Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2493945 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:58am On Mar 07, 2015
Your case is very pathetic. It is no typo but it shows you are an illiterate. lol You really need to go back to school. I pity your useless parents who spent their hard earned money to send you to secondary school called IMT. Abeg face muktalcheesy cheesy

Nedu09:

wow!! so keke rider's can even dictate typographical errors or omissions mehn!!! Chino swear
with your miserable life who thought you that?? hahahahahahahahah!!!!!! I guess your phone predicting dictionary...; D gringrincheesycheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 2:04am On Mar 07, 2015
Nedu09 how market. You have suffered so much beating from muktal. Let the show continue grin grin grin grin

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:25am On Mar 07, 2015
Abagworo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfru5FUb6fQ
this is the reason we must give this state, the capital of southeastern..
Menh i love that structured of the circle road..
Thump up cheesy cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2015
Stop talking nonsense. Anambra has over 5 stadia apart from the FIFA international stadium that is ongoing. What Peter Obi achieved cannot be achieved by the clown called Okorosha even if the Imolites give him a life time to rule the state.

Just look at the debt he has incurred just within a space of 3yrs- over 200billion incurred by this b@stard of a governor. In all of this we are yet to see any meaningful thing achieved on the ground except the useless round-abouts. There is no road in Imo state, the contractors are being owed and I asked myself what is actually going on. Which project did these people execute? Workers are being owed over 13months salary.

I beg you show us what okorosha did with the 200billion he borrowed.

Abagworo:

The jab is at Peter Obi who has ruled Anambra longest since 1991. Both are State owned. The old Orlu Stadium in Imo was banned by NFF and a new one is under construction. The truth is that a lot remains undone after Peter Obi's 8 years.

As for Owerri there are 2 Stadia. The Owerri township Stadium and Dan Anyiam Stadium. Dan Anyiam is CAF approved. All are State owned.

The pitch at Nanka being constructed by a philantropist is amazing. Also add Rojenny. Thats one of the good things about the good Anambrians. They do not wait for Government to do everything. Igbos generally have that trait.

Abagworo:
Imo

You have more work to do here than looking elsewhere..

Some local contractors in Imo State have appealed to the Imo State Government to pay up the debt owed to them after executing some contracts for the state government ranging from road construction, building to supply of materials.

Addressing journalist during a peaceful protest within Owerri, the Imo State capital, the aggrieved contractors who organized themselves under the umbrella of Unpaid Imo Contractors said the money which is accrued to about N20 billion since 2011 has brought untold hardship on members of the association, adding that some members have also lost their lives in a bid to pay up their bank debts.

They appealed to the state government to as a matter of urgency pay up these debts so as to allow them clear most of their bank debts and also attend to the needs of their immediate families having executed their different projects.

Meanwhile, all efforts to speak to the Accountant General of Imo State, Stella Udogu and the Commissioner for Finance, Ikechukwu Njoku, whom the contractors accused of non-performance and deceit, proved abortive as all the attempt to get their own side of the story was turned down.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/09/imo-local-contractors-protest-non-payment-of-contract-sum/

Here..

Is either Okorosha is lying or the contractors are. Where are the so called projects they executed?

Local contractors in Imo State under the umbrella of Unpaid Imo Contractors have taken a new dimension in their protest by conducting special prayer sessions on major streets within Owerri the State capital, in a bid to press down their demands from the State government.

They complained that most of their members had suffered untold hardship over the years due to unpaid contract sum of projects executed for the State government.

However, in a quick response, the Imo State Government had maintained that the claims by the group was malicious and politically motivated because the State government was not owing any contractor and if they their claims were true, they should come up with documents to prove their claims.

This is the second time in 3 weeks that this group of local contractors in the state would be taking to the streets of Owerri in a peaceful protest calling on the State government to pay them for jobs executed in the State.

This time around the protest took another dimension as the group gathered on major streets in Owerri to hold a special prayer session.

While speaking to Channels Television, members of the group however, expressed regret over what they described as neglect and marginalization by the government on the part of contractors in the State who had executed various jobs but have not been paid by the State government.

However, the state government described these claims as malicious and a smear campaign against the Okorocha led administration who has done well in developing the State.

The state government called the group for a meeting at the Heroes Square in presence of the Local Government Officers in charge of projects, Commissioner of Police and other security operatives in a bid to find solution to the lingering issue.

While addressing the gathering, the Chief of Staff to the Imo State governor, Sir Jude Ejiogu, who represented the Governor, said the contractors should submit their documents for verification but Mr Udogadi Ononiwu, the chairman of the Unpaid Imo Contractors declined.

The meeting however, turned into a rowdy session as arguments lingered. It took the intervention of representatives from the Commissioner of Police to calm the situation down.

Both parties finally agreed to reschedule in 4 days time after the contract documents have been verified by the State government.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/27/unpaid-imo-contractors-hold-special-prayer-session-major-streets/

Here is another horrible situation..

Workers in Imo State have not been paid for 13 months.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2015/02/25/ibc-staff-claim-they-have-not-been-paid-for-the-past-13months/

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2015
oneeast:

Is either Okorosha is lying or the contractors are. Where are the so called projects they executed?
Here is another horrible situation..
Workers in Imo State have not been paid for 13 months.

I am glad you admitted that the truth is on 50-50 probability. I believe contractors are definitely owed. Every large firm is owing contractors with the FG owing the highest amount. However the protest is political.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2015
What I found out is that both the contractors and okorosha are all criminals. Once they approve the contract they immediately share the money and no project will be executed. A case-study is this flyover, it was abandoned as soon as it was flagged off for construction. As at today there is no major infrastructural development in the entire Imo state. The state does not have a single flyover to help solve the perennial traffic crisis in the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5ha97VAmM&list=PLAOlgfjJM2iv4xBBYoflrsxjmXhR4BL6e

Abandoned since 2011

Abagworo:

I am glad you admitted that the truth is on 50-50 probability. I believe contractors are definitely owed. Every large firm is owing contractors with the FG owing the highest amount. However the protest is political.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2015
oneeast:
What I found out is that both the contractors and okorosha are all criminals. Once they approve the contract they immediately share the money and no project will be executed. A case-study is this flyover, it was abandoned as soon as it was flagged off for construction. As at today there is no major infrastructural development in the entire Imo state. The state does not have a single flyover to help solve the perennial traffic crisis in the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5ha97VAmM&list=PLAOlgfjJM2iv4xBBYoflrsxjmXhR4BL6e

I am one of those that feel flyover is waste of funds that could be used for schools and hospitals. Creation of alternative routes solved the hold up problems at that spot. If he likes he can go on with it but I find that useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfru5FUb6fQ
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2015
Stop deceiving yourself. You were here rejoicing over the flyover when it was flagged in 2011 but since your hopes has been dashed you changed your tune. Flyover is a major infrastructural development for major cities or aspiring major cities. It solves a lot of traffic issues unlike the useless round-about you are flaunting as a development.

That is why major cities cannot afford to do without flyovers unless you are now confirming to us that Owerre is a rural town with poor infrastructure as we can see already. lol

Please go and advise your useless governor to start major infrastructural development because without that Imo state will continue to be a state where people pass without stopping unless to offload konji..lol

Abagworo:

I am one of those that feel flyover is waste of funds that could be used for schools and hospitals. Creation of alternative routes solved the hold up problems at that spot. If he likes he can go on with it but I find that useless.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:23am On Mar 07, 2015
oneeast:
Stop deceiving yourself. You were here rejoicing over the flyover when it was flagged in 2011 but since your hopes has been dashed you changed your tune. Flyover is a major infrastructural development for major cities or aspiring major cities.

That is why major cities cannot afford to do without flyovers unless you are now confirming to us that Owerre is a rural town with poor infrastructure as we can see already. lol

In truth I feel that one started by Ohakim should be completed. It is an eyesore to be left that way. There might be more to it than I know though.

FG should build like they did in other States. That Imo is an APC State does not mean everything should be left for the Governor.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2015
Ohakim started his own flyover and abandoned it, Okorosha came and started his and abandoned it almost immediately. What's wrong with your leaders? Who are you blaming right now? Blame your governor and senators from your state. Now you want to blame the FG. We said it before, it is not by insulting the president everyday because at the end of the day, the question the people will be asking is- what has the governor achieved. Let him continue insulting the president. What about the Ph road? That one is another matter for another day. Enjoy it while it last! cheesy

Abagworo:

In truth I feel that one started by Ohakim should be completed. It is an eyesore to be left that way. There might be more to it than I know though.

FG should build like they did in other States. That Imo is an APC State does not mean everything should be left for the Governor.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2015
Abagworo:

when i read yur quoted comment, it seem yu wrote it in anambra thread,pls replied him in anambra thread and not here,
we dnt ve time for comparison or insults on our beloved govnor rochas,

And what we want is pix and imo state topic nd matters for imo state pple and not irrelevant wasting of space argument..
#nooffense
i guess yu shuld free the matter instead of him given false impression/information concerning rochas cos non imo or igbos are also reading and viewing this thread.
QED
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Mar 07, 2015
oneeast:
Ohakim started his own flyover and abandoned it, Okorosha came and started his and abandoned it almost immediately. What's wrong with your leaders? Who are you blaming right now? Blame your governor and senators from your state. Now you want to blame the FG. We said it before, it is not by insulting the president everyday because at the end of the day, the question the people will be asking is- what has the governor achieved. Let him continue insulting the president. What about the Ph road? That one is another matter for another day. Enjoy it while it last!

I do not think any one has insulted the President but rather we demand for our rights as Nigerians. Amaechi barked and work commenced on the Port Harcourt section of East-West Road. It does not mean an insult. I guess if Obiano demands for more attention on Enugu-Onitsha road it becomes an insult.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2015
Stop saying what you do not know. A lot is ongoing at Onitsha-Awka-Enugu expressway. Ask around you will find out that construction work is ongoing apart from the areas that fall within the major cities which has been completed or at various degrees of completion. The 2nd Niger bridge is equally ongoing too, all these are major federal government infrastructures.

Why the case of Imo state is worrisome is that there is no single federal infrastructure of note I can point at. The Ph road I passed just last week has been abandoned again!

Abagworo:

I do not think any one has insulted the President but rather we demand for our rights as Nigerians. Amaechi barked and work commenced on the Port Harcourt section of East-West Road. It does not mean an insult. I guess if Obiano demands for more attention on Enugu-Onitsha road it becomes an insult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1038) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.