Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176641 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
junkerhill: @Abdul, go to my profile, my contact is there. Send me an email or add me on facebook. I'm headed Atlanta after my interview. Will be comforted knowing I have a brother close by, be it in atlanta or Virginia.

Ok Junkerhill! I will send you a mail right away!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:26am On Apr 20, 2013
Afro4u: its has been 5days now i got to America with my family. I had gone for my SSN with my family on Monday at their nearest office in Indianapolis and was asked to wait for almost 2weeks before i get it. For now, what other things things can i do aside from preparing for driving test? again, is it possible to open bank account with my passport alone?
Again, its like everybody here believe that one can not get good job with Nigeria certificate except all these menial jobs, i dont know how though is this too. Thanks

congratulations Afro4u, you are welcome.You can surely get a job with your certificate but you got to believe you are now in a highly competitive environment, a lot of Harvard, Umass, Cambridge,MIT....certificate out there, so start from somewhere first and move on.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 3:24am On Apr 20, 2013
@ifeanyi abdul woodbridge is 1:45 mins from me and yea dulles is a good idea it should be 45-1 hr from woodbridge cnt say much about flight cause i my poe was new york nd stayed there for like 2 months
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
@loconzo00 and others members in New Jersey, please can u help me with the state driving manual link. Loconzo pls can I have ur contact,maybe on fb or yahoo. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
My e-family, I hail o! Yesterday, I chatted with an old friend of mine back in the days at the University of Ilorin. I have beautiful memories of us playing basket-ball together and worshiping together. He moved into Texas via the dv lottery in November last year and was very willing to offer assistance and guidance to me. He got a good job 3 weeks after he arrived U.S. Lucky, you may say! He last worked with Airtel in Jos and has telecom work experience. He asked if I had some telecom experience, but I said no; he said his employer even asked him to bring anyone or introduce anyone he knows with telecom experience. This is an open invitation to members of the house, as a potential opportunity waits for interested members with experience in the telecoms.
If you think you can give it a try, please contact me!!

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
nifty: @ifeanyi abdul woodbridge is 1:45 mins from me and yea dulles is a good idea it should be 45-1 hr from woodbridge cnt say much about flight cause i my poe was new york nd stayed there for like 2 months
@ Nifty, thanks a lot! I appreciate. Are you schooling, working? What's your interest?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:57am On Apr 21, 2013
owobabaisabella: @loconzo00 and others members in New Jersey, please can u help me with the state driving manual link. Loconzo pls can I have ur contact,maybe on fb or yahoo. Thanks.

Get the link here. http://driversprep.com/test.php
You can also contact me here loconzo2003@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 4:13am On Apr 21, 2013
schooling and working
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 6:11am On Apr 21, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
My e-family, I hail o! Yesterday, I chatted with an old friend of mine back in the days at the University of Ilorin. I have beautiful memories of us playing basket-ball together and worshiping together. He moved into Texas via the dv lottery in November last year and was very willing to offer assistance and guidance to me. He got a good job 3 weeks after he arrived U.S. Lucky, you may say! He last worked with Airtel in Jos and has telecom work experience. He asked if I had some telecom experience, but I said no; he said his employer even asked him to bring anyone or introduce anyone he knows with telecom experience. This is an open invitation to members of the house, as a potential opportunity waits for interested members with experience in the telecoms.
If you think you can give it a try, please contact me!!
I have oooooo,4years experience in Telecoms as an RF engineer(Drive Test and optimisation)but the problem i have now is i dont want to leave dallas or be traveling up and down as i used to do in naija then.No one to take care of my family here(Us isnt like naija)but if the job is around dallas,am willing to take it..please hola me private mail
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 21, 2013
@temmytanny, bro longest tym! Hw re u fairin in d states?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2013
loconzo00:

Get the link here. http://driversprep.com/test.php
You can also contact me here loconzo2003@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers

Thanks, send an e-mail to your mail box now.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Wizee: @temmytanny, bro longest tym! Hw re u fairin in d states?
fine ooooo grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
Good day to all articulate and potential members of dis great forum. I and my family left niger on mon(15th april,2013) with qater airline,got to newyork on Tuesday,and finally to el paso,texas on wesd.Its was a long and stressful jouney,bt I give all glory and adoration unto d lord 4 d journey mercies.Eku ile ooooooooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Pls my gurus in d house, what s d next step of action here?wen shld we be expecting our green card&SSN?I paid 4 it on d 10th of April, b4 coming. As per driving stuff,hw can I go about it?Pls profs in d house wat & wat shld I do nw.Tks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
akaniman: Pls my gurus in d house, what s d next step of action here?wen shld we be expecting our green card&SSN?I paid 4 it on d 10th of April, b4 coming. As per driving stuff,hw can I go about it?Pls profs in d house wat & wat shld I do nw.Tks
expect all your document within one month,as for driving stuff pls visit www.dps.state.tx.us for details of appliatiom
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
temmytanny: I have oooooo,4years experience in Telecoms as an RF engineer(Drive Test and optimisation)but the problem i have now is i dont want to leave dallas or be traveling up and down as i used to do in naija then.No one to take care of my family here(Us isnt like naija)but if the job is around dallas,am willing to take it..please hola me private mail
I will send you a mail later today on how to contact him. I will give you details; It's either Ericsson or Samsung, but whichever it is, when you meet he will guide you. I wish you the best of luck!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
@ Temmy, please check your in-box sharply. He is waiting o! No waste time. To all members of the forum, I learnt that Chase Bank is recruiting now o! My old friend in Texas just told me this.

@ Temmy, In fact he said you should call him now now!! I learnt the job is paying about 40 dollars per hour...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
Glory, we went to SSA office today 4 our SSN numbers, we were told to come and collect our SSN Numbers on wesd b4 dey will send d card, if we need it 4 jobs or anytin.I was told at d licensing office dat i have to spend uptill a month b4 applying 4 drivers test.Waiting still continues.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
akaniman: Glory, we went to SSA office today 4 our SSN numbers, we were told to come and collect our SSN Numbers on wesd b4 dey will send d card, if we need it 4 jobs or anytin.I was told at d licensing office dat i have to spend uptill a month b4 applying 4 drivers test.Waiting still continues.

You are welcome my dear brother, I heard you called me but have been too busy.I will call you back on tuesday.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by abesin01(m): 2:31am On Apr 23, 2013
thank God i have received my green exactly after two weeks,waiting for ssn. Regards to all our resource persons in the house ,who deemed it fit to guide the rookies.tks a million times.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
abesin01: thank God i have received my green exactly after two weeks,waiting for ssn. Regards to all our resource persons in the house ,who deemed it fit to guide the rookies.tks a million times.

congratulations abesin01
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
GLORY BE TO GOD! IT'S TRULY THE LORD'S DOING AND IT'S MARVELLOUS IN MY SIGHT. I & wifey left naija via EMIRATES on thursday, 28/04 for Houston. Our flight was scheduled to take off by 8:50pm but took of by 10:30pm cuz d air conditioning unit was not working well and had to be fixed. It was 7hrs journey to Dubai so we arrived Dubai by 8:30am local time on friday 19/04. We missed our connecting flight cuz of d delay in naija and our visas were stamped on transit while our appointment was scheduled for d next day since EMIRATES only fly from Dubai to Houston once in a day. EMIRATES also offered us free transportation, free hotel accommodation, free phone call and meal tickets @MILLENIUM HOTEL- a world class hotel in Dubai. We left Dubai by 9:05 local time on saturday, 20/04 and arrived Houston by 4:30 local time on saturday, 20/04. We went thru all necessary security checks and was was admitted into d US of A. Thanks be to ALMIGHTY GOD and to all of u cuz without u, this great dream of ours wouldn't av been a reality. I'm also sorry for updating u late, i've been really down cuz of d stress and i'm recently trying to get back on my feet. AMERICA- LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, HERE COME IMCOOL!

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Imcool: GLORY BE TO GOD! IT'S TRULY THE LORD'S DOING AND IT'S MARVELLOUS IN MY SIGHT. I & wifey left naija via EMIRATES on thursday, 28/04 for Houston. Our flight was scheduled to take off by 8:50pm but took of by 10:30pm cuz d air conditioning unit was not working well and had to be fixed. It was 7hrs journey to Dubai so we arrived Dubai by 8:30am local time on friday 19/04. We missed our connecting flight cuz of d delay in naija and our visas were stamped on transit while our appointment was scheduled for d next day since EMIRATES only fly from Dubai to Houston once in a day. EMIRATES also offered us free transportation, free hotel accommodation, free phone call and meal tickets @MILLENIUM HOTEL- a world class hotel in Dubai. We left Dubai by 9:05 local time on saturday, 20/04 and arrived Houston by 4:30 local time on saturday, 20/04. We went thru all necessary security checks and was was admitted into d US of A. Thanks be to ALMIGHTY GOD and to all of u cuz without u, this great dream of ours wouldn't av been a reality. I'm also sorry for updating u late, i've been really down cuz of d stress and i'm recently trying to get back on my feet. AMERICA- LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, HERE COME IMCOOL!

You are welcome Imcool.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

You are welcome Imcool.
Thanks bro... God bless u real good... Pls how do i get across to u preferably thru phone Need u to put thru on one or two issues dat has become a bone of convention here. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
FOR D CONSUMPTION OF PREGNANT IMMIGRANTS- If ur pregnancy is obvious as at the time of travelling, pls get a DOCTORS/MEDICAL CERTIFICATE/REPORT to show dat u're fit to travel. Most airlines don't like taking d risk of flying pregnant women. I encountered it @ Dubai cuz my wife's pregnancy is already pronounced and we were delayed wen we couldn't produce a report stating dat she's fit to travel. If not for God's intervention and also d numerous pregnancy scan results dat i had handy, i don't know what would av happened. After much consideration, we were allowed to board d flight though i understand they meant good by wanting to be sure that she's fit to travel thru such long stressful journey and dat she won't put to bed right inside d flight.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hi fellow forumites, while expecting my documents thru mail, i went to d driver's license office yesterday to pick up a copy of TEXAS DRIVER'S HANDBOOK and already reading and preparing myself for d test when my documents are out. My inquiries are as follows. (1) Do i need to visit d any office for my SSN or should i just wait to get it in my mail? (2) Can i begin to apply for jobs now or stil wait for d document? (3) My wife is pregnant and is due in June. Can she go to register herself now for good pregnancy and delivery care or she should also wait for her documents too? If she can go now, where do u guys advice she visit and what are d requirements? (4) what is d cost of buying a car here cuz i'm begining to see dat i'll need it pretty soon though not d very expensive ones ooo, at least something to take me from one place to another. (5) My host is always too busy and i gat to step up myself without relying much on him and since i gat u guys here, i'm sure i'll av no problem. As a result, is any member staying close to KEEGANS FOREST LANE IN HOUSTON? We may hook up if there's any cuz dat's where i reside.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosmy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hello mr temmy,mr remmy and people that have the ideal of this,I and my family we are planing to make our move by MAY ending and we are heading to new carrollton maryland plz how can we make our move frm new York to maryland?thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
@adesoji thanks ill expect ur call.Glory
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
From jfk to a cab to 42nd street greyhound station...from dere u'll see greyhound buses goin to dc and new carrollton there u can board....
tosmy :
Hello mr temmy,mr remmy and people that have the ideal of this,I and my family we are planing to make our move by MAY ending and we are heading to new carrollton maryland plz how can we make our move frm new York to maryland?thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosmy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
tovalli: From jfk to a cab to 42nd street greyhound station...from dere u'll see greyhound buses goin to dc and new carrollton there u can board....
thanks tovalli
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
tosmy :

Fro JFK take a cab/bus going to Port authority, from port authority walk into any of the mega bus canter e.g Peter Pan and book for your trip it is cheaper and also relaxing,you will surely enjoy your trip.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
Imcool: Hi fellow forumites, while expecting my documents thru mail, i went to d driver's license office yesterday to pick up a copy of TEXAS DRIVER'S HANDBOOK and already reading and preparing myself for d test when my documents are out. My inquiries are as follows. (1) Do i need to visit d any office for my SSN or should i just wait to get it in my mail? (2) Can i begin to apply for jobs now or stil wait for d document? (3) My wife is pregnant and is due in June. Can she go to register herself now for good pregnancy and delivery care or she should also wait for her documents too? If she can go now, where do u guys advice she visit and what are d requirements? (4) what is d cost of buying a car here cuz i'm begining to see dat i'll need it pretty soon though not d very expensive ones ooo, at least something to take me from one place to another. (5) My host is always too busy and i gat to step up myself without relying much on him and since i gat u guys here, i'm sure i'll av no problem. As a result, is any member staying close to KEEGANS FOREST LANE IN HOUSTON? We may hook up if there's any cuz dat's where i reside.

You will still need your SSN to apply for job because without that you cant do any legal work,you can google the office of the homeland security administration in your area to apply, but make sure you go with your Naija passport and Birth certificate, your wife may visit WIC(woman, Infant and Children center close to your location for any assistance,without a driver's licence you are not authorized to drive so make sure you study the driver's manual and pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.