Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176649 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:53am On Apr 27, 2013
alutaa: For those that are interested, please, google 'EPIC'. EPIC is a software use for healthcare EMR (Electronic medical record).
Although i am not in that field, i know people that did the training (the training is still an in-house training meaning that only a company can send you for the training but, there are few Nigerians out there that are training people on the course) and all the people that i knew that did the training are really comfortable with their life now with a good job or contract job.

Another area that people can look into is IT QA area. Its a good starter area for new people in the State. Rates might not be all that great ($30 -$70) but its a good starting point. If you are in Michigan, i learnt that there was a Redeem church that organised training for people late last year. That can be a good starting point to start making enquiries

For those in Texas and environ, Safety engineering is another good area to focus on. I have a friend that came to the State 2 years ago and did certification in these area and he is doing very well now.

Another good area to focus on is IT. I started my IT career when i came to the State 2 years ago. What i always tell people is that if you can create a facebook account and Twitter account by yourself, you can do IT then. The Indians are not guru or more brilliant than we Nigerians. But the difference is that an Indian focus on IT (which is doing the same thing the same way everyday) while a typical Nigerian will become a Nurse or Nursing assistance immediately they moved to the State).

If you are interested in SAP (Business Intelligence and Business warehousing), let me know. I might be able to use my 2 years experince to guild you in the right way.

But, whatever certificate you are pursuing, its good to have a side job that can pay your bills at the same time. The goal is never to loose sight of your goal or allow the side job become your main focus in the State. Most of my friends and i entered USA at the same time and we all met at Warehouse where we all work as a laborer. But, the laboring job was not our main focus in life despite the job paying about $1700 per month.After working for 4-7 months, everyone of us got a better job in different fields. Unfortunately, there are people with citizenship or green card still working at the warehouse for more than 2+ years. Its not that i am better or we are better but its because we dont want to settle for less in the State.

What i am trying to convey is that we should never loose focus of our aim in the State. You will definitely meet people that will discourage you and tell you that US is a difficult country and that things are hard. Never you believe that.

The most important things is to talk and try to help as many people as possible. He that give will never lack in life.

Most people don't like to talk about their work in US. Personally, i believed that its only a small minded person that will behave this way. We are living in a fast paced information world. What you know today might be an outdated info tomorrow. How will you know the latest tech new or info if you dont talk about what you do or share information. You will definitely meet a lot of Nigerians like this. Just move on and leave them to their outdated ideas. When u are making your millions or six figures, they will be the one to seek you out asking and volunteering info for you.

Thanks for the above post back in January. I am currently moving to South Carolina.I am currently a certified QA tester but also interested in SAP and EPIC.
I will appreciate so much if you can link me up in the areas of QA job since thats where i'm presently certified and possibly training opportunity for EPIC and SAP.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by penticom: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
pls house, can i get ssn n green card for my
wife n children dat are still in nigeria?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
penticom: pls house, can i get ssn n green card for my

I suggest you explain your situation and status better to enable right advise.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
penticom: pls house, can i get ssn n green card for my

NO SIR.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by abesin01(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
Please house,I need the the web link fordriving license test.tks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:14am On Apr 28, 2013
abesin01: Please house,I need the the web link fordriving license test.tks
just select the state you are and you are gud to go.Make sre you master it at least twice a day until u are able to score atleast 24/30.
http://driversprep.com/test.php

all the best bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by abesin01(m): 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
temmytanny: just select the state you are and you are gud to go.Make sre you master it at least twice a day until u are able to score atleast 24/30.
http://driversprep.com/test.php

all the best bro

@temmytanny thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
I Applied for SSN after 21 days as informed at the Social security office in Houston, Texas and got it within 5days but curiously my Green Card is yet to arrive after 30days.

Dont think this is usual, Wetin happen?.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2013
@seal777 call their office Monday moni to clarify tins.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2013
Hi people, been quite a while I left a comment here. I'm gonna be six month away from the US by first week in July and right now planning to go back again for a week or 2 but air fare is up there. I'm thinking if anybody has an info on how I could get a very cheap fare to Dallas/Houston.
The reason why I have still not concluded on the plan to move permanently is the anxiety about getting something paying like what I am doing right now. your advise is quite important please.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy: Hi people, been quite a while I left a comment here. I'm gonna be six month away from the US by first week in July and right now planning to go back again for a week or 2 but air fare is up there. I'm thinking if anybody has an info on how I could get a very cheap fare to Dallas/Houston.
The reason why I have still not concluded on the plan to move permanently is the anxiety about getting something paying like what I am doing right now. your advise is quite important please.

U could use www.wakanow.com to compare flight fares, book and pay against the very date you wanna head back in. So have you decided to jettison your cash cow? Please do not jeopardize your residency.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2013
ferdimako:

U could use www.wakanow.com to compare flight fares, book and pay against the very date you wanna head back in. So have you decided to jettison your cash cow? Please do not jeopardize your residency.

Thanks man, for the response, still wanna do some milking for a while and that's why I want to go for like a week and back.
bros no cow anywhere o, I'm just an oilfield service guy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy:

Thanks man, for the response, still wanna do some milking for a while and that's why I want to go for like a week and back.
bros no cow anywhere o, I'm just an oilfield service guy.

mogzy check this out.http://immigrationworkvisa./2011/03/22/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-more-than-6-months-at-risk/
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy: Hi people, been quite a while I left a comment here. I'm gonna be six month away from the US by first week in July and right now planning to go back again for a week or 2 but air fare is up there. I'm thinking if anybody has an info on how I could get a very cheap fare to Dallas/Houston.
dont try it bro,you may be denied entry into US if you tried that twice witout any gud reason for doing so.Read Adesoji link for more info
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
Imcool: GLORY BE TO GOD! IT'S TRULY THE LORD'S DOING AND IT'S MARVELLOUS IN MY SIGHT. I & wifey left naija via EMIRATES on thursday, 28/04 for Houston. Our flight was scheduled to take off by 8:50pm but took of by 10:30pm cuz d air conditioning unit was not working well and had to be fixed. It was 7hrs journey to Dubai so we arrived Dubai by 8:30am local time on friday 19/04. We missed our connecting flight cuz of d delay in naija and our visas were stamped on transit while our appointment was scheduled for d next day since EMIRATES only fly from Dubai to Houston once in a day. EMIRATES also offered us free transportation, free hotel accommodation, free phone call and meal tickets @MILLENIUM HOTEL- a world class hotel in Dubai. We left Dubai by 9:05 local time on saturday, 20/04 and arrived Houston by 4:30 local time on saturday, 20/04. We went thru all necessary security checks and was was admitted into d US of A. Thanks be to ALMIGHTY GOD and to all of u cuz without u, this great dream of ours wouldn't av been a reality. I'm also sorry for updating u late, i've been really down cuz of d stress and i'm recently trying to get back on my feet. AMERICA- LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, HERE COME IMCOOL!

GLORY BE TO GOD!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
House,I know is possible for me to come in before my family comes. But in the form I send to kcc, I wrote that my family r going with me hope this won't be of any problem at POE for me or them when they r coming in?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Under the page where I want to
pay for the Green Card for $165, I
dont really understand what "billing address" is.
Does it mean d place in US i want 2 receive d Green Card? Somebody should please explain this to
me.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
cenobs007: Under the page where I want to
pay for the Green Card for $165, I
dont really understand what "billing address" is.
Does it mean d place in US i want 2 receive d Green Card? Somebody should please explain this to
me.

The address you have on record with the bank who issued the card with which you are paying is most suitable to use.
Its usually the address where your receipt will be sent but in some cases if it does not tally with the address on record, there could be some delays.
I hope that helps
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

mogzy check this out.http://immigrationworkvisa./2011/03/22/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-more-than-6-months-at-risk/

Thanks Temmy & Soji, I just got married about a week ago, wondering what signal that might be to them. I went through the link and it seems one can not actually predict what the airport's immigration might have in stock for one. I'm thinking of taking a step right now which includes writing my resignation letter with a notice till May ending.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy:

Thanks Temmy & Soji, I just got married about a week ago, wondering what signal that might be to them. I went through the link and it seems one can not actually predict what the airport's immigration might have in stock for one. I'm thinking of taking a step right now which includes writing my resignation letter with a notice till May ending.

Take it easy my brother! Do not let anyone frighten you. I have my neigbor here in Nigeria who has been servicing her green card for the past 10 years. She goes back to US after every 6 months and spends a week or so. The rules are very clear: You cannot stay out of US for more than 6 months. I know of another guy who couldn't get a good job in Nigeria and went back to continue with his paying job in Nigeria (He works in the embassy and is paid good dollars). Relax! Ask any immigration lawyer, you are not taking any wrong step. Don't leave that paying job till you have found one in US. Be warned!! That link is not an official link from KCC or US Department of State. Comfirm very well, people put all kinds of links on the net to frighten people.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
ogbonlowob:

Take it easy my brother! Do not let anyone frighten you. I have my neigbor here in Nigeria who has been servicing her green card for the past 10 years. She goes back to US after every 6 months and spends a week or so. The rules are very clear: You cannot stay out of US for more than 6 months. I know of another guy who couldn't get a good job in Nigeria and went back to continue with his paying job in Nigeria (He works in the embassy and is paid good dollars). Relax! Ask any immigration lawyer, you are not taking any wrong step. Don't leave that paying job till you have found one in US. Be warned!! That link is not an official link from KCC or US Department of State. Comfirm very well, people put all kinds of links on the net to frighten people.

thanks ogbonlowo, but could it be your neighbor is already a citizen?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy:

thanks ogbonlowo, but could it be your neighbor is already a citizen?
My neigbor is a medical student and won the lottery when she was in 300levels in the university here in Nigeria. She has used these past 10 years to complete her education, get married and is on her residency programme. She plans to go settle finally in US with her husband after completing her residency here in Nigeria. If you want more proofs, don't rely on such kinds of links: Pay to talk with a US immigration lawyer for like 30 minutes. My brother, real knowledge is power!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ogbonlowo, I appreciate your contribution...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
mogzy: @ogbonlowo, I appreciate your contribution...
you can take the risk if you can but pls can you confirm if the person(lady)has gotten her citizenship.I will give you some links soon if you dont believe the ones adesoji posted.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
@mogzy,

please read page 10 of this link,if you arent satisfied,then you can go ahead with your initial plans

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

I dont want to argue with any one here. The website above is USCIS website.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ temmy n adesoji, pls can u help to answer my question. thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
owobabaisabella: House,I know is possible for me to come in before my family comes. But in the form I send to kcc, I wrote that my family r going with me hope this won't be of any problem at POE for me or them when they r coming in?

Mot at all, for as long as they come into the country within their 6 months visa expiration period, taking into consideration their medical expiry date anyway.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 11:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
seal777: .

Mot at all, for as long as they come into the country within their 6 months visa expiration period, taking into consideration their medical expiry date anyway.

thnx seal77, of cos they will come in before their visa expire. The visa and medical expire the same day, my worry is that on their visa there is where it is written "valid only if Acc/FTJ spouse" that was why i asked if it wont be any problem @ the poe when am the first to come over.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
owobabaisabella: @ temmy n adesoji, pls can u help to answer my question. thanks

Sorry baba, I just came back from work.Yes there is no problem with that, my friend in Houston did same thing, he came down as Principal applicant get a job a house within three months and his wife and kids joined him later, but the issue of medical should be taking into consideration too, his wife was disturbed for the medical issue and was mandated to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
Based on the USCIS link above, I think it will be wisdom to thread with care; please, do not resign your job yet. You can write the resignation letter and package one month salary and give to a friend to go to your office and drop if you are successfully admitted into the U.S. at the port of entry. I wouldn't want you to loose both ways. What I mean is this: If you get to the port of entry and they deny you entry into the U.S. and you have already resigned, then you loose 2 ways. To avoid loosing both ways, wait till you are successfully admitted into US before you now ask your close friend or family member to drop your resignation at your office. Find out from others to: You may come in through some routes in the US like the sub-urbs where the immigration officers are not so strict to avoid wahala. Then just jeje enter bus or train till you reach where you dey go. Even if it is from one end of US to another. The quiz to answer now is this: People on this forum should help with port of entry with no much immigration wahala, like a village airport or so. Not airports like JFK or Atlanta. Thanks!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
ogbonlowob:
My neigbor is a medical student and won the lottery when she was in 300levels in the university here in Nigeria. She has used these past 10 years to complete her education, get married and is on her residency programme. She plans to go settle finally in US with her husband after completing her residency here in Nigeria. If you want more proofs, don't rely on such kinds of links: Pay to talk with a US immigration lawyer for like 30 minutes. My brother, real knowledge is power!

baba just like your name, wisdom is money o, the link I posted is not to condemn anybody but to shed more light on the issue, recently one of our friend on nairaland too was warned by immigration officer when he came back last month after 6 months in naija to make sure he starts working in United state before his residency clocks two years. The link also emphasized that there must be "a tie to United state" e.g a house, driver's license, bills etc to be a able to naturalize in the nearest future.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Sorry baba, I just came back from work.Yes there is no problem with that, my friend in Houston did same thing, he came down as Principal applicant get a job a house within three months and his wife and kids joined him later, but the issue of medical should be taking into consideration too, his wife was disturbed for the medical issue and was mandated to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released.
Sorry, didn't get that medical part well: did the wife's medical expire or was close to expiry? why did she have to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released? thanks.

Also Owobaba, you wrote above that your medical and visa expire same time: It is capital " IMPOSSIBLE". You did your medical a week or 2 before interview and so both visa and medical cannot expire at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.