Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) (48098 Views)

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by deols(f): 5:23am On Oct 02, 2012
toba, well done o

you must to copy us ni sha..hahaha grin

maybe now, u'd find a fine christian to take home to mama

now you can stop loitering in the Musllim sectionnnnnn
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by olawalebabs(m): 5:41am On Oct 02, 2012
Subscribing
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by passionate88: 6:29am On Oct 02, 2012
musKeeto:
Half christian..... im christian but not born again.. lol..

im a student, but i dont write exams... hypocrite you r, want to enjoy d world then maybe enter heaven.. lmao...

according to u, u do go 2 church, hence d statement "my pastors laptops" but u come here (NL) and pretend that u re an atheist... U are a confused man.. As for me, I don't pretend 2 b what I'm not... I was born in2 a Christian home but I ain't yet Born Again... But I don't drink, I don't smoke and I hardly womanise..
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by passionate88: 6:34am On Oct 02, 2012
damilarelr:

Bros, you need to be born again. If you're not of God you're of the devil..a wife that has genuine respect and obedience coated with love is in God, and doesn't give such to those who are not His own.
there are some gals that are not yet born again, but because of experiences nd dissappointments in life, if they are "LUCKY" 2 settle down, they will b more obedient than some of these our so called "born-again" sisters... That's my own thoughts, u can choose 2 disagree
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 02, 2012
passionate88: according to u, u do go 2 church, hence d statement "my pastors laptops" but u come here (NL) and pretend that u re an atheist... U are a confused man.. As for me, I don't pretend 2 b what I'm not... I was born in2 a Christian home but I ain't yet Born Again... But I don't drink, I don't smoke and I hardly womanise..
And where have I ever claimed to be an atheist? You don't drink, smoke, womanise.. lol.. so you're pious? You, and most other so called Christians on Nl, thrive on pretending to be clean.. 'I'm not good, but at least I'm better than the next person'.. that, my friend, is hypocrisy....

And what's stopping you from born again? Why not give your life to Christ na? Maybe You desire to be a Christian but without those 'christian' rules abi, but just in case, you keep the christian backup plan, just in case.. just in case.. I know a lot of Xtians on Nl that would slam you for that attitude. Young man, you're either hot or cold... tongue

For me, I've passed the just in case point. I need the pastor's money to make my life cool. A few of them know about my beliefs, just in case you want to know. My beliefs does not make me a better or worse computer guy, does it?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by phunmydahdah(f): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2012
I feel ur pain, am sori dats wat u go tru wen u r a virgin
I av being in two relationships all my life do u knw wat my b.fs left me
Cos I decided not to av sex wit dem, dis is somethin we settled we wen we were
Deciding weda to go out or not. And some oda guys I intended to date to were askin for se
Wat do u want me to do, am a virgin I can't compromise my stand am not avin sex until am married
Av nt gone into any relationship for two years now cos I feel all guys wants to av sex wit me. Am not a saint but I Ju̶̲̥̅̊$t̶̲̥̅̊ decided to kip myself

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by obowunmi(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2012
If you can pls save your virginity.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Carius(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2012
My people,lets tell ourselves d truth.s3x plays an integral part in marital bliss."doing it b4 marriage helps u answer certain questions.what if u discover that she would neva giv u a head(bj);or dat he would neva go down on u?u found out that he/she would neva experiment with any other style apart 4rm missionary?that he/she wants to do it only once a week while u would luv it everyday?..dis discoveries is akin to finding out dat u boarded d same bus wit a suicide bomber;u would agree wit me dat its safer to find out b4 entering d vehicle than after u've entered.change is uncertain cos some pple ar obstinate and so fixed in dia ways,infact,it would be easier to fetch water 4rm a rock than to change such pple.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Carius(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2012
Its very difficult for couples to admit to themselves or to any other person that they are not s3xually compatible.s3x is not synonymous wit sin.a lot of pple enta marriages wit pre-conceivd notions about intimacy such dat it would be easier to teach a pig how to sing than for them to change.i hate unpleasant surprises.it was here that i read d story of a lady who discovered dat d husband has a very tiny joystick that could not satisfy her.which mouth would she use to tell her pastor or her people that she's not fulfilled s3xually in her marriage?pls,don't let your marriage be lyk dis.d shame alone would kill u.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2012
Lovely thread smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by passionate88: 8:36am On Oct 02, 2012
musKeeto:
And where have I ever claimed to be an atheist? You don't drink, smoke, womanise.. lol.. so you're pious? You, and most other so called Christians on Nl, thrive on pretending to be clean.. 'I'm not good, but at least I'm better than the next person'.. that, my friend, is hypocrisy....

And what's stopping you from born again? Why not give your life to Christ na? Maybe You desire to be a Christian but without those 'christian' rules abi, but just in case, you keep the christian backup plan, just in case.. just in case.. I know a lot of Xtians on Nl that would slam you for that attitude. Young man, you're either hot or cold... tongue

For me, I've passed the just in case point. I need the pastor's money to make my life cool. A few of them know about my beliefs, just in case you want to know. My beliefs does not make me a better or worse computer guy, does it?

I neva said I'm pious... I dnt claim 2 b what I'm nt and I dnt pretend... And yes u said u ain't a muslim neither r u a Christian.. So what are u?.. I've NEVER said I'm better than any1... That tag should go to u.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2012
Carius: Its very difficult for couples to admit to themselves or to any other person that they are not s3xually compatible.s3x is not synonymous wit sin.a lot of pple enta marriages wit pre-conceivd notions about intimacy such dat it would be easier to teach a pig how to sing than for them to change.i hate unpleasant surprises.it was here that i read d story of a lady who discovered dat d husband has a very tiny joystick that could not satisfy her.which mouth would she use to tell her pastor or her people that she's not fulfilled s3xually in her marriage?pls,don't let your marriage be lyk dis.d shame alone would kill u.
Goshen, Frosbel, Pastor kun, jagbaje and other anointed men of God, your attention is seriously needed in the prayer room right now. I repeat, you are to sprint to the prayer room now.
We have a situation at hand. We need all the spiritual ammunitions that you can conjure. Please note that this is of utmost priority thanks.
The congregation is to stand in the gap and continue with their intense intercessory prayers. *shakes head vigoruously chantting 'you spirit of heretic and misleading analogy DIE! DIE!! DIE!!! By fire DIE! DIE!! DIE!!! DDDDIIIIiIIIEeEEEEEEeEE!!!!' and then goes into a trance*
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2012
davidylan: Typing on an iPad isn't fun but here goes a tiny bit... My biggest problem when it comes to women has been threefold.... Family pressures and the need to absolutely dictate who I marry,
Lets take it one after the other. I think in this time and age, all those dictation by family members should be long forgone. Back in this days when parents would say, this girl is from this family, dont marry, that girl is from awujale's family, marry her. In this time, no parent or family should dictate cos they are not going to be there with the couple 24hrs. We issues comes up, the couple would have to deal with that first before taking it beyond the boundaries of their home. However, we must still listen to our parent but they should only guide and not dictate. I would have married someone who already had a child, but my family pressurize me not to do it cos its some how not right in Yoruba land. I listened to them and later saw that they are right. Parents/ family can advice/guide but shouldn't dictate

davidylan:
indecisiveness on my part and the inherent fear that it may not work out.
Almost every guy that has gotten experience in life and also very conscious have this challenge. It mostly occur when we have many options and having to pick one ahead of the other poses great challenge. Im presently going through same at the moment but i told them in clear terms that God will direct on whom to pick,
davidylan:
One thing I find out over the course of the last few years.... My best experiences with women have been those who were not "card carrying church members". It's as if the girls on the outside seem to understand what true submission, respect and how to relate with a man far far better than your regular bible thumpers who are ready to argue with u over the smallest things.
I said something similar to this yesterday. Its as if those in church now are proud and feeling too big. Our MOG dont preach good behaviour and manners. Parents themselves have a lot to do in this regard. Pastors will only be telling them, 'dont worry, ur boaz is coming, just believe it' Pastors forget to tell them that they have to be of good behaviours like Ruth, hannah, Sarah and Esther. Honestly i dont care where ever she comes from. Provided she suits my taste and at least possess 70% of the qualities im looking for in a potential partner, i'll go for her

davidylan:
My simple motto.... Never marry a woman who is more spiritual than you, it will NOT work. At the end of the day what you want is a woman who understand s what it means to be your helpmeet, rock and chief supporter than the one who thinks her faith should be superior to her role in the home.
Very correct. I do pray a prayer that God should make me better than my wife in all spheres of life.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2012
I've taken my time to read most of the posts here:surely,we have great minds here...mature to the marrow. Though I don't cajol all the "diapers" of opinion here. I'm 32, getting married by April but still a virgin...courtesy of my self will...prayers,and engagement of my mind into so many positive things. Easy? NO! Though I jacked off in many occassions(I cried).God is faithful; He has seen me through.My still being a virgin is a personal covenant between me and God (when I was 16). I have to keep my part,and He has blessed me abundantly. The sexual energy has been coverted into heavy investment(talent discoveries) that will see me through(Financially) for the rest of my life.I'm blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2012
passionate88: I neva said I'm pious... I dnt claim 2 b what I'm nt and I dnt pretend... And yes u said u ain't a muslim neither r u a Christian.. So what are u?.. I've NEVER said I'm better than any1... That tag should go to u.
In your myopic world view, if one isn't a xtian or muslim, then he's an atheist? Lord, have mercy on your people, they perish for lack of knowledge...
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2012
nnafather: I've taken my time to ready most of the posts here:surely,we have great minds here...mature to the marrow. Though I don't cajol all the "diapers" of opinion here. I'm 32, getting married by April but still a virgin...courtesy of my self will...prayers,and engagement of my mind into so many positive things. Easy? NO! Though I jacked off in many occassions(I cried).God is faithful; He has seen me through.My still being a virgin is a personal covenant between me and God (when I was 16). I have to keep my part,and He has blessed me abundantly. The sexual energy has been coverted into heavy investment(talent discoveries) that will see me through(Financially) for the rest of my life.I'm blessed.
A honest and simple submission.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2012
RedReact:
I've watched my parents closely and I discovered that they don't hold offences against each other. When I was young, I used to think all faults were committed by my father while my mother was an angel but now discovered that my mother too would be at faults just as my father too, but they chose to let love prevail.
The main thing is that we should always apply is Ephesians 5:22-33.
That should be the hallmark. Tolerance, love and understanding. Moreso there are some unions that are ordained from heaven. such unions do last forever/till death. That should be our watchword. Before u choose, ask God for guidance
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Carius(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2012
A smart businessman would always do his "due diligence".u would neva buy a product without checking it out.All truths are parallel,blind faith would not save u,cos ur faith shoudn't be blind in d first place.better a failed relationship than a failed marriage.just take a look at d divorce statistics.love alone isn't enough.lets not deceive ourselves.its not d big things that are responsible for faile marriages,its d little things.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2012
ledafaze:
over 50 yrs and still counting

This ur parent na dem big ooooo
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2012
Gracious10: Another question I will ask:

Does God show people who their partners are? cos I hv seen so many xtians who claimed God told them to they are meant to be together and they are divorced today. If there is a unique way of knowing these things, someone should pls share.
Yes God does. Just that some pple are deceptive and out of greed and lust, they lie against God. There are various ways of asking for Gods guidance. U can set a test and them tell God to allow the correct person to pass. I'll give u an example. sometime in 2010, two pastors invited my pastor to minister in their church respectively on the same day. My pastor was contemplating on which he wanted to attend. He said he prayed to God that since he doesnt want to disappoint any of them. He said anyone them who visits him after that Sunday's service, will be the person out of the two that he would be attending his church. Behold one of them came about 5mins before we shared the grace that day/. My pastor decided to say it openly to the congregation.

It works like that at times
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2012
etunoman76:

Believe it or not, I met my wife on the social media, Badoo. We got married last year October, and I got to say she's the complete package to me. I have been thanking God for making our paths cross. Yes, we do have our differences and stuffs, but man, she means everything to me. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!
Works for some and doesnt work for some. at least 30% will be genuine and 70% will be fake. I believe most social media relationship are built of seexxx and lust whilst few are marriage ending relationships
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2012
bbpreye:

You met your wife on Badoo, that's serious shit!
90% of the people on Badoo are flirts including you and me so guy as they saying goes, "garri will remain garri even if its mixed with semo". Really serious shit! But God is with you!

All the best!
Thats what im saying oooo. All these twitter, yahoo messenger BBM things sef
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2012
davidylan: One thing I find out over the course of the last few years.... My best experiences with women have been those who were not "card carrying church members". It's as if the girls on the outside seem to understand what true submission, respect and how to relate with a man far far better than your regular bible thumpers who are ready to argue with u over the smallest things.
My simple motto.... Never marry a woman who is more spiritual than you, it will NOT work. At the end of the day what you want is a woman who understand s what it means to be your helpmeet, rock and chief supporter than the one who thinks her faith should be superior to her role in the home.
What you are insinuating about church ladies is true. Many of Christian ladies allow their lives, especially marital life, to be run by world's standard and thereby getting confused themselves.
A church lady played some kind of pranks on me, in fact, she played the game well and I made up my mind never to be interested in any of these so called church sisters. The truth therein is that we have 90% of church sisters/brothers but 10% of christian sisters/brothers.
What can we do then? Ask God for His leading because there are many deceivers in our churches these days.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2012
Godspikin: For me i have some questions i would like answers to

Question 1: I would like truly born again brothers who have a fiancee to answer this (or an honest spiritual and matured response)...
My question is simple "Do you fantasize about your fiancee in the context of marriage" dis is what i mean, do you think of her sexually, in the context of her being your wife, not now that you are still courting.
Pls note that both of you believe in and are committed to sex after marriage

I will prefer that married people answer this...
Question 2: As a born again christian will it be appropriate to have MouthAction with your wife or either ways. Is it a sin?

1. Please marry someone you are sexually attracted to and its no sin to think about how the sex will be with your spouse after marriage. Over-spiritualizing sex is the major cause of rift in christain homes.

1.Cor.7:36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

2. Your body is her body, and her body yours ; you can do anything with your spouse after wedding, as far as both parties are in agreement. But like the bible states, let everything be done in moderation.

1.Cor.7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2012
Timijo: But the bible says, Gnd hates divorce.
God hates divorce, but if ur wife would lead u to hell, will u still be married to her?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by akanmumi(f): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2012
@guitarlife
I ve some serious doubts abt u?
Its either u re not a virgin as u claim or u re gradually backsliding.
Kissing and caressing is already a sin.
Then, u dnt sound like someone who rili has God's calling upon his life.cos if u re sure God wants to use u, u ll be engross in ur vision and how to fulfill ur vision.
U nid to go bck to God,cleanse urself from all filtiness and assure God that what ever plans he has for u ll be fullfilled.
Cos, sexual sin is the fastest killer of destiny .until u conquer it, u ll kip struggling spiritually and u may never bi able to withstand the days of tribulation.
Pls get this books 1) by kenneth E haggins--vision,plan and pursuits.
2)By david abioye--walking in the Newness of life.
May the lord help us.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2012
toba: God hates divorce, but if ur wife would lead u to hell, will u still be married to her?

You can divorce, but you should not marry another, except your spouse is dead.

1.Cor.7:39  The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2012
chuksonu: I am 37yrs old and single.Lots of issues are responsible for this.Anyway it's difficult somehow for me to get a real wife now that my story has changed.This is because I don,t reside in Nigeria and don,t believe in arranged marriage.I visits Nig at least twice in a year and any girl I come across now is always interested in marriage and I hate being pushed.tot it was better for a man to woo a lady for marriage instead of the other way round.I am planing to come home early next year to settle down so that I will be able to know who is real.Putting God first,I hope I will find my wifey soon as I believe she is somewhere right now.
'Arrangee' marriages hardly works these days cos u need to study who ever u are dating very well. There are so many desperate ladies out there and once they know u are not domiciled in Nigeria, they'll jump at you to suck u dry. Ur best bet is to settle down and pick ur choice. I must say u are quite old a bit oo. Gods time is the best.

Why dont u start dating now and begin the studying instead of waiting till u return home?
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2012
Guitarlife: Pa Toba lol. This is for you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2012
dee-zed:
Hmmmm!*heaving a sigh of relief*

Almost 24 and had made up my mind to lose it within 6months. But with all these posts/comments, who said I can't go 5 more yrs. Tanx y'all!

I used to fantasize about presenting my brand new, unused joystick to my wife on our wedding night as my ultimate gift. Well, I now got my fantasies back!

And special thanks to Gracious10. I guess applyin your aforementioned methods should see an end to my falling for indecent movie clips every 5-6 months when the pressure gets unbearable.

Nice tips on searching and finding the right one. But am currently neither dating nor actively searching. Just silently praying for her, wherever she is. Focusing on my housemanship, service year and a MSc but looking and making friends though.

Thanks once again, my new found NL fam.
Thats the best. academic pursuit first and every other thing later
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by RedReact: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2012
toba: U can set a test and them tell God to allow the correct person to pass. I'll give u an example. sometime in 2010, two pastors invited my pastor to minister in their church respectively on the same day. My pastor was contemplating on which he wanted to attend. He said he prayed to God that since he doesnt want to disappoint any of them. He said anyone them who visits him after that Sunday's service, will be the person out of the two that he would be attending his church. Behold one of them came about 5mins before we shared the grace that day/. My pastor decided to say it openly to the congregation.

It works like that at times

Taat is called fleecing.
It is not meant to be used at all times, just as you said.
At times, why God may not show many of us is because we have a prototype in our hearts and now tell God to show who to marry. If we now ask God to show us, we tend to get dissapointed in it.
One thing I have learnt about God is that he is multi-dimensional in His works. In 2008, the Lord brought a lady my way. This lady, I didn't like her at all because far back in 2004, she did something I didn't like at all. At that time, I never knew her name and she never knew mine. When it got to 2008, I was having problem with myself because of this lady and I resulted into prayers and even told 2 of my bosom friends and a spiritual mother too. Though the girl put up a dubious attitude, but what surprised me most was the way the Lord brought the lady came my way
Re: Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2012
passionate88: As for me, I'm a student, I'm a Christian but not born again, when I do marry I won't give a damn if she's a virgin or not, divorcee or not, I wouldn't care even if she's older than me.. All that I ask is that she respect nd obey me, don't "carry" the Church on her head and she should love d gym..
I hope u know the implication of making the wrong choice. Its not about virginity alone but also about character. I'm just wondering if u will marry someone older than u as a man and expect her to be 100% submissive. lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Pastor Turns Woman’s Hair Into ‘Delicious Food’ And Worshippers Eat It (Photos) / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.