Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

“please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations (4675 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
Only about 16% of oil consumed by US comes from the Gulf, and this from countries that are unlikely to go against them. Even if this source dries up, they can make up for it from Africa, South America or develop their untouched reserves. A long term option would be for them to more agressively develop and promote renewable energy, especially for vehicles. The dependence of the US on the Middle East is exagerrated.

http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/research/crude-oil/where-the-us-gets-its-oil-from/
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

You're not educating me, you're just making your own terrible assertions... Numbers don't lie and I gave you FACTS!!

GM paying back with escrow money shows that the company isn't growing..

Let's get back to the topic..

Paying back with escrow money that the govt gave them? At times, I wonder how you reason-

So when a company borrows money from a bank (aka capital) and adds it into their business, and the bank gives them a 12months term t pay it back, so how does it matter or care to the bank where the company gets the money to pay it?

Geez...your reasoning is very slow for me, the money is nothing BUT LOANS (CAPITAL), it does not matter whether it was put into escrow, or whatever, they're all part of the money borrowed used to assist in repayment. The only difference is something is set aside to be used for repayment, but in all they are liabilities (LOANS) which was borrowed. If GM decides to use the money to pay down some debt including it's debtor, what difference does it make? Isn't all the money capital? How does that affect the fact that GM has paid it's debt? GM get $10 and put $1 into escrow to assist with repayment, leaving them $9 to shore up their operations, however you look at it, $1+$9= $10 (debt).

Geez, I don't know how else to drive it down you, but seriously, you need help.

Yeah, FACTS that supported my main position - the government owns stake in GM
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn: Only about 16% of oil consumed by US comes from the Gulf, and this from countries that are unlikely to go against them. Even if this source dries up, they can make up for it from Africa, South America or develop their untouched reserves. A long term option would be for them to more agressively develop and promote renewable energy, especially for vehicles. The dependence of the US on the Middle East is exagerrated.

http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/research/crude-oil/where-the-us-gets-its-oil-from/

Have you ever heard about 'Petrodollar'? If they change the 'petrocurrency' from dollar to another currency, the US economy would go straight to hell in NASA's space shuttle...

Those in Washington and Wall Street know that they need MENA..
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
Paying back with escrow money that the govt gave them? At times, I wonder how you reason-

So when a company borrows money from a bank (aka capital) and adds it into their business, and the bank gives them a 12months term t pay it back, so how does it matter or care to the bank where the company gets the money to pay it?

Geez...your reasoning is very slow for me, the money is nothing BUT LOANS (CAPITAL), it does not matter whether it was put into escrow, or whatever, they're all part of the working capital used to assist in repayment. If GM decides to use the money to pay down some debt including it's debtor, what difference does it make? Isn't all the money capital? How does that affect the fact that GM has paid it's debt? GM get $10 and put $1 into escrow to assist with repayment, leaving them $9 to shore up their operations, however you look at it, $1+$9= $10 (debt).

Geez, I don't know how else to drive it down you, but seriously, you need help.

Yeah, FACTS that supported my main position - the government owns stake in GM

Let me ask you in layman's English..

Mr. pseudo-economist - can you ever pay back a bank loan with your property, if you're truly doing well, in whatever you took the loan for?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Let me ask you in layman's English..

Mr. pseudo-economist - can you ever pay back a bank loan with your property, if you're truly doing well, in whatever you took the loan for?

What is the point of your question?

Just because I'm doing well doesn't mean I won't borrow to transact business.

It depends on the contractual agreements, if the bank accepts other forms of assets, then if it's equivalent, why not? I may decide to repay my loans using a different method because a loan is OPM (Other People's Money) not mine. There's the risk/reward concept attached to it.

However, I don't see the point of your question.

Btw, after all, isn't that what most investment banks do? They offer you loan, in return for a certain equity in your company or other collateralize assets.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:
What is the point of your question?

Just because I'm doing well doesn't mean I won't borrow to transact business.

It depends on the contractual agreements, if the bank accepts other forms of assets, then if it's equivalent, why not? I may decide to repay my loans using a different method because a loan is OPM (Other People's Money) not mine. There's the risk/reward concept attached to it.

However, I don't see the point of your question.

Btw, after all, isn't that what most investment banks do? They offer you loan, in return for a certain equity in your company.

Your answer shows that you're a terrible economist...

I'm bored now - this back and forth is draining, let's just agree to disagree.. undecided
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by manny4life(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Your answer shows that you're a terrible economist...

I'm bored now - this back and forth is draining, let's just agree to disagree.. undecided

Exactly!

You asked me a question, I answered you, now, my answer shows I'm a terrible economist...lolllllll

When you have nothing further to say, shymexx of all people being tired...lol

Yeah, drop it because, it's obvious you have a long way ahead of you... grin grin grin
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
manny4life:

Exactly!

You asked me a question, I answered you, now, my answer shows I'm a terrible economist...lolllllll

When you have nothing further to say, shymexx of all people being tired...lol

Yeah, drop it because, it's obvious you have a long way ahead of you... grin grin grin

Bwhahahahah.... Saving some energy for tomorrow..

Do you watch NFL? - and since you're from DC, how do people around there feel about RGIII?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Have you ever heard about 'Petrodollar'? If they change the 'petrocurrency' from dollar to another currency, the US economy would go straight to hell in NASA's space shuttle...

Those in Washington and Wall Street knows that they need MENA..

China is already proposing to trade oil in yuan. Oil will be traded for some time using a globally accepted currency, so a big change isn't hapenning that soon. When/if it does happen, it may affect the demand for the dollar internationally and hence it's value a bit, yes, but it won't mean the end of the US. The US is not a super power only because the dollar is what oil is traded with. It's still the largest economy in the world. It has the most military might, and leads in technological innovations. Besides there are options for the US to make the dollar desirable as a standard for international trade - back it by metal such as gold and the US hold the world's largest gold reserve.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:
China is already proposing to trade oil in yuan. Oil will be traded for some time using a globally accepted currency, so a big change isn't hapenning that soon. When/if it does happen, it may affect the demand for the dollar internationally and hence it's value a bit, yes, but it won't mean the end of the US. The US is not a super power only because the dollar is what oil is traded with. It's still the largest economy in the world. It has the most military might, and leads in technological innovations. Besides there are options for the US to make the dollar desirable as a standard for international trade - back it by metal such as gold and the US hold the world's largest gold reserve.

Let me chip in this scenario:

If MENA decides to start trading with US using gold dinar like Ghaddafi proposed before he was killed - the gold would be exhausted within 5 years max... And the Federal Reserve(where all the gold reserve is) is a privately owned company but organised under federal regulations and heavily funded by the federal government...And it receives no appropriated funds from Congress...

http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/frcourt.html
http://www.frbsf.org/education/activities/drecon/answerxml.cfm?selectedurl=/2003/0309.html

Petrodollar made US the richest and the most powerful country in the world...
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx:

Let me chip in this scenario:

If MENA decides to start trading with US using gold dinar like Ghaddafi proposed before he was killed - the gold would be exhausted within 5 years max... And the Federal Reserve(where all the gold reserve is) is a privately owned company but organised under federal regulations and heavily funded by the federal government...And it receives no appropriated funds from Congress...

http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/frcourt.html
http://www.frbsf.org/education/activities/drecon/answerxml.cfm?selectedurl=/2003/0309.html

Petrodollar made US the richest and the most powerful country in the world...

Too simplistic. Of course other nations including US would exports their non-oil goods in gold too. The world's economy would probably have collapse because there's not enough gold.

US has been the most powerful before OPEC started trading in dollars in 1949. US power is not just the dollar as I mentioned earlier.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
TroGunn:
Too simplistic. Of course other nations including US would exports their non-oil goods in gold too. The world's economy would probably have collapse because there's not enough gold.

And they would look elsewhere for manufactured goods... You can't compare commodity goods with manufactured goods - one is a necessity, while the other is a matter of choice...

US has been the most powerful before OPEC started trading in dollars in 1949. US power is not just the dollar as I mentioned earlier.

US became the sole super power after the WW2 albeit the Soviets were somewhere in between... The economies of all the countries in Europe were in ruins, African was under colonisation, and Asia was semi-dead... The military might and expansive world wide policing started after petrodollar was signed and sealed in 1971... President Nixon axed the gold standard and replaced it with the petrodollar system... Hence, making the petrodollar system and the yanks' ability to manipulate the global reserve currency the base of American economical power... Petrodollar financed the 70s/80/90s boom in America - and all those 1200 and something military bases around the world..

Read about how petrodollar system works..

1 Like

Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
US does not need Middle East oil per say but needs oil to be sold in dollars. That's the summary of US powers in coded form.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Ivynwa(f): 2:44am On Sep 16, 2012
@Poster

The title of your thread is wrong. If you read in between the lines you will see that the message was not "Please forgive us".
They simply exonerated themselves while tactfully & respectfully trying to douse the anger the film a-roused. Smart Move!
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Caseless: 5:19am On Sep 16, 2012
Callotti: Some people want to see 'I am sorry' before they can consider the true meaning of 'apology'?
Damn!
Damn!
Damn!
I'am buggered too! Sum dnt jst read xcept on NL. Ok, giv litearal apology 'we'r sory' 2 save sum NLers d stress.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Caseless: 6:24am On Sep 16, 2012
TroGunn:

I think I agree with you that the Muslim protesters are mad, brain-dead people. Sadly they are plenty.
And u'r kinetically MAD 4 supportin wat triggered their madness. Dnt blame their actions cos u madly caused their madness
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by IleIfe2(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2012
TroGunn: OP, there's no place in the article where Hilary Clinton apologized for the video on behalf of the US govt. It'll be stupi.d of them to do that. They have no need to apologize for the opinion of certain US citizens. She said that their laws permit freedom of speech. She seem to emphasize more that Islam loses more respect as a result of the violent reaction to the movie. US govt will likely never apologize for the movie or take action against the producers.

thank you o.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by IleIfe2(m): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2012
Callotti: A step in the right direction. . . .To think that an American Jew. . .whose inheritance is laced with the burden of bigotry would cause this kind of problem for AMERICANS in general is despicable. What would he gain by endangering the lives of Americans all over the world I keep asking myself? Surely, this 'film-maker' did not learn anything from the HOLOCAUST!

I hope some 'NAIRALAND BIGOTS' can read this and learn a thing or two! kiss
The USA does not need this during the upcoming elections. . .especially after Iraq and Afghanistan.

The filmakers should face charges for endangering American lives ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! Period. kiss
Obama should not stop there. . . the culprits of this heinous crime of the utmost bigotry should be incarcerated.
MADNESS
!!!

The movie makers can not be charged for making that movie. They have committed no crime. Every human with common sense would find denigrating any religion whether Animism or Buddhism wrong. So stop getting excited because Hilary said she finds it disgusting. She might even be referring to the poor production quality. So, we can twist what she said anyhow we want but it is obvious that nobody is begging anybody. btw. muslims should prepare to protest forever because more of this movies/cartoons will/should be made. The producers don't have to make up stories every script needed is in the islamic text.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by IleIfe2(m): 7:26am On Sep 16, 2012
Callotti:

Thanks for the correction. . . it does not change a thing. . . I got my own report from NL.
Thank you!
Read here:
HE IS AN AMERICAN. . .PERIOD!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1046173/fatawa-isreali-anti-islam-filmmaker-hiding

I hope BIGOTS like you are happy now? Thanks to people like you. . . I am now an endangered American. . . EVEN IN ABUJA! angry

So. every northerner(muslim) is a boko-haram. common sense?
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by IleIfe2(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2012
Chubhie: It then follows that....is Usa a christain nation justified in invading Iraq and killing innocents over wmd they are not sure bout? Is it surpported by the bible? Or did they disobey God?

America is not a Chritian nation. Do you see a Pope or Ayatollah Khomeini as the supreme dictator leader of US? no. Every child born on that soil has the right to lead that country if elected. American law is neither a bible nor a quran. They have a constitution that caters to people of all religions. America is a secular state.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2012
caseless: And u'r kinetically MAD 4 supportin wat triggered their madness. Dnt blame their actions cos u madly caused their madness

What triggered their madness is their intolerance of non-Muslims and hatred of the west. The privately-produced movie was only used as a phoney excuse, as they also attacked non- Americans. No, I don't support hating others to the point of harming them because they have different beliefs.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
shymexx:

And they would look elsewhere for manufactured goods... You can't compare commodity goods with manufactured goods - one is a necessity, while the other is a matter of choice...

US became the sole super power after the WW2 albeit the Soviets were somewhere in between... The economies of all the countries in Europe were in ruins, African was under colonisation, and Asia was semi-dead... The military might and expansive world wide policing started after petrodollar was signed and sealed in 1971... President Nixon axed the gold standard and replaced it with the petrodollar system... Hence, making the petrodollar system and the yanks' ability to manipulate the global reserve currency the base of American economical power... Petrodollar financed the 70s/80/90s boom in America - and all those 1200 and something military bases around the world..

Read about how petrodollar system works..

You just said US became super power after WWII, not after 1971. The use of dollar for oil trades from 71 has benefited the US greatly, no doubt, but moving away from it will not destroy America though It'll affect them surely.
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by Emyogalanya: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
They cant apologise o
Re: “please Forgive Us” – US Pleads With Muslim Nations by tyson55(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Op, the headline is misleading, there is nowhere i found on the article where Hilary was apologizing.

And why should they apologize? What have they done wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Posing Like This, What Do You Think This Nigeria Police Is Thinking Of? / Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights / The South South Are All Behind You Tonyebarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.