Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953033 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 4:24am On May 13, 2015
lol. i only paid the student union fee when i got to finland. but if helsinki is asking for something diff.. i think you have no other option than to pay

Inufele1:
@Oga Sirkezman and Iceberg54 , Please I don't understand this University of Helsinki people O, they are saying I must pay for students' Union fee (€102) before I even secure my RP. They have made June 12th the deadline for me to accept my study place and July 31st deadline for enrollment. I can't complete my enrollment at faculty without paying the Student's Union fee. Though I can complete all these processes while still in Nigeria, is this the norm or there is another way around dis?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 4:25am On May 13, 2015
she will put the whole funds. but either way is fine.

ooluseyipa:

Yes. His/her name is mari. How is ur sister going to package her own acct. Is she going to put in all d money or na 500k? Becos dts what I am puting in my acct.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:19am On May 13, 2015
sirkezman:
she will put the whole funds. but either way is fine.

Okay bro.thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by razorraymon(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2015
hakeembee:

I guess nobody applied for MSc in Finance and Intl Business at Uni Vaasa. I am OYO. It is well o

I applied to University of Vaasa too, but not in Finance or International Business. They already send an email to notify me of the admission offer.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 13, 2015
razorraymon:

I applied to University of Vaasa too, but not in Finance or International Business. They already send an email to notify me of the admission offer.

Which means you were offered admission already? Was there any link to check admission list? If there is please let me know, thanks for the reply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by auroraborealis: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
sirkezman:
seems you are in the same department as my lil sis. Mari is the course coordinator abi? i personally sent him/her an email, telling her to sign the scholarship contract and send it back to me but she said it isnt necessary since it has been stated on the admission letter. and yes i think she is right. just package other documents and include the details in your introductory letter/SOP and you are good to go

@sirkezman which course did your younger sister apply for at UEF that gave her the €5000 yearly scholarship?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 11:11pm On May 13, 2015
@adebasket and sirkezman....

I want to put things in order before contacting the Finnish embassy.
Please, the issue of health insurance, which AIICO was the best suggested for(in this forum) as against SIP... I want to know if one is to pay for 1month insurance? Cos the kind money ds ppl talk for a year is damn too scary...

Part of their mail on health insurance:

'.......Please note that any communication or questions about the insurance should be directed to the insurance provider and that your residence permit will only be valid for as long as the health insurance that you buy.'

Ogas, pls clarify ds, abeg.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 6:27am On May 14, 2015
Cmanforall:
@adebasket and sirkezman....

I want to put things in order before contacting the Finnish embassy.
Please, the issue of health insurance, which AIICO was the best suggested for(in this forum) as against SIP... I want to know if one is to pay for 1month insurance? Cos the kind money ds ppl talk for a year is damn too scary...

Part of their mail on health insurance:

'.......Please note that any communication or questions about the insurance should be directed to the insurance provider and that your residence permit will only be valid for as long as the health insurance that you buy.'

Ogas, pls clarify ds, abeg.

U would need one year insurance regardless of what is written. Ur insursurance must cover u to the sum of 30, 000 Euro.
I would have advicesd you buy SIP..but the price is expensive. Using SIP means there will be no issue with the verification of Ur insurance document as even the embassy recommends it. However other insurance policies are accepted...but will go through verification and other processes to ensure the quality and the ability of the firm to pay claims in case something does happen to u. This takes time. Whatever one u purchase..must be valid for one year....and be worth 30,000 Euro cover
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2015
Guys I have a question ooooo.

If we re to fill in for electronic application. Are we to pay online or pay thru bank? Am confuse here.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 9:16am On May 14, 2015
iceberg54:

They will most likely offer u an apartment from Aug 1. Which means u will dash them one month rent. Except they are flexible enough. The ones in helsinki aren't sha.
dash dem keh?lol.. i pray dey are flexible oo...tanx boss

@olabode89, tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 9:58am On May 14, 2015
bosses, dis is wat i got on line as the major point to cover wen writin sop.....

# Why do you wish to study in d country and in the program for which you have been accepted?
# What is your overall educational goal?
# Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
# What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
# How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship
# If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full-time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé).
# In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying? What is your parents'/guardians' immigration status in their current country of residence?

my question is dis, all this question has bein answered by me in the ole opi application form. is it really compulsory to rewrite all dis again?
am jus tinkin aloud guys.....@all, sirkezman and iceberg54, abeg did u include sop in ur application when you are applying?? ur views will be highly appreciated bosses..tanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:06am On May 14, 2015
research chemist.. 500e per month. oulu also has a program. protein bio-watever.. 4000e/year
auroraborealis:

@sirkezman which course did your younger sister apply for at UEF that gave her the €5000 yearly scholarship? And please, do you have any idea what the criteria of the award could be? Many thanks for your expected prompt reply.

PS: I'd planned to apply for General Toxicology and Environmental Health Risk Assessment MSc in the next application window. I have been in contact with one Timo Kumlin (the programme coordinator) and he says they can waive IELTS for me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:07am On May 14, 2015
you dont need all these for finland.. just write a letter.. explaining ur motivation to study and how you plan to finance yourself.. no long thing

billydragon:
bosses, dis is wat i got on line as the major point to cover wen writin sop.....

# Why do you wish to study in d country and in the program for which you have been accepted?
# What is your overall educational goal?
# Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
# What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
# How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship
# If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full-time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé).
# In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents'/guardians' immigration status in their current country of residence?

my question is dis, all this question has bein answered by me in the ole opi application form. is it really compulsory to rewrite all dis again?
am jus tinkin aloud guys.....@all, sirkezman and iceberg54, abeg did u include sop in ur application when you are applying?? ur views will be highly appreciated bosses..tanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 10:08am On May 14, 2015
anthochie:

U would need one year insurance regardless of what is written. Ur insursurance must cover u to the sum of 30, 000 Euro.
I would have advicesd you buy SIP..but the price is expensive. Using SIP means there will be no issue with the verification of Ur insurance document as even the embassy recommends it. However other insurance policies are accepted...but will go through verification and other processes to ensure the quality and the ability of the firm to pay claims in case something does happen to u. This takes time. Whatever one u purchase..must be valid for one year....and be worth 30,000 Euro cover

Tnx boss.

But if I may ask, does this mean I'll hv to spend another 30,000 Euro on insurance? (#confused). When person dey hustle for 6,720 Euro.

Boss, please clarify.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:09am On May 14, 2015
just go to aiico or mutual benefit. tell them u need insurance for a year. they aiidy know all this. it costs around #31,000 or there about and you are good to go.

anthochie:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:33am On May 14, 2015
@billydragon, u ve filled in ur application. Pls I ve a question. Can u list does documents, u upload as attachments? And wen u reach d payment options,how do u do it? Do u pay online or upload d teller u use to pay in Nigeria? Pls I need a urgent answer to this my questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2015
Cmanforall:

Tnx boss.

But if I may ask, does this mean I'll hv to spend another 30,000 Euro on insurance? (#confused). When person dey hustle for 6,720 Euro.

Boss, please clarify.

Thank you Sir.

Guy,u don't need to be confuse. All what u need to do,is to go to aiico or mutual and tell dem u need insurance. That's all. D price aiico give me is 30,800.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:35am On May 14, 2015
ooluseyipa:
Guys I have a question ooooo.

If we re to fill in for electronic application. Are we to pay online or pay thru bank? Am confuse here.

@iceberge, can u pls be of help to my question.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2015
ooluseyipa:

@iceberge, can u pls be of help to my question.

Pay through the bank and present the original bank teller at the embassy as evidence of payment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2015
olabode89:

Pay through the bank and present the original bank teller at the embassy as evidence of payment.

Okay. Thanks bro.
2ndly what abt does document we to upload. Is it only d ones speculated on d application form that we will upload? And send d remaining document to embassy later?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 1:02pm On May 14, 2015
Cmanforall:

Tnx boss.

Boss, please clarify.

Thank you Sir.
lol...Noooo..I meant Ur insurance cover should be worth 30,000 Euro.....that's no how much u should pay for it ohhhhh...SIP is 260 Euro for the year...I dnt k ow how much it would cost in naija insurance firms..maybe like 35 k naira

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:51pm On May 14, 2015
ooluseyipa:
@billydragon, u ve filled in ur application. Pls I ve a question. Can u list does documents, u upload as attachments? And wen u reach d payment options,how do u do it? Do u pay online or upload d teller u use to pay in Nigeria? Pls I need a urgent answer to this my questions.
boss, i only filled d paper application for nw and i am still gatherin my docs... am confused abt the number of document to be uploaded dats y i may opt for the paper route cos i have more than 10 doc i want to upload. it was stated on the online dat we can only upload maximum of ten docs.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:54pm On May 14, 2015
sirkezman:
you dont need all these for finland.. just write a letter.. explaining ur motivation to study and how you plan to finance yourself.. no long thing

noted. tanx boss..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Okay. Thanks bro.
2ndly what abt does document we to upload. Is it only d ones speculated on d application form that we will upload? And send d remaining document to embassy later?
if we are to do it dis way, den i am goin online route myself.....bosses in da aos, answer to dis question plsss..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:05pm On May 14, 2015
billydragon:
boss, i only filled d paper application for nw and i am still gatherin my docs... am confused abt the number of document to be uploaded dats y i may opt for the paper route cos i have more than 10 doc i want to upload. it was stated on the online dat we can only upload maximum of ten docs.

Okay. See d confusion here,is dt,which one shld we do. And how many doc re wegoing to upload. If that,i don't know,i will opt for paper application and have piece of mind.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:29pm On May 14, 2015
anthochie:

lol...Noooo..I meant Ur insurance cover should be worth 30,000 Euro.....that's no how much u should pay for it ohhhhh...SIP is 260 Euro for the year...I dnt k ow how much it would cost in naija insurance firms..maybe like 35 k naira

Thanks boss.

I wish you have any contact for SIP in Naija, it will be of great help. I think the Embassy require the health insurance certificate. And I can't confirm how online registration can provide that.

Abeg no vex for ds my disturbances.
I highly appreciate ur response so far.

Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:31pm On May 14, 2015
sirkezman:
just go to aiico or mutual benefit. tell them u need insurance for a year. they aiidy know all this. it costs around #31,000 or there about and you are good to go.

Modified:
I 'googled' for their contact and the guy is telling me between 50-54k... That he's not too sure. He's not in the office to confirm from the papers.

Abeg, if its this way, I'll need SIP contacts for 9ja den?
smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:20pm On May 14, 2015
their contact? just google their website and check the nearest office to you.

Cmanforall:

Pls can you send me their contact?
My e-mail : cmanforall@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:24pm On May 14, 2015
online is faster. scan all your documents, convert them to pdf files and upload them to your migri account.

ooluseyipa:

Okay. See d confusion here,is dt,which one shld we do. And how many doc re wegoing to upload. If that,i don't know,i will opt for paper application and have piece of mind.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:41pm On May 14, 2015
I can see most people are confused about the online application. for clarification, payment for both online and paper application will be made into a nigerian bank. so if you are applying online, when you get to the payment option, you choose the option of paying at the embassy. nothing will be done on your account till you visit the embassy. when you visit the embassy with your payment slip, your account will be activated and then they start to process your application. I prefer the online route because it is faster since decision on your application will be made in finland and not in Nigeria. about uploading documents, i think you have the maximum of 10 files to load on migri.fi, so all you need to do is to scan all your files and convert them to pdf. so, (all) your bank statement sheets (last 3 months) becomes one document, your sponsors statement (last six month) another one, insurance another one, your letter of introduction (or Sop) and your Sponsors letter of support makes another document.. also include your sponsors employment letter and pay slips then you are fine..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:42pm On May 14, 2015
those who have been scheduled, how long did it take to get a response from abuja? my sister sent an email since yesterday and no reply yet
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:43pm On May 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.