Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2407781 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
abagoro:

Where exactly is St Joseph. There was actually no flooding in Orlu the day I took the pictures but I have read on internet about flood problems of Orlu just like I also read of Owerri, Enugu, onitsha Aba and Uyo.

Abagworo pls don't mind Tabletman, my friend here was born and brought up in Orlu city though he's from Nkwere. And he has keep on hammering to me that there's no flooding in orlu now unlike before the inception of the present administration.

St. Joseph junction is the last junction you'll get if you are going to nkwere from Orlu.

Below are more pix.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
B2mario:

Mr. Man those buildings around that area have been like that before the construction of that drainage system. I'm not from Orlu but when i saw your post i called to Orlu to confirm the condition of the place before react ing to your post, and the reply was that no flooding at that st. Joseph junction and st. Joseph road, that where they are experiencing little flooding now is at Ama-Orji and that even the gutters dug by road sides are large enough to hold large volume of rain water.

I'm not defending imo state, even millionnairenaija knows the true conditions of that place, I'm only commending the developmental stride Rochas has embarked upon.
I'll and show the pix of that st. Joseph church. Below are roads in Orlu.
In other words, I am blowing a heavy lie?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
millionaireman:
berem, I cannot sell my town for a plate of porridge.
This pit below was dug near St Joseph Catholic Church at the centre of Orlu by Okorocha govt to collect flood. The pit remains, but flood problems have worsened since the pit was dug.
Let me break it down to some people in A,B,C form: what is required is a duct or gutter to channel those floods to a nearby Ogidi valley less than 1 km from where the floods collect - not this pit.

Abagworo, I think understands what I mean here.

Late Gov. Ikwechegh started the drainage system. And without the drainage system completed, a short time from now, more of the roads in Orlu on display here now shall be washed away.
Oga check these pix.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
millionaireman:
berem, I cannot sell my town for a plate of porridge.
This pit below was dug near St Joseph Catholic Church at the centre of Orlu by Okorocha govt to collect flood. The pit remains, but flood problems have worsened since the pit was dug.
Let me break it down to some people in A,B,C form: what is required is a duct or gutter to channel those floods to a nearby Ogidi valley less than 1 km from where the floods collect - not this pit.

Abagworo, I think understands what I mean here.

Late Gov. Ikwechegh started the drainage system. And without the drainage system completed, a short time from now, more of the roads in Orlu on display here now shall be washed away.
more of st. Joseph axis!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
abagoro:
Judging from my movement around Orlu and immediate environs, 2 roads are unfinished.

1 is old Owerri road but it looks like there is serious work and it will be completed year end or early next year. The 2nd road though short could have helped ease movement within Orlu central but looks completely abandoned and overgrown with grass. There is what looks like ITC park, a lively joint and children's park on that road. I dont know the name but here is the picture. Okorocha needs to complete this road.

Abagworo is this not the uncompleted road you were talking about?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Seeing is believing. Chukwu gozie gi B2mario.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
spodathug:
Very impressed so far with orlu pics,can somebody pls beg okorocha to stop littering everywhere in owerri with roundabouts even where its obviously not called for,okorocha also betrayed my trust on him now I visited owerri and found out he has abandoned the ohakim road project with bridges at amakohia and orji,what one will see in this places now are roundabouts,the enugu state government has constructed bridges in enugu urban but the only one necessary in owerri for now mallam okorocha has turned the place to a roundabout. Okorocha is also still failing to expand owerri the state capital with wider roads,the city still has only 3 to 4 major roads compared to other old cities in igboland,so fed up of okorosha and presently we have no better of person. On other cities orlu and okigwe he tried but he so much neglected the town with the highest potential in imo state which is oguta,will justify my claim on oguta in my next post,typing from my phone so paragraphs are not real.
hmmmmm, are you serious?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
spodathug:
As per owerri I am not impressed with okorocha the town is still a very small town not growing nor expanding with Wider roads and city planning,suburbs like irete,avu,obinze,ihiagwa,nekede,naze,akwakuma,amakohia etc should be well planned with streets but this present government aint doing any thing about it,they leave people to build houses any how with no mapped out street and major road even if not tarred for the main time as its been done in lagos and other yoruba cities. on Oguta the most educated town in imo state,a potential federal government inland port town,a town with fresh water swamp,a town with oil/gas activities,a lake and tourist town,finally a huge agricultural potential town,okorosha government still left the town unplanned with wider streets,as in en I don tire for mallam okorosha I swear.
hmmmmm, see another liar. Pls millionaireman clarify this man, he said that owerri is a small town.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
RareDiamonds:

Orlu zone have Imo Poly, College of Nursing, College of Health Technology, Imo Marine University Oguta, Imo European University
thanks for that vital information!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
tabletman1:
In other words, I am blowing a heavy lie?

Yes, heavier than you might think.
Pls see more pix of O'town

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
B2mario:

Yes, heavier than you might think.
Pls see more pix of O'town
Ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
more

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
B2mario:

Abagworo is this not the uncompleted road you were talking about?

This is not the road. I posted a clearer plc of this road with signpost written Mgumoha street. Go back to my post and see the road I was writing about. It has stone base but looks abandoned with overgrown grass. Theres a childrens park on the road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
spodathug:
As per owerri I am not impressed with okorocha the town is still a very small town not growing nor expanding with Wider roads and city planning,suburbs like irete,avu,obinze,ihiagwa,nekede,naze,akwakuma,amakohia etc should be well planned with streets but this present government aint doing any thing about it,they leave people to build houses any how with no mapped out street and major road even if not tarred for the main time as its been done in lagos and other yoruba cities. on Oguta the most educated town in imo state,a potential federal government inland port town,a town with fresh water swamp,a town with oil/gas activities,a lake and tourist town,finally a huge agricultural potential town,okorosha government still left the town unplanned with wider streets,as in en I don tire for mallam okorosha I swear.

Apart from Aba and Enugu no other town is larger in landmass than Owerri in the Southeast. Use google earth and get your facts.

FG is not playing their role with regards to Igbo interest in any way. Thats why all the federal roads in Southeast were neglected and the Onitsha/Oguta port given little attention. The Degbam invasion of Ohaji is a bad influence from Rivers State which some Abuja politicians plan to use and destabilize Imo State. Oguta people will never join in that nonsense. It will start and end at Egbema or Ohaji. If you are one better have a rethink cause life has no duplicate.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
abagoro:

This is not the road. I posted a clearer plc of this road with signpost written Mgumoha street. Go back to my post and see the road I was writing about. It has stone base but looks abandoned with overgrown grass. Theres a childrens park on the road.
Ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
my people am back again to clear some air..cheesy

There something about development and beautification here in nigeria ways.cheesy
one thing is for sure is that there can never ever be a massive development in nigeria at d extreme..
development is a gradual processes,and the evolution of processes to the massive ones..
things have to be develop before they re beautify.cheesy

i remember when i was in akwa ibom,uyo is their capital til date and have a massive development before eket 2nd,and ikot ekpene 3rd{i.k town}.
Likewise imo state ,owerri have a massive development in the state before orlu,okigwe and oguta.(og town).grin
owerri as a capital benefited existing development frm the crying ex governor of old imo state,blessed memory,sam mbakwe via shagari era..
rochas is adding more tarred road,housing and beautification to the existing developed capital of imo state..
development in a common heritage must start from a gradual process to the massive ones.
then massive ones to the extreme lik wat yu see in london and paris..
Am i lying undecided?
So saying that there is no massive or extreme development in orlu nd okigwe at all then the above illustration is for yu..
if orlu/okigwe nd oguta did not developed more in rochas administration then wait 4 the nxt governor after gvnor rochas okorocha.cheesy

i remain faithful to the entire igboland cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
While people are busy thinking of Okorocha`s idea, almost every official event of most organisations is being held in Owerri this year. The funny thing is that all the people that attended these functions seem ever willing to make a comeback visit.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
more pix

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
more

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Berem, hope i'm keeping to the promise?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
B2mario:
Berem, hope i'm keeping to the promise?
yes you are nwanne. I am very impressed.

Kachifo. smiley smiley
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
abagoro:
While people are busy thinking of Okorocha`s idea, almost every official event of most organisations is being held in Owerri this year. The funny thing is that all the people that attended these functions seem ever willing to make a comeback visit.

Apart from the 2014 NBA AGM that took place in Owerri which other non imo based organisation is holding or have held event in Imo State ?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
Noticed the high prevalence of solar panels on roof tops.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
That is a nice building. Adding solar panel to it shows that Imo State people are innovative.

Abagworo:
Noticed the high prevalence of solar panels on roof tops.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has become the beautiful bride, for the three top presidential aspirants of All Progressives Congress, APC, who are now shopping for their vice president, it was gathered at the weekend.

The presidential aspirants- former head of State, General Mohammed Buhari, former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, and Governor Rabiu Kwakwanso of Kano State, it was learnt, are negotiating with Okorocha to accept the position of vice president.

But it was gathered that the party leadership is still entertaining doubt as to whether the decision to pick their presidential candidate from the North would give the party victory in the South particularly South East and South- South where the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had picked its presidential candidate.

Buhari and Atiku who were in Owerri at the wedding of Okorocha’s daughter, Uju, and Dr. Uzoma Anwukah, son of the Secretary to the Imo State Government, Prof. Anthony Anwukah, are also seeking Okorocha’s support at the party’s forthcoming presidential primaries.

Although none of them agreed to speak to curious reporters when approached, National Mirror learnt there is common understanding among APC leadership caucus to pick somebody from the South as vice president who will help to divide the votes from the zone.

Apart from Buhari and Atiku, the National leader of APC and former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, National Chairman of APC, Chief John Oyegun, former Chairman of APC, and Chief Bisi Akande were also present at the wedding.

Speaking at St. Joseph’s Catholic Chaplaincy Imo State University, Owerri where the event took place, Governor Okorocha said the galaxy of Nigerians, including Muslims and Christians at the wedding, indicated that Nigerians were ready to live in unity irrespective of religion or ethnicity.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-buhari-atiku-woo-okorocha-for-vp/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
RareDiamonds:
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has become the beautiful bride, for the three top presidential aspirants of All Progressives Congress, APC, who are now shopping for their vice president, it was gathered at the weekend.

The presidential aspirants- former head of State, General Mohammed Buhari, former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, and Governor Rabiu Kwakwanso of Kano State, it was learnt, are negotiating with Okorocha to accept the position of vice president.

But it was gathered that the party leadership is still entertaining doubt as to whether the decision to pick their presidential candidate from the North would give the party victory in the South particularly South East and South- South where the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had picked its presidential candidate.

Buhari and Atiku who were in Owerri at the wedding of Okorocha’s daughter, Uju, and Dr. Uzoma Anwukah, son of the Secretary to the Imo State Government, Prof. Anthony Anwukah, are also seeking Okorocha’s support at the party’s forthcoming presidential primaries.

Although none of them agreed to speak to curious reporters when approached, National Mirror learnt there is common understanding among APC leadership caucus to pick somebody from the South as vice president who will help to divide the votes from the zone.

Apart from Buhari and Atiku, the National leader of APC and former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, National Chairman of APC, Chief John Oyegun, former Chairman of APC, and Chief Bisi Akande were also present at the wedding.

Speaking at St. Joseph’s Catholic Chaplaincy Imo State University, Owerri where the event took place, Governor Okorocha said the galaxy of Nigerians, including Muslims and Christians at the wedding, indicated that Nigerians were ready to live in unity irrespective of religion or ethnicity.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-buhari-atiku-woo-okorocha-for-vp/

can someone please help rochas get out of Douglas house owerri, he can go and fail with buhari, after doanating our moni for boko people

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Political suicide for any Igbo that takes APC 2015 election VP slot.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
RareDiamonds:

Apart from the 2014 NBA AGM that took place in Owerri which other non imo based organisation is holding or have held event in Imo State ?

businessdayonline.com/2014/09/federal-high-court-judges-gather-in-owerri-for-legal-year-conference/

Judges of the Federal High Courts in the country also gathered
last week in Owerri, Imo State capital for their Legal Year
Conference.
The conference comes less than three weeks after the Nigerian
Bar Association (NBA) held their 54th annual general conference
in the state capital, tagged ‘NBA AGC Owerri 2014,’ which held
25 to 29 August.
According to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria
(CJFHCN), Ibrahim Auta (a Justice), the Judges are in Imo State
for the legal year conference, which is an annual event, and as
well to commission the Federal High Court in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
Abagworo:

businessdayonline.com/2014/09/federal-high-court-judges-gather-in-owerri-for-legal-year-conference/

Judges of the Federal High Courts in the country also gathered
last week in Owerri, Imo State capital for their Legal Year
Conference.
The conference comes less than three weeks after the Nigerian
Bar Association (NBA) held their 54th annual general conference
in the state capital, tagged ‘NBA AGC Owerri 2014,’ which held
25 to 29 August.
According to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria
(CJFHCN), Ibrahim Auta (a Justice), the Judges are in Imo State
for the legal year conference, which is an annual event, and as
well to commission the Federal High Court in Owerri.

terrible go slow as usual, car owners will now be carrying mats in their trunk. to sleep on the impassable roads of owerri. them suppose flog rochas
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

terrible go slow as usual, car owners will now be carrying mats in their trunk. to sleep on the impassable roads of owerri. them suppose flog rochas
To de-congest Owerri, at least one of the five universities/polytechnics in Owerri area has to be relocated to another area outside Owerri zone. IMSU is plain ripe for this relocation by IMSG which runs it. Such relocation is good for Owerri. It is good for entire Imo state, good for IMSG.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
2015: I attracted 52 projects to Ngor Okpala, says Ihedioha

Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, has told stakeholders in Ngor Okpala council area of Imo State, one of the council areas he represents at the National Assembly, that he had attracted no fewer than 52 development projects to the area.

Ihedioha was in Ngor Okpala over the weekend in continuation of his state-wide governorship consultation tour of the 27 local government areas of the state. While thanking the people for their support and solidarity, he said: “Ngor Okpala is home for me.

A place where I have received overwhelming and consistent support to represent our federal constituency in the House for three terms and through that support our people are today reaping bountifully the dividends of democracy with over 52 verifiable Federal Government projects sited in Ngor Okpala alone.

“By the grace of God and your support, we have been able to add value to lives and with your support we will even do more when we occupy Douglas House, because I have the experience and the track record of achievements needed for such position.”

He assured the people that he will continue to champion aggressive infrastructural development in the area, adding that the power sub-station at Umuekwune; jetty/mini wharf at Imo River, Okpala; Okpala-Igwurita road linking Imo State and Rivers State; several water projects; school blocks; hospitals; appointments and economic empowerments programmes facilitated by his office will all add up to boost the economy of the area. Ihedioha advised the people to remain in the PDP, which he described as the only platform that can guarantee sustainable development in the area.

Also speaking, the PDP leader in Ngor Okpala council area, Okenze Obinna, described Ihedioha as a man of integrity with a verifiable track record of achievements

http://newtelegraphonline.com/2015-attracted-52-projects-ngor-okpala-says-ihedioha/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Carnival

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.