Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? (20710 Views)

Meet The Women On 20 Naira Note. / The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You? / Echidime(the Women Prey/scammer) Is Back In Nl As Occultist!All Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
free2ryhme:

Did you leave your sense of humor in the toilet? cheesy
U say? tongue
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
hahahaha this got me LOL...i had to laugh cool
free2ryhme:

Did you leave your sense of humor in the toilet? cheesy
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by free2ryhme: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
slimyem: I chose to not to comment on this thread intially because i'm tired of defending myself against all the prejudice,stereotyping and discrimination against women(one of the reason why i'm gradually packing up from the Romance section) which is basically what obtains on Nairaland these days.
This thread has given the word uninterested a different meaning which is unintelligent!!
Seriously?
One even said 99.9 percent of female Nairalanders are unintelligent..
I have availed myself in the politics section a few times especially when its issues surrounding my state which is what i'm more aware of and more interested in.I even challenged a male poster id withheld on his comments once and the only thing he had to say was "its okay that you do not agree with me.you are a woman!"
The chauvinism on here is unrivalled and it dampens one's spirit in every way.
I can only speak for myself and all i can say is i do not see the point in arguing and debating endlessly with people that see my gender first before seeing what my contribution is!

Can you be dat gullible? Do you take everything here serious? Shsss.. In this forum anything is obtainable
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by pafestula(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
PS: Not kobojunkie's type of intelligence
(pseudo-intellectual) - that thing just argues
blindly with the same insane rhetorical
crap... We need some female critical
thinkers!!
@ kobojunkie.....I'm waiting for yr take on dis, before I know what to say! because several people re complaining bitterly abt u and yr knowledge!
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
sanb: you've got fans girl and anyone who thinks that because you don't write all your phrases in the queen’s English language hence you're not intelligent should better think again... cheesy
*blushing*
Emm... As for Iya Charles English, I apply my vowels and consonants wen needed.So to d haters/ragga muffin excrembres... *thinking* I'll brb wiv my ammunitions.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nairaland is quite boring these days, so don't blame the females for their inactivity. Intelligent and knowledgeable discussions in the forum are so hard to find and if you eventually find one, it doesn't take long before it digresses into a prejudicial discussion. So I don't blame the females for not wanting to engage in such an activity. Anyway, one of the women I really really admire in nairaland is chaircover, you dont to need to study her for long to find out she's a wise woman, like pastor the late Bimbo Odukoya. Her husband must be a proud man.
Kobojunkie is smart, but she's annoying. Other smart cool ladies here i admire are MsDarkskin, ogugua, egba girl, nnenna1. . . cant remember their usernames.
To those blaming chauvism and misandry among nairaland men, get a life.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by AngelEbi(f): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
spykid014: We're right here 0h.
Thing is, we're so busy with work nd all, we get home late, make dinner for husbands/bfs/children, chores. Women just have a lot to do everytime!

We sit back and observe. Lol.

Exactly my dear, most of d tyms, we just ave enof strenght to read, nt comment.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
sanb: you've got fans girl and anyone who thinks that because you don't write all your phrases in the queen’s English language hence you're not intelligent should better think again... cheesy

oh yes...am her number one fan..together with sexkillz,coogar,ogugua,slimyem,freecocoa,deshclones,mynd_44 e.t.c, they made romance section so fun to be at that i had to join...
From the first page, i knew it was a matter of time before the women win this ish...plus without the females, the male wouldn't be here at the first place...we complement each other!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by akanmumi(f): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
I like this topic and its an opportunity for me to speak my mind.
I ve been a guest on NL for a longtime b4 taking up this Id.
NL has become a forum where pple abuse themselves ,disrespect and curse one another just because the other person doesn't buy your point.
And then the issue of "garri","how does this affect the price........?" All these and many more re the reasons why pple re ignoring the thread no matter how informative or educative it is.
I hope we reexamine ourselves and start being constructive and objective rather than been sentimental over issues.
God bless nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by specialguest(f): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
I assume this is a rolll call. PRESENT MA
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by kaboninc(m): 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
ogugua88:

What is the definition of IQ? And what does an IQ exam measure? I doubt it measures the ability of a Yoruba man to verbally attack a Hausa man, or an Igbo man, or a man of another tribe.

It is the same IQ you claim reigns in tribal arguments that George W Bush possesses. One can use big words and form arguments. It certainly doesn't mean that person is intelligent. Part of what makes a person intelligent is the ability to comprehend and to formulate ideas and express them in a precise and eloquent manner. By this definition, I've never seen intelligence in any tribal thread.
Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by OILOFGLADNESS: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
virgo: Dear Nairaland females, where are you all? A quick perusal of topics in different sections as well as the home page, show that the men participate more in discussions than us females. Nairaland is seriously beginning to feel like sausage factory. Even the ads on this website belong to male entrepreneurs. Seun has to do a Nairaland census to find out the ratio of men to women because the testosterone level on this website is alarming. If you are a female on Nairaland, please show yourselves.

Much love kiss kiss kiss

Concerned Nairaland female.

i dont think we are sleeping, i know i have only posted one topic but as for comment, i do that regularly but only on interesting and mature post
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by kaboninc(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
ogugua88:

What is the definition of IQ? And what does an IQ exam measure? I doubt it measures the ability of a Yoruba man to verbally attack a Hausa man, or an Igbo man, or a man of another tribe.

It is the same IQ you claim reigns in tribal arguments that George W Bush possesses. One can use big words and form arguments. It certainly doesn't mean that person is intelligent. Part of what makes a person intelligent is the ability to comprehend and to formulate ideas and express them in a precise and eloquent manner. By this definition, I've never seen intelligence in any tribal thread.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ikekings(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
lalaosky: Am so glad this topic made the front page and some guys didnt dissappoint with their chavunistic views..
So cos' a lady bases on the romance section, it now makes her unintelligent?..SMH...
Shymexx, i respect your opinion alot but you really disappointed me with your earlier crap!
(no pun intended)..
Some of this chavunistic guys joined nairaland soley on the purpose of wooing ladies and since the ladies couldn't pay any mind to them, they paint them as being lazy and other useless derogatory words the fools that do such use in describing them.
I am enraged that someone said idowu is not intelligent simply cos she is fun to be with...for that id!ot's info, i go die is buying costly cars right from his comedy/jokes!!..if he wasnt so stupid, he would have noticed the likes of ogugua,idowu,slimyem,freccocoa,kobojunkie,callotti,nayah,chaircover,jennykadry,goldieluks,sisi_kill(how i love this gurl's intelligence),shollypopz,OP and other fabolous gurls of NL(that i cant keep mentioning cos of time) that makes this place tick!!
We guys talk so much of politics yet we go home to meet our different wonderful spouses(romance section)...DOUBLE STANDARDS i tell ya!!
Last year, i gave my uncle an advice chaircover posted on thread which directly reflects what my uncle was passing through at that time with her new married wife..he heed my advice(chaircover's own by the way) and today, the marriage is still waxing strong!!.
I never gave kudos to chaircover but deep within me, i am forever indebted to her.
The only intelligence i see in the politics section is BIGOTRY and TRIBAL SLURS!!
Am a male but i rep the females' on this one
Chineke!!! Take a look at ”ifeanyi“ ooo, blowing grammar... Anyways, nice write-up you don dey learn shaa... That's my boy.. I'm proud of you...
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by onila(f): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: I'm 'agent provocateur' and I see women are coming out to challenge my assertion... I'm loving it... Let's see more women in the politics and foreign affairs sections, I'm tired of seeing just Desola and Crayola1 in there...

Let's do this, strong black women - and challenge the status quo...I prefer female intellectuals, to their male counterparts... Females are emotional beings and they're naturally more sensitive to humanity....

*Back to bed*

cool cool
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
ikekings: Chineke!!! Take a look at ”ifeanyi“ ooo, blowing grammar... Anyways, nice write-up you don dey learn shaa... That's my boy.. I'm proud of you...
No b only Chineke na Osanobua u for shout na! U need to hire Ifeanyi so he can help polish ur tabonistic syndrome. tongue
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ikekings(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
Idowuogbo:
No b only Chineke na Osanobua u for shout na! U need to hire Ifeanyi so he can help polish ur tabonistic syndrome. tongue
Lol... Which kind grammar be this? ”TABONISTIC“... I don't need him to polish me, I'm already polished... **gentleman to the core** grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by firestar(f): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=13pt]Heh heh heh.... grin

(Charging her solar flares... angry)

More or less, Chaircover asked the same question... wink
cool
No need for unnecessary arguments. Once facts are laid down in full colour...
Perish the arguments.[/size]
undecided
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
ikekings: Chineke!!! Take a look at ”ifeanyi“ ooo, blowing grammar... Anyways, nice write-up you don dey learn shaa... That's my boy.. I'm proud of you...

lwkmd....nna lekwanu ifeanyi oooo...i got my inspiration from dailynews long epistles...
Was a viewer untill one guy said idowu is unintelligent, na im i provoke...lol..no mynd me jare...na my werey alter ego type am..lmao
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by ikekings(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
lalaosky:

lwkmd....nna lekwanu ifeanyi oooo...i got my inspiration from dailynews long epistles...
Was a viewer untill one guy said idowu is unintelligent, na im i provoke...lol..no mynd me jare...na my werey alter ego type am..lmao
Oooohhh!! Don't worry i will sponsor your night out with ”idowu“ tonight...**ije love**
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by wendybaby(f): 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
kissQ= What happened to the women on NL
Ans=
I have been very busy
with biz, office , home front, every every.
but I enjoy NL. Cant forget my frnds here in a hurry!
ID, CC, BB, Ogu..,JK, etc, etc. sorry if ur name
isnt here now. havent forgotten u.

I LOVE U SWEET MAMAS

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by LaraBabatunde: 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
You know we don't get rash mouth.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by SirFidelis(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: When I said 99% of the female posters on NL are not intellectuals/intelligent, a couple of people thought I was being cocky... undecided undecided

Most of the female posters on NL say things, I already know - we need some intelligent women on this forum... I visit a lot of forums and I see women hold their own in different subject matter - from politics, culture, foreign policy, military hardware, to sports. However, I'm yet to see that on NL, except last week when I saw Desola's back and forth with Gbawe. It's just shameful that most of the women on here only talk about celebrities, family, and romance - who cares about that??

I need some women up in here to stimulate me intellectually!!!

PS: Not kobojunkie's type of intelligence(pseudo-intellectual) - that thing just argues blindly with the same insane rhetorical crap... We need some female critical thinkers!!
I beg to disagree with you.In general,some females are quite intelligent and knowledgeable(even more than a few male Nairalanders,whose brains only 'work' when making prejudiced remarks).But,I must say that such females are hard to find here on Nairaland,though a handful of them are here.
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by blackbeau1(f): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: When I said 99% of the female posters on NL are not intellectuals/intelligent, a couple of people thought I was being cocky... undecided undecided

Most of the female posters on NL say things, I already know - we need some intelligent women on this forum... I visit a lot of forums and I see women hold their own in different subject matter - from politics, culture, foreign policy, military hardware, to sports. However, I'm yet to see that on NL, except last week when I saw Desola's back and forth with Gbawe. It's just shameful that most of the women on here only talk about celebrities, family, and romance - who cares about that??

I need some women up in here to stimulate me intellectually!!!

PS: Not kobojunkie's type of intelligence(pseudo-intellectual) - that thing just argues blindly with the same insane rhetorical crap... We need some female critical thinkers!!
and,the male folk on nairaland are intelligent and critical?
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by virgo(f): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
sanb: @op... How is my home girl today? Hope you are doing good...well for me, the topic determines if I’ll make a contribution or not...if it interest me then I’ll make a comment otherwise I just read and pass!!! cheesy

Sometimes the male folks here on NL are quite aggressive and harsh (no offense to my great NL guys) smiley just stating the home truth...but again sometimes it’s the time factor, work as well as other commitments. NL is a wonderful place to gain knowledge and I have learnt a lot from some of the credible advice that people give... wink

Hey dear, I did great today, thanks kiss kiss

And I am glad you and so many others took time to respond to the biting comments by some men here.

For those men who dropped intelligent comments while assessing the situation. kiss kiss

Thanks all. *Virgo exits thread*
Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Kechybee(f): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
We are with you guys. Been very very busy. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Women On Nairaland? by Emary(f): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Seun, If you want more female participation, allow groups or threads where we can invite or approve members before they come in and drop them if their comments become too abusive. If we see their past posts, we can judge their characters and decide if we want to interact with them. You can then direct adverts based on the group contents to reach the target groups. You can still have your general threads but people will participate more if they feel they can communicate with people of class or with meaningful contributions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Yahoo Yahoo Boys On Fortune Magazine / The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures / Nairaland Forum Participation Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.