Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu (17130 Views)

Why Igbo Must Reject Goodluck Jonathan Now. / Delta Igbo Must Not Get PDP's Guber Ticket Else.......urhobo Tells Gej,uduaghan / Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2012
Former Abia State Governor, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu yesterday declared that the Igbo will not compromise for any other position other than the post of the President in 2015.

Fielding questions from newsmen shortly after he delivered a lecture on “Leadership: Key factor to a better Nigeria” at the Professor David Ijalaiye annual lecture series organized by the Equity Chambers of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile Ife, Dr. Kalu stated that the Igbo will not settle for any other position.

His words “In 2015 what will happen is that the Igbo will vote for the Igbo, Yoruba for Yoruba and Hausa vote for Hausa. Then, we will all come to Abuja to discuss and determine who should be Nigerian President.”

“Anybody who thinks that there is going to be a straight ballot thing to produce the President in 2015 is only fooling himself ,” he added.

The former presidential candidate of the Progressive Peoples Alliance said although he was currently not in any political party he will continue to fight against injustice and all that is in the interest of the good people of the country.

In his lecture, Dr Kalu recalled that since 1967 when the military came into governance in the country, Nigeria had not been able to produce any good leader, as according to him most of them are either not prepared for the office or reluctant to take over the leadership of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/2015-igbo-must-be-president-kalu/
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 21, 2012
HNosegbe: His words “In 2015 what will happen is that the Igbo will vote for the Igbo, Yoruba for Yoruba and Hausa vote for Hausa. Then, we will all come to Abuja to discuss and determine who should be Nigerian President.”

grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2012
One thing i like about Orji Uzor Kalu is the he's one of the few Igbo leader left that won't compromise. That's not to say that he's totally clean.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2012
Igbo my foot

Selfish greedy people always looking for personal interest elevating curruption at its best.

Mr. Orji can you list some of your achievement when you were Governor for good 8 years while getting fat allocation from FG?

Tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Igbo my foot

Selfish greedy people always looking for personal interest elevating curruption at its best.

Mr. Orji can you list some of your achievement when you were Governor for good 8 years while getting fat allocation from FG?

Tufiakwa
When it actually comes to elevating corruption in Nigeria, Igbos are actually the least. So, your comment will pass as uninformed and stup1d. Tribal Scum.

34 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2012
Kalu should go and sit down joor... I'm giving my vote to the most credible candidate, Igbo or not.

19 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2012
HNosegbe: Kalu should go and sit down joor... I'm giving my vote to the most credible candidate, Igbo or not.
THis is what i hear from most Igbos...i wish people from other tribes can thing like you. Unfortunately most Nigerians vote along tribal lines. That's why Igbos have been the biggest casualty in the political game.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
THis is what i hear from most Igbos...i wish people from other tribes can thing like you. Unfortunately most Nigerians vote along tribal lines. That's why Igbos have been the biggest casualty in the political game.

That is the mentality we must evolve from... "My brother and sister" politics. I will wait to see the manifestoes and track records of people who will contest the election before I decide who gets it. Kalu is wasting his breath.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by thelastPope(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2012
Who gave this animal kalu a microphone to comment? He is the last Igbo man that should be allowed to comment on anything! Nicompoo! scaliwag!

The guy setup Abia state for the nonsense it is today. The f00l whose mother was governor and him, deputy for 8 years? Tufiakwa! Anofia! Maybe he has gone to kuramo beach again to perform another somersault! Ewu!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2012
HNosegbe:

That is the mentality we must evolve from... "My brother and sister" politics. I will wait to see the manifestoes and track records of people who will contest the election before I decide who gets it. Kalu is wasting his breath.
While i'll like to vote for anhyone irrespective of ethnicity, it's imperative to note that no previous government of Nigeria has taken Igbo land seriously. Tell me how many federal projects are located in Igbo land. This is one of the reasons why Igbos would want an Igbo man to assume that position so that he will tackle those problems that are facing Igbo land. That's also the same sentiment that made people from the south-south to clamor for a south-south president. They say the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by acidtalk: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2012
Sure orji!!!
But that's only if the likes of YOU and your other kinsmen don't sell out your fellow Ibo brothers this time around.

Ibos main enemies are the fellow Ibo.
They so much hate seeing their brothers Progress.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by goofie: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:

i dont think its about the tribe but about who is more qualified and credible enough to rule this troubled nation.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2012
hmmmm. High level of irresponsibilty. although I am an igbo man, but i dont mind if an Hausa/yoruba man stay on seat forever, as far they do the right thing and make the mass happy.

Too bad a Governor is saying these.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by unekwubaby: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2012
it will be very easy for a head of a camel to pass through the eyes of a nedle(abere)than a real IGBO man (not delta igboooo)to become the president of nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2012
acidtalk: Sure orji!!!
But that's only the likes of YOU and your other kinsmen don't sell out your fellow Ibo brothers this time around.

Ibos main enemies are the fellow Ibo.
They so much hate seeing their brothers Progress.
Do you have any proof of this or you just like making unsubstantiated commnets. Tell me what makes you to see Igbos in that light.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by ba7man(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2012
you dont demand respect and expect leadership roles to be handed over to you. you have to earn it and till we start voting in credible leaders based on merit,we're just fooling around int his country. frankly, i dont care if a sudanese or indian rules us as long as he's credible.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2012
goofie:

i dont think its about the tribe but about who is more qualified and credible enough to rule this troubled nation.
Now tell me the qualified people that have been ruling this country since after the civil war. Mind you there's no region in this country that does not have qualified people.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2012
Does Orji Uzor Kalu have any igbo man in mind who is qualified to be the president? An igbo man will contest like every other nigerian come 2015.but if he is saying it is a "must" then he got it all wrong.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Jyde89: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2012
According to Dr Kalu, Ibo's will vote for Ibo, Yoruba will vote for Yoruba, Hausa's will vote for Hausa and Niger Deltan's will vote for Niger Delter, if this thinking isn't primitive; i wonder what is. At a time when we all are clamouring for one Nigeria, one man send's every tribe to their tent, with leader's like this, i wonder when the change will come for Nigeria. If this is his way of making an ibo man the president of Nigeria come 2015, then he had better start smuggling in people from all corner's of west Africa to bolster the population of the eastern region, cos the ibo's aint that large in number compared to the northern and western region.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Latnok95(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Permit me to call this man a retard.. WTF does e mean by ''Hausa wil vote hausa, Yoruba wil vote yoruba n igbo wil vote igbo''?.. Is this the change we want? Lyk srzly? *He should be ashamed for saying shii*

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by acidtalk: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you have any proof of this or you just like making unsubstantiated commnets. Tell me what makes you to see Igbos in that light.

You want me to tell you your own history again?

Okay I will enlighten you.

Who were the Arrow head for the impeachment of the following Senate presidents? Ewerem, Okadigbo, Ayim? Who were the people that gave Wabara hell in the senate?

See the bloody and disgraceful fight between Chris and Andy Uba

Who were the people behind the seizure of Savannah Bank from Nwobodo?

Relax, I will enlighten you more when I am a bit free.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2012
If trully nigeria is one,i think igbo's should be given a chance too
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by alaoeri: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2012
I thought ndigbo are backing GEJ for second term. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by emsquare(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Hmmm! In his dreams...
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by chuzyemx: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=OYINBOGOJU]Igbo my foot

Tufiakwa[/quote
Go hang urself,selfless biggot

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Clerverly: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2012
Is this my brother not supposed to be in kirikiri? What is he talking about

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by ujchief(m): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2012
unekwubaby: it will be very easy for a head of a camel to pass through the eyes of a nedle(abere)than a real IGBO man (not delta igboooo)to become the president of nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
theres no 'real igbo' or 'delta igbo', theres just 'igbo'. Peeps like u need to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
smh! I was about asking him the same question.does he have proof or he wants to comment for commenting sake?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by onthefence: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2012
What is the meaning of "Igbo Presidency"? After zoning was declared dead by these same Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by nku5: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2012
Bros don't be fooled by orji uzor kalu. In 2003 the man came out to make noise like he really gave a damn about igbo interestm at the end of the day he sold his followers to the cabal (he's their boy). Charity begins at home and at home orji uzor kalu is reviled and spat upon. Try and visit abia state and you will get a better picture

afam4eva: One thing i like about Orji Uzor Kalu is the he's one of the few Igbo leader left that won't compromise. That's not to say that he's totally clean.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by franksomitex: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2012
Who will be the front man? May be Peter OBI.

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu by goofie: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Now tell me the qualified people that have been ruling this country since after the civil war. Mind you there's no region in this country that does not have qualified people.

dont get me wrong.true!d pple tht have bn ruling cant be said to have met expectation. what i mean is that i wont go and vote a man because of his tribe. if my townsman contests and i dont bliv he cn deliver, i wont vote him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judges Meet Buhari / Ene Ofugara Writes To Festus Keyamo For Not Supporting Ese Oruru / State Congresses: Tension In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.