Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397353 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Bolarge1(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2012
ACM10:

Yes, Owerri is beautiful. But lacks link roads. Passengers are bogged down with stubborn traffic everyday on a single road. The city is not planned. I love its green scenary by the way.

I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE GOVERNOR AND HIS CABINET ARE WORKING HARD TO MAKE IMO A WONDERFUL STATE TO LIVE. CONGRATULATIONS THE IMOANS.

PLS HELP US TO PRAY FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF DELTA STATE TO PLS EMULATE THIS CREATIVE GOVERNOR. WE ARE TIED OF UNDER-DEVELOPMENT IN DELTA STATE. WE NEED A MOSES. SOMEBODY HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2012
Walks into the thread... looks around and sees nothing!! Pissess all over IMO State!! Walks away back to Anambra State!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by megxo(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2012
Ejiné:

I know right? The original masterplan was designed as a low-density city, similar to Atlanta. And just like Atlanta, this has led to an unbelievably large sprawl... But unlike Atlanta, the roads are taking more traffic than they should.
I think a railway system should be 'explored' for a place like Owerri.
I chose to use the word "explored" because I sabi say railway costs no be beans. wink
nice defence>>>>>>>>>>>>> wink
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2012
I made a trip by air to Port Harcourt, spent a few hours there and travelled to Enugu by road. I travelled through Imo State and for the first time, my impression of Owerri was mind blowing especially all those pix in this thread. New and prime developments is all that you can see in Owerri. But there is so much traffic, we had to manuoevre in the city till we got to Douglas Road. Me thinks, that that part of the state should be revamped since it is a major road linking to other parts of the east. Imagine one distributor who sells beers, blocking a significant part of the road with cartons of assorted drinks (filled bottles and empty bottles alike). In my honest opinion, the road should be expanded like mushin or Oregun road in lagos.

Got to Enugu and the rest is gist.... In ranking this states in terms of physical development, I think Enugu (Best), Imo (Better/improving) and PH (Good but disappointing).

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by drnoel: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

Abeg what lake is that....Do tell pls
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by omiobo: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2012
This is nonsense. Absolute nonsense! When will nigerians stop this act of deceit. Imagine one stupid being posting stupid pictures of houses,referring to it as achievement. What we want to know is impact of govt on people not pictures of decorated and painted houses.

No picture of improvement in agriculture
No picture of modern market
No picture of good transportation system
No picture of good roads
No picture of infrastructures e.t.c

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2012
drnoel:

Abeg what lake is that....Do tell pls
that is the Oguta Lake situated in Oguta LGA.Home of the controversial Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2012
Keneking: I made a trip by air to Port Harcourt, spent a few hours there and travelled to Enugu by road. I travelled through Imo State and for the first time, my impression of Owerri was mind blowing especially all those pix in this thread. New and prime developments is all that you can see in Owerri. But there is so much traffic, we had to manuoevre in the city till we got to Douglas Road. Me thinks, that that part of the state should be revamped since it is a major road linking to other parts of the east. Imagine one distributor who sells beers, blocking a significant part of the road with cartons of assorted drinks (filled bottles and empty bottles alike). In my honest opinion, the road should be expanded like mushin or Oregun road in lagos.

Got to Enugu and the rest is gist.... In ranking this states in terms of physical development, I think Enugu (Best), Imo (Better/improving) and PH [/b[b]](Good but disappointing).

^^^On the bolded: i wonder why people tend to say this of Port Harcourt.....just goes to show money is not everything. There's more money in Port and the governor is actually trying, but since it's already built and unplanned.....with landlords refusing to cooperate and compensation/relocation being an expensive option (what with the court cases and 'na my papa house' syndrome), developing and opening up old Port Harcourt is a tricky process.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Walks into the thread... looks around and sees nothing!! Pissess all over IMO State!! Walks away back to Anambra State!
I hope you have more Ammonium Chloride to pour on your state too! Smh.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2012
Keneking: I made a trip by air to Port Harcourt, spent a few hours there and travelled to Enugu by road. I travelled through Imo State and for the first time, my impression of Owerri was mind blowing especially all those pix in this thread. New and prime developments is all that you can see in Owerri. But there is so much traffic, we had to manuoevre in the city till we got to Douglas Road. Me thinks, that that part of the state should be revamped since it is a major road linking to other parts of the east. Imagine one distributor who sells beers, blocking a significant part of the road with cartons of assorted drinks (filled bottles and empty bottles alike). In my honest opinion, the road should be expanded like mushin or Oregun road in lagos.

Got to Enugu and the rest is gist.... In ranking this states in terms of physical development, I think Enugu (Best), Imo (Better/improving) and PH (Good but disappointing).

WTF!!!!!! angry

Where did you see any new projects in Owerri on your drive biko?! Nwokem talk the one you see o!!

I drove to Owerri from Port-Harcourt and the first thing you notice at the boundary between Port-Harcourt and Owerri is 'The good well tarred dual carriage road with street lights ends at the boundary between both States. IMO State looked like an abandoned project.. I kept switching from lane to lane during the drive through to Owerri.. The bridges/flyovers I saw looked like they were built and abandoned by the previous administration and its still the same.. The road at some point almost destroyed my car.. I dont know the names or roadsin Owerri, however, I think a school of health or something like that was on that road...

PH- 1st, Enugu- 2nd & Imo... last.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by venorite(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2012
asha 80: hehe this thread go reach 8 pages. grin on a more serious note i do not think these(apart from maybe the school) are what the average man wants to see.

thank you very much...apart from that school,every other construction is within govt house...you need to go to places like world bank and douglas and see their roads....make him no arrange govt house na...mtshew
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 9:53am On Sep 24, 2012
Looking at all these pictures reminds me of Ohakim days when there were snazzy adverts on CNN about Imo State, obviously propaganda stunts designed to attract people and cover up the fact that the government was in fact doing nothing. These pictures are just the same thing. The only thing those pictures prove is that the current goovernor is as good at disseminating propaganda as the last one was. I was in Owerri 2 weeks ago, and the real fact is that Owerri is a disaster zone, and people are lamenting loudly.

First of all, the roads are in a serious mess. For some reason, the governor came up with a strange building program which wasnt well thought through and has ended by leaving half of the town's roads very similar to how it must have looked after the war. Contractors came and poured red sand on the roads, painted themblack and went away. The rains came and wrought havoc and now many streets are cut off, erosion is eating away many areas in Prefab and Federal Housing, etc.

The governor has come up with a plan to sell off the state general hospitals to a Northern consortium. Civil servants protested loudly and the plan was temporarily shelved. There is also a plan to collect ALL the primary schools in Owerri into one vast compound. Sounds laudable, but the whole point of government funded education is to provide access to education where you live. Imagine if all the primary schools in Lagos were located at one point, say at Unilag for example, and all the primary school pupils in Lagos all have to come to Akoka everyday.

And of course, the Imo State Govt has learnt the lesson from the Lagos State Givt, and is imposing all sorts of new taxes and levies on the suffering people. There is a "borehole" tax, to be paid by people who have boreholes. Does this sound reasonable? Isnt it the givernment's responsiblity to provide water, not to tax peeople who have suffered enough and have had to provide amenities for themselves? There is also a "rent tax" to be paid by all landlords in Owerri, so of course, lookk forward to a new rent increase in Owerri soon. And so forth.

Like most of the Southeastern states, Imo State is NOT working. What is wrong with the Igbo man, and why are we the worst governed people in Nigeria? Something to do with the old saying "Igbo enweghi eze"?

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2012
eaglechild:

Amakohia and Akwakuma have long been part of Owerri and World bank is presently in the same state with them in terms of roads.The govt house is arguably in Amakohia (shell camp)
What am trying to say is that, there needs to be an urgent replanning of Owerri with purpose built residential layouts catering for all income groups which are linked to the older parts of the city.
The govt house shld be relocated with the police command near it to New Owerri axis to decongest that area that already has Alvan, and FMC struggling for space on the pseudo dualized Orlu road.
Owerri has a lot of potential to grow but it seems the govt is not putting its priorities right. It presently has its hands in too many pie and is confused.
you are right! Orlu road needs to be decongested.too much of government establishment on that axis.don't forget the police barracks,a high court and the populated shell camp which houses Alvan lecturers (old comissioners' quarters).the traffic situation was terrible 4years back when I was residing in owerri.I don't know the traffic situation presently.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

WTF!!!!!! angry

Where did you see any new projects in Owerri on your drive biko?! Nwokem talk the one you see o!!

I drove to Owerri from Port-Harcourt and the first thing you notice at the boundary between Port-Harcourt and Owerri is 'The good well tarred dual carriage road with street lights ends at the boundary between both States. IMO State looked like an abandoned project.. I kept switching from lane to lane during the drive through to Owerri.. The bridges/flyovers I saw looked like they were built and abandoned by the previous administration and its still the same.. The road at some point almost destroyed my car.. I dont know the names or roadsin Owerri, however, I think a school of health or something like that was on that road...

last time I checked,Owerri-PH road belonged to the Federal Government and not the Imo SG.Enugu-Onitsha expressway where your state is situated is a gory site and it also belongs to the federal government.get your facts right and quit talking what you don't know!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by hizaya61(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2012
abeg show us there ghetto picture

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by omiobo: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2012
Cyberknight: Looking at all these pictures reminds me of Ohakim days when there were snazzy adverts on CNN about Imo State, obviously propaganda stunts designed to attract people and cover up the fact that the government was in fact doing nothing. These pictures are just the same thing. The only thing those pictures prove is that the current goovernor is as good at disseminating propaganda as the last one was. I was in Owerri 2 weeks ago, and the real fact is that Owerri is a disaster zone, and people are lamenting loudly.

First of all, the roads are in a serious mess. For some reason, the governor came up with a strange building program which wasnt well thought through and has ended by leaving half of the town's roads very similar to how it must have looked after the war. Contractors came and poured red sand on the roads, painted themblack and went away. The rains came and wrought havoc and now many streets are cut off, erosion is eating away many areas in Prefab and Federal Housing, etc.

The governor has come up with a plan to sell off the state general hospitals to a Northern consortium. Civil servants protested loudly and the plan was temporarily shelved. There is also a plan to collect ALL the primary schools in Owerri into one vast compound. Sounds laudable, but the whole point of government funded education is to provide access to education where you live. Imagine if all the primary schools in Lagos were located at one point, say at Unilag for example, and all the primary school pupils in Lagos all have to come to Akoka everyday.

And of course, the Imo State Govt has learnt the lesson from the Lagos State Givt, and is imposing all sorts of new taxes and levies on the suffering people. There is a "borehole" tax, to be paid by people who have boreholes. Does this sound reasonable? Isnt it the givernment's responsiblity to provide water, not to tax peeople who have suffered enough and have had to provide amenities for themselves? There is also a "rent tax" to be paid by all landlords in Owerri, so of course, lookk forward to a new rent increase in Owerri soon. And so forth.

Like most of the Southeastern states, Imo State is NOT working. What is wrong with the Igbo man, and why are we the worst governed people in Nigeria? Something to do with the old saying "Igbo enweghi eze"?

GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2012
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy

Shaaatap ewu, it is mcalled " getting closer to the masses" grin grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Paentera(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Propoganda!!

I know 40 families who moved from Imo state, since Rochas entered, to Lagos. Green is greener on the other greenest.

Oh shatap! Can we please concentrate on Imo state here?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spartanian(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2012
am tempted to work my NYSC to Imo state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2012
Cyberknight: Looking at all these pictures reminds me of Ohakim days when there were snazzy adverts on CNN about Imo State, obviously propaganda stunts designed to attract people and cover up the fact that the government was in fact doing nothing. These pictures are just the same thing. The only thing those pictures prove is that the current goovernor is as good at disseminating propaganda as the last one was. I was in Owerri 2 weeks ago, and the real fact is that Owerri is a disaster zone, and people are lamenting loudly.

BAD BELLERISM is on the increase on Nairaland I swear! Nigerians will never be satisfied no matter how you try to please them.if you think you are good enough to be the governor of imo state,please endeavour to contest the next gubernatorial election let's see your own achievements!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nice pictures!!

More!

We must reach page 30 cool

NRI PRIEST:

But you dont know me very well,abi. People who know me think am the most hardworking man on earth ! I will buy you a new pant the day you stop insulting folks.

cheesy cheesy cheesy, BTW, I tot she left Politics Section for the Gurus like us cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Walks into the thread... looks around and sees nothing!! Pissess all over IMO State!! Walks away back to Anambra State!

If you are this jealous what do you expect me who is from ABIA to do,?? SMH
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

WTF!!!!!! angry

PH first?!?
Are u referring to another PH (perharps Philly or Phoenix) or to the run down overcrowded, flyover collapsing, TIMARIV ridden, Crime strangulating, pollution choking, slum swallowing, PORT HARCOURT?
Haba! nawa u no even talk Enugu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2012
berem: you are right! Orlu road needs to be decongested.too much of government establishment on that axis.don't forget the police barracks,a high court and the populated shell camp which houses Alvan lecturers (old comissioners' quarters).the traffic situation was terrible 4years back when I was residing in owerri.I don't know the traffic situation presently.
Traffic is 2x as bad now!
The town is becoming more congested because of lack of bypass roads.
The state Owerri is in now cannot attract any major investment.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ak47mann(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2012
tHIS IS NICE.. cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ofala(m): 11:06am On Sep 24, 2012
Good so far BUT I think there is still enough room to initiate programs\projects that will directly or indirectly impact on the poor masses in Imo. Weldone Rochas
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ogosoga: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ogosoga: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Which part of Oguta lake is that? because the oguta lake I know is 10 times bigger than the picture you posted.
You can have a look of the picture of the lake, I visted the lake last on Easter period.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2012
Most of the projects are either government house or commissioner's quarters or the hotel where the governor can relax where are the projects for the masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by venorite(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2012
berem: you are right! Orlu road needs to be decongested.too much of government establishment on that axis.don't forget the police barracks,a high court and the populated shell camp which houses Alvan lecturers (old comissioners' quarters).the traffic situation was terrible 4years back when I was residing in owerri.I don't know the traffic situation presently.
do u stay in owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eghost247(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2012
beautiful
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by venorite(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2012
spartanian: am tempted to work my NYSC to Imo state
dont try it cos u will def regret it...am serving in owerri now and am full of regrets

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.