Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,611 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21535 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

When you genuinely choose accept christ and follow in his foot steps instead of Kumuyi's, you would know what the body of christ means.

Can you tell me how I can do this?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Can you tell me how I can do this?

Follow Jesus and not MAN.

It's that simple.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel:

Follow Jesus and not MAN.

It's that simple.

How do I follow Jesus and not MAN?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

How do I follow Jesus and not MAN?

I thought you had the Spirit , so you are not sure any longer ?

And you are misleading others !
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel:

I thought you had the Spirit , so you are not sure any longer ?

And you are misleading others !

Can you answer my kweshun and stop beating about the bush? How 'am I supposed to follow Jesus since you are the custodian of the truth?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Image123: which one is deeper life doctrine? i. sincerely doubt that deeper life leaders would agree to having some set of deeper life doctrines, even Kumuyi. Anyway can op list all the deeper life doctrines?
There is no non-denominational fellowship. The non-denomination is itself a denomination. All the word rambling is just a ploy to fool the gullible. Most denominations sef claim to be non-denominational or inter-denominational. the so called non-denominational denominations also have branches, its just that because they are a secret cult, they are not well known. But the fellow cult members usually know their locations and times of meeting.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
andromida: Do allow frosbel to seek the undiluted truth and if something is not right allow him to call it out. Frosbel himself does not know everything and makes mistakes he is human just like the people that came up with those doctrines but this does not mean he should not seek the truth and share his discoveries with the world.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall".1st Corinthians 10:12
My advice to all believers is this.

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Don't allow the likes of frosbel and whoever to beguile you with enticing words. Of all people to listen to, frosbel who does not want to go to Heaven. he sabi pass kumuyi or oyedepo, or gbile akanni, or adeboye, or oyaks, or olukoya, or poonen, or hagin, or zacharias, or Wigglesworth, or Khulman, or Mcpherson ni? Abi he sabi anything at all sef?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
All hail frosbel the only righteous man in nigeria
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Image123:
There is no non-denominational fellowship

Maybe there are none in Nigeria , however here in the UK such fellowships abound.

The non-denomination is itself a denomination.

In a non-denominational setting , there are no strings attached , you can accept or reject any teaching that you do not agree with.

There is no obligation to tithe , no constant Malachi 3 and the associated curse grin , no emphasis on the Trinity before you get saved and a lot of outreach , giving, community and mission work.

the word rambling is just a ploy to fool the gullible. Most denominations sef claim to be non-denominational or inter-denominational. the so called non-denominational denominations also have branches

My fellowship has no other branches

its just that because they are a secret cult, they are not well known. But the fellow cult members usually know their locations and times of meeting.

I never thought I will see the day when a cult will accept that Jesus Christ is the messiah come in the flesh and believe in being led by the Spirit grin

Anyway if it pings your pong, I have no problem with it !!!
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
chukwudi44: All hail frosbel the only righteous man in nigeria

All hail Frosbel who has broken off from the Satanic shackles of ROME !
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Image123:
My advice to all believers is this.

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

But this is exactly what your pastors are doing to you and sundry every SUN-Day , feeding you with truths , half truths and sometimes outright lies, all packaged together as the gospel.

Don't allow the likes of frosbel and whoever to beguile you with enticing words.

I do not and will never use enticing words , as you might have noticed , I am the least politically correct person on Nairaland, I am not here for followers or friends , I am here to fellowship with like minded believers and expose what I think according to scripture is false doctrine.

of all people to listen to, frosbel who does not want to go to Heaven.

You are so ignorant of the bible , that is why you keep hoping to go to heaven when God has promised us a restored paradise on this present earth.

he sabi pass kumuyi or oyedepo, or gbile akanni, or adeboye, or oyaks, or olukoya, or poonen, or hagin, or zacharias, or Wigglesworth, or Khulman, or Mcpherson ni? Abi he sabi anything at all sef?

They are mere MEN though you may revere them as gods.

I will honor them as the bible suggests , but all their words and actions MUST conform to scripture.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Image123: he sabi pass kumuyi or oyedepo, or gbile akanni, or adeboye, or oyaks, or olukoya, or poonen, or hagin, or zacharias, or Wigglesworth, or Khulman, or Mcpherson ni? Abi he sabi anything at all sef?

Again you confirm yourself to be a daft and ill informed idol worshipper going by the list of charlatans you put up here. Are these merchants supposed to be your standard or christ? Can you name one single one of them that is genuinely christ like Boy, you seriously need to retrace your steps and stop all this pastor worship.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Image123: he sabi pass kumuyi or oyedepo, or gbile akanni, or adeboye, or oyaks, or olukoya, or poonen, or hagin, or zacharias, or Wigglesworth, or Khulman, or Mcpherson ni? Abi he sabi anything at all sef?

Again you confirm yourself to be a daft and ill informed idol worshipper going by the list of charlatans you put up here. Are these merchants supposed to be your standard or christ? Can you name one single one of them that is genuinely christ like Boy, you seriously need to retrace your steps and stop all this pastor worship.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
I attended deeper life for some years. no matter your believe about them, it wont change anything, i respect their stand in holiness which is the most important thing (hebrew 12:14), if they still retain holiness as a watchword you should be proud of them, of course no one will want to say another church is better than his which is what you are also trying to prove also. I think in a time like this where iniquity abounds and you see a church still holding on to saving souls from sin, you should be happy,
I bet you when you find the flaws in other denomination including yours, you might wish you were in a church like deeper life, no church is perfect, at least to the eyes of people, tell Me the name of ur church, give Me 2 weeks and i will show you flaws your church practice and if you claim not to have a church, just tell Me what you believe in and i will show you some flaws.
I urge you to examine deeper life without bias and their preaching and you will find out they undergo the necessary things for making heaven, thats the most important thing my brother, thousands of churches have forgotten what holiness means and are leading so many pple astray. Why then are you spending your time pointing out flaws in a church where the truth of salvation is still preached?
I understand deeper life has some strict rules(like dont wear ear rings) but at least it is not violating any biblical doctrine, it is not leading people away from the truth of salvation, so whats your p with them.

And sorry but some of your claims about DL are wrong so check them. God bless u.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

"Pastor" hehe, you are indeed a pastor, if those pastors are not christ like, are you now the one that is christ like? You dear not say so cos from you words i know you are not.

What of those followers of apostle paul, peter and the rest, were they taking them as idols, did they say oh! They are just men like us S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ let us not here their preachings, if they said so, many of them will die in their sins..
Please leave kumuyi, adeboye and the rest alone, they are pastors because God has led them to be just like he led Paul and the rest, i know if apostlew paul was here also, he will be criticised still by people like you.

I beg you "pastor" kun, just mind important things.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
hehehehe, frosb is the least politically correct person on nl. I'm learning new things. didn't know you were also title seeking at heart, dey no give you title for deeper life ni?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Again, which one is deeper
life doctrine? i sincerely doubt
that deeper life leaders would
agree to having some set of
deeper life doctrines, even
Kumuyi. Anyway can op list all the
deeper life doctrines?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by plappville(f): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
@Op, Where is the perfect Church located? A church without trace of ancient Paganism tradition. Deeper Live could be closer to the perfect Church, if only few traditions will be droped.

My old woman will tithe her feeding money, after she will shout out, i need money before the end of the Month. (What do u do wit money ma?) u were given enough each month, (I must pay my tithe because Pastor said even if we are not working but we recieve montly allowances, we are to pay tithe still. A OLD WIDOW FOR THAT MATTER. Am not sure this is right.

NT: i dont mean tithe is not biblical oooo smiley
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
plappville: @Op, Where is the perfect Church located? A church without trace of ancient Paganism tradition. Deeper Live could be closer to the perfect Church, if only few traditions will be droped.

Deeper life is not the church, rccg is not the church , assemblies is not the church etc.

The church consists of the 'called out ones ' , which ARE those who have received a genuine experience of salvation by repentance from their past sins and been baptised with the Holy Spirit. They also go further by following the leading of the Holy Spirit unto perfection, they do not follow MEN.

They are scattered among various denominations, fellowships and private meetings , homes etc.

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia" - 1 Peter 1:1

This is the church that Jesus promised to appear to , when 2 or 3 of them are gathered together in his name.

I have been in deeperlife for a number of years , and while they lay emphasis on bible study and prayer , they seem to follow MAN in too many cases , some are generally afraid to challenge doctrine and believe in a number of teachings and practices which are unbiblical . examples tithing , trinity, rapture etc.

My wife stopped going to deeperlife afetr she despaired of being cursed every sunday from malachi 3:9 , which ends like this " You are under a curse— your whole nation—because you are robbing me"

We just were not convicted to pay any tithes and could no longer remain because of this constant issue of having to dwell under a curse .

I also tried to challenge some doctrines and was told that they were all bible teachings and 100% accurate. That's just plain arrogance in my opinion.

So deeper life is fine in some respects , but they need to stop worshipping MAN and follow Jesus, maybe then they will correct many of their false doctrrines.

My old woman will tithe her feeding money, after she will shout out, i need money before the end of the Month. (What do u do wit money ma?) u were given enough each month, (I must pay my tithe because Pastor said even if we are not working but we recieve montly allowances, we are to pay tithe still. A OLD WIDOW FOR THAT MATTER. Am not sure this is right.

NT: i dont mean tithe is not biblical oooo smiley

Sad , but those so called MOG are just charlatans , they do not have the interest of God's children at heart. Tithing has been done away with , anybody who preaches this doctrine of devils should repent urgently.

We need to start reading our bibles for ourselves , repent of our sins, ask God for wisdom and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, not a MAN of GOD.

"because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." - Romans 8:14
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by vislabraye(m): 12:20am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

sorry I cannot reveal the name or location !

Victoria Fellowship. There's nothing wrong with that.
But some of the points u mentioned are not exclusive to DLBC. Or do you have anything about the Church.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by vislabraye(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2012
Deeper Life is one of the few gatherings without any headline scandal. It has been established many years before these modern day churches which has more scandals than the trophies of Barcelon FC.
They have their setbacks no doubt about it.
Apart from Kumuyi they really don't have any other preacher.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Joagbaje(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel: anyway , one false doctrine that baffles me but which is totally unscriptural in deeperlife is the concept of second chance at salvation.

The scenario is like this :

- The Christians are raptured at a secret coming of Jesus
- Then the great tribulation starts
- From this time on , there is no more salvation by grace
- to be saved you will either confess in Christ and be beheaded or reject him totally

This is just plain nonsense and not supported anywhere in the bible.

This is not a Deeper life teaching. Its a bible truth

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2012
Kindly show me explicit verses in the bible that suggest :

1. A secret rapture

2. Second chance at salvation after this 'rapture'

3. That salvation will no more be by grace but death

Thanks
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel: Kindly show me explicit verses in the bible that suggest :

1. A secret rapture

2. Second chance at salvation after this 'rapture'

3. That salvation will no more be by grace but death

Thanks

We should begin to put your claims at being a "worker" in Deeper Life to question.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

We should begin to put your claims at being a "worker" in Deeper Life to question.

Just show me the verses in scripture that support the theories enumerated above.

thanks
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

This is not a Deeper life teaching. Its a bible truth
i asked the op and he dodged, I'm curious and would ask you too. Again, which one is deeper
deeper life doctrines?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Just show me the verses in scripture that support the theories enumerated above.

thanks

The onus probandi is on you, don't you think? cool
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2012
Image123:
i asked the op and he dodged, I'm curious and would ask you too. Again, which one is deeper
deeper life doctrines?

I just named 3 to our gentle Bro. Jo.

Now can you kindly help us here, state bible verses to support the doctrines above.

Thank You.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2012
"But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children".

Even CHRIST himself was accused by the people of his days. I guess if you were in CHRIST's days, you will still find some faults with him. I hope you will not soon find fault with Christianity and join or start another religion now that you are becoming wiser everyday?

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Bella3(f): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2012
Me that i was thinking of transfering to the deeper life church! OYA OGa frosbel tell me one i shud start attending.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2012
akaazua: "But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children".

Even CHRIST himself was accused by the people of his days. I guess if you were in CHRIST's days, you will still find some faults with him. I hope you will not soon find fault with Christianity and join or star another religion now that you are becoming wiser everyday?

Finding fault is akin to pointing out sin in the lives of others which I am not doing here. Actually your 'holier than thou' deeper life brother has called me a lost soul , accused me of departing from the faith , judged me as fit for hell, called me a JW simply because I reject the pagan doctrines of the trinity, eternal torment and this nonsense called rapture which is not found anywhere in the bible.

We have been asked to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.

Read your bible before you quote scripture out of context next time.

Many of you peoples phrases such as 'do not judge ' or 'touch not my anointed ' are designed to shut people up and prevent them from exposing fallacious doctrines.

Anyway , please answer my question above, your brothers seems to not have the answers.

thanks
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Finding fault is akin to pointing out sin in the lives of others which I am not doing here. Actually your 'holier than thou' deeper life brother has called me a lost soul , accused me of departing from the faith , judged me as fit for hell, called me a JW simply because I reject the pagan doctrines of the trinity, eternal torment and this nonsense called rapture which is not found anywhere in the bible.

We have been asked to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.

Read your bible before you quote scripture out of context next time.

Many of you peoples phrases such as 'do not judge ' or 'touch not my anointed ' are designed to shut people up and prevent them from exposing fallacious doctrines.

Anyway , please answer my question above, your brothers seems to not have the answers.

thanks

frosbel, Heed the Master's whistle!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.