Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons (28812 Views)

Anti Mohammed Cartoon Shootings In America / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan / Cartoon Of Prophet Mohammed: 10 Killed At French Magazine Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2012
A French magazine is publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in a move that is likely to inflame outrage among Muslims who have been protesting against an anti-Islamic film.

The latest edition of satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo will hit news stands against a background of protests over the US-made film that mocks Mohammed.

The magazine has not revealed what the cartoons will show but its editor said they would "shock those who will want to be shocked".

French newspaper Le Monde said the images show the prophet in "particularly explicit poses". Many Muslims are strictly against Mohammed being depicted visually in any way.

At least 30 people have died so far in demonstrations against the Innocence of Muslims film in more than 20 countries.

The last time Charlie Hebdo stoked controversy over Islamic issues its Paris offices were fire-bombed.

That attack last year was blamed on an edition "guest-edited" by the Prophet Mohammed that it called Sharia Hebdo.

Charlie Hebdo's latest move was greeted with immediate calls from political and religious leaders for the media to act responsibly and avoid inflaming the current situation.

Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault issued a statement expressing his "disapproval of all excesses".
The magazine's editor, originally a cartoonist who uses the name Charb, denied he was being deliberately provocative.

"The freedom of the press, is that a provocation?" he said. "I'm not asking strict Muslims to read Charlie Hebdo, just like I wouldn't go to a mosque to listen to speeches that go against everything I believe."

Dalil Boubakeur, senior cleric at Paris's biggest mosque, called on France's four million Muslims to remain calm.

"It is with astonishment, sadness and concern that I have learned that this publication is risking increasing the current outrage across the Muslim world," he said.

"I would appeal to them not to pour oil on the fire."

France's Muslim Council also appealed for calm.

Even before news of Charlie Hebdo's plans emerged, French Muslims were being urged to take to the streets in defiance of an official ban on demonstrations over the controversial film.

Messages on social networking sites called for protests to be held Saturday in Paris, Marseille and other major cities.

France's Muslim community, most of whom have family links to north Africa, is the largest in western Europe.

http://news.sky.com/story/986820/france-prophet-cartoons-spark-protest-fears
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2012
The way I see it, Islam has actually succeeded in getting the whole world intimidated through their unlimited and unquenchable campaign of terror.

It is a shame!

32 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by ektbear: 8:20am On Sep 19, 2012
interesting
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2012
Why are you christians looking for trouble na undecided

Is it by force to become a christian?

Why not serve your jesus and let others serve whtever they feel like serving!

You people just can't stand the fact that Islam is making progress every blessed day, abi?

You explore hatred, jealousy and even ready to do anything to portray Islam in a bad name but the God is always behind the true religion.

My advice to fellow muslims is to remain calm and let Allah protect us as he promise to.

Thnx!

66 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Ryabcool(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Interesting
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2012
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2012

3 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2012
lipsrsealed

Let's see what happens.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Afam4eva(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2012
Not again...let's see how many french embassies will be set on fire. Pls let our brother know that Igbos are not french oo. Take your fight to the right quarters.

13 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by cherish(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2012
May God have mercy
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by AjanleKoko: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2012
Looks like some people are having some fun with needling Moslems with provocative stuff.
The real irony is, the aggrieved Moslems will protest and burn stuff/people in their own countries . Not in the countries where the provocation originated from. At the end it looks like a zero-sum game.

12 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2012
afam4eva: Not again...let's see how many french embassies will be set on fire. Pls let our brother know that Igbos are not french oo. Take your fight to the right quarters.

Not Just Frech Embassies o!! Those Niggas are so crazy they would attack anybody caught eating French Toast (a.k.a Christians).. Joints that sell FRECH FRIES (Goodbye Mr. Biggs and other Fast foods).. And 'French Curves' would also be banned in all Almajiri Schools in the North.. Even sef, Muslims would stop French kissing their wives from now on..

55 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2012
Seriously, if I want to choose religion and I am asked to choose the one I think its the best, islam will never be in my least. Anybody that says islam is a true religion is has a problem. How can u call this a religion of peace? I'm I crazy?

6 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Roon9(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2012
Garri_Activist: Why are you christians looking for trouble na undecided

You people just can't stand the fact that Islam is making progress every blessed day, abi?

You explore hatred, jealousy and even ready to do anything to portray Islam in a bad name but the God is always behind the true religion.

My advice to fellow muslims is to remain calm and let Allah protect us as he promise to.

Thnx!
Monfo! Wen ur ppo şäƴ al sort ☀̤̣̈̇f trash abou christianity n our bible does any1 şäƴ notin or instigate violence? U̶̲̥̅̊ nno γ̲̣̣̥ we ddont? because our ĞőƋ fyts his battles. Oya am commandin U̶̲̥̅̊ n som oda suya man 2 run 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ french embassy n strt chantin war songs. Bugge!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Afam4eva(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Not Just Frech Embassies o!! Those Niggas are so crazy they would attack anybody caught eating French Toast (a.k.a Christians).. Joints that sell FRECH FRIES (Goodbye Mr. Biggs and other Fast foods).. And 'French Curves' would also be banned in all Almajiri Schools in the North..Even sef, Muslims would stop French kissing their wives from now on..
Abeg make i go hide all my french perfumes...

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by superior1: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2012

Thnx!

The article didn't indicate the Editor as a Christian and guess what, real Christians don't have time for all this provocation acts

23 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by cherish(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: Seriously, if I want to choose religion and I am asked to choose the one I think its the best, islam will never be in my least. Anybody that says islam is a true religion is has a problem. How can u call this a religion of peace? I'm I crazy?
fool

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2012
Wharefa mehn!
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by emenim(m): 10:06am On Sep 19, 2012
The question i always ask is-must they be violent in everything? can't there just be peace for once.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Souljaboi1: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: Seriously, if I want to choose religion and I am asked to choose the one I think its the best, islam will never be in my least. Anybody that says islam is a true religion is has a problem. How can u call this a religion of peace? I'm I crazy?

I guess we now know who has the problem. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by alexcc: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2012
May God have mercy.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Paulonminyi: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2012

Thnx!
getting popularity through violence as we no islam is nt a nowadays phinominon it can b traced back 2 antiquity down 2 holy Bible,d decendant of Ishmeal. Y gettin provoked by nowin d truth.

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Okijajuju1(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2012
superior1:

The article didn't indicate the Editor as a Christian and guess what, real Christians don't have time for all this provocation acts

REAL MUSLIMS!! Real Muslims are the one on the streets killing innocent folks, bombing buildings, killing Ambassadors, Burning Amarican flags, attacking Isreal, burning Churches and weilding AK-47s.. The Quoran demands these behavior for Muslims.. I suggest you grab one.. Biitch Muslims are the ones running around saying 'Islam is a religion of peace'..

15 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Psylas(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
I love muslims, i love islam, i love Allah, i love muhammad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Areaboy2(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
Roon9:
Monfo! Wen ur ppo şäƴ al sort ☀̤̣̈̇f trash abou christianity n our bible does any1 şäƴ notin or instigate violence? U̶̲̥̅̊ nno γ̲̣̣̥ we ddont? because our ĞőƋ fyts his battles. Oya am commandin U̶̲̥̅̊ n som oda suya man 2 run 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ french embassy n strt chantin war songs. Bugge!

y dont you type properly so everyone can read??

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Dee60: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
I suspect there will be more of those things. The Arabs are the ones to say to themselves that they will not be provoked. Innocent people are now being killed but those who make the provocations wine and dine after making more money selling their stuff.

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Not Just Frech Embassies o!! Those Niggas are so crazy they would attack anybody caught eating French Toast (a.k.a Christians).. Joints that sell FRECH FRIES (Goodbye Mr. Biggs and other Fast foods).. And 'French Curves' would also be banned in all Almajiri Schools in the North.. Even sef, Muslims would stop French kissing their wives from now on..
lol grin grin
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Iskra: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2012
@ Garri Activist.....hehehehe you really dey make me laff but i no surprise because your thinking matches very closely the prognosis of someone who has had tomuch garri water in his brain and I see how much it degrades your ability to think properly. So you really think Islam is making Progress, I wonder what Mohammed your prophet would be saying if he could see all these things going on and I wonder what the Sages from the early Moslem world would think if they could see what Islam has turned into. I am sure if you beheld retrogression with your eyes , you wont know what to call it. I wish you luck on your way to a redefinition of religious progress. Any religion that eats up its own and calls its strenght can only be likened to an unthinking animal and I mean any religion just in case your garri ladden brain doesnt take it in...Christianity, Islam, Judaism...I pray for the day when they will die and leave the earth a better and more reasonable place to live in...My prayer is for aeons and years however idealistic it might sound

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Built2last: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2012
The best way to display maturity sometimes in dicey situations like this is silence.Islam must learn to swallow such inciting movies, cartoons and write ups...the anti-Islamic groups all over the world now knows exactly what to do to get the muslim world boiling and the media busy.The big question is, for how long will muslims keep reacting?...if only they will embrace silence..they will get tired and the world will be peaceful.If muslims keep reacting to such, then we should expect more of such movies and cartoons.

17 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by moderatorr: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2012
this is preplanned and obviously targetted to soften islamic extremists a little. So that people dont react to movies by killing people!
Movies should be replied by movies, cartoons by cartoons.
And the world will be a funnier place.

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2012
cherish: fool
brainwashed mofo. Wicked moa4ker. U shall rot in ur hell with ur 72 virgins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire Ravages Burundi Prison. 38 Killed, 69 Seriously Hurt (disturbing Images) / Dollar Dumped? India Bought 1m Barrels Of Oil From UAE Using Rupees Instead Of $ / Riots Erupt In Dublin After Children Stabbed(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.