Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark (12614 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Maku Is Interim Defence Minister, Other Ministers Appionted Caretakers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2012
@free2ryhme get something right in ur life first, before talkin leadership.

@dividus, u are on point.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by remmyton(f): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Toks2008:

Lets face it, is telephone really for the poor? We need to look at that statement and we will see that telephone was definitely not for the poor as at the time he made that statement and even now when you consider the cost of recharge cards and when you say poor i believe he meant the real poor people who can barely afford 3 square meals.

I just love that guy for so many reasons.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by mbulela: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2012
acidtalk:

Maku should look back and see the lifes of Jerry Gana, Audu Ogba, Fani Kayode, Ojo Madueke and tell us if they didn't say and do worse than he is doing presently. Nothing last forever.
good point you have there.
if he looks at the lives of those guys he will see no reason to change.
For all the curses Nigerians rained on those guys, they are still part of the gravy train and save for a revolution will be part of it till they go to the grave.
Give me one reason why Maku should be any different?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2012
Intrepid!:
Did David Mark think before opening his yap to say 'Telephones are not for the poor'? A clear case of the kettle calling the pot black.
gbam! They are all careless talkers!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2012
David Mark got emotional and emotions dont play a role where intelligence matters. What Maku said was right, and David Mark knows that. Their resolution was advisory, they can NOT mandate Presidency to drop the currency restructuring. The President had the legal authority or "Power" to move on with the currency restructuring but chose to not do so cos of the clamor from the masses NOT because senate said so. Maku was right, David Mark is only emotional because Maku watered down the thoughts that Senate 'mandated' Presidency to drop the restructuring and enlightened Nigerians that Senate had no powers to force presidency to drop the policy except on the advisory level. David Mark is wrong in this case. Full Stop
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by mbulela: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2012
by the way, David Mark is the scum of the earth as far as the political class is concerned.
the likes of Ibori and Uba can seize all the front page for their corrupt tendencies, however i believe that the likes of Mark are more dangerous to our collective polity due to their consistent and insistent effort to maintain the status quo. the status quo is what is killing this country and men like David Mark are the greatest proponents.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by sylve11: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2012
acidtalk: In the land of the Blind there is always a one eyed man.

David Mark is the one eyed man in this Republic (amongst the entire Legislative, Judiciary and Executive arm). Once a soldier always a soldier so I am not surprised at all.

As for that illiterate called Maku, I think he needs to be sent back to the Labour market because that dude is truly a careless talker.

Isn't it the same foo*l that called Nigerian youths "Jobless miscreants" during the fuel subsidy protest. The same youths the government he belongs didn't employ, feeling reluctant to pay a meager N18,000 minimum wage.

Maku should look back and see the lifes of Jerry Gana, Audu Ogba, Fani Kayode, Ojo Madueke and tell us if they didn't say and do worse than he is doing presently. Nothing last forever.

lol @ the bolded part, nairaland i dey hail o grin grin grin cool
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Chanchit: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: I just like dis David Mark. He has guts to tell the Western World(US,UK AND Allies) to fuxk off with their aids money for homo laws. He has guts to give this dull administration a good kickin to fix up their act and would certainly have the guts for a stand off with Cameroon just like Abacha.

2015, he is the man to watch. grin

Who u dey watch.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ABsI1: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2012
belovedaja:
you have just displayed the attitude of a fool
i guess u mean ur own attitude. Abi? Mr Double Full
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ABsI1: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2012
belovedaja:
you have just displayed the attitude of a fool
i guess u mean ur own attitude. Abi? Mr Double Fuul
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Abujafood: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2012
Mr Maku,

My humble advice to you - Look before you leap!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by normac: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2012
Lol, saying David Mark shouldn't criticize Maku because of his past antecedents would amount to the fallacy of argument against the man, as opposed to the man's point. For the record, I agree with David Mark's analysis of Labaran Maku, doesn't stop me from still holding my opinion that David Mark is a dishonest Arrow who should be sharing a cell right now with his bum buddy IBB cool
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by goddymon: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2012
Na the dame ppl they no themselves and where to meat and correct their silly talks 4get them jare!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by normac: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2012
LMAO! " dishonest arrow" W.tf?? I wrote "dishonest T.WAT" for the record grin
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2012
Billyonaire: David Mark got emotional and emotions dont play a role where intelligence matters. What Maku said was right, and David Mark knows that. Their resolution was advisory, they can NOT mandate Presidency to drop the currency restructuring. The President had the legal authority or "Power" to move on with the currency restructuring but chose to not do so cos of the clamor from the masses NOT because senate said so. Maku was right, David Mark is only emotional because Maku watered down the thoughts that Senate 'mandated' Presidency to drop the restructuring and enlightened Nigerians that Senate had no powers to force presidency to drop the policy except on the advisory level. David Mark is wrong in this case. Full Stop

A very logical and objective thought process you have displayed. Good job.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2012
normac: LMAO! " dishonest arrow" W.tf?? I wrote "dishonest T.WAT" for the record grin
T*w*a*t, wow. my Grand father called me that name when I was a kid. Memories! David Mark is wrong, and he knows it. He only got emotional because he thinks his words should be authority even when the Constitution doesnt say so.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by zeal500: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2012
Maku again.....the man dt said dt it was GEJ dt brought face book to 9ja\

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by GCRS87: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Abeg who be Labaran Maku? He has been missing for long now. He was punishd by my great grand fada for talkin at a tym he is not suppos to.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by bong4(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2012
All of you praising David Mark have forgotten that he is the father of careless talks. Someone who said that mobile phone is not meant for the poor when he was minister of communications in the late 80s and early 90s; Someone who said that a private in the Nigerian Army is better than a Uniersity graduate is definitely a careless talker and should be put in the same category as Labaran Maku.In a sane society such people wont be any where close to the senate but this is Nigeria---ANYTHIG GOES!!!!

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by balladin: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2012
Labaran Maku once snapped at a journalist "if oil subsidy removal is such a bad idea, why did Ghana adopt it". That showed me how shallow his level of reasoning was. Clearly he hadn't understood why Nigerians took to the streets. He indeed talks carelessly and thoughtlessly.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by 10over101: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2012
Intrepid!:

Even if he was right, Government Officials are supposed to careful with their utterances lest they cause disaffection among the populace. America is filled with crackheads but you wont hear Obama admitting it publicly.
Toks2008 and Intrepid"..I like the way u guys are shearing your views maturely.. Some idiots up there are always quick to insult one another whenever they are having diff opinions..yea Mark n Maku tinz..Mark had actually apologized to nigerians but he was kinda right to some extent..People are beginning to tick him for 2015...Really, he is a relaxed n composed man, but should we continue to have a recycling system of govt in the country? Don't forget dat dis same Mark was once a Gov during Military era..Benue gov I guess..
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2012
acidtalk: In the land of the Blind there is always a one eyed man.

David Mark is the one eyed man in this Republic (amongst the entire Legislative, Judiciary and Executive arm). Once a soldier always a soldier so I am not surprised at all.

As for that illiterate called Maku, I think he needs to be sent back to the Labour market because that dude is truly a careless talker.

Isn't it the same foo*l that called Nigerian youths "Jobless miscreants" during the fuel subsidy protest. The same youths the government he belongs didn't employ, feeling reluctant to pay a meager N18,000 minimum wage.

Those men are very wealthy courtesy of Nigerian money oo. They still drive in convoys and use SSS.

I dont want to mention names. Once in power, always in power.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2012
talk true: Where I like most is "
[size=14pt]Will they learn from it?[/size]

If they will agree to attend my evening lectures.

YES:/
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by mallorca(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2012
tunapawizzy: d matter pepper DavidMark well well........ i no fit laff
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by oladayo042: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2012
Is this not the same Mark that wanted to censor the internet?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2012
e.code:
Rubbish!!! Who is f00ling who here? After much insult from both men, they will go and settle at the joint where the National Cake is been shared.

Dont mind dem. My dear, if you get there, you will know that this world is sweet.

They are like actors(politicians) entertaining an audience(masses). And it benefits us nothing.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Dollarman101: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Maku was right in what he said now. The senate president could not jus take the truth, so he had to jus speak out of emotions which is very wrong for a senate president. He is the one that is a careless talker, and should watch his tongue before it leads him into trouble.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Dollarman101: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
normac: Lol, saying David Mark shouldn't criticize Maku because of his past antecedents would amount to the fallacy of argument against the man, as opposed to the man's point. For the record, I agree with David Mark's analysis of Labaran Maku, doesn't stop me from still holding my opinion that David Mark is a dishonest Arrow who should be sharing a cell right now with his bum buddy IBB cool
gbam
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by dedeike: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
David Mark should shut up and face his duties. What makes Maku a careless talker? Because the man was courageous to say the truth?
This Senate President thinks too big of himself. Why is he furious about something he knows it's true? A senate resolution has no binding effect whatsoever.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Dollarman101: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
Why does the national assembly find it very difficult to accept the truth, when it been said. Mark, should understand the fact that he is the senate president and shoud know how to talk and be truthful to himself.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ideylaff: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: I just like dis David Mark. He has guts to tell the Western World(US,UK AND Allies) to fuxk off with their aids money for homo laws. He has guts to give this dull administration a good kickin to fix up their act and would certainly have the guts for a stand off with Cameroon just like Abacha.

2015, he is the man to watch. grin

Can Nigeria stand on her own 2 feet without the Western world..LOL and LOL again.....?. lets stop kidding ourselves.. even the Mark with his ego big mouth has all his stolen funds kept in the Western world

Dont be fooled by all these lousy people we call leaders... please

On to the next one, Mark also has a loud mouth 2 wia in the constitution is it that says NASS will instruct a president to sack a minister

Both parties are guilty.. and power drunk knobs... we are not moved or fooled by all ds noise... ooo
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bukkyade: 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

[b]Mark described Maku's comment as a careless talk. His words: "He (Maku) didn't think properly. I think the information minister is a careless talker. It was a careless talk. I hope that the president cautions him and calls him to order. He shouldn't educate us; we should educate him. For any minister who talks that carelessly next time, we will take a resolution asking the President to sack him. For those who ask ministers to bow and go when they come here for screening, this should be a hard lesson."

http://www.ediong.org/2012/09/mark-to-maku-youre-stupid-minister.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Mr Senate President, just listen to your self . "for any minister who talks carelessly next time, we will take a resolution ASKING THE PRESIDENT TO SACK HIM"

If your resolution is binding and not merely obligatory, you don't need the president to sack after passing such resolution.
If your resolution is powerful, then it should take automatic effect without the president's action.
You sounded very petty. You are the one who talked carelessly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen & Soldiers In A Gun-battle At Dongoyaro In Bauchi / Work For Zamfara People, Obi Urges Governor-elect / Bishop Wale Oke To Buhari: Your Silence Is Deafening, Giving Room For Gossips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.