Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark (12615 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Maku Is Interim Defence Minister, Other Ministers Appionted Caretakers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mekusnwa: 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
I have a feeling that mr senate President smoke supporter of APC during the last NASS reccess. Since he came back, he has been goofing like mad.
First he ranted about the stadium grass which his ad hoc committe on sports failed to notice and correct until Jonathan intervened.
Secondly, they asked for another increase in their allowances. The glutonic Senate.
Some days back, he asked for a new quarters to be erected for him due to security reasons.
Now he is calling a Minister careless talker for restating the obvious.
Even a kindergarten toddler knows that a mere resolution of a legislature has no force of law. What is binding is an act passed by them, not a resolution.
grin grin perhaps, when the supporter of APC clears, Mark will understand that he is the one talks recklessly.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Dpeacemaker101: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
David mark is talking like a saint, we all do his dealings in the military coup that happened in this country with abacha and danjuma. He was a military administrator in katsina state, and he looted out all the funds in the state treasury before heading over. Go to his own state, he has not created any impact on his people or his environment and he sits there and say someone is careless. He is a very careless and carefree individual and he should not be parading himself as a better person because Nigerians just forgot issues that concern him.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mallamabdul: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: I have a feeling that mr senate President smoke supporter of APC during the last NASS reccess. Since he came back, he has been goofing like mad.
First he ranted about the stadium grass which his ad hoc committe on sports failed to notice and correct until Jonathan intervened.
Secondly, they asked for another increase in their allowances. The glutonic Senate.
Some days back, he asked for a new quarters to be erected for him due to security reasons.
Now he is calling a Minister careless talker for restating the obvious.
Even a kindergarten toddler knows that a mere resolution of a legislature has no force of law. What is binding is an act passed by them, not a resolution.
grin grin perhaps, when the supporter of APC clears, Mark will understand that he is the one talks recklessly.
na true, the man just dey behave like mad man.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Chuksgeo: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
I think Mr. MARK has managed the senate faily in some issues but to me he stinks more than his other colleagues because the day I travelled to his senatorial zone I lost every respect I have for him period.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mallamabdul: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Chuksgeo: I think Mr. MARK has managed the senate faily in some issues but to me he stinks more than his other colleagues because the day I travelled to his senatorial zone I lost every respect I have for him period.
please help me tell them ooo
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by chrisxxx(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Those who blame Mark for his zone underdevelopment, will Mark use his allowances to develop his zone?
Mark will ensure that his home is developed with respect to its resource allocation.
The contention should be what has he done by way of personal assistance to improve manpower development in his region.

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by uzomagic(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
David Mark's comments are rash, childish and unworthy of a man of his age, experiences and position as President of Nigeria's foremost legislative house. It is unfortunate that after having spent 13 years as a Senator with five of those years as the Senate helmsman, Bonaventure Mark is yet unaware of the role of the legislature, their limitations and challenges. It is however understandable that the comment is coming from someone whose introduction to governance came on the platform of the despotic military where he held sway for decades, feeding fat on the Nation's resources without any form of checks and balances. From his infamous "telephone is not for the poor" statement as minister of information and communication to his involvement in the even more unpopular annulment of June 12 elections, Mark has shown with this latest rant that democratic tenets are yet to fully sink into his militarised psyche. Maku must be commended for his maturity, humility and genuine democratic credentials in apologising for telling the truth and saying it as it is. I think Mark is the one whose comments are not only childish and out of tune with democratic reality but also very CARELESS
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mekusnwa: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
ideylaff:

Can Nigeria stand on her own 2 feet without the Western world..LOL and LOL again.....?. lets stop kidding ourselves.. even the Mark with his ego big mouth has all his stolen funds kept in the Western world

Dont be fooled by all these lousy people we call leaders... please

On to the next one, Mark also has a loud mouth 2 wia in the constitution is it that says NASS will instruct a president to sack a minister

Both parties are guilty.. and power drunk knobs... we are not moved or fooled by all ds noise... ooo

Please lay liability where liability lies. On this one, mark got it wrong. He is the one who is power drunk by ascribing to himself powers that he does not enjoy. Who told Mark that he has the powers to sack a Minister? Which law permits a legislator to do so? Let him leave Maku alone. He is one of the Ministers that have earned my respect and that of many in this administration.
Look at the Media tour he is embarking upon at the moment. He is really doing well with information management more than any other minister of information in history.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mallamabdul: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
chrisxxx: Those who blame Mark for his zone underdevelopment, will Mark use his allowances to develop his zone?
Mark will ensure that his home is developed with respect to its resource allocation.
The contention should be what has he done by way of personal assistance to improve manpower development in his region.
what are you saying, did anyone ask him to use his personal funds? He is the number 3 citizen of this country for over 4yrs now, not mentioning other political positions he has held in this country. He can use all those offices to attract development to his zone or community atleast. So, with that i think he is the silly one
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Cute2peg(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
hmmmmm..am new in here
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
Does the Senate have the powers to stop the Presidency and indeed the CBN from carrying out currency restructuring ? The Answer is NO
Was Maku right in his assertion that Senate can only advise Presidency on the restructuring and such advise may or may not be heeded ? The answer is YES
Does the senate have the right to make a resolution on the Presidency to sack a Minister ? The Answer is YES, but not binding.
Is it Mandatory for the Presidency to heed to such resolution and sack the Minister ? The Answer is NO, Never.

Then from the above conditional statements, who is a careless Talker ? Your guess is as good as mine. DAVID MARK is the careless talker.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
We understand that Maku has tendered an apology over the statement. Sharp guy knows when to back down. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1058828/maku-apologises-senate-over-statement
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nomswilli(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
seriously...i personal hate 2hear him talk..he lacks d karisma of a minista of info.i certainly dont tink dat he realy tinks b4 speaking...
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by dedeike: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
HNosegbe: We understand that Maku has tendered an apology over the statement. Sharp guy knows when to back down. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1058828/maku-apologises-senate-over-statement
It was a political apology to massage over sized egos. It is obvious in the text of the apology letter. What does he need to apologise for? For saying the truth?
There is no where in our constitution where a resolution is giving the force of law. It's simply persuasive. It cannot be enforced mandatorily.
If they say a resolution is binding, then why has Arunma Otteh not been sacked? Why hasn't Jonathan appeared before the house to talk on security as resolved by the House?
So many resolutions of NASS have been observed in the breach before. David Mark surely knows this, hes just talking carelessly
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Ajillo: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
"Telephone is not for the poor"
Who made this statement? Is this statement a careful talk?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by dedeike: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nomswilli: seriously...i personal hate 2hear him talk..he lacks d karisma of a minista of info.i certainly dont tink dat he realy tinks b4 speaking...

Common shut up! What do you know about charisma? Look at even how you spelt" karisma". Maybe you re right after all. The man doesn't have karisma but charisma.
You are talking of a Renouned students union activist and distinguished Journalist who fought military dictatorship with his pen. In your dream, you can't come close to his pedigree.
Have you ever addressed a full class before talkless of mobilizing entire Nigerian students against Military rule.
What do you know about charisma?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Naijagunner83: 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nomswilli: seriously...i personal hate 2hear him talk..he lacks d karisma of a minista of info.i certainly dont tink dat he realy tinks b4 speaking...
If you were to see the karisma(sic) of a minister of information, will u be able to identify it? I "[i]personal[i]hate to read what u write
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Mandelaguy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Can somebody sincerely say what Maku said to deserve all this stick? If am asked,David Mark is a more careless talker.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Benito69(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Please leave Maku alone, He is the Information minister and He is only doing his job...passing any Information that his brain thinks of, no matter how silly it may be sound, through his mouth, to the world.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ATMCARD2(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
acidtalk: In the land of the Blind there is always a one eyed man.

David Mark is the one eyed man in this Republic (amongst the entire Legislative, Judiciary and Executive arm). Once a soldier always a soldier so I am not surprised at all.

As for that illiterate called Maku, I think he needs to be sent back to the Labour market because that dude is truly a careless talker.

Isn't it the same foo*l that called Nigerian youths "Jobless miscreants" during the fuel subsidy protest. The same youths the government he belongs didn't employ, feeling reluctant to pay a meager N18,000 minimum wage.

Maku should look back and see the lifes of Jerry Gana, Audu Ogba, Fani Kayode, Ojo Madueke and tell us if they didn't say and do worse than he is doing presently. Nothing last forever.
[color=#990000][/color]FRANK NWEKE JUNIOR.....were u on exile then?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by tjovial(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
I think Maku is a f**l. can't he see the way Dr. Doyin Okupe always address issues. You that call your self a trained journalist is now guilty of public speakingl its a sh*m*. sorry
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bukkyade: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
tjovial: I think Maku is a f**l. can't he see the way Dr. Doyin Okupe always address issues. You that call your self a trained journalist is now guilty of public speakingl its a sh*m*. sorry
You are the biggest fool for not having anything meaningful to contribute apart from this trash. You don't even know what he said else you wouldn't be misfiring tnis way.
Somebody said a Senate's resolution is not binding. How is that bad or untrue? You would rather have proved him wrong than go on a voyage of insults. Are you for real?
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by NaMe4: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
dedeike:
Common shut up! What do you know about charisma? Look at even how you spelt" karisma". Maybe you re right after all. The man doesn't have karisma but charisma.
You are talking of a Renouned students union activist and distinguished Journalist who fought military dictatorship with his pen. In your dream, you can't come close to his pedigree.
Have you ever addressed a full class before talkless of mobilizing entire Nigerian students against Military rule.

He he he grin

BTW, Maku is one of the ministers that has my full respect.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by NaMe4: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
dedeike:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Condemns Murder Of Afenifere Leader’s Daughter, Orders Investigation / Bishop Wale Oke To Buhari: Your Silence Is Deafening, Giving Room For Gossips / Adamu Adamu: We’ll Clear Anything Blocking Our Way To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.