Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21556 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe:

@pastor kun, Did the early apostles write that smoking marijuana is a sin? Or that masturbatin is a sin or that sex with animals is a sin?

Neither did the NT state that gambling is wrong but should i then engage in gambling.

Lol, we christians are doing everthing we can to make the OT void.

Who told you that Pastor Kun sees anything wrong in the vices you listed up there? He licks alcohol like the scary cat below and sees nothing wrong with polygamy amongst his other vices. cool

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
Image123: it continues to amaze me how people would think that giving tithe makes a church/churches lost,

Preaching a lie brings a curse especially when you quote out of context scripture to instil dread in the sheeple of God and take their money.

It is actually extortion.

I have no sympathy for the tithe charlatans and their followers , they are no different from the thieves and money changers that our LORD chased out of the temple.

It get's worse when you start concocting cooked up stories about visions of people in hell because they do not pay their tithes.

or not going to church equates seeing the light. others are touching sinners' lives and bringing people to repentance, people are here making a ministry of accusing churches, and claiming to see some strange light. devil dey try sha

Are they really bringing people to repentance with their false gospel of 'accept Jesus into your life ' , is this the nonsense you call Gospel ?

Do you even know what the gospel is ? Let me give you a hint.

"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" - Mark 1:15

Where is the repentance in many of these so called churches that are packed full of fornicators, fraudsters, serial adulterers and all manner of hypocrites and Pharisees par excellence.

This is not the church that Jesus is coming for.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: Did the early apostles write that smoking marijuana is a sin? Or that masturbating is a sin or that sex with animals is a sin?

u are just showing ur limited bible knowledge.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Obviously you have no reasonble response to my answers becos you know what i have written is the truth. I know your predicament, you are finding it very difficult to believe that your highly revered Kumuyi and other MOGs you respect so much have been lying to you on this tithes issue. Fact remains tithing is not a christian doctrine but Jewish one which was twisted and modified by modern preachers and illegaly applied to the church.

I still await your comments or questions on Deut 14:22-29. When you have finished that you can also read Hebrews 7:5-19 with special emphasis on verses 11,12,18 &19. there you would find that tithing was officially brought to an end for the church cause the priesthood has changed. Tithing there was described as a weak useless and unprofitable law.

"God gave his laws to Israel, his regulation to Jacob; he has not done so to any other nation" Psalm 147:19,20

Tith is an EXCLUSIVE of the Jews.

Christians operate on the law of "love"

meaning, if you love God and man you will not/cannot do anything bad toward them.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by UmarSanda: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
frosbel:

I am not pointing the finger , I am simply writing a story on my experiences at deeper life and what I consider to be unscriptural based on these experiences.

wen u leav ur present church u can codemn it too abi? I kw u r a Jehova witness. I lik dem though

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe:

Let Me get your point again, are you saying paying tithe is wrong?

Tithing is not a gentile command,

Tithing is not for christians.

Christian giving is voluntary, from the heart and definitely not under "compulsion"

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
truthislight:

Tithing is not a gentile command,

Tithing is not for christians.

Christian giving is voluntary, from the heart and definitely not under "compulsion"

And who said it is compulsory? Read my previous posts, i made it clear that it not mandatory but there is nothing wrong in giving 10% of ur income to God.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
truthislight:

u are just showing ur limited bible knowledge.

Whatever! I know you have unlimited knowledge of the bible...Oops never
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by vicoson(m): 9:00am On Sep 22, 2012
I respect everyone's views in this forum. Butt I've also noticed bitterness in people's voice when one disagrees. But can we take a little step backward and view ourselves as children that are ignorant and our all knowing God fully acknowledging our ignorance? I feel it's pride for anyone to lay claims of the custodian of the absolute truth, be it GO or whatever. I must not believe just anything I'm taught in my church or does anyone disagree? I guess that is the reason for this forum. So I have my questions for all and I need sensible answers: 1) If a parent punnishes a child as a corrective measure,what purpose does eternal punnishment/torment serve? 2) Even if tithing were for christians, should a church collect missionary offering, pastor's welfare/appreciation offering, ofering for the needy as well? 3) Is tithe obligatory for christians and is any curse attached to it?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by plappville(f): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Image123:
Not willing to distract issues, but just to comment on this quotes. it has been severally explained even from the Bible that Jesus became lesser so as to die be our example and die for us. Eternally, He is not lesser, for 33years, yes, but eternally, No.

Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

[size=14pt]Jesus is our Lord and the Lord of the Sabbath, that's why we observe the Sabbath the way He observed it while on earth.[/size] He worshipped and worked on any day of the week, and this often made the religious leaders in His day very mad at Him. the principle and spirit in the sabbath is that of rest. Everyone and thing should be allowed to rest and worship. All days belong to God, and no day is exactly holier than the other, except to the individual.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Lastly, Jesus talked about tithe in
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
and
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Fortunately and honestly, He didn't condemn it or ever tell/forewarn people to beware of it. He didn't say it would make people to 'loose' their salvation, or any such lie that people who don't want to tithe give these last days.

DO YOU ATTEND CHURCH ON A SATURDAY? the day decleared by God as a day of rest? if u are to claim that you observe the sabbath as Jesus observed it. Because we can see that Jesus faithfully attended the synagogue on Sabbath.

Luke 4:16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."
Luke 4:31 "Then he went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath began to teach the people."

Do you teach people on Saturday or Sunday?

You said all days belongs to GOD, but yet God choosed the 7th day are the Holy day of his, A day of rest. How cann you now say all day is DESAME AND God sees all day as you see them?

As for the tithing issue, i have never gone against tithing, but what i am saying is that, why do we keep tithe and let go Gods SABBATH? is both not in the old testament? and why should tithe be by force, or even Monetery? every sunday Pastor will remind memebers of tithing, Given to God shouldn't be by force. Up to the extend of agitating an old widow with the tithe sermon on sundays. This is totally wrong. It hurts when the truth is pured out.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
@plap
DO YOU ATTEND CHURCH ON A SATURDAY? the day decleared by God as a day of rest? if u are to claim that you observe the sabbath as Jesus observed it. Because we can see that Jesus faithfully attended the synagogue on Sabbath.

Luke 4:16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."
Luke 4:31 "Then he went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath began to teach the people."

Do you teach people on Saturday or Sunday?
Yes i do, i attend church on saturday, sunday, monday, any day of the week. And that's how Jesus did it. Jesus was faithful to the meeting days of His time as you rightly noted, but He was never limited to them. he didn't have to wait for any day to do what needed to be done. We should each respect and be faithful to the meeting day or days of f our church(es). But remember.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
The day is not what makes us holy or acceptable to God.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
The early church was not limited to a particular day to worship God. Even though they respected the sabbath, the Lord's day, and other such days, they were not bound by it.

You said all days belongs to GOD, but yet God choosed the 7th day are the Holy day of his, A day of rest. How cann you now say all day is DESAME AND God sees all day as you see them?
All days belong to God, i'm not just saying it, it is the truth. Again, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

by the way, there are many sabbath days, not only saturday. Sabbath simply and basically means rest. Whether Monday, or Tuesday, or Saturday, or Plapvday, the day of rest is your Sabbath, and the Lord of Rest dwells in all believers.
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
Lev 25:4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.

Consider how in the second passage, the sabbath is not just limited to the seventh day. And also in the 1st passage, the feast's sabbath cannot always fall on a saturday every year, yet the feast was to be observed. For instance July 15(the fifteenth day of the seventh month) cannot always be a saturday. the point again is that the sabbath(rest) and all that accompanies it is not limited to a particular day.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by plappville(f): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2012
Image123: @plap

Yes i do, i attend church on saturday, sunday, monday, any day of the week .And that's how Jesus did it. Jesus was faithful to the meeting days of His time as you rightly noted, but He was never limited to them. he didn't have to wait for any day to do what needed to be done. We should each respect and be faithful to the meeting day or days of f our church(es). But remember.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
The early church was not limited to a particular day to worship God. Even though they respected the sabbath, the Lord's day, and other such days, they were not bound by it.

All days belong to God, i'm not just saying it, it is the truth. Again, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

by the way, there are many sabbath days, not only saturday. Sabbath simply and basically means rest. Whether Monday, or Tuesday, or Saturday, or Plapvday, the day of rest is your Sabbath, and the Lord of Rest dwells in all believers.
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
Lev 25:4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.

Consider how in the second passage, the sabbath is not just limited to the seventh day. And also in the 1st passage, the feast's sabbath cannot always fall on a saturday every year, yet the feast was to be observed. For instance July 15(the fifteenth day of the seventh month) cannot always be a saturday. the point again is that the sabbath(rest) and all that accompanies it is not limited to a particular day.

Yes i do, i attend church on saturday, sunday, monday, any day of the week .And that's how Jesus did it. Jesus was faithful to the meeting days of His time as you rightly noted, but He was never limited to them.

Good, but that doesnt mean you have to compare a "Day set aside" by God to every other days. I don't think we have limits in worshiping God; at thesame time this does not erase God's Holy sabbath. Because, its the only Day that seperate pagans from Believeres, you observe Sunday, Pagans does also, what difference does this make? Do you do work on sabbath day as well?

Does this verse cancelling the Sabbath or making it simple enjoyable for man?

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Remember Apostle Peter warning on Pauls letters.....

2nd Peters 3:15-16: "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" 16: "As also in all his epistles,[size=14pt]speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood,[/size] which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

The Apostle Paul wrote how to repent and follow Christ in the keeping of the commandments. However unlearned men and women gather Paul’s writings of salvation which are hard to be understood; and because they are unlearned and unstable about keeping God’s commandments they wrest (Struggle with their lusts, twist the understanding of the scriptures which lead themselves and others to destruction. As a result to this, many teach doctrines that are contrary to the scriptures and solely base their lies upon the letters of Paul.

Some of the doctrines taught today by the unlearned and unstable are as follows:

a: [size=14pt]the laws are done away with.[/size](they usually based on acts 15 and Gala 3:11)
b: disobedience to Dietary laws,(this is based on 1timo 4:4)
c: defiling the Sabbath and Holy days(this is usually based on Romans 14:5,6 and Galats 4:9-11 & Col.2:16)

Why isolating certain letters of Paul, and ignoring the fact that the Lord taught us how we should learn the Scriptures.

Isaiah 28:9-10: "9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts".

10 "For precept must be upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little:"

each scripture must clearly balance with the other scriptures so that one has the proper understanding in the bible. If Paul, Jesus and others kept God Holy Sabbath, then, they will expect us to do thesame.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Like most pentecostal churches, DL preaches monetary tithes from income twisted from malachi 3:10 which in itself is even irrelevant to christianity. Monetary tithes from income is NOT biblical and scriptures had to be twisted to justify it.

If there is any twisted in the teaching of the bible, it is done by people like you. it is in the bible" all scripture is given.........." Jesus never condemn tithe but condemn the pherisee for been bad not for paying tithe and if part of the scripture that is given is malachi 3:10 not preaching or practicing it makes you a bad christain. you are in the same class with the pharisee that was condemn for obeying part of the scripture
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mee234: [color=#006600][/color]
If there is any twisted in the teaching of the bible, it is done by people like you. it is in the bible" all scripture is given.........." Jesus never condemn tithe but condemn the pherisee for been bad not for paying tithe and if part of the scripture that is given is malachi 3:10 not preaching or practicing it makes you a bad christain. you are in the same class with the pharisee that was condemn for obeying part of the scripture

^^^
Arrogant expression of ignorance SMH. If the tithe being preached in churches today is not twisted, show me one single place in the bible were tithes is defined as money from income. I repeat; tithing preached in churches today is not biblical as they had to twist scriptures to arrive at it. Biblical tithes is 10% of crops produced in the promised land and NOT money. If your pastor as been preaching otherwise to you, he is obviously lying to you.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
plap, i'm answering you concerning your sabbath issues on your sabbath thread, thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1042585/how-observe-shabbath#1042585.22
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by DrGboy(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel: anyway , one false doctrine that baffles me but which is totally unscriptural in deeperlife is the concept of second chance at salvation.

The scenario is like this :

- The Christians are raptured at a secret coming of Jesus
- Then the great tribulation starts
- From this time on , there is no more salvation by grace
- to be saved you will either confess in Christ and be beheaded or reject him totally

This is just plain nonsense and not supported anywhere in the bible.
well read the book of revelations,read btw d lines and u'll see it 4 urself
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 31, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

well read the book of revelations,read btw d lines and u'll see it 4 urself

"It is appointed unto MEN to die once and after that judgement."

If the billions of dead had no second opportunity at repentance , to suggest that a select few in the future will be given this privilidge is quite simply not true.

It is always advisable to read scripture without the lenses of other men or women.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by jaymichael(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry
3. No wedding rings
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness
7. False rapture theories
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation
9. They control your dressing
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family
11. Individuality is compromised
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out
13. Trinity
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled.

You can add many more here.
guy where is the issue of wedding ring biblical?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel is a confirmed muslim and islamic fanatic so do not mind him.
his main aim is to bring down christian and christianity.
frosbel, why not speak about evil practices in islam and the evil things muslims do.
jesus told us that if u must remove sand from a persons eye you should first remove the big log in your eyes
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Tithe sowing and the placing of Christians under the curse of Malachi 3 .
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by fergusen: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2012
frosbel: Tithe sowing and the placing of Christians under the curse of Malachi 3 .
undecided
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by honeric01(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2012
Pastor Kun:

True, tithes is in the bible but there two questions I want to ask?

1. Is the type of tithing preached in DL the same as instructed in the bible or is it a twisted version of the biblical one?

2. Granted tithing was instructed to the Jews in the bible but was the instruction to tithe extended to christians as the bible makes it clear that christians are not bound by Jewish laws.

Pastor Kun:

Like most pentecostal churches, DL preaches monetary tithes from income twisted from malachi 3:10 which in itself is even irrelevant to christianity. Monetary tithes from income is NOT biblical and scriptures had to be twisted to justify it.

Pastor Kun:

You are absolutely correct, it was my biblical studies that was inspired when I discovered that tithing taught in the church today is a false doctrine that made me open my eyes to so many false teachings in the church today.

ijawkid:

Is there @ least just one verse from the New Testament that talks about tithing??

Did d 1st century christians tithe??

Pastor Kun:

And is that how the bible defines tithes Why do you have to refer to a man made dictionary definition when the bible clearly defines it in other terms. According to the bible biblical tithes is from the produce of the land of israel and their livestock. No mention of tithes from income in the bible. Monetary tithes from income was derived from twisting the word of God and we all know it is a very grievous sin to twist the word of God. You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to see how defines tithes and compare it to the twisted version DL and other lost churches preach.

Pastor Kun:

Seed of crops is different from money stop trying to twist scripture to justify a scam.

A lot of people even though gentiles who are not under the law are not required to tithe of their increase.

God does not collect any thing from anybody.

Wrong analogy there were israelites in those days that engaged in other professions like builders, carpenters, artisans, blacksmiths, soldiers e.t.c and earned income yet they were never required to tithe of their income.

Becos christians are not under the jewish laws that established tithing and the apostles whom Jesus commissioned to establish the early church NEVER taught it as applicable to christians. Infact tithing was not introduced to christianity until the year 587AD over five hundered years afer the christian faith was established and it was introduced by the catholic church to make money.

Tithing is NOT a part of the christian beliefs or teachings handed down to us by the apostles and as gentiles we have no business obeying obsolete Jewish laws.(albeit in a twisted formart)

Yes it would stop them as tithes was instructed to them to be given strictly from the land of Israel(the promised land) tithing was based on a covenant God had with the children of Israel at that time. It had to do with the produce of the promised land God had given them and nothing else. As i said ealier the chidren of Irael earned income from sevral other sources apart from land produce and they NEVER tithed from it.

On the contrary it is modern day tithing today that doesn't make sense as the bible had to be twisted to arrive at it.

Have you read Deut 14:22-29? if you haven't please do and tell me how you can reconcile how tithing is described there to the scam that is preached today as tithing.

Pastor Kun:

Obviously you have no reasonble response to my answers becos you know what i have written is the truth. I know your predicament, you are finding it very difficult to believe that your highly revered Kumuyi and other MOGs you respect so much have been lying to you on this tithes issue. Fact remains tithing is not a christian doctrine but Jewish one which was twisted and modified by modern preachers and illegaly applied to the church.

I still await your comments or questions on Deut 14:22-29. When you have finished that you can also read Hebrews 7:5-19 with special emphasis on verses 11,12,18 &19. there you would find that tithing was officially brought to an end for the church cause the priesthood has changed. Tithing there was described as a weak useless and unprofitable law.

Pastor Kun:

Whilst it is not wrong to give any percentage of your income you choose to the church, it is wrong to give it in fulfilment of the tithe commanded to the jewish people under the Jewsih law as to do so as a christian would mean cutting your self off the grace of christ. Galatians 3:10 & Galatians 5:1-4. So if you are giving a tithe or whatever you call it or decide make sure in your heart that you are giving out of your own choice and not becos you feel you are obligated to pay it as a christian. What is also extremely wrong if for preachers to teach tithes to the church based on malachi 3:10 which is based on the law and makes it mandatory for christians who are not under the law. What is also grieviously wrong is to change the word of God from food items as stated in the bible to money to justify monetary tithing. It is a very big sin to change/twist the word of God.

This is what i call extensive bible study, i love this and i think my view about Christianity is shaping up better.

I read all through Gal 3 and also 5 and while doing that asked THE HOLY SPIRIT for understanding.
From these verses, i also was made to know that circumcision is also not for Christians living under grace. (It's a law for those living under the law, if you're doing this, then you're not a christian and unconsciously practicing Judaism.
From these verses, i was also made to know if i pay tithe, then i must obey every other laws the Jews (Judaism) obey and breaking one is breaking all which means i live under the law and the death of Christ hasn't saved me and i am not covered by grace.

Please before you shut me up, everyone should ask for the holy spirit to guide them before reading these chapters.

God, teach me more of your ways. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2012
honeric01:
This is what i call extensive bible study, i love this and i think my view about Christianity is shaping up better.

I read all through Gal 3 and also 5 and while doing that asked THE HOLY SPIRIT for understanding.
From these verses, i also was made to know that circumcision is also not for Christians living under grace. (It's a law for those living under the law, if you're doing this, then you're not a christian and unconsciously practicing Judaism.
From these verses, i was also made to know if i pay tithe, then i must obey every other laws the Jews (Judaism) obey and breaking one is breaking all which means i live under the law and the death of Christ hasn't saved me and i am not covered by grace.

Please before you shut me up, everyone should ask for the holy spirit to guide them before reading these chapters.

God, teach me more of your ways. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad

Bros i hope you are not stalking me with all these multiple quotes you made from me grin any way no wahala i glad to be opportuned to share knowledge in truth with brethen. On the issue of male circumcision, christians today (and even non believers) circumcise their male children not based on Jewish laws but on hygienic bases. Several cultures all over the world including most african cultures practised male circumcision independent of biblical injunctions so it would be wrong to say today we are practising male circumcision in fufilment of Jewish laws.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2012
Pastor Kun: Bros i hope you are not stalking me with all these multiple quotes you made from me any way no wahala i glad to be opportuned to share knowledge in truth with brethen. On the issue of male circumcision, christians today (and even non believers) circumcise their male children not based on Jewish laws but on hygienic bases. Several cultures all over the world including most african cultures practised male circumcision independent of biblical injunctions so it would be wrong to say today we are practising male circumcision in fufilment of Jewish laws.

Far from it, not stalking you, all that was quoted weren't just your comments.

There are millions of uncircumcised men who are more healthy than their counterpart, i don't really think circumcision does any harm to you if you are not circumcised (btw i am), but the bible mentioned it and "circumcision" was/is a law given under Abraham's covenant with God and that passage spoke extensively about it being the works of the law which grace came to 'cover"
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2012
^^^

Cannot agree more
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
A reminder.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
frosbel: A reminder.

Lol. True. cheesy
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by wealthyprince(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
frosbel:

I am not pointing the finger , I am simply writing a story on my experiences at deeper life and what I consider to be unscriptural based on these experiences.

Are u a sincere and truely born again christian? If u know what being a christian is all about u wont come here and be talking about ur so called experience. I know u are not a deeper life member. Whatever u are becareful what u do, post or say everything is open before God. I wonder what u want to achieve through this thread. Dont fight with God...u have the bible read it, obey it and do what it says.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
@Wealthy prince, I agree with u. Frosbel always sound like a false prophet sent from the devil.

@Frosbel, Fear God and keep his commandments; funny enough, fear has never allowed u say your denomination.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by luluosas(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Pastor Kun: Olaadegbu would soon rear his ugly head here grin
And you called yourself a pastor! Pity.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by wealthyprince(m): 2:14am On Sep 14, 2013
frosbel:

I can only rejoice that God has delivered me and many others from that apostate harlot church correctly designated as mystery Babylon the great.

Peace !!

are u sure u are a Christian?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Anas09: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Reading your posts, I must say am ashamed of all here who call themselves christians, but r agent of satan who crip secretly into the fold, wolfs in sheep clothings. Frosbel, if all your time in deeper life, you spent some time to read ur Bible you would have found out that everyfin they do is imbided in the scriptures. Am not a deeper lifer, mind you, but I know. My dear, all you mentioned that they do, there r all biblical. I will liken you to a masterless snarling Dog. U call catholics daughters of a harlot , who is a harlot, Mary? Hmmmm I agree with the brother who called you a cultist. What actually were u doing in church? Repent when there is still time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did David Really Killed Lions And Bears? These Animals Arent In Israel! / Something You Should Fear More Than The Mark Of The Beast! / African Beads And Occult Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.