Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (958306 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
billydragon:
Alhamdullilah! my rp has been granted!!abeg make una helep me tank baba God oo...@iceberg,sirkezma,olabode,goskian,adebasket and all oda bosses thanks 4 being there....

Congrats bro....................so happy for u!!!!!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
olabode89:

Have u gotten an email from the embassy concerning your residence permit card?
Not yet o. Have you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
I just got a call from the Finnish embassy to come pick my card up Ohhhh......booked an appointment with them for 2pm...Thursday....dancing shokiiii
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
sirkezman:
anyone gotten the permit card yet?

I never even get email from the embassy, I called the embassy but I received some shabby information from a very rude and brash lady. Those naija peeps are the embassy nor dey try at all.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
@j8ymz,adebasket and oda bosses wey still dey wait 4 rp una own go come very soon by d special grace of God...tanx,,,@oluseyipa tanx baba

@sirkezman, tanx so much boss....
@goskian,no wahala boss, I go ship d malt come biggerly...lol..tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
olabode89:

Congrats bro....................so happy for u!!!!!!!
boss, tanx so much....na 2 enter finland remain nw..lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
sirkezman:
congrat bro..

boss pls I need ur clarification on this, I accepted a study place b4 accepting anoda study place dat I got admitted 2 later, makin it 2 study place... shud I inform d school am no longer attending dat I will not b comin or shud I jus let it go witout informin dem?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jarno: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
jarno:
Wow, now I can see how you guys think you are so smart by beating the system. Ranging from making fake deposits into bank accounts, or getting your source of funds from loans, getting a fake residential address to be invited for the entrance examinations. We will see if you are afterall smart when you get over here. VITO!!!!!!
y wud u say such For ur information, we do not beat any system! We work 4 d money in our bank account and peeps dat didn't work 4 theirs have sponsors! d embassy verified all necessary docs b4 issuing rp! So wher did u get d assumption dat we make fake deposit?? Some peeps are jus unbelivable wit their way of tinkin! Jeez!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tinder: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
adebasket97:

only if you studied English Language, not sure though and yes its compulsory you do it before applying if youre not exempted by the school/faculty

Okay thanks will work on my ielts then. Please can you help me with schools that are tuition free for Logistics & Supply chain management. pleaseeeeezzzzz
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
jarno:
Wow, now I can see how you guys think you are so smart by beating the system. Ranging from making fake deposits into bank accounts, or getting your source of funds from loans, getting a fake residential address to be invited for the entrance examinations. We will see if you are afterall smart when you get over here. VITO!!!!!!
Who is this? angry
Oh, wait o maybe RP officers are spying on this our thread...LOL. But anyway, all my documents are genuine and I still have my funds intact.
To all, try to get your funds and documents genuinely as we have been doing... grin cool
Is the bolded really illegal for those who did it? What if the sponsor obtained a loan for his/her ward and plans to repay from monthly salary? Just asking...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
yes you should inform the other school of your decision. you shouldnt have accepted the admission in 2 places though

billydragon:
boss pls I need ur clarification on this, I accepted a study place b4 accepting anoda study place dat I got admitted 2 later, makin it 2 study place... shud I inform d school am no longer attending dat I will not b comin or shud I jus let it go witout informin dem?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
yes. it is a crime to borrow money for the purpose of residence permit alone. but your sponsor can borrow to sponsor you. so no cause for alarm

Goskian:

Who is this? angry
Oh, wait o maybe RP officers are spying on this our thread...LOL. But anyway, all my documents are genuine and I still have my funds intact.
To all, try to get your funds and documents genuinely... grin
Is the bolded really illegal for those who did it? What if the sponsor obtained a loan for his/her ward and plans to repay from monthly salary? Just asking...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
sirkezman:
yes. it is a crime to borrow money for the purpose of residence permit alone. but your sponsor can borrow to sponsor you. so no cause for alarm

That is what I'm trying to say, that it's not entirely wrong, so far it's the sponsor that borrows and not the student. In my case I worked and saved for some years hoping to go and study in the UK before I discovered Finland, so I'm just asking anyways... wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Just got this from Abuja Embassy:

Dear Surname, Firstname Othername,
This is to inform that your residence permit has been granted. You should send your passport with a cover letter through DHL, UPS, FedEx or any other courier to the Embassy using the address below. The cover letter should indicate your email address, telephone number, PU-... number (residence permit reference number given during interview) and return delivery address.

Note that the Immigration authority is now issuing Residence Permit cards. The Embassy is expecting your card at the moment from Finland. It takes approximately two weeks for your residence permit card to arrive.

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
No. 9 Iro Dan Musa Street
Asokoro
Abuja

You should pay in advance for the return delivery of the passport to the courier company at the same time of sending the passport to the Embassy. The Embassy will not return the passport if the return delivery is not paid in advance.

To confirm if the Embassy has received your documents, please direct your enquiries to the courier company you have used.

Please indicate in your cover letter if you have some original documents remaining at the Embassy.

Sincerely Yours,

EMBASSY OF FINLAND IN ABUJA
www.finlandnigeria.org<http://www.finlandnigeria.org>
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
sirkezman:
yes you should inform the other school of your decision. you shouldnt have accepted the admission in 2 places though

I didn't do it intentionally boss...I prefer d course dey later gv me in d 2nd school 2 d first school I accepted initially..hp ther is no penalty or repercussion 2 dis o?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
i really dont know, i have never seen any one in this kinda situation but i dont think there should be a penalty for this. you should contact the school asap sha

billydragon:
I didn't do it intentionally boss...I prefer d course dey later gv me in d 2nd school 2 d first school I accepted initially..hp ther is no penalty or repercussion 2 dis o?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
same here

Goskian:

This is to inform that your residence permit has been granted. You should send your passport with a cover letter through DHL, UPS, FedEx or any other courier to the Embassy using the address below. The cover letter should indicate your email address, telephone number, PU-... number (residence permit reference number given during interview) and return delivery address.

Note that the Immigration authority is now issuing Residence Permit cards. The Embassy is expecting your card at the moment from Finland. It takes approximately two weeks for your residence permit card to arrive.

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
Asokoro
Abuja

You should pay in advance for the return delivery of the passport to the courier company at the same time of sending the passport to the Embassy. The Embassy will not return the passport if the return delivery is not paid in advance.

To confirm if the Embassy has received your documents, please direct your enquiries to the courier company you have used.

Please indicate in your cover letter if you have some original documents remaining at the Embassy.

Sincerely Yours,

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
@goskian I just got the same mail. Omo, I'm not as excited as I was in January about traveling. Being away from family and friends wey I don live with/know all my life. It's kinda sad. Me wey dey live like big boy for here. Dey turn up every Friday, pick unilag gehs, shano wole for club, live life wella, etc. To come go oyinbo man land go dey look thin babes wey no get front or back. The first 4 Fridays go hard mehn. Oh... wait, there'll be international students too o. Latinos, etc. Omo... I don happy again. cheesy cheesy cheesy In case you're wondering if I'm going to finland to be playing upandan, the answer is YES! :p life is too short not to enjoy. I dey go work and play. cheesy I no fit go use pressure and depression kill myself.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
billydragon:
A school like Aalto enforces the acceptance of their offer... so once you accept them you wont be able to attend another school. However, I read on migri somewhere that once you are issued a RP, you may attend another school different from the one whose admission letter you used in securing the RP. You must however show proof of studying at least 40 ECTS before your renewal... Hence, you need to find out from the first school you accepted offer from, if their offer is not binding!
Kippis!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
sureb0y:
@goskian I just got the same mail. Omo, I'm not as excited as I was in January about traveling. Being away from family and friends wey I don live with/know all my life. It's kinda sad. Me wey dey live like big boy for here. Dey turn up every Friday, pick unilag gehs, shano wole for club, live life wella, etc. To come go oyinbo man land go dey look thin babes wey no get front or back. The first 4 Fridays go hard mehn. Oh... wait, there'll be international students too o. Latinos, etc. Omo... I don happy again. cheesy cheesy cheesy In case you're wondering if I'm going to finland to be playing upandan, the answer is YES! :p life is too short not to enjoy. I dey go work and play. cheesy I no fit go use pressure and depression kill myself.
Reads comment... LOL... falls down from chair... You are a bad, bad guy!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
I be wan reply the Jarno guy wey dey yarn dust. I see say him don retract d post so I'll let it slide. Nothing annoys me in this life more than oversabi. We created a thread to educate others on how to boost their chances of securing admission and also how to prepare a close-to-perfect residence permit application to stand a better chance of getting an approval, one Jarno dey yarn dust about beating the system. Bro, before you hide behind a keyboard to write something derogatory about people's intentions, try to think about the content of what you're writing. The key components of this thread include how to pass exams, how to ensure u have money available so u don't starve in finland, how to spend wisely and above all NOT to try any shady means. No vex me o. After sleepless nights to hustle admission and money to go finland, u come here dey talk rubbish. Mind yourself o.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
I be wan reply that janjanweed guy but God don touch my heart o.

@Sureb0y u don sign o, me sef ehn I go miss all my joints and my cow leg pepper soup o. chai, man pikin go dy chop boneless chicken, WTF!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Goskian:

A school like Aalto enforces the acceptance of their offer... so once you accept them you wont be able to attend another school. However, I read on migri somewhere that once you are issued a RP, you may attend another school different from the one whose admission letter you used in securing the RP. You must however show proof of studying at least 40 ECTS before your renewal... Hence, you need to find out from the first school you accepted offer from, if their offer is not binding!
Kippis!!
if its bindin wad does it mean abeg??I only sent soft copy of d confirmation letter nt d hard copy...in d email d lady sent me, she wrote ther dat I can renounce my study place if I am no longer interestd in said course. So I don't realy knw its a big deal on till nw...bt I felt since I avnt sent d hard copy of d confirmation form I am convered...

@sirkezman, I av done dat...tanx boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
Goskian:

Embassy of Finland
RESIDENCE PERMIT OFFICE
Asokoro
Abuja

Sincerely Yours,

I got same mail

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
billydragon:
if its bindin wad does it mean abeg??I only sent soft copy of d confirmation letter nt d hard copy...in d email d lady sent me, she wrote ther dat I can renounce my study place if I am no longer interestd in said course. So I don't realy knw its a big deal on till nw...bt I felt since I avnt sent d hard copy of d confirmation form I am convered...
If someone from the said school you're not interested in sent you the bolded, then I think all you have to do is to write them that you are no longer coming to their school... shikena!
A binding offer is one that you have to 'obey'; that is, after you accept such offer you won't be able to attend another institution in Finland during the same admission year even when you don't want the school again... Accepting an offer may be through any means (hard or soft) so far you already accepted....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Goskian:

If someone from the said school you're not interested in sent you the bolded, then I think all you have to do is to write them that you are no longer coming to their school... shikena!
A binding offer is one that you have to 'obey'; that is, after you accept such offer you won't be able to attend another institution in Finland during the same admission year even when you don't want the school again... Accepting an offer may be through any means (hard or soft) so far you already accepted....
haa! Boss, u are scarin me wit dis bindin ish ooo....abegi oo...am seriously scared nw oo..I av message d lady in question I won't b comin due to some circumstances..I jus pray it won't get 2 dis level of not bein able 2 attend any oda school...bt migri on d oda hand said u can change school if u like na..jus read dat ther as u said ealier..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by aril: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kindly put me through about the processing fee payment at the service point. Is it compulsory that i pay at the service point or i can just pay at any standard chartered bank and tender the payment slip when i get to the embassy for my interview. Again, if i want to pay at the service point which is Abuja, how do i go about it. I mean am i going to pay at the embassy before i proceed with my interview or how? I am lost about the service point thing ja re......... please house explain to me details.

Thanks in advance and God bless.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
To be sincere that jarno guy need to be careful next time,becos ths tread is very educative. Guys of likes mind came togeda and achieve success. Even if Fnnish immigration check out this trend,dey will give d guys award. No illegal stuff @ serikzman and iceberg tutor all of us to this level,they give us there time to advice us and am sure they are very proud to see us @p dis level.

About the mail,i ve gotten the mail since wen my RP was granted. Am sure by now ur RP will be dere. Just use d courier services and send it to e embassy.
@ sure boy,i dey feel u guy. I wish dere is joint whr I can eat ikobi and origin over dere. Kittos.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
aril:
Kindly put me through about the processing fee payment at the service point. Is it compulsory that i pay at the service point or i can just pay at any standard chartered bank and tender the payment slip when i get to the embassy for my interview. Again, if i want to pay at the service point which is Abuja, how do i go about it. I mean am i going to pay at the embassy before i proceed with my interview or how? I am lost about the service point thing ja re......... please house explain to me details.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

Pay at any standard chartered bank and tender the deposit slip as evidence od payment at the embassy.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
billydragon:
Congrats billydragon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.