Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75126 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi senga,well the deal of dstv with discovery is breaking up,because hitv has signed on discovery civiliazation.well for the epl,after the 18months has u said,we will fine out who will get it.hitv already has the uefa champions league,uefa cup,uefa super cup,carling cup,coca cola championship all from next year august 2009.that's to tell up that they are planning for the future,that don't mean they[hitv] will not work to improving activation,contents and adding more channels.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi ilugunboy and all,please do send all complain on payments,subscriptions,activation etc,to info@hientertainment.tv.

for sports send it to sports@hientertainment.tv
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
@urfriend,

Used to send such mail, but you can never get any acknowledgement, not to talk of response.

Unless you are telling me that things have improved.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi ilugunboy,yes it has improved.send ur mails based on the issues at hand to the above mentioned mail addresses.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2008
ilugunboy:

@urfriend,

Used to send such mail, but you can never get any acknowledgement, not to talk of response.

Workers are few. The few workers there are overwhelmed by the volume of work.

Whenever I go there, its like a mad house.

They need to start employing and move into a bigger building
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2008
ilugunboy:

@urfriend,

Thought i was the only one they never responded to.

Urfriend

I scanned my decoder and check out the other channels i got:

Kidsco

G Africa

G series

NGWld

Trace

INSP

BET

The only thing is that they cannot be desscrambled sad sad sad Are those part of HITV channels or a free-to-air?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi bluehorizo,g africa,g series and kidsco belong to gtv/gbs[www.gtv.tv][freq 12130H27500],WHILE bet,ngwild,trace and inspiration tv below to dstv[12169H27500].THEY ARE NOT FREE.for bet it's not meant for us in nigeria yet.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2008
@tboy81

Please pay your sub ooh! grin grin, let keep encouraging them, i know it somehow crazy, but then they are our "own".
If you don't pay, i don't pay and everyone else decline to pay, how would they get contents and improvements we sought from them.

@urfriend,

That environ Hitv is located is not good for the type of image the coy needs, like soloqy mentioned, it time they move to a bigger building in a nicer enviroment.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2008
hi ilugunboy,i heard they will soon be re-locating to a new place.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2008
@urfriend

I am new here and read some other threads on hitv.You used to have a partner nicknamed Rahym

Where the hell is Rahym?

Its obivious that you are some sort of contractor or system integrator with hitv and not really a staff.

Rahym on the other part is a full hitv staff so he should come back here and verify all this you have been saying about aquisition of new channels.

I wonder why he suddenly chose not to reply here anymore.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2008
hi soloqy,rahym is very very bizy.he is one of the IT guys at hitv.he is among those working to improve the activation system/process at hitv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2008
urfriend:

hi ilugunboy,i heard they will soon be re-locating to a new place.

urfriend, anytime you use that word soon, am always worried. grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
hi ilugunboy,well the reason why,is because SOON can be anytime.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 05, 2008
Urfriend,

Pls can you can confirm if additional contents will be added before August. Just curious.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2008
hi to all those who are on the hitv cable platform,hitv has formally shutdown the service.subscribers on the cable platform are adviced to return the antenna only and get a dish and lnb for free.go to ur dealer or go to hitv office at ebute metta with ur subscription form.u shall be transfered to the satellite platform.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2008
hi ilugunboy,well with what i was told,yes.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 4:19am On Jun 06, 2008
@urfriend

This is a nightmare.

You mean one has to go through that nightmare of an office?

Imagine the commotion this shutting down would cause?

Let me even check my tv now and see.

Woe betide anyone who makes me pay a kobo for any change

You say we should go with our cable antenna and receive dish and lnb, what about installation?

I paid for the installation when I got hitv so who is going to handle that?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 7:54am On Jun 06, 2008
Wow! Av been waiting for this opportunity. Now i think it's d right time to sue their sorry ass. I am goin to make sure they sweat until they bleed. After all the exploitations and loss of subscriptions over the last months.

U guys better get ur lawyers ready! Buncha of sorry HiThieves!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
hi ayusman16 and sology,look it's between u and ur installer.we all know the cost of fuel is going high and the amount of subscribers on the cable platform is really less.they maintain 4 repeater sites in slere,festac,ikeja and v/i.the cost of fueling those site is high.that's why they are moving all cable sub. to satellite.getting the dish and lnb is free,but for installation u have to speak to to your installer.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
Hi all,hitv shall be adding one or two channels,from what i was told my a top staff at hitv,it will be next week.

Also u shall be seeing a new studio set for analysis from august.activation will be fast and easier,they just signed a deal with a company called magnaquest[www.magnaquest.net].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2008
@urfriend

Dont know any other installers.

When I got hitv, I paid for everything, including installation and hitv installers did the installation.

So am supposed to bare the cost of this transition?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2008
u are to pay nothing to get the dish and lnb.there are installers at hitv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2008
new studio is not what the subs are clamouring for but new contents that would keep them glued to their tv sets. On which transponder are they going to be adding the one or two channels next week?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2008
Hello Urfriend,

I have being using HiTV since last year Nov. I remembered HiTV engineer told me that HiTV will add one station every month. It is almost a year now but only 5 stations have been added. I think it is time that HiTV add more stations to its station. Subscribers are getting bored since premiership has ended. HiTV need to include more foreign: Movie stations, documentary stations, cartoon stations etc.
This what their subscribers are yeahing for.
cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2008
hi femo09,well fromwhat i was told it will be thisweek they will start uplinking channels,starting with zee cinema.on what transponder they will add it to,that we will have to wait and see.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2008
HI ALL,

HiTV Secures UEFA Champions League Rights
•Carling Cup, UEFA Cup too
By Tunde Sulaiman, 06.09.2008

HiTV, Nigeria’s wholly indigenous Pay TV company, has won the rights to broadcast one of the world’s most lucrative and premier football championships – the UEFA Champions League.
The company, which only commenced full commercial operations late last year, has also landed the rights to the UEFA Cup and English Carling Cup competitions, while it will also now show highlights of the second tier of English football – the Coca-Cola Championship.
Multichoice, the South African Pay TV operator which used to own the rights to UEFA Champions League, EUFA Cup and Carling Cup, lost out in the race for the Nigerian market following the success of HiTV’s bid.
The rights for the four packages, which HiTV has already paid for, are for three years.
HiTV already has three-year broadcast rights to 80 per cent of English Premier League games, the world’s most watched football league, which cover the 2007-2010 seasons.
Although the financial details of the latest deals are not yet known, but from the 2009/2010 season, the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup and Carling Cup, which had hitherto been the preserve of Multichoice, will now only be shown on HiTV.
The deals will last till the 2011/2012 season.
According to sources in the know of the deal, the Lagos-based outfit also outbid African Independent Television (AIT), which is believed to have wanted to use the content to launch its own Pay TV platform.
The latest move is coming on the heels of the stunning coup by HiTV in securing the rights to the very popular English Premier League and the Spanish La Liga from their rivals, Multichoice, operators of DSTV.
HiTv, piloted by Mr. Toyin Subair, winner of THISDAY’s Young Entrepreneur Award last year, immediately crashed the subscription rates of satellite viewing.
With UEFA again tinkering with its flagship tournament for club sides, next season’s Champions League competition will comprise 146 matches (as against 125 currently) whilst the UEFA Cup competition comprises 205 matches (both totalling 351 matches) per season spread across 20 weeks of top flight European football.
The popularity of the Champions League was brought to the fore late last month when Manchester United played Chelsea in the final in Moscow and virtually the whole of Nigeria came to a stand still.
HiTV’s rights to these two competitions also cover mobile phone and internet platforms.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2008
Hi Urfriend

So this not for for the 2008/2009? The incremental subscriptions that HiTV will obtain will not cover the costs of obtaining these rights over the three years, somebody has deep pockets.

HiTV is really only a football DTH and remember sport accounts for only 20% of a Platform, although they are the most vocal. That is why they are not eating into the Multichoice subscribers. The majority of these subscribers take both HiTV for the Football and DSTV for the entertainment.

You still have never answered my question how many transponders does HiTV have today!!!

By the way the SMS they have purchased (Magnaquest) is a good one and hopefully their subscribers will reap the benefit sooner rather than later.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by donaremu(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2008
Hey Urfriend,

Yeah, HiTV is Nigeria indigenous Pay TV company that really brought competition to the market digital satellite television. I remember DSTV reducing the price of system not one or twice or thrice due to HiTV landmark introduction but it is as if the focus of HiTV as changed from being customer oriented to money oriented.

Just like Senga said "HiTV is really only a football DTH and remember sport accounts for only 20% of a Platform, although they are the most vocal. That is why they are not eating into the Multichoice subscribers. The majority of these subscribers take both HiTV for the Football and DSTV for the entertainment"
HiTV needs to add more interest station to their network.
I have sent emails to the email address you gave but it is a pity that I have not gotten any response. Also, ART Movie 2 is a rubbish station, I believe HiTV can do better than that. Please add better contents.

cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2008
@donaremu

art movie2 is targeted at the arab community in Nigeria. Lebanese, Egyptians, etc.

It sold a lot of subscriptions for hitv.

urfriend said they want to start uploading new chanells starting with Zee cenima(Bolywood/Indian)

Now u ask urself why start with that abi?

Me thinks its also targeted at the large indian community in naija.

They(hitv) can be smart but can also be annoyingly frustrating at the same time
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2008
hi all,
those of u who say football amount to 20% of the dth business in nigeria,that percentage is dead wrong.football is big business here.to me the real amount is over 60%.dstv has sports,movies,series,entertainment etc, in nigeria for over 14years now and have just over 500,000 subscribers.hitv has football,music and news for 1year and they have over 170,000 subscribers.we are over 140million people in nigeria,it's a free market.people will alway choose what the like[either dstv,hitv,trendtvdaarsat etc].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2008
hi all,uefa just posted this on it's site[www.uefa.com].

HiTV win Nigeria Pay TV rights,

HiTV, a leading Pay TV operator, has been named as the clear winner with their bid for the exclusive Pay TV rights for the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the UEFA Cup in Nigeria.

All broadcast platforms
The rights will be widely exploited across all broadcast platforms ensuring significant exposure. Live matches as well as comprehensive highlights programmes and delayed match coverage will be available on the Hi Soccer and Hi Sports channels. In addition, there will also be a magazine programme featuring a weekly roundup of action, news and events from the UEFA Champions League. Football fans in Nigeria will also be able to enjoy the action via live streaming on the Internet on www.hitv.com.ng and on mobile.

Free-to-air bidding
As part of its deal with HiTV, UEFA may also award rights to a free-to-air broadcaster in Nigeria for UEFA Champions League matches (including the UEFA Champions League final and the UEFA Super Cup) and UEFA Cup matches (including the UEFA Cup final). However, the competitive nature of the bidding is such that the award of these rights has yet to be concluded. UEFA has therefore invited a second round of bidding.

New broadcast partner
"We are pleased to announce a new broadcast partner in the form of HiTV," said UEFA on Monday. "The strength of their offer demonstrates the importance of the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup in Nigeria. At the same time, UEFA wishes to thank Supersport, for their contribution to broadcasting the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup in Nigeria in recent seasons. Their partnership with UEFA will continue until the end of the 2008/09 season.

Competitive sales process
"The sales process in sub-Saharan Africa (excluding the Republic of South Africa and Sudan) is proving to be extremely competitive, with UEFA receiving offers from several of the major regional and national broadcasters throughout the continent," said UEFA. TEAM Marketing AG is the exclusive marketing agent of UEFA for the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Cup.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Ifeniyi22(m): 9:12am On Jun 11, 2008
hi.
can someone please list the number of Hitv stations along with the names that he/she receives at the moment.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.