Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (26391 Views)

Poll: UK or US?

United Kingdom: 29% (45 votes)
United States: 70% (109 votes)
This poll has ended

US Family Preference Visa Waiters Lounge / Are Medical Doctors Given Any Preference, As Regards UK Tourist Visa's? / Canada or Uk which one is your preference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Akolawole(m): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2006
Old Glory:

Akolawole

Yankee is all Good to me. I can only speak for myself. I am telling it like it is. From my Vantage point. I am legal, i work, i am living right. What can i tell. It is working out well at least for me.

All good for you : I rest my case

Does that means in any facets, Yankee is the best or is with no blemish?
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2006
For me it is the best period.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Shagari2(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2006
uk, cos it's closer to home!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 1:06am On Aug 09, 2006
I'm so proud of my dual nationalty,so proud 2 be british,proud all ma family r british,proud of our way of life here,proud of d way we handled july 7th unlike d way americans handled their hurricane katrina by becoming refugees in their own country,such thing can never happen here in d u.k,proud of our free health care system and our equal human rights no matter what race you're from.proud of good job opportunity as long as you're educated.wouldn't change it 4 any place in this world[except 4 my native country ofcourse],George Bush should sit down,all he know is 2 lie about weapons of mass destruction so as 2 kill innocent people,he's got voice without action.N d scary weather too,imagine our friends fleeing their house in florida just because of tornedo,no peace of mind shocked,i'm perfectly happy based in d u.k,might consider going 2 america 4 holiday sometime later though undecidednot sure
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by bluenubian(f): 1:56am On Aug 09, 2006
U ve nevr been here, that's why u r yapping ur mouth like that. Yeah katrina that's all Bush. That's one leader we aint proud off but for me to sit and spell out the good about america, the freedom and the opportunities. I ll be here all day
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 3:45am On Aug 09, 2006
@Bluenubian
Yapping my mouth like what angry,u yourself said it that u've got a president u ain't proud of,besides  must u visit somewhere b/4 you know stuffs about d place?afterall almost half of my friends r based there.At d end of d day,everybody's entitled 2 their own opinion without yapping their mouth,aren't they? angry,anyone that's got stress regarding my opinion should piss off angry
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2006
TIFETOS

Please zip it. You are talking some garbage right about now.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2006
Old Glory:

TIFETOS

Please zip it. You are talking some garbage right about now.

LOL.Zip up ur own trousers grin,I fink u forgot 2 read what i said about pple who don't like my opinon should go and HANG themselves .U can find something 2 diss Britain about[no sweat] as long as it true,that's ur business,besides what part of d gabbage do u not understand cos i'm sure u understand english.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by bluenubian(f): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2006
@TIF lady

why are u getting mad, did i push the wrong button, pls, like u said people are entitled to their own opinion, and i gave mine, deal with it
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ Bluenubian
Mad?NO! cheesy I just don't like it when pple get personal with u for making ur opinion known.Ain't got no stress with anybody,but using d word "yapping ur mouth" might b pushing d wrong buttons though wink.I'm proud of what is mine so it's left 2 u guys 2 b proud of what is urs, BRITAIN all d way grin
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by bluenubian(f): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2006
america is not mine, but i love living here, i can only make the best out of a good opportunity, hopefully i will return back to my beloved country to stay and enjoy life there as i do now.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2006
Cool cool,Hopefully,i would love 2 go 2 my native land someday,because i was born n brought up here in U.K,but my mum said she has taken me home 2 visit when i was a toddler though can't remember.I would also like 2 travel around d world after my studies 2 learn more about other people's culture n way of life cheesy.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Hotstepper(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2006
good for you gurl, good to travel. when you do that, den you can think properly and come and comment what you observed cuz that would make more sense and understandable, You once said you don't have to be dere to know how it looks or sumthing, lets look at Africa for an instance, they show all da dying people, is that how African countries are? I think one should visit the two places and then you might come to a conclusion that the might be da same for one reason or the other, Good health care for u.k and no for america, I said good as in it is free, America gat wider roads etcccc, just travel and see tongue
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TIFETOS(f): 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2006
"Can think properly"[don't know what u're supposed 2 mean by that] undecided,I don't base my opinion on what they r showing on T.V,my granny who is a nigerian is so pompous and extremely proud 2 b Nigerian,She even hates 2 visit England except occassionally,Said Nigeria is d most beautiful country in d world n it's got evrything 2 offer n she's never lied 2 me.I don't think Africans r dying just as u insinuated, but at d same time,there r some war-torn countries all over d world that needs help too.Every country is got it's own good n bad,but i still think England rocks
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Hotstepper(f): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2006
gurl, I understand, Remeber I used Africa as an example as in how western world see it and that is how their child look at africa as if everywhere is like that, that's it
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by TaniCarr(f): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2006
I feel that America is better simply because of the ability to come from anywhere and become anything.You can go to school anywhere,but the US does not except most of those degrees.If you take you us degree anywhere you are at the top of the list to be chosen. I can't believe how expensive it is in the uk.Why?It's not like it's America or something.I guess they have to pay for all that "free" stuff they give you some kind of why huh?The us is a place to grow and enjoy your accomplishments.Nothing holds you back from anything.America is the land of milk and honey.That's why they say "God bless America".We are founded on God and who can be better than that?That is why our economy thieves,our education system is the best and more people have a chance to make it.The uk seem like a place to go after you get your self together financially.which most people are not.I wouldn't want to live in a place that is not founded on God anyway,it's destin for doom.GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2006
lipsrsealed shocked
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by kiwibabe(f): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2006
Helloo People I can not believe this thread is still going on.

I do not know what you people's problems are, "the UK is just a small country comapared to the USA. The UK is also a iny compared to the rest of the world.

Why don't you compare your opinions to the rest of Europe or Asia, even Australia etc, of course America will out weigh England, there are only soo many people to live in each, and I think many of your opions are biased. Have you actually travelled or lived in any other country other than the UK or USA. DO you actually remember that there is a big world out there.

I would just like to point out that the saying "'different strokes for different folks'' until you actaully lived somewhere do not knock the country. I am very proud of the UK and what they have achieved and as a reslut of being a citizen of the country I can tell you that I have never lacked in anything and have nevered suffered in anyway including from poverty. I thank my parents for a good upbringing and a godd education, and I thank my lucky stars for being in a civilised society.

I am free to do as I please and travel anywhere I please.

I am actually living in Amsterdam right now and I hate it. I can not wait to return to the UK.

Do you people even know what is going on in the world, there is hatred everywhere especially towards us blacks, the developed world is not our home. Why don't we use the knowledge that we have gained from the developed world and go away and improve our own societies.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Mariory(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2006
The title of the thread is UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? Some people seem to think it is forbidden to believe the UK is better than the US when it is clearly the preference of those that feel that way.

I guess the English language is not so great in the US huh.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by clocky(m): 11:37am On Sep 05, 2006
i have just read comments on this thread and i can only say i am a bit dissapointed at how Old glory is just bullying people around with his "america is the best rythms".
You seem to come across as a typical arrogant empty headed american dude who has been brainwashed to believe that there are only two countries in the world. america and the rest.

Please stick to ur opinion and let other people express theirs
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2006
Clocky

I am the typical Arrogant American and, What is it to you? Yes there are only two countires on planet earth.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by jayvinnie(m): 1:23am On Sep 11, 2006
I love it here in the US.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by Shokoloko(f): 12:12am On Sep 25, 2006
i dont think there should be so much argument about this . US, UK, NIGERIA or wherever will always seem best especially if ur getting the best and of life and ur happy. everything depends on ur standard of living. ASO ROCK occupants are having life better than many in the UK and US
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 4:15am On Sep 25, 2006
How many people leave in Aso Rock? Okay then those that reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave live better than the rest of the world population. Your Analogy does not make sense.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by mide2(f): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2006
i'm not head over heels in love with either, might prefer america though.

And for those mentioning free healthcare as an advantage here in the U.K are really being deceived. Agreed, its free but its bulls**t ! I work in the health sector in the u.k and from all i hv seen, its rubbish ! Imagine a lady with fibroid being told she's bloody 7months pregnant. How on fucking earth can they manage a tumour till its tht big, believing its a freaking baby inside ! if i continue to count on my fingertips the amount of errors n mistakes i've seen with my naked eyes in the hospitals here, you'll be shocked.

Talk about healthcare then talk about Germany, France e.t.c

And b4 u forget we pay NI which accounts for the so called free healthcare services.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by OldGlory1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2006
Mide Please tell them that free is not always free.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by dblock(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2006
UK sucks last place i'll be visiting agin angry
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by English1(f): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2006
Some people will prefer life in the US and others will prefer life in the UK. Both countries have their good and bad points. It's none of my business which country anyone chooses to live in. Liking the US doesn't make you stupid. Liking the UK doesn't make you stupid. What's wrong with the posters who think theirs is the only 'correct' opinion?

I don't want to convince anyone that the UK is better than the US, or that the US is better than the UK. They are just different and that's that. But I do want to clear up some of the misinformation about the UK that has been spouted here.

Figures are from www.ofcom.com and www.statistics.gov.uk

NHS - yes there are waiting lists. That's very true. There are, however, no waiting lists for emergency or minor problems. For example, someone said you have to wait 3 months to get a tooth removed, well, that is complete fiction. Phone a dentist, make an appointment sometime within the next few days, get treated. If you are really in agony they will see you the same day as an emergency.

Internet Access - in 2005 57% of people in the UK had internet access in their own home. Via broadband 31%.

Digital TV (as opposed to analogue services) - in 2005 57%. This is the highest rate of digital TV take-up of any country in the world. The US is second with 55%.

There are now more homes subscribing to Sky’s pay-TV services than there are using any other television platform in the UK, including analogue terrestrial broadcasts, as their principal source of TV. By the end of 2005, there were 7.7 million Sky subscribers in the UK.

Number of TV sets per home
1 set - 30% of homes
2 sets - 34% of homes
3 sets - 21% of homes
4 sets - 11% of homes
5 sets or more sets - 3% of homes.

So you can see how ludicrous the claim that people have to sit around watching TV on their computers because they can't afford a TV license is. Yes we do have to have an annual license. Why? It pays for all the BBC services (in the UK and internationally, TV, radio, internet etc) and that is why they are high quality and wonderfully, uniquely, completely advertising-free. I don't know anyone who begrudges paying towards the BBC.

UK residents made a record 42.9 million holiday trips abroad in 2004.
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by anabell(f): 1:34am On Jan 04, 2007
i go 4 d uk anyday anytime
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by POTUS(m): 2:37am On Jan 04, 2007
if its the uk that suits you,stay there and if its the us that suits you,stay there
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by daprince: 2:07am On Jan 07, 2007
Desiree, u dunno nothing about the American system of education. I never wanted to post a comment about this, but ur post drove me mad. I go to school solely on merit (and quite a bunch of people too). From what I know about the U.S, AS LONG AS U ARE WILLING TO GO SCHOOL, THE RESOURCES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO U! U can quote me on that any day! U talking about scholarships offered to people is just so dumb. If the U.K doesn't offer any form of scholarships, then that's ur headache, blame the queen and Blair. There are people who don't earn nothing here and still go to colleges because the gov't PAYS for them to. I dare to say that u all that are claiming to prefer the U.K to the U.S is because u've got no choice. Come live in the U.S for six months and compare it to what u've got in the U.K, u wouldn't wanna go back. Plz, don't compare the schools, departmental stores (I learned all u've got in the U.K is Harrod's), roads, houses, etc we've got in the U.S to those in the U.K. No hating, but most of u don't know what u are talking about. Period!
Re: UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? by daprince: 2:14am On Jan 07, 2007
Tifetos, if Bush is dumb, then ur Blair is even dumber (I DON'T SUPPORT BUSH THOUGH). Didn't u see the video conference where Blair stood by Bush's chair like a servent while Bush had his mouth full? C'mon Tifetos, u dunno what u are talking about, and I do hope u come to the U.S to see things for urself. I was chatting with a friend in Gand, England and she was trying to tell me that she and her friend drove around town in some car (I guess her friend's). That just shows u how slow or poor the social life is in England. Do people even own cars in England?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs / The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. / FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.