need powerful intelligent allies to their side.

There's battle of Supremacy between the UK and Germany and it plays out all the time at the EU - would you call Germany a threat to the UK??
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri:
Tell me what Arab nations need from American, rather America is the one exploiting them & any Arab nation that America invaded is of self benefit, Iraq - oil, Libya - oil, Afghanistan & Pakistan drugs such as cocaine, heroine & opium, American isn't fighting Saudi, Qatar, Oman etc because their leaders are dancing to American's tune anyday, anytime they stop to dance to their tune American 'll find one way or the Other to invade them. Let American pull out from middle east & see whether they 'll still retain that no1 as the world super powers. So American needs middle east cooperation more than any nation that's why they keep building base & monitoring the activities of these nations. Why did they α̅lways shows interest in their system of government simply because they don't want them to be treat. American needs middle east cooporation than any other nation for them to still be no1 to reckon with that's why they are issue apology.

The Arabs needs the West's ( America and Europe) technology and goods in exchange for their oil. China can't use all of the Arab's oil, besides China produces majorly for the West. So the West can arm twist China if need be. Russia does not need Arab oil much as they have their own. The West are no way near losing their influence in the Middle East. The Arabs don't trust each other, so a united front isn't forthcoming. Being a super power is a military thing largely, and the US tops here - can't see how the Middle East affects that. The US have options in oil - there's Africa and South America. A Western embargo on Middle East oil with a bit of squeeze (taxes for instance) on China-made goods will affect the Arabs more as it'll affect most of their economy.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Wait till the economy 'booms back' in 'neverland', no?? You mean the same economy that's already in the toilet??

Damn!! You're a terrible economist, mate... sad

Back to the topic:

There's battle of Supremacy between the UK and Germany and it plays out all the time at the EU - would you call Germany a threat to the UK??

Lol, who's fault is it that you will NEVER understand how money and finance works?

Any economy facing huge recession doesn't come out it immediately, it takes TIME... Don't worry, they're posting profits, after all, they're not the ONLY company with bad books or filed bankruptcy, their own was just tooo unique. The economy is gradually healing but not there "just yet", when it gets there, you'll come back here and say it. grin grin grin

If educating your low knowledge makes me a terrible economist,, so be it. However, don't state FALSE CLAIMS - GM has paid it's actual fund bailout with the exception of the stock equity. grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Lol, who's fault is it that you will NEVER understand how money and finance works?

Any economy facing huge recession doesn't come out it immediately, it takes TIME... Don't worry, they're posting profits, after all, they're not the ONLY company with bad books or filed bankruptcy, their own was just tooo unique. The economy is gradually healing but not there "just yet", when it gets there, you'll come back here and say it. grin grin grin

If educating your low knowledge makes me a terrible economist,, so be it. However, don't state FALSE CLAIMS - GM has paid it's actual fund bailout with the exception of the stock equity. grin grin grin

You're not educating me, you're just making your own terrible assertions... Numbers don't lie and I gave you FACTS!!

GM paying back with escrow money shows that the company isn't growing..

Let's get back to the topic..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Regret Serving Pdp Government That Created Boko Haram B/cs Of Politics.. Maku / Online Presidential Election Poll!!! (Result) / The South South Are All Behind You Tonyebarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.