Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2401260 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kryxtal penthouse has opened her doors for business.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
Honestly Nigerians gotta be proud of the eastern region.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Talking about signature,

Tourism is multifaceted,we got food tourism,medical tourism,education tourism,religious tourism,Eco tourism,innovative tourism,etc

Kano is introducing infrastructural tourism,
They hosting the annual Nigerian engineering conference,back to back,

Check out those lovely interchanges built by indigenous architects and engineers, with less efforts of foreigners,

We can learn one or two from that,every administration was a hit back to back from kwankwaso to ganduje's continuity,,

Something gotta be done to those controversial flyovers and tunnels of rochas , and some arteries are in dire need of interchanges, especially control roundabout.

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
The idea of prince and princess hotels of orlu and okigwe that rochas couldn't achieve,can ihedioha pull them through?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
arinzeejikonye:
The idea of prince and princess hotels of orlu and okigwe that rochas couldn't achieve,can ihedioha pull them through?
Why would a state govt build such a hotel there.

Which patrons will live Owerri to go and lodge at a 5star hotel at orlu. There has to be something to attract people not just building a hotel INA rural area. It might end up a waste.

That hotel would serve better if built close to oguta lake or abadaba lake

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Coldie:

Why would a state govt build such a hotel there.

Which patrons will live Owerri to go and lodge at a 5star hotel at orlu. There has to be something to attract people not just building a hotel INA rural area. It might end up a waste.

That hotel would serve better if built close to oguta lake or abadaba lake

Yeah,

Return on investment,and profitability of the location,economies of scale and so on gotta be factored in ,

Nonetheless, it mustn't be too grandeur in size,it could be small and still made to look classy,

In addition ,

The upcoming diaspora summit,is a golden opportunity,to seal these deals,via PPP,that IMSG have been yearning for all this while,

IMO state ,Igbos and Nigerians got a pull of hardworking achievers of all works of life world over ,making indeleble imprints of tremendous achievements in their host nations as diasporans,

IMO state gotta capitalize on this to iron out some issues and open up the potential opportunities where investors can explore,

Be they;

IT,
Real estate,
Agriconomy,
Insurance,
Construction,
Health,
Education,
Hospitality,
Entertainment,
Commerce,
Industry,
Utilities,
Transportation/logistics,
FMCG,
etc

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Arinzeejikonye I will be posting some of those beautiful aerial views of Owerri in the Pan igbo thread. grin

I can’t help it. They are so beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
horsepower101:
Arinzeejikonye I will be posting some of those beautiful aerial views of Owerri in the Pan igbo thread. grin

I can’t help it. They are so beautiful.

My pleasure,

Credit to the likes of sanctity,prospect360,skybeetle,dikendike,ifeanyicymedia,IMO state new media ,sta media,etc

Aerial photography/videography and IT is the new oil grin

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, welcome back. Owerri pictures continue

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, I warned you to avoid Anambra thread.

Picture: new Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Next time don't troll with me scotmisile

Pic: new Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, okada is finally back in Owerri due to bad rosds, this is new Owerri axis.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, come let's troll

Pic: Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, you won't say I didn't warn you to stay away from our thread.

Pictures: Owerri tunnel

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chy101: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scotmisile, you can run but you cannot hide. Come back let us troll.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dedetwo:

You seem to brush aside the individual aspect of down development. Orlu urban must have what it takes to attract non-indigenes of Orlu.

Owerri would NEVER HAVE DEVELOPED, if it didn't have the surface water supply system built by Mbakwe since 1982 till 2010. Ihedioha is now putting finishing touches to reviving that Owerri public water supply system.

No place ever develops to a modern place without a sustainable public water supply system, not water boreholes.
Enwerem from Owerri refused to continue with building Orlu regional surface water supply system.

Owerri people are conspiratorial to what has denied modernity and urbanization to Orlu and Okigwe zones.

Udenwa took over and completed Okigwe regional surface water supply system, handed it over to Ohakim.
Owerri people co-opted Ohakim onto forming New Face of Imo which kicked away Udenwa from Ohakim.

Result: Okigwe regional surface water supply project into which IMSG has put more than N12 billion lies in ruins today, after Ohakim brought President Yar'Adua in 2008 who commissioned Okigwe water supply system. Ohakim couldn't do the few things necessary to pump water to people in Okigwe zone, as he was Co-opted to do clean and green in Owerri.

People from Orlu and Okigwe zones continue to migrate to settle and build in Owerri. You show us photos of modern Owerri.

Now, enough is enough. Gov Ihedioha has to do the needful or ....
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 12:37am On Jan 03, 2020
arinzeejikonye:
Honestly Nigerians gotta be proud of the eastern region.

They deeply hate the Igbo and have tried soooooo much to under-develop and destroy the Igbo. Instead of them to be happy, their hearts will be filled with pain and anger for anything good at all in Igboland.

Most Nigerians are tribalists and scum of the earth. That is why they have a sh*thole country because of their mindset that they can undermine their own country (Because it's Igboland) and still succeed as "one country". They are too dumb to realize that a prosperous Igboland is also in the interest of their sorry country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Pics from the ongoing IMO Diaspora summit

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
It seems imsg is developing an estate at okigwe

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
An Enugu golf estate styled development called orient garden city berth in owerri.
Check their website for details

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
sanctity454:
I wonder when they started building this one to the extent they even put 'selling'?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
asha80:
I wonder when they started building this one to the extent they even put 'selling'?
I don't know ooo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
sanctity454:

Only to deceive people, so as to have breathing atmosphere in Imo state to continue in peace with building the 1000 new houses in Emekuku Owerri.

Who is gonna put money in estate development in Okigwe where there is no portable water supply system?

Ihedioha knows the right thing to do: first restore pipe borne to Okigwe. Once water supply is restored in Okigwe and Orlu, govt does not even need to engage on building estates, because housing estate investors shall rush to build new housing estates in Orlu and Okigwe areas.

But for a governor Ihedioha whose only development blue print is make the entire Owerri zone become the only modern, livable and lovable area in Imo state,

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ABAthug: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndi imo biko come and save Abia state . People like chef2000 aka nnewisuper are covering things up

https://www.nairaland.com/5611970/abia-state-shall-save-state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
sanctity454:
That estate is not feasible.

Okigwe is not yet viable for an estate.

From what proceeds are the occupants going to pay the money with?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
sanctity454:
Pics from the ongoing IMO Diaspora summit

This doesn't look like a summit to me though. It looks like a fair

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
In a diaspora summit that is expected to Develop IMO state.

Instead of giving us geographic mappings if areas and there feasibility studies on reasons to develop the place and the expected ROI. You guys are showing us portraits... LoL.

Before u know it no single investment will be attracted its just going to end in mouth.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sitting of hotels without any source of attraction is not feasible on the long run. As time goes on people will get bored of just coming to drink, party and hookup.

I heard that the FG project for abadaba lake was to put fishes into the water. Why don't they hold a fishing fest or competition boats everywhere, whosoever catches the biggest fish wins.

This would attract contestants from the Niger delta to as far as the north.

But its building of hotels and holding fruitless summit that's our problem.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Rolling hills okigwe has been on our lips for ages.

Develop it no, instead I heard that people are beginning to destroy the mountains and sell the stones.

If u develop rolling hills okigwe to a resort. The money gotten from it would be able to at least give the youths money to occupy the estate. Which to me is a waste of resources.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by XANDERBOY85: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
asha80:

Probably they’re selling the plots!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by XANDERBOY85: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Coldie:
Sitting of hotels without any source of attraction is not feasible on the long run. As time goes on people will get bored of just coming to drink, party and hookup.

I heard that the FG project for abadaba lake was to put fishes into the water. Why don't they hold a fishing fest or competition boats everywhere, whosoever catches the biggest fish wins.

This would attract contestants from the Niger delta to as far as the north.

But its building of hotels and holding fruitless summit that's our problem.

As someone rightly pointed out earlier regarding the 5-star hotels Rochas had planned for Orlu and Okigwe...would have made more economic sense if this was built besides the Oguta lake. The fishing festivals and other water-sports you suggested would help make the project even more viable.

If i were the governor i’d also provide a light-rail link from Owerri airport to the lake. This would be the master-stroke that would seal the project as a guaranteed all-year-round money-spinner!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Probably they’re selling the plots!
Even a dumbo in Imo state knows that no investors can truly buy the plots for housing estate in a town without standard public water supply system. It's all deceptive tactics by governor.

Former gov Udenwa built more than 100 housing units at Okporo Orlu, sank water boreholes. No body bought the houses. They are not gainfully occupied till today, because boreholes are not trusted source of public water supply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.