Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (26388 Views)

Poll: UK or US?

United Kingdom: 29% (45 votes)
United States: 70% (109 votes)
This poll has ended

US Family Preference Visa Waiters Lounge / Are Medical Doctors Given Any Preference, As Regards UK Tourist Visa's? / Canada or Uk which one is your preference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:45am On May 31, 2006
Most nigerian come to the country with the hope of grabbing loads of pounds and going back as a made man

the reality is the queens money remains the queens money- the money just keep going in and going out of your account which is normal for residents because that's their home n u do everything to get comfy and with the system 
but most people don't want to integrate into  the system, they want the money to pile up n "ja" back to naija

if u want to live n be comfy life in the U.K/abroad your heart can't be in 2 places at once- not impossible but difficult

im sure there have been studies on this shizzle i'm no expert  grin

jsut googled some :
These immigrants are referred to as ‘transnationals’ or ‘transmigrants’ because they “develop and maintain multiple relations--familial, economic, social, organizational, religious, and political that span borders” (Glick Schiller, et al., 1992: 1-2).
http://www.africamigration.com/archive_02/c_adeyanju.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

i noticed it kinda hard sticking to the main topic after awhile _ sorry
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Most nigerian come to the country with the hope of grabbing loads of pounds and going back as a made man

the reality is the queens money remains the queens money- the money just keep going in and going out of your account which is normal for residents because that's their home n u do everything to get comfy and with the system
but most people don't want to integrate into the system, they want the money to pile up n "ja" back to naija

Word!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2006
Old Glory:

Your reputation for hating on the west is clear.

Honestly, i dont hate the West, in fact i made little COINS from the West. But i hate Over-blowing the west.

LoverBwoy:

Old Glory i don't really know myself undecided

but funny enough i have been thinking(can u see what this man is making me do shocked)

maybe
He went to the U.K on a 6months visiting Visa with the hope of getting a good job(manager) with his certificate(s) and experience from Nigeria, upon getting to the U.K , it was quite cold and everyone seem to be busy working and can't really assist him properly. He visited some places in and out of london even got a schengen visa went to Paris undecided. Still no Big Man job- visited the libraries queued up for the internet as there are just too many school kids playing games and watching Wrestling n Goals scored by Thierry Henry wink
the whole 6months was coming to an end did lots of research about the socio-economics of the U.K, listened to lots of Nigerians in peckham esp those without papers how they whinged and moaned about working working and working to get money no time to do owambe or even went to some owambe n was surprised how there were sooooo many nigerians esp those that were moaning about the weather n too much work

Went back to nigeria with loads of presents for the whole family including that young sister down the road wink cool
Ahh i just don't know only Mr Kola can tell us the ko ko (the main the main)

You be witch!

How did you get to know all these facts?
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2006
Loverbwoy

I see how it is!

Kola

That is what happened right? You are now stuck in Nigeria, and they have refused to renew your Visa! So you are now an angry Lad!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2006
Old Glory:

Loverbwoy

I see how it is!

Kola

That is what happened right? You are now stuck in Nigeria, and they have refused to renew your Visa! So you are now an angry Lad!

Oh my God!

Lord, i beg give me visa AGAINNNNNNNN o. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by sage(m): 8:07pm On May 31, 2006
@ Topic sorry 4 my digression

@Kola, i was just responding to ur 95% statistics. I was startled, but i was not trying to change the topic. I just broke down the stats 4 u and gave u the prices of computers to show u that anybody, again anybody that needs a computer could have one well within his reach. I had even thought u were talking of Nigeria cool. I was just telling u the facts. Ifu have a friend who has been a student in the U.S 4 a while ask him. Life is tough everywhere and anybody that wants to be stress free needs to commit suicide, not travel over to the west.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by sage(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2006
mochafella:

@Akolawole and Sage

I see say Akolawole and Sage don carry their Naija versus Yankee and Jand discussion reach here. We no want fight ooo. angry angry

grin grin cheesy.

No i have no probs with Kola. I just tell him the real truths and we debate. No infighting. As somebody who has spent some years in the two parts of the great divide, i can present a largely unbiased assesment of the two places.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2006
sage:

@Kola, i was just responding to your 95% statistics. I was startled, but i was not trying to change the topic. I just broke down the stats for you and gave u the prices of computers to show u that anybody, again anybody that needs a computer could have one well within his reach. I had even thought u were talking of Nigeria cool. I was just telling u the facts. Ifu have a friend who has been a student in the U.S 4 a while ask him. Life is tough everywhere and anybody that wants to be stress free needs to commit suicide, not travel over to the west.

I have never said anything regarding computers in US. Why should i? I know virtually nothing about Yankee.

I was quoting United Kingdom.

I repeat, Computers is not really within everyone's reach(as in affordability) in UK.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 10:47pm On May 31, 2006
Thank God you do not know "Anything about the US". God is great!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by desiree(f): 11:07pm On May 31, 2006
WoW, this thread is still on

grin grin grin
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Hotstepper(f): 11:12pm On May 31, 2006
diz is still on
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2006
To all you Brits

Them Fcuken Arabs are at it again. They keep trying to make chemical weapons to hurt people. These people are savages. And you guys come here and say the UK is better than the USA. These rag wearing bandits are going to kill more innocent people in the UK until they are brought to Justice. UK is filled with these "Sand Nigga$" and thank God they are in check in the US. www.cnn.com or www.bbc.com
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by desiree(f): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2006
You obviously have had a bad personal exprience with them Asian blokes. Lost a girl to one of them or what cool
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2006
Desiree

Arabs not Asians. I just think they have Hijacked their religion for personal gains. And there are too many of them in London. Did not lose nothing to them. In the US they are very timid and in the UK the are very vocal. I guess it is because they are not many here (Thank God). But yeah a bit too many in the UK for my comfort.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by desiree(f): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2006
I agree with you there and the reason is that the UK is very welcoming to people from all works of life and encourage them to express themselves with whatever platform the wish to use. It would have been the same case for Nigerians in the UK too, if they wanted to but we Nigerians are just too busy with other thing to be bothered with terrorism in the name of religion.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by tInyDimE: 1:04am On Jun 03, 2006
sik thread all i gota say is US all the way baby my momz british livves and works there so i been there a lot and def cant stand the small shit but it aint their fault the country small as a whole shit im 6'4'' and i feel average in the states went across the pond and i felt like shaq ery wur i went hehe but yeah amongst other things educations def better cant stand the a level o level crap and theres just more of an entrepreneurial spirit in the Us any one can really b anything if u dream big keyword BIG

Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2006
desiree:

I agree with you there and the reason is that the UK is very welcoming to people from all works of life and encourage them to express themselves with whatever platform the wish to use. It would have been the same case for Nigerians in the UK too, if they wanted to but we Nigerians are just too busy with other thing to be bothered with terrorism in the name of religion.

They do welcome people. YES

EXPRESSING THEMSELVES------- I beg, i disagree.

1) How many black people beside cleaners work in those multinationals in London L:iverpool street?

## Take a look at this, A Ghanian friend also a British citizen, just finish his masters, he had 2-1 in first degree. He is fillig shelves in Sainsburys.

I think yankee is better.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by desiree(f): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2006
I find your posts do not represent reality and actual events that affect the whole population as a whole, they are just anecdote of your personal life.

I also have a friend in the States, she has both a first and second degree in IT/Computing and she still earns a little over £5 per hour and lives in a shared accommodation with 2 other girls. She is now contemplating going into nursing. If you feel the US of A is better for you then go there and let those in the UK be.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2006
Desiree

Does she have papers to work with? Our Unemployment dipped yesterday to a record low of 4.6%. She might not have papers.

@Kola

Is this really you? But for real you are right the US is much better, and i know you have not been here before, but you can ask people.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by desiree(f): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2006
@old glory

She was born there shocked shocked, how could she not have papers to work!!!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Badman888(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2006
check out this video, this would only happen in the Uk about a nigerian woman that died due to their new law.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-health_p13936,00.html
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Mariory(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2006
desiree:

If you feel the US of A is better for you then go there and let those in the UK be.

Amen. I feel sorry for the people reading this thread that will think the US is the land of honey. They'll be in for a rude awakeing when they arrive there.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by VOR(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2006
@Badman888,

This was a truly tragicevent. I'm not sure what would have happened if this had occured in Canada.
But I have a feeling that if it had been in the States and she'd had no health insuranceshe would not have
been treated either.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2006
desiree:

I find your posts do not represent reality and actual events that affect the whole population as a whole, they are just anecdote of your personal life.

No ma.

I was previledge to do a good job[ not by myth but by God's grace].
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2006
Akolowale

If you had a good job and a good life, why are you back in Nigeria? Were you working Illegally in the UK? Can you go back to the UK? And by the way what are you calling a good job? For real bro were you deported?
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2006
@OldGlory

1) Please, always type my name correctly.

2) I have given my first name and i believe i must not give a complete picture of myself. Two Nairalanders knows me inside out, maybe they can help you.

3) Why must i live in Abroad permanently?. You may choose to Die in United States.

4) Did you say "Deported", Why must i be deported? What for? I am a respected Nigerian.

5) About good life and good job? To God be the glory. I am comfortable.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by kiwibabe(f): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2006
@ Akolawole

Don't mind Old Glory, he may be suffering from narrow minded-ness.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2006
@KwikBabe

welcome back!

Have you seen my thread on the leaked exam paper in UK.

I am sure OldGlory and other pro-west will not comment on that.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14451.0.html

For us, we will continue to report the good and [b]the bad [/b]of the west.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2006
Akolawole (Spelling OK I hope)

You have only been to the one side of the west. US and Canada is a totally different ball game. I am not sure that you give both sides of the story, you are too negative and i am too positive. I guess it is based on our experiences in Life.

Peace

Kiwibabe

No need for the name calling.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by leilata(f): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2006
this thread is still on Jeez!!! and still the same arguments!!! And the Americans still desperate to defend the US grin.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2006
@OldGlory

I am not too negative.

I think its good to report it as it is.

Up till today, i have never seen you telling us few bad patches about US. To you everything is good in Yankee.

I may not have been to Yankee but i am previledge to have been to France and Germany as well [membersof the so-called richest country]
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 2:36am On Jun 06, 2006
Akolawole

Yankee is all Good to me. I can only speak for myself. I am telling it like it is. From my Vantage point. I am legal, i work, i am living right. What can i tell u.? It is working out well at least for me.I cannot speak for anyone else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. / New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs / FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.