Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu (17163 Views)

Why Igbo Must Reject Goodluck Jonathan Now. / Delta Igbo Must Not Get PDP's Guber Ticket Else.......urhobo Tells Gej,uduaghan / Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Arsenate: Sorry! You are not united and that's all. It has nothing to do with u being democratic. Y'all are too greedy and don't really like each other. No one wants to step down for the other. That has always being the bane of the igbo.
Sorry! we don't play tribal politics in Igboland. let anyone who thinks he's qualified step up to the plate and prove himself. Stem down ko step up your game ni.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Goldmind1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Where has that thief (Orji) gone to?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by FSU: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
jadakiss213: Quit stalking me dude..fact remains no Ibo man will become president anytime soon.(2035 is the earliest.u can hang for all I care..

You are not worth my shoe lace let alone stalking you. You are the one who first responded to my post. Ordinarily, I do not respond to posts from half-baked urchins such as yourself.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by omotol(f): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
u kept on shouting Igbo President,as if d 1 ruling nw is from another tribe.it's better,u reason properly[quote
author=doublecross]i want to disagree with Kalu but i just cant. A lot
of abokis and mallams have been ruling and still no change. We need an
Igbo president this time. OSEKEMBE[/quote]
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by nkemKalu: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
ilugunboy:

Who are the WE?

People should learn to differentiate their personal opinion or preference to other people's view.

If your opinion represent that of the average core Northerner....I don't believe that is a popular view elsewhere.
IT MAY NOT BE A POPULAR VIEW JUST LIKE GOING TO HEAVEN IS NOT POPULAR AND CANNOT BE FOR EVERYBODY....BUT THE BITTER TRUTH IS THAT FEW AND VERY FEW MUST MAKE IT TO HEAVEN WHILE THE MAJORITY OF SINNERS WILL BE IN HELL FIRE. IT TAKES WISDOM TO BE A POLITICAL GURU
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by NovusHomo(m): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
MUST?!
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by FSU: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
Arsenate: Sorry! You are not united and that's all. It has nothing to do with u being democratic. Y'all are too greedy and don't really like each other. No one wants to step down for the other. That has always being the bane of the igbo.

In 2003, Olusegun Obasanjo, Sarah Jubril, Abayomi Ferreira, Gani Fawehinmi, Moji Obasanjo, Tunji Braitwaite (spelling?) and Olapade Agoro, all Yorubas, contested against each other.

In 2007, Yaradua, Buhari, Bafarawa, Habu Fari and Atiku, all Fulani, contested against each other.

Why should people step down for others? What is the purpose of an election if not to pick the best from the lot? Anyways, you Yoruba and Hausa are doomed with your feudalism, where one man sits down and decides who leads with no contest for any position. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by kenmusa: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
thelastPope: Who gave this animal kalu a microphone to comment? He is the last Igbo man that should be allowed to comment on anything! Nicompoo! scaliwag!

The guy setup Abia state for the nonsense it is today. The f00l whose mother was governor and him, deputy for 8 years? Tufiakwa! Anofia! Maybe he has gone to kuramo beach again to perform another somersault! Ewu!
MY good friend, words like the ones you have used are not supposed to come from you if you feel that you are better than Dr. Kalu. I am not from Abia State, but I know that Dr. Kalu is a very brave man. He was among the three ex governors that were able to challenge some of the excesses of ex President Obasanjo during his tenure. He is among the very few that are championing the fight for an Igbo presidency. Leave him alone. You cannot build your reputation by destroying another person's
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by bunmikay(f): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Or else wat, u ppl will start throwin bombs too, abeg jor. May God select d best candidate for us regardless of his tribe.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Cyberknight: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
As an Igbo man myself, I must say that having surveyed the (almost) empty field of potential Igbo candidates, I am at a loss as to what to think. Generally, a good way to assess a potential candidate's fitness for office is to look at track records in similar positions. So let us take a state governorship as a rough guide and assess the performance of the Igbo governors in the south-east and see if we can spy the makings of a presidential candidate in any of them. Abia doesn't even make the list, I'm afraid, its now currently the eyesore of the east. Imo is getting that way, I visit there frequently and have firsthand knowledge of the havoc being wrought there. So who can anyone come up with?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: One thing i like about Orji Uzor Kalu is the he's one of the few Igbo leader left that won't compromise. That's not to say that he's totally clean.

Nothing Good comes out of OUK and his mother, they ruin my state. he should go kiss the dust.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by ujchief(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
acidtalk: so Sorry.
It was for the dullard that said ibos shouldn't dream of it.

I am so sorry.
u're welcome. I thut as much.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
tintingz: Mr. Kalu words “In 2015 what will happen is that the Igbo will vote for the Igbo, Yoruba for Yoruba and Hausa vote for Hausa. Then, we will all come to Abuja to discuss and determine who should be Nigerian President.”
am sorry it's a loose game for the igbos if he thinks this's how igbo can have a seat in aso rock tongue
am not an hausa fella buh let check out the population of hausa compare to yoruba talk less of igbo? grin

Two thing u must do now, one, go learn English cos the word talkless is a bad English . Then two , go read ur history and geography cos vast land does not equate population, Abokis have been count cows as human being during census. they may be up to SW population not IGBOS.wise up bro.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by MrGlobe(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
HNosegbe:

It's a good thing you rightly called it "sentiment", because that's exactly what it is.

However, if we follow your line of thought the north should have been the most developed part of Nigeria, since they have been in power the longest. However we both know that is not the case. This theory that my kinsman must be in power for my region to develop is at the root of many of our problems. Let's face it: NO part of Nigeria has truly benefited from it. Not the north, not the west, neither will the east.

Until we stop this "he is my brother" sentiment and insist on voting for truly credible, patriotic, visionary and competent individuals AT ALL LEVELS, Nigeria ain't going nowhere.
what an embarassment you are, you probably eat ewedu too. Every other tribe has ruled and continued to rule Nigeria through that same 'he is my brother' except igbos and they have all fuked the country up. How many Federal projects are in igboland as compared to other places. No good roads/airport. The north has not developed because every mallam is marrying 20 wives and giving birth to a million kids they cannot take care of not because of lack of federal govt presence.
orji is very right. one nigeria is a fat illusion. The same people who tell u one nigeria are still the hypocrites that employ only their tribes people in their establishments or federal position. Nigeria is a mess and will continue to be so until laws and institutions are strenghtend, no magic about it, no credible individual too, so that Nigeria messiah you are waiting for is pipe dream. Igbos must produce a president not to necessarily better the nation but to keep the tradition of tribal presidency. its a right as there is no other workable option. stay there and keep dreaming of one nigeria let these corny folks keep using you
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by jadakiss213(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
FSU:

You are not worth my shoe lace let alone stalking you. You are the one who first responded to my post. Ordinarily, I do not respond to posts from half-baked urchins such as yourself.
Really....?don't be too hard on yourself man.have a nice day.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Rhapsody1(f): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
no dullin:

1. Rochas Okorocha: This man is a true patriot with a very good vision for Nigeria.even as an ordinary citizen he's good deeds has cut accross ethnic boundaries. I had always dreamt as a child that "one day he'll bcome my president.

2. Peter Obi: An easy goin individual and intellectual. A diplomat and sincere person.

3.As for the third credible individual... (I de come).
I am from Anambra by birth and as at today, I will not give my vote to Peter Obi. He is not credible enough to get my vote. My opinion, of course.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by MrGlobe(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Rhapsody!:

I am from Anambra by birth and as at today, I will not give my vote to Peter Obi. He is not credible enough to get my vote. My opinion, of course.
you are not alone bro. God will punish that theif
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by kumbalo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
SEEMESEEMEO: If trully nigeria is one,i think igbo's should be given a chance too
even if the candidate is not qualified? #primitiveThought.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by jadakiss213(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
kenmusa:
MY good friend, words like the ones you have used are not supposed to come from you if you feel that you are better than Dr. Kalu. I am not from Abia State, but I know that Dr. Kalu is a very brave man. He was among the three ex governors that were able to challenge some of the excesses of ex President Obasanjo during his tenure. He is among the very few that are championing the fight for an Igbo presidency. Leave him alone. You cannot build your reputation by destroying another person's
My brother,events of the next three years would clear your doubts.OUK can never be a rallying point for Ibos..He's only trying to bring himself outta obscurity..2014,uld see him singing a different tune.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Crayola1: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
I think all this Presidency talk would better spent working at a local level, Governors/LGAs so that when the time comes you have a record of improving the lives of people in your area then people will be hard pressed to not vote for you.

Also if you want to consolidate power,with AGPA for example, all states in the region (with credible leaders) need to be under the umbrella, and then from there expand the party's reach making it an inclusive party.

In order to get the guy you want you need a base. But I would hope the quality over quantity will always be priority otherwise it will be like exchanging one devil for another.

Despite the crowing of some folks here, I think a good Igbo candidate has just as much chance as anyone else but that person would need a record wink
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Rhapsody1(f): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Cyberknight: As an Igbo man myself, I must say that having surveyed the (almost) empty field of potential Igbo candidates, I am at a loss as to what to think. Generally, a good way to assess a potential candidate's fitness for office is to look at track records in similar positions. So let us take a state governorship as a rough guide and assess the performance of the Igbo governors in the south-east and see if we can spy the makings of a presidential candidate in any of them. Abia doesn't even make the list, I'm afraid, its now currently the eyesore of the east. Imo is getting that way, I visit there frequently and have firsthand knowledge of the havoc being wrought there. So who can anyone come up with?
My thoughts exactly. I am currently not getting good feelers from Rochas. So far, its Sullivan I can attest to who is doing a fair enough job, at least compared to other eastern states. Where are the credible candidates?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by muktarmtt(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
While i'll like to vote for anhyone irrespective of ethnicity, it's imperative to note that no previous government of Nigeria has taken Igbo land seriously. Tell me how many federal projects are located in Igbo land. This is one of the reasons why Igbos would want an Igbo man to assume that position so that he will tackle those problems that are facing Igbo land. That's also the same sentiment that made people from the south-south to clamor for a south-south president. They say the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
shut up mumu so tackle igbo problme not Nigerian problems u r insane,
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Rhapsody1(f): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are not alone bro. God will punish that theif
Actually, its 'Sis'.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Onlytruth(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
kumbalo:
even if the candidate is not qualified? #primitiveThought.

No, we are talking about QUALIFIED candidate.
Now find another excuse! wink
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na by force?

If Naija no want, Naija no want. Last time I checked, we dey use demoncrazy in Nigeria. People vote, People choose.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol grin...these people will device any means to downplay an Igbo presidency.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by FSU: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

As if they have qualified candidates than the SE
Why don't we have the names of qualified SW and N candidates?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by FSU: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Aderostock:

Role models: Fashola, fayemi, gbajabiamila etc, ok?

Can you name the achievements of Fayemi and Gbajamiala. What has been their contribution to Nigerian nation building, not talking about local politics and contributions.

Do you even know who Gbajamiala is? Please do some googling, the guy was convicted in the US and he ran back to Naija to become a Yoruba leader.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
FSU:

As if they have qualified candidates than the SE
Why don't we have the names of qualified SW and N candidates?
The Irony of it all is that despite the deplorable leadership that we've had in Nigeria, the few people who have shown us that things can go well in the federal level are mostly Igbos eg Dora Akunyili(Nafdac), Chukwuma Soludo(CBN), Oby Ezekwesilli, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala etc.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by muktarmtt(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
onthefence: What is the meaning of "Igbo Presidency"? After zoning was declared dead by these same Igbos?
Tell me abt it dude
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Onlytruth(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Honestly (without bias whatsoever) the only two candidates I see (for now) in SE are Dr Chris Ngige - the indomitable man of the people, and Rochas Okorocha.

For a national race Rochas Okorocha may have a certain advantage (money and national connections), and of being the more familiar with the Northern part of the country; but for the tenacity and resoluteness of the race, Ngige will be a better candidate. Ngige also has a ready cultlike following in Igboland, so he would easily build and attract home support.

We need someone who can collect at least 90% Igbo vote before seeking the vote of other Nigerians. This race is a classical case of "Charity begins at home". Nothing else would get us close to Aso rock. In fact we Ndigbo should use it as an opportunity to show our population in Nigeria. Umu Igbo should do a little conclave and yank Ngige out of that s.tupid ACN party if they can't give him the presidential ticket there.

The message is solid even if the messenger may not be.

Only a foolish Igbo man would think otherwise.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by nagoma(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
it's imperative to note that no previous government of Nigeria has taken Igbo land seriously. Tell me how many federal projects are located in Igbo land.

What about the new brewery at Onitsha?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Babangida May Pull-out Of Talks Over Asari Dokubo's Threats / Buhari To Inaugurate New Airport Terminal Dec. 20 / Wike Directs Accountant-general Not To Pay Judiciary Workers Full Salary In June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.