Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176485 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
House, somebody(with family of 4) needs your advice on this question; will you rather invest N2.5 million on business in Nigeria than procesing a dv lottery after you have been sucessfully selected?
hmmmm
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2012
temmytanny: always fighting for the rich and nw claiming the 7.8% is un true

what do you expect, Piers Morgan said, it would have been true if the report says 8.5%
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 10:23am On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
House, somebody(with family of 4) needs your advice on this question; will you rather invest N2.5 million on business in Nigeria than procesing a dv lottery after you have been sucessfully selected?
hmmmm na lottery oooo cos he would make that 2.5m back when he gets to US
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by dridowu: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
bros, if na me ooo, i will invest d money on d visa procesin, i won't even twice
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

he should use some of the money to process his visa, and use the rest to invest in a business in naija. you can never tell US might favor one person and unfavored another.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
Tiwanna:

he should use some of the money to process his visa, and use the rest to invest in a business in naija. you can never tell US might favor one person and unfavored another.

Tiwanna,a single entarant only needs approximately N400,000 for processing visa, this guy has 2 kids, himself and his wifey,this N2,5m is their savings plus loan.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 12:18am On Oct 07, 2012
@aderemi virginia is cool yea its 2 hours by road to washington nd 6 hours to new york i had to move here so i can get a job fast and settle in fast its not easy to settle into new york fast you might be sitting home for 6 months in new york before you can see just one interview to attendbut here in virginia i have 3 jobs hanging on me in just about 3 weeks i moved here..many nigerians living here are those that are tired of living in little apartments in new york maryland nd all those large cities,its a really nice place to stay but you cant move around without a car that the bad part of it unlike newyork where there is train nd transit buses so i have my uncle taking everywhere i go until i can buy my own car nd get my license from DMV....................................nd@packaging do you got moses BBM contact?

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2012
That is cool bro,New York is densly populated already. I leave very close to Boston too, cos cost of acomodation in Boston is very high, I work in Canton, I got my driving permit last year but failed the actual road test twice, I have been at the mercy of my Hatian co-workers who offers me ride to work everyday. But thank God I passed the road test this year and got my driving licence too.Can you send me your e-mail pls, I got Obasekola's number and e-mail add.mine is adesojiaderemi@ymail.com
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That is cool bro,New York is densly populated already. I leave very close to Boston too, cos cost of acomodation in Boston is very high, I work in Canton, I got my driving permit last year but failed the actual road test twice, I have been at the mercy of my Hatian co-workers who offers me ride to work everyday. But thank God I passed the road test this year and got my driving licence too.Can you send me your e-mail pls, I got Obasekola's number and e-mail add.mine is adesojiaderemi@ymail.com
can you tell us more about the road test? I may do mine before month end and i dont wanna fail ooo. what are the things they will ask you to do?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
temmytanny: can you tell us more about the road test? I may do mine before month end and i dont wanna fail ooo. what are the things they will ask you to do?

The first test when you get to dmv/rmv is "eyes test" you will be ask to read from a paticular object like microscope, if you can't read it, then you will be refer to an opthamologist and you may end up using glases whenever you drive.

The second test is Computer based 25 questions on laws,road signs, and road usage, you have to score at least 18 out of 25 questions, when you pass it you will be issue a road permit, you can drive with road permit but a drver licence holder for min of 1 year must always sit by you.Then if you are sure you can go for the road test you will need to book in advance. The raod test is practical, you have to drive to proof to the examiner that you will not be a threat on the road.I will send you a link for the computer base practice test.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

The first test when you get to dmv/rmv is "eyes test" you will be ask to read from a paticular object like microscope, if you can't read it, then you will be refer to an opthamologist and you may end up using glases whenever you drive.

The second test is Computer based 25 questions on laws,road signs, and road usage, you have to score at least 18 out of 25 questions, when you pass it you will be issue a road permit, you can drive with road permit but a drver licence holder for min of 1 year must always sit by you.Then if you are sure you can go for the road test you will need to book in advance. The raod test is practical, you have to drive to proof to the examiner that you will not be a threat on the road.I will send you a link for the computer base practice test.
Tanx,i have the links for Texas driving school and most possible questions that maybe asked in written test but the road(practical)test is what i dont have idea of what they may ask me to do.You know that is the final i guess and the Koko. I also want to know more about DEFENSIVE DRIVING
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

hmmm, you see why all our drivers for here dey kill us. Even eye test dem no do. Me self wa get DL no do eye test. God help us.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
temmytanny: Tanx,i have the links for Texas driving school and most possible questions that maybe asked in written test but the road(practical)test is what i dont have idea of what they may ask me to do.You know that is the final i guess and the Koko. I also want to know more about DEFENSIVE DRIVING

1)hand signs:Left turn, right turn, slow down and stop
2) starting the engine,
3)Pulling over aka parking beside the road
4) three point turning aka U turn in naija
5) Parallel packing with a car
6) packing on the hill, or down hill
7) backing up aka reverse.
cool Final pack

you may need an experience person to practice with or get a driving school
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
brightmon:
hmmm, you see why all our drivers for here dey kill us. Even eye test dem no do. Me self wa get DL no do eye test. God help us.

brightmon, me self I work for cadbury for 2 years as sales man I no do road test
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

1)hand signs:Left turn, right turn, slow down and stop
2) starting the engine,
3)Pulling over aka parking beside the road
4) three point turning aka U turn in naija
5) Parallel packing with a car
6) packing on the hill, or down hill
7) backing up aka reverse.
cool Final pack

you may need an experience person to practice with or get a driving school
Tanx,my host very busy but i will find a way out. Do they allow reverse looking back or i must use my rear mirror?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
temmytanny: Tanx,my host very busy but i will find a way out. Do they allow reverse looking back or i must use my rear mirror?
hmmm, me i no use to mirror oh, i must look back ohhh. Mirror na wayo, makes far object looks near.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
brightmon:
hmmm, me i no use to mirror oh, i must look back ohhh. Mirror na wayo, makes far object looks near.

I failed the first test because I didn't yield to the stop sign,I failed the second test because i was using the mirror to back up,you have to always look back when backing up.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I failed the first test because I didn't yield to the stop sign,I failed the second test because i was using the mirror to back up,you have to always look back when backing up.
Tanx bro,so cos that alone they failed you?am learning alot from you. I will still contact you privately before i take the tests
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2012
temmytanny: Tanx bro,so cos that alone they failed you?am learning alot from you. I will still contact you privately before i take the tests

Tips on Passing a Road Test

Some of you may think a road test can be very complex and frustrating. However, there are some tips on how you can pass a road test, or at least get a good score.

Show signals for all turns. Whether it's going forward or backward.
Keep speeds at the posted speed limits. There is no fault for going a couple of miles over the limit.
Take your time when going parallel parking, hill parking, or three-point turns. Examiners do not penalize you for time, as long as you observe the road carefully.
When doing a three-point turn going backwards, look both ways first before you begin to back up.
Use the parking brake when parking. When parking on a hill, use the Neutral setting and steer to the left with a curb going up, or right for a curb doing down or a hill without a curb.
If you see an approaching red light or stop sign, be prepared to brake gently to begin slowing down. Smooth stops count in the road test.
When making a sharp turn up ahead, be prepared to slow down, make the turn and resume your normal speed.
When turning, have your hand opposite to which direction you are turning at the top of the wheel. When beginning to turn, look into the turn and turn the wheel to that direction and let the steering wheel slide back to its original straight position.
When signalling, flick up for right turns and down for left turns. Just think of the word "upright".
When parallel parking, make sure you are about a meter apart from your car and the car parked at the right side of the road. Put the control stick to R and signal right. Steer fast to the right and once you can't steer right no more, turn the wheel right away all they way to the left quickly, and recover the wheel when the car is aligned with the parked car. Make sure you look back so you do not hit the curb.
For lane changing, make sure you check the rear view mirror and your blind spot as you begin signalling. If there are no cars, you can switch lanes safely. When driving from the right lane to the left lane for more than two lanes, keep the signal on til you approach the selected lane and then cancel the signal light.
When turning left, to a road with two lanes, make your turn, start on the passing lane and if the right lane is safe, signal right and move to the right lane.
Watch for any pedestrians when taking the road test. They have the right of way most of the time and drivers should watch them very carefully.
When parked on the side of the road before driving off, check mirror, begin your signal and check your blind spot. Remember to take your time as you see cars or other vehicles are passing by. Once there's an opening, it is safe to drive away. If you drive off behind a parked car, steer fast to the left and a little to the right and recover the wheel and you resume picking up normal speed.
When the light turns green, or if you get a green arrow when turning, make sure that the road is clear and there are no cars or pedestrians crossing your path, then proceed with care.
Remember to expect the unexpected, so when you're driving, please remember to be watchful and alert and all times.
Try to get at least 2,000 km of driving distance before taking a road test. There are no guarantees on passing, but getting this much practice of driving distance is a good amount to get good driving experience.
If in the event you fail your road test. Contact your driving instructor right away and show the instructor the copy of your failed test. Instructors are there to help you find what mistakes you've made and how you can pass the test with the correct procedures. Remember, all mistakes in driving can be correctable. And don't forget to recreate your road test to the instructor, to get their second opinion on if you should take the road test again, or simply keep practicing. Instructors and examiners are encouraged not to suggest giving up driving to drivers.
You might have failed the test because you have either had not enough practice in driving, or no one who is qualified enough to be a legal passenger while you drive, as first level class drivers are prohibited to drive alone, or perhaps you don't have a car for your own to drive in, accompanied with a friend to assist you, if they meet the qualifications.
Remember that giving up driving is an option, but not always the easy answer for driving poorly. Just because you failed a test, does not necessarily mean that your driving was too dangerous. Examiners do not fail drivers for the fun of it, and they don't have to at all. They fail drivers to make sure our roads are 100% safe for those who use the roads. The province of Ontario has the safest roads in North America and other U.S. states and Canadian provinces are opting to follow suit with Ontario's rules of the road to keep other roads safer too using Graduated Licensing.
Some good places to drive are either in parking lots or private communities. They are not government runned roads, so those roads are excellent roads to use when practicing on your driving skills.
If your license expires, you cannot drive on public roads and highways. If you wish to drive again and you have not yet become a fully licensed driver, you must go to a driver licensing office and requalify for the same level before you can take the road test again. There isn't a mandatory waiting period if your license has expired for no longer than 3 years if you are not a fully licensed driver. Remember to book the road test date at least 2 weeks in advance. If your non-fully license expired for more than 3 years, or if you violate the restrictions on your license 3 times, you'd have to start from scratch and take the mandatory 1½ year waiting period (1 year if you take an MTO approved driver's education course) before taking a road test.

Giving up driving because you failed miserably in your road test?
There are advantages to giving up driving.

Driving can be stressful and dangerous. If you have trouble checking over your shoulder or seeing at night or in poor weather, or not manuvering the vehicle properly, you may be putting yourself and others at risk. You may decide it's time to give up your driver's licence and begin using alternatives such as public transit, taxis and riding with friends and family, or maybe even riding a bicycle.
You no longer have the responsibility of driving. Why not sit back and relax as a passenger?
You save money.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
thanx bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kaypositve(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
YOU ARE REALLY DOING A GREAT JOB HERE, MORE POWER TO UR ELBOW!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gentiger(m): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

brightmon, me self I work for cadbury for 2 years as sales man I no do road test

Adesoji, since you worked at Cadbury for 2 years, you should know Geoffrey Ashiegbu. Do you know anyone by that name at Cadbury?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gentiger:

Adesoji, since you worked at Cadbury for 2 years, you should know Geoffrey Ashiegbu. Do you know anyone by that name at Cadbury?
the name rings a bell, but I lost his picture.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
kaypositve: YOU ARE REALLY DOING A GREAT JOB HERE, MORE POWER TO UR ELBOW!!!

Thanks kapositive,Nigerian government is not helping us, if we cant help ourselves then we are stupid.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
kaypositve: YOU ARE REALLY DOING A GREAT JOB HERE, MORE POWER TO UR ELBOW!!!

Thanks kapositive,The government is not helping us, if we cant help ourselves then we are stupid.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by koolmd: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2012
Hello House,

Just an advice, how soon can i relocate if i have to go and meet my wife who is in the US? Her dad filed I-130 for her and her siblings. We got married after she went for her green card (she had passed the minor age then).

Now she's back in the US now and have just spent about 1 year from her first visit while i am in Naija, i have a stable and comfortable job that am not yet ready to trade for relocation now, though i may consider relocating in the near future maybe...My challenge now is although she comes to spend 1Month within 6 months in naija with me, i equally want to be able to go visit her. I have a fairly good travel history, been to UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium. How do i go about it cause i dont want to try the american visa and get refused when i still have the intention of relocating parmanently in future.

Rgrds
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2012
Funny thread... cheesy @adesojiaderemi please keep it up wink
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2012
koolmd: Hello House,

Just an advice, how soon can i relocate if i have to go and meet my wife who is in the US? Her dad filed I-130 for her and her siblings. We got married after she went for her green card (she had passed the minor age then).

Now she's back in the US now and have just spent about 1 year from her first visit while i am in Naija, i have a stable and comfortable job that am not yet ready to trade for relocation now, though i may consider relocating in the near future maybe...My challenge now is although she comes to spend 1Month within 6 months in naija with me, i equally want to be able to go visit her. I have a fairly good travel history, been to UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium. How do i go about it cause i dont want to try the american visa and get refused when i still have the intention of relocating parmanently in future.

Rgrds

This is not rocket science it is very simple, since you said you are not considering relocating now, you can wait till she becomes a US citizen in the nearest 3-5 years. It is more easier when she becomes a citizen than filing I-130 as a green card holder wish may eventually take a longer period of 3-5 years too.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by teemola(f): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
House,please what is your view about HALLOWEEN,we all know this is Halloween season in the state,will you allow your kids to put on the costumes? this looks fetish to me.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by packaging(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
teemola: House,please what is your view about HALLOWEEN,we all know this is Halloween season in the state,will you allow your kids to put on the costumes? this looks fetish to me.
all I know is dat halloween is a pagan act, neither biblical nor islamic supported! Thanks !!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babadey(m): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
@adesoji,temmytanny & others living in d states pls answer these three questions. (1)to my little knowledge about some states in U.S like washington dc,N.Y,alaska,illinois,florida,L.A,las vegas,california 2 mention few are dnt go places for persons with no or average money with them;in terms of jobs,high cost accommodations,high tax etc.If true or not pls enlighten me on states,u will advise to go or not & reasons. (2)Have you seen or heard people with health issues(problems) being denied visa at the interview which was stated on their medical reports?.Pls take ur time to ans these questions. (3)when will dv 2014 winners start to check their status,is it february or may
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
baba dey: @adesoji,temmytanny & others living in d states pls answer these three questions. (1)to my little knowledge about some states in U.S like washington dc,N.Y,alaska,illinois,florida,L.A,las vegas,california 2 mention few are dnt go places for persons with no or average money with them;in terms of jobs,high cost accommodations,high tax etc.If true or not pls enlighten me on states,u will advise to go or not & reasons. (2)Have you seen or heard people with health issues(problems) being denied visa at the interview which was stated on their medical reports?.Pls take ur time to ans these questions. (3)when will dv 2014 winners start to check their status,is it february or may
I think soji would be in beta position to answer thr first question.

About medical issues,i have seen anyone denied on medical issues,even if one has TB(which is very deadly)is allowed to treat it. I ws told they discriminate about those with HIV before but i dont think so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.