Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan (1959 Views)

Mission Impossible- Nigeria Can Not Divide In 2015 / President Jonathan: Nigeria Will Not Divide Under My Administration / Nigeria Will Not Divide - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by Dede1(m): 2:16am On Sep 24, 2012
Callotti: ^^^
I think you missed the 'koko' of the 'mata'.
Some parts of Nigeria do not care. . .for one reason.
It doesn't change a thing!
Get with the program. . . .would you? wink
Only the Igbos. . . .make it a big deal.
The Yorubas. . .as usual are brokers. . .sitting and watching. . .orchestrating behind the scenes.
The Northerners. . . HA!

Now you see why some do not care.

It is a waste of time. . .ask Jonathan Goodluck. grin

I think you are quite naive to think YOU would sleep well at night if Nigeria indeed breaks up.You must be born after 1970. . . .If you were born during the civil war. . . you would never dream of mentioning the words 'break-up' not to write them. Many apologies.

You are comparing the Soviet Union now Russia to Nigeria? You must be very young. . . very young. Or your memories are failing you. . . before your time. cheesy

I think your stream of though is muddled in hell if you think 1967 Nigeria is the same thing as 2012 Nigeria. Yes, if the USSR and Yugoslavia can disintegrate, Nigeria can definitely disintegrate too.

It is only a moronic punk in the class of character with you and Gowon will dim it plausible to precipitate war of attrition on group of people who really wanted to disassociate with the cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by Lasinoh: 12:24am On Sep 25, 2012
And why is "Puguru" banning my posts?
You for let me deal with this 'Biafran Bastard' aka GERIATRIC, SE-XUALLY-FRUSTRATED, PSYCHO BACHELOR aka Dede1 now. grin
Haba!

I will prove to you that there are stil REAL women WITH LIVING HUSBANDS on NL. grin
WE ARE NOT ENDANGERED SPECIES ON NL. . .atol atol
Mu she she she she she she she

Mr. Chappy-C-OSISI!
Mu che che che che che che
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by Lasinoh: 12:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Dede1 . . .Nigeria should NOT disintegrate o!
We have to keep a close watch on guys LIKE YOU who sleep with sheep and goats in Ebonyi State. . . .even with 2 wives and children at home. tongue

So . . . . at least we can understand why Nigerian women have stared giving birth to babies that look like 'horses' and 'goat-legs withour necks'!

Kweeeeeeeeeeeeeeenu!!!! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by Callotti: 3:43am On Sep 25, 2012
Double post!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by Callotti: 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
Dede1:

If your shenanigans are not born out of idiocy, I wonder what really spurs your buffoonery. I have concluded it is clearly due to inadequate education. Whenever you have time to encounter the history of Nigeria, it is written in capital letters that an Igbo man was once a president and head of state of the cesspit called Nigeria.

As succinctly stated by previous poster, there are certain Nigerians who want to opt out of Nigeria whether there is oil or no oil in their domain or presidency or no presidency is zoned to their region.

Then opt out. . .and good riddance!
You phocking dum-dum. . .people who wanno opt out do blow hollow trumpets on the cyber airways.
Now take your 'kwashiokor-emaciated/leprous' fingers off my posts! kiss
I am having a fantastic day. . .
Not even your UGLY, BROKE AZZZE CAN SPOIL IT!
Sooo. . . GET LAID. . .OR GET LOST! kiss
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by BlackNation: 8:57am On Dec 30, 2012
I have read many books on Nigeria's history up to this point. As Nigerian's we must learn the very existence of our nation. We must educate ourselves of how Nigeria came about, the Political History of Nigeria, the Military History of Nigeria, the genocidal Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, the sociopolitical structure of Nigeria, the socio-ethnic divisions within our nation, the Niger-Delta situation in the 90s, the religious history and conflicts of our nation. People of Nigeria need to read up about our history. Look for the book by Ademoyega "Why We Struck" and Madeibo "The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War" and Obasanjo "My Command." I encourage all of us to expose our minds to the very structure of Nigeria and to understand the mistakes that were made and the triumphs that were achieved. Based on all my research and much more research to do I hate to admit it but Nigeria is going to disintegrate like Yugoslavia. Its a matter of time and when. The sociopolitical structures of this nation is weighing down on Nigeria just as it did in Liberia in ways that we cannot even begin to imagine. If our leaders do not revolutionize Nigeria to the vision of the citizen, Nigeria is going to collapse into anarchy in such a way that will make Somalia look like Child's play.

Read the following from http://thedreamnigeria..ca/

Should Nigeria’s political elites and other stakeholders fail to harness the potential for nation-building and cohesive economic growth 'a Yugoslavia-type of violent disintegration is much more probable with Nigeria splintering up to a dozen parts. It will be no easy split for dreamers of fragmented nations out of Nigeria as we know it now. In recent times, two major violent centrifugal forces have emerged to seriously threaten the continued existence of Nigeria as one nation, namely Islamic supremacists in the North and Ijaw insurrectionists in the Niger Delta. As will be shown in this write-up both of these regions – core North and Niger Delta - will also suffer the worst if Nigeria unravels.

Niger Delta

The so-called Niger Delta militancy is largely an Ijaw affair as there are very few if any Ikwerres, Ogonis, Itsekiris or other non-Ijaw Niger Deltans in MEND, NDPVF, Egbesu and other such insurrectionists. In other words, non-Ijaw Niger Deltans are for the most part not interested in the Niger Delta republic Ijaw separatists are fighting for, as the non-Ijaws are also wary of Ijaw aggression and hegemony. In the unlikely event Nigeria disintegrates, all hell will break loose in the Niger Delta as the non-Ijaws will take up arms to challenge Ijaw hegemony. Rival ethnic militias will tear at each other and the region will become embroiled in a protracted civil war. This is not at all farfetched scare-mongering; just a few years ago Itsekiris, Ijaws and Urhobos were killing each other in Warri because of ordinary local government headquarter.One doesn’t need to be a soothsayer to predict the massive conflagration that would ensue if the various Niger Delta ethnicities no longer have we parasitic Northerners as their common enemy and oil wells (not local government HQs) are at stake.Already Ijaws have had scuffles and territorial disputes with several of the non-Ijaw Niger Delta ethnic groups among whom Ijaws settle; from Ilajes in Ondo state to Ibibios in Akwa Ibom state where they are supposed to be a negligible minority. Several years ago, Ijaws even went as far as Lagos to battle OPC. So the recent Atlas cove attack was by no means the first Ijaw aggression in Lagos.A minority group (Ijaw) having the temerity to challenge a majority group (Yoruba) on the majority’s own turf. One cannot help but shudder at the tragedy that awaits non-Ijaw Niger Deltans if Nigeria implodes. Then there is the Biafra / Igbo factor. The oil-rich riverine Igbos (Obigbo, Etche, Ikwerre etc) who produce much of Rivers state’s on-shore crude, are unlikely to join the prospective Ijaw dominated Niger Delta republic. They will most likely join the inland and Anioma Igbos to form Biafra.If they don’t join voluntarily, Biafrans will still endeavour to exercise sovereignty over them not just because they are ethno-linguistically Igbos - despite some of their politically convenient denials – but more importantly because the riverine Igbos provide vital access to the sea which Biafra will desperately need. Quite probably the Biafrans will battle the Ijaw dominated Niger Delta republic for control of River’s oil wells and unfettered access to the Atlantic ocean. Yorubas will also be drawn into the Niger Delta fray to secure their Ilaje and possibly Itsekiri cousins from Ijaw hegemony. Following the recent Atlas cove attack, several Yoruba groups (OPC, YCE etc) have already read the riot act to Ijaw insurgents to desist from aggression in Yoruba-land. So one can be sure, Yorubas will not leave Ilajes to the mercy of Ijaw expansionism.

Arewa

Up there in the North, Islamists who are barely restrained by the need to continue to enjoy oil wealth from the non-Muslim South, will feel free to pursue their Jihadist agenda for totalitarian Islamization. With the collapse of the failed Nigerian state and its security agencies (Police, Army), extremist groups like the recently demolished Boko Haram will proliferate, as post-Nigeria Arewa degenerates into an Islamist anarchy.Again this isn’t farfetched scare-mongering. Just over a year ago our gallant soldiers crushed another Boko-Haram type Islamist insurgency in the Panshekara / Challawa area of Kano. A few months ago, there were news and police reports of an Islamic terrorist training camp somewhere around Zaria. Millions of northern Muslims already share Boko Haram’s abhorrence for Western education, which is why they only send their children to Quranic schools (Tsangiya) that breed hundreds of thousands of potential Islamist recruits. Notice how support for Boko Haram initially snowballed among some disgruntled malcontents, before the recent massive security crackdown.Moderate Northern Muslims will attempt to battle such extremism, but they will fail. For one thing most of the educated moderate Muslims do not have the same stomach for violence as the martyrdom-seeking Islamists who look forward to screwing 72 virgins in Al-Jannah – Islamic heaven. For another thing, the excruciating economic hardship and accompanying social discontent in post-Nigeria Arewa occasioned by sudden cessation of oil revenues from the South and skyrocketing cost of petroleum products from the same hostile South, will push millions of ill-educated, Islamo-brainwashed, easily manipulated pauperized Talakawa into the hands of Islamic extremists…a la Karl Marx’s opium for the suffering masses.After all Sharia is the cure-all social panacea even for massive retrenchment and markedly increased taxes that will inevitably follow as post-Nigeria northern government(s) drastically prunes expenditure and endeavour to make up for lost oil revenue. The increased support for extremists by the impoverished masses will bolster Islamist militancy. By denouncing secular education as abomination (haram), Boko Haram tacitly condemned educated northern elites as apostates (Takfir), who according to Islamic law should be killed. Thus in the Islamist anarchy of Nigeria, nemesis will catch up with many of the so-called Northern leaders who failed to enforce compulsory secular education that could have emancipated and empowered our people against Boko Haram extremism. As in other Islamist anarchies (Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq), foreign Jihadists will also be drawn into the fray. And I’m not referring to the usual rag-tag amateur mercenary Jihadis from Chad and Niger; but Al-Qaeda type, Pakistani trained professional Mujahideen. After all Bin Laden has severally mentioned Nigeria as ripe for Islamic revolution. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) has already spilled over from Algeria into neigbouring Mali from where they could easily crossover to a fractured Arewa. Since Al-Qaeda is a global Islamist syndicate for Caliphal world domination, their activities won’t be restricted to the North. They will most likely foray into the parts of the South with large Muslim populations – notably northern Edo and Yoruba-land.In addition, the major Islamist powers - Saudi Arabia and Iran - will both try to gain a foothold in Black Africa’s largest Muslim population by supporting rival Islamist factions.Christians in the core North states with large population of indigenous non-Muslims (e.g Borno, Gombe & Bauchi) will organize their own militias to fend off Islamists. Add to this combustible mix of Islamist militancy and Christian militias, violent eruption of long simmering animosities between Hausa-Fulanis and Middle belt minorities; the result would be a catastrophe of Armageddon proportions that will make Somalia look like child’s play.If the incessant religious violence in the North within the last two decades is anything to go by, we can also expect another 1966-type bloodbath of Easterners. But this time not only Igbos and Eastern minorities will be ethnically cleansed, but all southerners and even Middle belters in the core North. This will certainly be followed by massive retaliations down South. These are just some of the ugly scenarios that await us if we are unable to make Nigeria work. The prospects are quite dire as a peaceful Soviet Union-type break-up is unlikely. On the contrary a Yugoslavia-type of violent disintegration is much more probable with Nigeria splintering up to a dozen parts. Old and subliminal ethno-religious animosities will violently erupt as our disparate ethnic pseudo-nationalities battle each other in a fratricidal scramble for territory and resources.let's unite for betterment of all of us, there is strength in diversity and numbers..............
Re: Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan by BlackNation: 9:05am On Dec 30, 2012
READ PEOPLE READ

Towards the disintegration of Nigeria

| Print | E-mail
Written by Oladele Osunbote
Thursday, 11 October 2012
NIGERIA is a fragile country and what it needs for it to disintegrate is a little jolt. The jolts have been coming steadily and not just one little jolt. The country has been searching for the dynamics for true nation state and the search has so far lasted for 52 years. The search shall continue.

Whenever there is a volcanic eruption all the structure at the epicenter shall be uprooted while some will go with the lava flow. Such explosion always produces great vibration that will cause houses which are miles from the epicenter to collapse or have wide cracks in the walls. Every tribe in Nigeria can count her loss and perhaps some little gains if she intends to be sincere.

The North of Nigeria which has ruled for two third of the years since independence also has her loss though she has never said she would prefer Arewa Republic. To a rational mind, the North has no reason to complain because it has the instrument of political power in her hand for most of the years but has done nothing about the issue of the almanjiri. We know that the North cannot do anything to better the lots of their youths because they would continuously be used as political weapons.

If a pragmatic leader wants to rationalise a new birth rate by limiting the number of wives and children which a family should have, it is the north that will revolt by killing Southerners in the North because it would see the policy as anti-north. It was only Alhaji Aminu Kano whose agitational dynamics and approach was always peaceful. Every northern riot translate to mass murder. The pro-democracy society in the southern Nigeria don’t kill. It is always a point of great irritation and anger why the North will always kill people on religious, ethnic and political grounds. Many times and all the time, the irritated Yoruba people would suggest the closing of Jebba bridge on the river Niger where cows would be purchased from the Fulanis and any of them wishing to enter Oduduwa Republic would be given visas. That may be the ultimate solution if Nigeria is carelessly allowed to disintegrate. The regular killings of the Southerners in the North must stop. One day, the corrupt and immoral politician who is presently in power today may be overtaken by events.

There are two things which must be addressed to prevent the disintegration of Nigeria: All forms of killings are wickedness and must be stopped without delay. Secondly, the bad socio-economic system must be changed by all means today. Time is running out! The Igbo people will talk about their sufferings from the time of the civil war to date. They may not remember to state the actual position of the tribe from 1954 to 1966 because that was the time the Igbo was in power in Lagos and at Enugu. The then regionalism would not give too much room for any real critic to criticise the Federal Government because the regions were then almost more powerful than the center.

Before 1966, the Igbo were in top positions everywhere in Lagos: Ports, Police, Railway, ECN, P& T, PWD, Air Force, Army, Navy, Airways, and Federal ministries, among others. Today, the Igbo are having it so good under President Goodluck Jonathan. They have captured all the strategic positions in the Federal Government, almost returning the tribe to the position it was during 1954 to 29th July, 1966. I congratulate them for their political triumph in the hope that they would remember to make a difference in Nigeria or anywhere in the world.

It is not being in a top position that matters, but what exactly has an occupier of political office done to make’ the real difference’. Is he using special dynamics to bring smiles to the faces ofthe poor and those crying for the past 52 years? The only news which always interest me is any time when a Nigerian in political office does something strange and prodigious. I do not think that some of the Igbo in strategic political positions, including Pius Anyim wills till prefer to be in Biafra now that it is very cool. But again, political positions are ephemeral in nature because we are operating in a dynamic world.

Change is the word which is written in our skies like the air which we breathe and the electricity in space. At the appropriate time, it will come either by human or natural action. Under regionalism, the Yoruba had it so good, more so because they were then being led by the great visionary leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Cocoa was the main and major agricultural product unlike the present crude oil. When Nigeria was the greatest producer of cocoa, was when the highly skilled, functional, pragmatic statesman and leader was the premier of Western Nigeria. Cocoa has a laborious process to thrive. It is produced by active and scientifically regimented farmers. The Obafemi Awolowo government spent cocoa pounds to build the then Liberty Stadium, now Obafemi Awolowo Stadium. It built the Cocoa House, Premier Hotel, and the Western Nigeria Television Ibadan, which is today being referred to as “the first in Africa.”

Greater than all the above, cocoa pound of those days was consciously and frugally spent to give free education to the Yoruba. Many people from all over Nigeria gained their early experience in television broadcasting from Ibadan in the then Western Nigeria Television. Many Westerners would have very little to do with the then Lagos Federal Government because the social and economic impact of regionalism was overbearing indeed. Today, the reverse is the case.

Recently, I received some foreign business friends and I took them round Ibadan and later for lunch. They asked me the question which frustrated me and spoilt my lunch. They asked: “you took us to Liberty Stadium, Cocoa House, NTA, and Premier Hotel, all those places were built with cocoa money. Where exactly in the city of Ibadan we can see great social structure that was built with crude oil money, since the exploitation of crude oil from 1958 to 2008?

I searched in vain for any reasonable structure which I can show them because there is none. Presently, it is not well with Nigeria and if one is a chronic optimist, one still sees the situation as gloomy. Despite this, I still say that Nigeria should not be allowed to disintegrate. Though, the US prediction is not likely to come true, it is very necessary for the great political moralists to rise up and tower beyond the present political vagary and lunacy and take new and righteous political actions now or never. After over two decades of civil war in Sudan, the Southern Sudan became independent on 9th July, 2011. Nigeria had 30 months of civil war from July, 1967 to 15th January, 1970. Some analysts may say that the Biafran flag was raised in July, 1967 and was lowered on 15th January, 1970 but now that the Igbo are occupying the most strategic political positions in the country today, they may seize the golden opportunity to raise the flag again. I would not think so because the population of the Igbo in Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land is so much indeed. The Nigerian political and economic situation today is more complex than one time ago when a colonel declared the sovereign state of Biafra.

Osunbote, Author of Ideology for Revolution wrote in from Ibadan.

If you want to discuss more about this topic of Nigeria disintegrating you can email me at johnamadiz@yahoo.ca

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bizzare!!! ISIS Behead Christain Children (graphic Photos) / PDP: Jobless Youths Mobilized To The Stadium At The Cost Of N1,000 Per Youth / Community Awareness And Development Network (CAWAN) - Join Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.