Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75103 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2008
Ifeniyi22:

hi.
can someone please list the number of Hitv stations along with the names that he/she receives at the moment.Thanks

Why don't you start first? Then we can give you station lists. wink wink
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2008
HITV i just bought my dish on june 4th and its been scrambled.i went to ur office twice and d guy was busy making fish eyes, SCN is 017 1009 6531 2,phone no is 08057339593, pls abeg,i want to watch ETV on sunday.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ehie.welcome to d club.hitv is rubbish
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2008
niyi09:

@ehie.welcome to d club.hitv is rubbish

lol. I can't help but laugh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2008
@Ifeniyi22,

well it depends, those on cable have more station than those on DTV. I use the DTV and I have 16 stations, these are:
Cable

Get ALL our channels for just N4,000 per month!

Equipment cost: N14,000
Monthly subscription: N4,000
Total: N18,000
Only available in Lagos
Satellite Package

Get 16 channels including ALL Sports Channels for just N4,000 per month!

Channels include BBC World, E! Entertainment, God TV, MTV Base, Hi Soccer, Hi Sports, Hi Sports2, Hi Nolly, Nigezie, Hi Mix, Hi Kids, Hi Life, Sky News, Eurosport News and Nickelodeon
Equipment cost: N9,999
Monthly subscription: N4,000
Total: N13,999
Available nationwide
MTV is not on my package, what I have is Art 2 movie (an Arabic movie station)

All Packages are exclusive of N5,000 for installation

check this link: http://www.hitv.com.ng/packages.php
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2008
@ehie,

can you do a manual rescan of your decoder? or get someone locally to check the antenna alignment. get one of HiTV distributor.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2008
Aremu,what are the other channels you have on the cable platform? I don't have MTV base but i have Trace. Does that mean i can still get MTV if scanned properly? Tell me on what Satellite i can get that.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2008
can anyone in Hitv assit us on satelite to get MTV BASE and E entertainment
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2008
Thanks luckily for me my HITV came up on sat evning.i can scan by checking all the sat and searching.i used to have some free channels on HITV like Foxnews,Nollywood,PCFI,Trend Series etc,but i reset it to default and i can only get GTV,LASCO,BET and the rest of the 25 channels,but BET isnt showing.
anyway i watched my ETV on sunday(twas great)but cant HITV put more movie channels and fahion channels.
thanks for the warm welcome,but i hope the smiles last oh!cause am sugar and spice
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2008
cant get MTV
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2008
ehie:

Thanks luckily for me my HITV came up on sat evning.i can scan by checking all the sat and searching.i used to have some free channels on HITV like Foxnews,Nollywood,PCFI,Trend Series etc,but i reset it to default and i can only get GTV,LASCO,BET and the rest of the 25 channels,but BET isnt showing.
anyway i watched my ETV on sunday(twas great)but can't HITV put more movie channels and fahion channels.
thanks for the warm welcome,but i hope the smiles last oh!cause am sugar and spice
ARE u using satelite dish or cable. also which one is ETV.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
Sattelite dish
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
Entertainment tv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2008
To get more channels

Go to MENU then put the inst number 0000
then u will see sat search or ant search
choose the seach and pick all the sat there then scan u will get more channels
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
ehie:

anyway i watched my ETV on sunday(twas great)but can't HITV put more movie channels and fahion channels.

Do you mean you can view all those channels? I have have them but cannot view them. Pls tell us more.I also have Foxnews,Nollywood,PCFI,Trend Series etc but they rarely show.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2008
I CAN VIEW ALL THESE CHANNELS SKYNEWS GODTV, BBC NEWS, HI SPORT, EUROSPORTNEWS, HI SOCCER, HI SPORT 2, CNBC, HI NOLLY, HI MIX, HI KIDS, HI LIFE, TRACE TV, ARTMOVIE 2, TRENDSERIES, TRENDSPORT, FOX NEWS, NOLLYWOOD,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2008
sorry GTV,LASCO ETC dont show,when i had trend and Nollywood,they were on 24/7 even without the card inserted.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by eji(f): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2008
hi all,the cable platform no longer works.i advice u go to hitv to get a new dish and migrate to the dth sateillte platform.
Mtvbase,foxsports and kennis tv will be added to the satellite platform.i was told hitv will add one new channel every week.how they will do it i don't know,but zee cinema will come first.cnbc africa/foxnews next,setanta sport later,kidsco,etc.
Also was told we shall see a new and re-branded hitv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
@eji,this is not the first time of Hitv promising new channels,they have been promising us since last december,i hope this time they r serious about it
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
eji:

hi all,the cable platform no longer works.i advice u go to hitv to get a new dish and migrate to the dth sateillte platform.
Mtvbase,foxsports and kennis tv will be added to the satellite platform.i was told hitv will add one new channel every week.how they will do it i don't know,but zee cinema will come first.cnbc africa/foxnews next,setanta sport later,kidsco,etc.
Also was told we shall see a new and re-branded hitv.

i'll keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2008
@bluehorizo,

I have Trace too and not MTV. MTV use to be on HiTV cable platform.

@ehie and others,

you can a manual scan on your decoder, your satellite should on EUTELSAT W4, freq on 11.745Ghz (for Trend stations) and 11.900Ghz (for HiTV), you should get a total of 25 station. cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 12:03am On Jun 17, 2008
The total package i get is 16 channels. Do you mean i can get more? I have been scanning all night but all the other channels i got could not descramble. Any help there?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by toskom(m): 12:40am On Jun 17, 2008
it is important for all to know that presently hitv has only 16 channels but hitv is going to add more channesl sooner than you think. hitv has nothing to do with the free to air channel. it is only concern with his own channels. I know the management of hitv are seriously working to see that more channel comes up from this week. As for MTV, hitv does not have that now on satellite but i know hitv is doing everything possible to satisfy his subscribers. All HITV subscribers are definitely in for a great time, that i say with all certainty. anyone with a problem of scrambled channel should call the customer care service and you will be well attended to.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 1:06am On Jun 17, 2008
@toskom

Na today? grin (we have been hearing this since december last year)

Are u a real member of staff with hitv or are you a contractor with them like urfriend?

If you are a member of staff, then you should be able to give dates and be sure of your info.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 2:04am On Jun 17, 2008
toskom

Don't feed us craps here.Ok? We need facts.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2008
bluehorizo:

Don't feed us craps here.Ok? We need facts.

Words!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 11:35am On Jun 19, 2008
i did a rescan on my hitv decoder some mins ago and found new channels, though they are not showing presently. the question is that are they for hitv, gtv or dstv ?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2008
Femo

tell us the Channels you found then we can be able to tell you.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2008
@FEMO7

If you allow the scan to run full course, you are going to get channels that don't belong to Hitv and most likely going to be scrambled.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by dyabman(m): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2008
Hi rubbish
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2008
hi all,hitv just added zee cinema on 12130 H 27500.they will be sharing the transponder with gtv till eutelsat launches it's new satellite called eutelsat w7 by mid july 2009.hitv shall add one new channel every week.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by toskom(m): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2008
well, for those who do not know how to inpute this frequency, it is better u call your installer to help you out and that is what i am going to do. someone tried doing it by himself and he ended up wiping out the software on the decoder until he took it to hitv where it was flashed back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.