Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,987 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations (4673 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Check this out:

^^^^^Everything points to Pastor Terry Jones - he was the guy who manipulated the movie, changed the voices on it, publicised it - and raised funds with the movie... So, why is he still a free man I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I know the Egyptian informant is just being used to defuse the situation because of his background... And I'm sure they have got a deal for him..

I don't see how you can conclude all of that and link it to Jones directly, but I admit that there is a possibility that more people were involved than just Nakoula and his close associates.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:
I don't see how you can conclude all of that and link it to Jones directly, but I admit that there is a possibility that more people were involved than just Nakoula and his close associates.

But who publicised the movie and raised funds for it??

The movie has been out for sometime and it had nothing to do with Islam - till Pastor Terry Jones got involved and posted the re-edited version all over the internet...
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by alaoeri: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
Why won't they apologise, ppl that doesn't know anything about international politics 'll just come here & rant. If those Arabs nations decided to boycott America they 'll surely pay for it whereby China & Russia are waiting patiently to form a strong partnership with Arab nations which 'll have negative effect on America, that's why America doesn't want to loose ground in middle east. Abeg make una study international politics wella.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Slander, hate speech, and intentional manipulation..

Ok. Maybe it might stick, but I doubt. Fact that Mohd is not a living person will make it'll a tough sell. Such a prosecution would be seen as waste of public funds. And such a trial won't do Obama's reelection bid much good.

It'll be nearly legally impossible to hold him responsible for the violence of others who reacted to seeing his movie. They may as well ban all movies with violent scenes, which is like 80% of Hollywood movies.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Chubhie: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri: Why won't they apologise, ppl that doesn't know anything about international politics 'll just come here & rant. If those Arabs nations decided to boycott America they 'll surely pay for it whereby China & Russia are waiting patiently to form a strong partnership with Arab nations which 'll have negative effect on America, that's why America doesn't want to loose ground in middle east. Abeg make una study international politics wella.
This is the truth. And i expect America to do the right thing. It seems china and japan are presently beating the war drums againt each other while Russia is calmly watching events unfold.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by esere826: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
This freedom of expression thing is very tricky.

-I personally don't feel that any religion should be protected from it.
-But then again, I wonder why p#rn is restricted? I mean, this should also be a freedom of expression. Or why one shouldn't be allowed to walk around n.ude in public? this too is also a kind of freedom of expression.

-now to the really weird one, why is it legally incestious for a brother and sister to get married? I mean, if two same sex people can get married, why can't they?
-Should I go crazy with my thinking, and talk about parents and their mature children?

-I mean, where should the line be drawn?
-What is good, and what is evil?
-Who defines this, and for who?
-Why should someone else's belief affect me?

WHAT SHOULD WE ACCEPT, AND WHAT SHOULDNT WE? Who determines this, is it violence? Then, everyman to his weapons. I guess this is why wars will never end
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:
Ok. Maybe it might stick, but I doubt. Fact that Mohd is not a living person will make it'll a tough sell. Such a prosecution would be seen as waste of public funds. And such a trial won't do Obama's reelection bid much good.

It'll be nearly legally impossible to hold him responsible for the violence of others who reacted to seeing his movie. They may as well ban all movies with violent scenes, which is like 80% of Hollywood movies.

But he was the one who publicised it and dubbed the movie from its original language, to the vile and manipulative one... The movie was made in 2011 and it had nothing to do with Islam - so that's enough evidence to lock the lunatic away... He's putting people's lives at risk with his bigoted and offensive way of life....
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
The film was dubbed into Egyptian Arabic by someone Bacile doesn't know, but he speaks enough Arabic to confirm that the translation is accurate. It was made in three months in the summer of 2011, with 59 actors and about 45 people behind the camera.

The full film has been shown once, to a mostly empty theatre in Hollywood earlier this year, said Bacile.

^^^That's all you need to know about the movie and Terry Jones' involvement.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri: Why won't they apologise, ppl that doesn't know anything about international politics 'll just come here & rant. If those Arabs nations decided to boycott America they 'll surely pay for it whereby China & Russia are waiting patiently to form a strong partnership with Arab nations which 'll have negative effect on America, that's why America doesn't want to loose ground in middle east. Abeg make una study international politics wella.

Here you come again with your own theories... You honestly think that the Arab nations will boycott U.S., who needs who? America needing them or them needing America? LOL, this just shows you don't understand the scheme of things. You think when U.S. built a base in Saudi, you think it was for free? It's because most Arab nations have threats from nations like Iran and their cohorts who have serious nuclear activity. Let any U.S. - Arab ally stand on their own, there's no telling what will happen next.

China and Russia, they may look like they're partnering, China is greedy, Russia wants to control, their partnership is more or less futile. Even if both combined together as allies, it will take more than just partnership to defeat U.S.. Russia is living on old glory (Nuclear weapons), China is pretty much copy, America can NEVER loose ground in Middle East, not to talk of Israel, a major strong ally of the U.S., you better look around you. Arab nations needs the U.S. more than U.S needs them.

1 Like

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Here you come again with your own theories... You honestly think that the Arab nations will boycott U.S., who needs who? America needing them or them needing America? LOL, this just shows you don't understand the scheme of things. You think when U.S. built a base in Saudi, you think it was for free? It's because most Arab nations have threats from nations like Iran and their cohorts who have serious nuclear activity. Let any U.S. - Arab ally stand on their own, there's no telling what will happen next.

China and Russia, they may look like they're partnering, China is greedy, Russia wants to control, their partnership is more or less futile. Even if both combined together as allies, it will take more than just partnership to defeat U.S.. Russia is living on old glory (Nuclear weapons), China is pretty much copy, America can NEVER loose ground in Middle East, not to talk of Israel, a major strong ally of the U.S., you better look around you. Arab nations needs the U.S. more than U.S needs them.

You don't know anything about international politics.. undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
Did I forget to add, how Russia and China has stood by Iran all this while, you honestly believe, when wealthy Arab nation view Iran as a threat, you honestly think they will boycott U.S., a nation standing by their side at all times? I'm laughing hard because, nations like Saudi, Oman, UAE etc need the U.S., reason why they are STRONG allies and the U.S. to setup bases in their countries.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

You don't know anything about international politics.. undecided

You can either contribute or move forward, I rather not know than be shymexxing... grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life: Did I forget to add, how Russia and China has stood by Iran all this while, you honestly believe, when wealthy Arab nation view Iran as a threat, you honestly think they will boycott U.S., a nation standing by their side at all times? I'm laughing hard because, nations like Saudi, Oman, UAE etc need the U.S., reason why they are STRONG allies and the U.S. to setup bases in their countries.

How's Iran a threat to Saudi Arabia and Qatar?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2012

US dominates international politics. Arabs are too disunited to form a united front against US (and Europe). Don't be fooled by the flexing in Syria. US would have taken out Assad if they really wanted to do so by force. They did it in Iraq, Libya recently. See the small speech by Obama and Morsi rushed to apologize for not protecting the embasy. Besides internal American politics will make such an apology politically-suicidal for Obama.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

You can either contribute or move forward, I rather not know than be shymexxing... grin grin grin

Can you list the reason why they need the yanks?

Don't start acting funny, I want to see what you've got - and you should ashamed that I know more about Nigerian politics than you do.. sad
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Dede1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
I do not care if the aforementioned film portrayed Mohammed while making love in the open field, idiotic Muslims have no natural pedigree to kill fellow human beings on nonsensical earthly beliefs. It is the same nonsensical behaviors that kept rearing its ugly head in northern region of Nigeria. If these moronic dingbats think they are religiously intoxicated with scripture of Islam, USA should unleash the deadliest of antihuman weapon on them in order to inform them that citizens of USA are also intoxicated with the spirit of secularism.

2 Likes

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

How's Iran a threat to Saudi Arabia and Qatar?

Same way Iran is a strong threat to the entire middle east because of their nuclear activity. Saudi, is the most favored ally of the U.S. and, from time has ALWAYS condemned them.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
Dede1: I do not care if the aforementioned film portrayed Mohammed while making love in the open field, idiotic Muslims have no natural pedigree to kill fellow human beings on nonsensical earthly beliefs. It is the same nonsensical behaviors that kept rearing its ugly head in northern region of Nigeria. If these moronic dingbats think they are religiously intoxicated with scripture of Islam, USA should unleash the deadliest of antihuman weapon on them in order to inform them that citizens of USA are also intoxicated with the spirit of secularism.

lol
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

^^^That's all you need to know about the movie and Terry Jones' involvement.

Nakoula would be fluent in Egyptian Arabic and 'Bacile' is just one of Nakoula's fictitious identities. Even if the film was shot in 2011, the trailer might have only been made and posted on the internet in 2012 with Nakoula's dubbing.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Can you list the reason why they need the yanks?

Don't start acting funny, I want to see what you've got - and you should ashamed that I know more about Nigerian politics than you do.. sad

Ashamed about what exactly? Dirty Nigerian politics I take lil interest in?

Dude, hear yourself out, you call plagiarism knowledge?

Did it EVER occur to you that people have different interest?

I do not read Nigerian news doesn't mean I don't read international news...

Please, get a grip over your thoughts.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Same way Iran is a strong threat to the entire middle east because of their nuclear activity. Saudi, is the most favored ally of the U.S. and, from time has ALWAYS condemned them.

Has Iran ever threatened any country in the Gulf?? So, why would it be a threat to its neighbours??

It's more of a battle of supremacy than a threat - and the Persians are ahead... Using the words of General Dempsey, "Iran is an intellectual property and you can't stop them." Persians are intellectually ahead of Arabs - so, there's no competition...
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Ashamed about what exactly? Dirty Nigerian politics I take lil interest in?

Dude, hear yourself out, you call plagiarism knowledge?

Did it EVER occur to you that people have different interest?

I do not read Nigerian news doesn't mean I don't read international news...

Please, get a grip over your thoughts.

What's plagiarism? And what has online fun competition about Nigerian politics got to do with this??

Fam, don't start getting emotional - take that crap somewhere else...

You don't even know about domestic US policies - I outed your deficiencies in the thread about the bail out.. undecided undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Has Iran ever threatened any country in the Gulf?? So, why would it be a threat to its neighbours??

It's more of a battle of supremacy than a threat - and the Persians are ahead... Using the words of General Dempsey, "Iran is an intellectual property and you can't stop them." Persians are intellectually ahead of Arabs - so, there's no competition...

Wouldn't that determine how you define "THREAT"?

What do you call battle of supremacy? How is someone supreme without direct challenge? Yes, they're intelligent, no doubt, you said it yourself, I guess the Arabs aren't so you see why they need powerful intelligent allies to their side.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by taharqa: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti:

It is really not your fault. . .ENGLISH IS MOST-DEFINITELY YOUR 10TH Language.
MANY APOLOGIES. embarassed Like my co-workers would say. . . I CAN ONLY EXPLAIN IT TO YOU. . . BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU! kiss

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apology

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Apology

Jeez! I said in Diplomacy. DIPLOMATIC language is very diff 4rm English language or any oda language 4 dat mata(in fact it is not fundamentally dependent on any spoken language). You are given me an English dictionary when we are talking about diplomacy and using it to argue with me!!...now read dat comment again; cant keep going on-and-on wit u on dis
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

What's plagiarism? And what has online fun competition about Nigerian politics got to do with this??

Fam, don't start getting emotional - take that crap somewhere else...

You don't even know about domestic US policies - I outed your deficiencies in the thread about the bail out.. undecided undecided

LOL... the bailout?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You see your problem is you claim to know but you lack

Again, like I asked you,

WASN'T THE BAILOUT FUNDS USED TO RESCUE THE DETROIT THREE?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Wouldn't that determine how you define "THREAT"?

What do you call battle of supremacy? How is someone supreme without direct challenge? Yes, they're intelligent, no doubt, you said it yourself, I guess the Arabs aren't so you see why they need powerful intelligent allies to their side.

There's battle of Supremacy between the UK and Germany and it plays out all the time at the EU - would you call Germany a threat to the UK??
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Iran's rhetorics against Israel is not helping them. The West will likely not allow Iran own/keep nukes. Expect bombs to drop on their nuclear facilities if Russia doesn't find a way to reassure the West.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
LOL... the bailout?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You see your problem is you claim to know but you lack

Again, like I asked you,

WASN'T THE BAILOUT FUNDS USED TO RESCUE THE DETROIT THREE?

But has GM paid back the bailout like you asserted?? Hell NO!!! grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
Your problem is you post so many articles without even reading NONE.

In as long as you find an excerpt that supports your view, you quickly absorb it - post it hook line and sinker.

Let me refresh your memory on the bailout, let me know when you're ready
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:

Iran's rhetorics against Israel is not helping them. The West will likely not allow Iran own/keep nukes. Expect bombs to drop on their nuclear facilities if Russia doesn't find a way to reassure the West.

What do you expect from them, after all the threats Israel continues to send their way - despite Israel having more than 100 nukes?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

But has GM paid back the bailout like you asserted?? Hell NO!!! grin

GM has paid back the actual funds (money), however, the govt stake in GM hasn't be bought out completely.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Oh I forgot, you will soon post an article.

Nonetheless, the topic wasn't whether GM has paid back or not

[size=16pt]YOU SAID, OBAMA NEVER RESCUED THE DETROIT THREE[/size]

I told you that was incorrect, he rescued them using the TARP loans... In fact, that's even part of his own campaign achievements- how he save 1.1million workers in the auto industry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Nigerians Are Not Stupiid / The Sorry State Of (osun State) / El-rufai Signs 2018 Budget Of N216bn Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.