Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe (17008 Views)

Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

I definitely would not have done it the way Ojukwu did it. I'd have delayed, delayed, delayed...building up an army and resources secretly.

Declare independence in 1970 or 1975 from a stronger position rather than from a weak one.

I figure that if you want to confront someone much bigger/stronger than you, you need to be very prepared.
You mean you'll prepare for ten years for a war? Even though you know that you're not a life regional premier. You'll probably be outsted in a few years. Meanwhile, while you're preparing, your people will keep being massacred, lef, right and center but you'll still be preparing. I bow for you oga.

Note that it has never been Ojukwu's decision to secede from the beginning. All this was brought to the fore Post Aguiyi-Ironsi and the events that came thereafter.

The same thing we accuse Ojukwu for doing is the same thing that no one has the balls to do today despite the fact that things are worse of that they were pre-biafra. We keep shouting break-Nigeria from left, right and center and no one seems to be stepping up to the plate. The moment another Ojukwu steps up from the east, thirty years down the line, he will be labelled as the worse thing to happen to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
may God add more years to you, great chinua achebe!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:
You mean you'll prepare for ten years for a war? Even though you know that you're not a life regional premier. You'll probably be outsted in a few years. Meanwhile, while you're preparing, your people will keep being massacred, lef, right and center but you'll still be preparing. I bow for you oga.

Note that it has never been Ojukwu's decision to secede from the beginning. All this was brought to the fore Post Aguiyi-Ironsi and the events that came thereafter.

The same thing we accuse Ojukwu for doing is the same thing that [size=16pt]no one has the balls to do today[/size] despite the fact that things are worse of that they were pre-biafra. We keep shouting break-Nigeria from left, right and center and no one seems to be stepping up to the plate. The moment another Ojukwu steps up from the east, thirty years down the line, he will be labelled as the worse thing to happen to Nigeria.

thank you!
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:

The same thing we accuse Ojukwu for doing is the same thing that no one has the balls to do today despite the fact that things are worse of that they were pre-biafra. We keep shouting break-Nigeria from left, right and center and no one seems to be stepping up to the plate. The moment another Ojukwu steps up from the east, thirty years down the line, he will be labelled as the worse thing to happen to Nigeria.

AFAM you have said the bitter truth....RESPECT.
afam4eva:

AFAM you have said the bitter truth....I respect you.
afam4eva:

AFAM you have said the bitter truth....I respect you.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Rossikk:

Achebe comes across as a tribalist to me. Why does he not criticise those who declared 'Biafra' and put the lives of millions of Igbos at risk in so doing? Other nations that declare secession/war, do they not prepare for it? How can you go into battle with cutlass and light weapons against a country like Nigeria? It makes no sense, and Achebe attacking Awo and co for taking advantage of the Igbo leadership's stupidity makes no sense. Can you believe the Igbo leaders were banking on FRANCE to assist them and send them weapons? France are like TWINS with the UK. The strongest of allies. Not surprisingly the French abandoned Biafra once the war started, no doubt after a few closed door meetings with the Brits in Paris or London in smoke-filled rooms over Brandy.

Where is Achebe's criticism of Igbo naivety in all this??
why do blind people always rush to say that biafra was declared stupidly? You said 3 million igbos were killed during the war? How many igbos were already killed in the north before the war? Did ojukwu just wake up from sleep and declare biafra? His brothers were being massacred mercilessly in the north when the country was just about seven years of age. If you were him what would you have done? Being the sacrificial victim at that early stage of the country,when will it stop! What ojukwu did was the best. It's better you die fighting for ur freedom than being just murdered one by one by jihadist. EVEN UPTILL TODAY, HAS THE KILLING STOPPED OR IS OJUKWU STILL DECLARING BIAFRA?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by T9ksy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
Antivirus92: why do blind people always rush to say that biafra was declared stupidly? You said 3 million igbos were killed during the war? How many igbos were already killed in the north before the war? Did ojukwu just wake up from sleep and declare biafra? His brothers were being massacred mercilessly in the north when the country was just about seven years of age. If you were him what would you have done? Being the sacrificial victim at that early stage of the country,when will it stop! What ojukwu did was the best. It's better you die fighting for ur freedom than being just murdered one by one by jihadist. EVEN UPTILL TODAY, HAS THE KILLING STOPPED OR IS OJUKWU STILL DECLARING BIAFRA?

Unfortunately, Ojukwu did not die for his freedom rather he legged it in the middle of the night (for his

freedom), leaving his people at the mercy of the nigerian army. This was the same nigerian army that ojukwu had told his

people were ready to wipe the whole ibo race off the face of the world map. What then stopped the nigerian army from

killing the whole lot of them after ojukwu had absconded?

Among others, ojukwu was a damn liar who fooled his people into going to war, unprepared in order to satisfy his own

inordinate ambition. Even, as his people were dropping dead daily (in their hundreds)from hunger, ojukwu still refused to

surrender but rather exploited the plight of his people to get more aid from friendly nations.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Rossikk:

But what about the declaration of secession that led to the war? That wasn't done democratically. We seem to forget that none of these people acted in real consultation with the masses, or under any sort of political legitimacy. Ojukwu, Gowon, etc were military dictators. Thugs - aged 31 and 32 at the start of the war. Two small boys. What gave any of them the right to take the country to war? We often discuss them like they were Churchill and De Gaulle. They were thugs running around with more firepower than common sense. They weren't even supposed to be anywhere near the corridors of power. Who elected them? The barrel of the gun?

I'm surprised Achebe is defending any of them and their actions, or even taking sides.

this is one of the reasons why nobody took yorrobbers serious in nigeria. So according to you, you see the war as a power tussle between ojukwu and gowon? May God grant biafra independent! We can't continue living with people who are back-stabbers,liars,saboteures,hypocrites. People who sees the truth but will decide to call black green. What do ojukwu have to do with creation of states? Though he may not like it but he knew that it's beyond his power. And for the last time, ojukwu never singly declared biafra. We igbos asked him to do so after trailers of dead igbo people killed by muslims in the north landed in onitsha. There was mourning all over igboland. Ojukwu told us what the outcome of the war would be but the igbos asked him to go on since the government led by gowon -a northerner,is not ready to do anything significant. If ojukwu or probabbly igbos had wanted war,they would have taken time to plan and prepare. But everything in that war was impromptu on the igbo side. And again there was never a time killing stopped in the north. I heard you say it. They only pause when they are drafting another strategy.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
nezer76:
To hell with Achebe or wht ever he calls himself the write up obivously is intresting cos i see it as an avenue 4 d acade writer to refersh is dead senses with dead memories and comment frm fresh memories dat would surpasses him. At d same time ,wit due respect to his long standing interllectual status prof. Achebe made several blunders in d totality of his article. First and foremost Achebe 4got to note dat it was failure on his own part as an elder stateman in d region that d rebellious war was not included in curicullum taught in skol,4 i think he shld know d procedure as an academician. Secondly 4 Achebe to av decribe d late Awolowo of blessed memories as a person driven by ambition is just a mere acknowledgement of the saga bravery and political genius which is forever infinito. Perhase prof can give answers to this question, where was he in the days of the biafara war,? Wht was his contribution pre the war and his reaction during it , i mean when ojukwu and his boys shipped arms through cameroon particularly d bakassi region? Wht effort did the prof did to stop the war as a patriotic Nigerian then? And wht would have been the reaction of Achebe assuming Ojukwu succeeded in d creation of his dreamed republic. Secondly d story of a biafra war shldnt be taught in skol cos it nt a noble one , else we end up passin to our younger generation the ego of an insubmisive and arrogant soilder whose ambition for power drives thousands of Nigerian to the war field and inter to makes them an enemy of their state. Another blunder of the d prof is in d comparison of the then Gowon administation reprisal attack on d biafran as a genocide or islamic jihad no it isnt, Government then had no issue at hand to justify d declaration of war against his part until ojukwu declare one and annouced d state of d biafran. Several tactical steps were taken by Gowon to stop ojukwu frm taking control of d entire ibos, lik d creation of another region and later states in d said region to subdue d powers of ojukwu over them all so it mavels to hear 4m a prof.of many years standing that it is genocize or jihad cos there hav nt been "that intention 2 wipe d igbo race off" or have there been any religion issue or it under tone in it all. A pratical example is the emissary of d warl ord after his depature to d govt in Lag.d then FCt were they killed or held prisoner of war?. Moreso of all the interllectual mind that i knw in d world, Achebe was the first 2 refer 2 ojukwu biafran war as a genocide or jihad why now after how many decades?. Achebe must be caution else he truncate the peace and unity we av for long laboured for most especially now that d unity of d nation is very fragile and disarry or else be presumed to be preparing d seceding of the ibos now dat Bayesal have her flag, coat of arm and national atheam different 4m dat of our dear Nigeria. Finally I beleive wit d age of prof. Achebe he shld be bold enough to annouce the already founded Republic of Biafran not beating around d bush, if not their son in power will av find solution to our brothers problm in d north, the boko haram manic spearing lik cancer after all late yar dua of blessed memories did find solution to theres(Militiant).
some people are just looking more and seeing less!
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:
You mean you'll prepare for ten years for a war? Even though you know that you're not a life regional premier. You'll probably be outsted in a few years.
Ousted by who? Internally or externally?

Meanwhile, while you're preparing, your people will keep being massacred, lef, right and center but you'll still be preparing. I bow for you oga.
Were they being massacred at the time Biafra was declared? Or several months (or was it even a year) before?

Like I said, just because you want to do something, doesn't mean it should be done right away. Timing is critical...and can be the difference between success and failure.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
In any case, if someone hates Awolowo, no wahala. I'd probably hate him too if I were Igbo/Biafran.

But, it is pretty dishonest to make the other side appear to be demons and make yourself look like an angel, as Achebe seems to be doing.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Katsumoto: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hahahaha

Mr Achebe is just being disingenuous, insincere, or naive.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
What is even the connection between them being massacred and the declaration of independence.

Are you saying that those within Biafra were being massacred, and declaring independence saved them?

If you are referring to those outside of Biafra, say still in the north...how on earth does seceding save them? Doesn't that actually increase the jeopardy they'd face?

I think that you guys aren't thinking very clearly or critically about this stuff.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:
You've not read the whole book to know that for sure...Also don't forget that Achebe was a Biafran to the core and he'll come across to be bias. If you're expecting an unbiased umpire in Achebe, then forget it.
afam inside you, you're trying to be neutral/unbiased. And you said that achebe is a core biafra and should be bias. Are you just trying to favour some people who don't really care about you? When men were men! Now men are now less than women! Grow up dude.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ACM10: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
Chei! How did I miss this thread?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Crayola1: 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
The book come out on the 11th if you feel inclined read the book and then judge.

The man is entitled to his opinions and his version is no more right or wrong than the next, because most of you here yourselves can't even agree on the basics about the war.

The only point that I can truly agree on is that if Gowon really believed in "no victor, no vanquished" he should have done reconstruction of the Eastern region like most countries do after civil war.

The Germany that fought with every damn country and killed over 6 million people was treated better after war...
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ACM10: 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
Katsumoto: Hahahaha

Mr Achebe is just being disingenuous, insincere, or naive.

Can you elaborate on your comment?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Crayola1:
The man is entitled to his opinions
Of course

and his version is no more right or wrong than the next, because most of you here yourselves can't even agree on the basics about the war.
If a certain opinion coincides with the truth (or is closer to the truth), you are saying that it is just as valid as one that is very far away from the truth? This is quite a bold claim.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
Which "most countries?"

Did the Soviets rebuild Eastern Germany properly?

Was Germany rebuild after WW1?

The Allies were magnanimous after WW2, in part because they learned lessons from WW1. But this certainly doesn't mean that "most" countries do the same after warfare.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ACM10: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear:
Of course

If a certain opinion coincides with the truth (or is closer to the truth), you are saying that it is just as valid as one that is very far away from the truth? This is quite a bold claim.

. . . and whose opinion coincides with the truth? Or better still, give us an account that rates high on your truth-o-meter.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Crayola1: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear:
Of course

My point as much as some folks like to claim that their "truth" is the truest version of events, the real facts are that its not. Which is why any thread on the civil war reads like an out of control mad lib with everyone weaving anecdotes and a few facts as the authoritive version of events.

The cause of war is never clear 100% but unlike other places its even harder to pin down because its Nigeria. A place where most people more often then not regurgitate what was passed down as generation and becomes fact. It doesnt help matters that talking about the war is taboo that any real tidbits of value will be lost to time.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ACM10: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Which "most countries?"

The Allies were magnanimous after WW2, in part because they learned lessons from WW1. But this certainly doesn't mean that "most" countries do the same after warfare.

I have problem with folks who uses false analogy to justify their bigoted position.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: What is even the connection between them being massacred and the declaration of independence.

Are you saying that those within Biafra were being massacred, and declaring independence saved them?

If you are referring to those outside of Biafra, say still in the north...how on earth does seceding save them? Doesn't that actually increase the jeopardy they'd face?

I think that you guys aren't thinking very clearly or critically about this stuff.
i really lack words to describe you!
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Crayola1: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Which "most countries?"

Yes. Money was poured into both sides but East Germany was poorer due to the economic policy of the USSR.

The US fought a civil war and the reconstruction period occurred in the South.

Japan received assistance from the US after the war.

China fights to maintain control of Tibet and still continues to build infrastructure in the region, to buy off support but still they don't have to.

Then why make the statement then? Who was Gowon trying to impress? The west who thought it was business as usual with the savages, and happy to continue pumping their oil?

The same guy who gushed that he didn't know what to do with all the oil money at his disposal?

If this happened to the North how much do you want to put on it that money to rebuild would have been uncountable?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
Crayola1:

My point as much as some folks like to claim that their "truth" is the truest version of events, the real facts are that its not. Which is why any thread on the civil war reads like an out of control mad lib with everyone weaving anecdotes and a few facts as the authoritive version of events.

The cause of war is never clear 100% but unlike other places its even harder to pin down because its Nigeria. A place where most people more often then not regurgitate what was passed down as generation and becomes fact. It doesnt help matters that talking about the war is taboo that any real tidbits of value will be lost to time.

Anyone can talk as much as they like about it.

The issue I have is that Achebe is trying to portray the other side as demons, and doesn't seem to accept and culpability for his side. E.g., the blockade and ensuing starvation.

That is quite dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
I take it that you grew up in the US, right? You do realize that reconstruction in the American South was aborted, ended prematurely? And this is something Southerners are to some extent still bitter about?

The USSR stripped Germany of many assets, at first. Factories dismantled and shipped over. They may later have poured resources into East Germany so that it wouldn't be too weak relatively to West Germany, but their intentions there were anything but good.

And yes, Japan received asisstance. But Germany after WW1 did not. How can you only pick and choose examples that suit you, and ignore the fact that reconstruction for the losing side is not the norm in war?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Dede1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
Rossikk:

Achebe comes across as a tribalist to me. Why does he not criticise those who declared 'Biafra' and put the lives of millions of Igbos at risk in so doing? Other nations that declare secession/war, do they not prepare for it? How can you go into battle with cutlass and light weapons against a country like Nigeria? It makes no sense, and Achebe attacking Awo and co for taking advantage of the Igbo leadership's stupidity makes no sense. Can you believe the Igbo leaders were banking on FRANCE to assist them and send them weapons? France are like TWINS with the UK. The strongest of allies. Not surprisingly the French abandoned Biafra once the war started, no doubt after a few closed door meetings with the Brits in Paris or London in smoke-filled rooms over Brandy.

Where is Achebe's criticism of Igbo naivety in all this??

It is only in the world of moronic dingbats that nationalistic movement and agitation for self-governance are heartily criticized. It is unfortunate functional illiterates in Nigeria had difficulties discerning the differences between nation or country and a region. Biafra was a region which constituted integral part of Nigeria and never existed as a nation until the declaration of independence.
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
ACM10:

. . . and whose opinion coincides with the truth? Or better still, give us an account that rates high on your truth-o-meter.

My claim here is that if there is "blame" for the civilians who starved to death in Biafra, then there is guilt also on the Biafran side. In particular, Achebe's implication that the culpability only lies with the Nigerian side is false.

Do you dispute this? In other words, do you agree with Achebe, that:
a) There was a "wrong" done when those civilians died to the blockade
b) all of the blame lies on the Nigerian side?
Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Antivirus92: i really lack words to describe you!

Of what relevance is this to me? It isn't as if I am seeking your approval or something. Either rebut the point I made or keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Ufeolorun(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
nku5: I tell you what with benefit of hindsight we know things could have been done a bit differently. That does not take away the reality of things that happened in the prosecution of the war. Whether we realise it or not, war has rules. If two men are fighting it doesn't give the other the right to look for the other ones chiildren to murder. Okay the war had ended, what about the post-war policies, banning of commodities that would have helped igbo people get back on their feet. As for[b] revisionism [/b]you haven't pointed out ONE lie in the article of which only an excerpt was posted. Anybody with the full article should please post so we can read it in full

I am not justifying actions taken during the war PER SE but we need to realise war is war, there's no other way to define it.
i grew up hearing the name Achebe but i have been disappointed- Anytime achebe talks or writes about the ills of Nigeria it comes with perceivable sectional slant.THE REAL ISSUE HERE FOR ME IS NOT THE WAR BUT THE PROFESSOR HIMSELF. HE'S TOO EDUCATED TO BE THIS BITTER.HE SHOULD CHANNEL THE BITTERNESS AND HIS STAR POWER INTO SOMETHING MORE CONCRETE FOR EASTERN NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Dede1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

I definitely would not have done it the way Ojukwu did it. I'd have delayed, delayed, delayed...building up an army and resources secretly.

Declare independence in 1970 or 1975 from a stronger position rather than from a weak one.

I figure that if you want to confront someone much bigger/stronger than you, you need to be very prepared.

I had believed that the above postulation was born out of undue pressure from tribalism. Ojukwu was an appointed military governor of a region not country for goodness sake. Can even elected governor of state in Nigeria import weapon and raise secret army in hope to declare independence? It appears Nigerians are always confused and have issue juxtaposing events properly.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by Antivirus92(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
T9ksy:

Unfortunately, Ojukwu did not die for his freedom rather he legged it in the middle of the night (for his

freedom), leaving his people at the mercy of the nigerian army. This was the same nigerian army that ojukwu had told his

people were ready to wipe the whole ibo race off the face of the world map. What then stopped the nigerian army from

killing the whole lot of them after ojukwu had absconded?

Among others, ojukwu was a damn liar who fooled his people into going to war, unprepared in order to satisfy his own

inordinate ambition. Even, as his people were dropping dead daily (in their hundreds)from hunger, ojukwu still refused to

surrender but rather exploited the plight of his people to get more aid from friendly nations.
it takes a man to do what ojukwu did. For your information-stop mistakening ojukwu for a fighter(a soldier who just shoot gun). Do you know what ojukwu was? Ojukwu was the brain box/engine room. A brain box never die in a war or the war is lost. Ojukwu never ran out but was asked to leave by biafrans. Yes ojukwu never fooled his people like awolowo/abiola did,instead he told them what the outcome would be and they asked him to go on. For the hunger stuff, it's a normal thing during a waring period. Ojukwu and igbos knew that such would happen cos nothing comes easy. But we are bent to get our freedom not minding the cost. Do you think that nigeria can wipe out igbos? NO,if they can,they would have done it. Nigeria really fought to the elastic limit. They knew they fought really with men and not boys even with russia/britain/arab league on their side.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe by ektbear: 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
Did this same military governor not successfully remove all the northern soldiers from the eastern region, or not, prior to the Aburi accords?

So, essentially all of the soldiers in the Eastern region at the time of the Aburi accords were under his command, yes?

If it were me in that position, then I would be in no rush. I would take my sweet time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Borno State[photos] / Tinubu: My Agenda For National Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.